Page 2 of 13 « First 12345612 ... Last»
    Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Future War Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Scaze View Post
    Imo one of the main issues is spam. Some people don't think of the NW as a place to RP; to possibly have fun and maybe even have an intense fight with someone either their level, or someone who they've always wanted to fight. While there's also the aspect of having something at stake, coupled with the teamwork that's needed to successfully pull of an wide scale attack. Instead they think of it as simply running around on a summon or w.e, with random and often retarded thread titles with spam post taking up 2/3 of the page. Things would run so much smoother if people just stopped spamming, if it's not RP, or a really long informative post, don't put it in the thread. Even if it's not some random "lol", or troll comment, either edit it into your previous post, or VM the person. There's no need to actually post a one line response even if it is relevant to the fight.

Also the metagaming/godmodding needs to stop. Things like someone making a thread stating they're leaving Z village to head to X village, then a person from X village instantly replying with something like, but not limited to "Oh man, you're coming to X village? Hmm Looks like this might be fun". It's not needed and it's just spam, and if your Bio is the one saying it, then you're just Godmodding. Then if a different person from Z village, decides to point out that the person is godmodding, do you really need to post it in the thread? Can't you just VM them? Seriously? Or even just post it in the War Discussion thread, oh wait, I forgot. Those usually lead to spam as well. If the need to spam is so great, to the extent that it would feel like sacrilege for you to not spam at least once in a Ninja world thread, then make two War Discussion threads. One Serious War Discussion thread, used only for notifications, topics relating to the war that don't pertain to a specific thread, or rather need to be viewed by everyone, or even long running arguments. Then another Casual War Discussion thread, solely to either spam, or talk to the opposition or fellow villages about whether they're enjoying the war, who they plan on fighting next, etc. Give a baby a rattle, he's likely to suck on it eventually due to force of habit, give him a rattle and a dummy, and he's likely to use the rattle as it's supposed to be used.

Imo the biggest problem is the spam, and people getting involved in threads that they shouldn't be posting in. Spam, and random interruptions either starts and argument or fuels the argument that has already started. That or it make people miss things, or get caught up in things that could've been avoided. Then they end up making a mistake and either rage or play the blame game. For instance LoK destroying Kumo, I'm sure he posted those techniques somewhere, however I've been browsing through this war quite a lot, and I still can't find it. Why? Because it's probably buried under useless spam made by other members who probably shouldn't be posting in the thread in the first place. That, or I'm blind. Also, that war Discussion thread that was eventually made has like 16 pages. 25 posts per page, I'm pretty sure that's like at least 390+ posts. I'd have to be a pretty big retard to believe that even a fraction of those posts were needed. Spamming seems to be like some sort of chain reaction in the NW, one person does it, then another and before you know it you've got a legion of spammers. It's contagious. It's detrimental to the Rp. It need's to stop. Maybe village higher ups need to be stricter about the spam produced by their villages, it might seem harsh, it might make you think "You can't control me, what right do you have to do so?", but at the end of the day, when a single person can start a flame war by posting something unnecessary. A flame war that could ruin something for everybody else, they need to be held accountable for their actions and realize that there's a time and place for everything, spams place isn't in the ninja world. Or at least direct their spamming libido to a single thread.

Tl;dr. Stop spamming, meta gaming, godmodding, and making posts that could've been kept to Vms.
    I'm sorry but spam is the very least of the problems its barely even a problem. Sometimes spam even helps take some of the steam off I'm a tense situation. Hoe many people have you seen clamor that spam OS a huge problem in the NW? because your the first I've seen to male this big of a deal. The godmodding and metagaming I agree on though like when konoha went to kumogakure EVERYONE in kumo was suddenly at the gate for no reason lol like when itachi and kisame came to konoha NO ONE knew they were there until kakashi.spotted them I believe

Banned
    Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

so if people come to konoha you guys won't be waiting to jump in?^

P.s i'm always at the ats

not starting any arguments

but spam does help brighten the mood

everyone was arguing in that thread til haku and i came along

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg
    thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    I'm sorry but spam is the very least of the problems its barely even a problem. Sometimes spam even helps take some of the steam off I'm a tense situation. Hoe many people have you seen clamor that spam OS a huge problem in the NW? because your the first I've seen to male this big of a deal. The godmodding and metagaming I agree on though like when konoha went to kumogakure EVERYONE in kumo was suddenly at the gate for no reason lol like when itachi and kisame came to konoha NO ONE knew they were there until kakashi.spotted them I believe
    Yeah i mean lets face it you guys do the same, only person that hasn't bum rushed me when i come to konoha, after mysteriously being on the wall facing outwards at the time is Zero lol.

Status
    May 2008
    They are less than worms,
    those humans. I have judged
    them and found them wanting.

Spam is not saying a joke...spam is randomly posting. I takes the fun out of it and makes the threads that should be like 2 pages long transform into a 16 page spread about beans and their color. Spam is a problem, yes.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

look at the thread where rexii came to konoha we simply waited for him to hit the barrier

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Spam is not saying a joke...spam is randomly posting. I takes the fun out of it and makes the threads that should be like 2 pages long transform into a 16 page spread about beans and their color. Spam is a problem, yes.
    One time i had green beans, then orange ones, we live in crazy times Scorps....Crazy times.

look at the thread where rexii came to konoha we simply waited for him to hit the barrier
    *Cough*
    Zero waited for me to hit the barrier, and to be fair its only cause we agreed on making a point.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    your a mod your SUPPOSED. to say stuff like that I think people just need to lighten.up.a bit

@rexii HURR DURR reported as spam that was so unneeded I.hope you get an.infraction lmao
    how do you know that we won't start doing that all the time lol

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

your a mod your SUPPOSED. to say stuff like that I think people just need to lighten.up.a bit

@rexii HURR DURR reported as spam that was so unneeded I.hope you get an.infraction lmao
    how do you know that we won't start doing that all the time lol
    Because i can guarantee if i said in that thread, "The minute i get to konoha borders i'm throwing motherflipping F ranks at the village".
    Things would have went quite differently, see thats me defending the responses, its as unfair to launch nukes from the borderlands as it is to have ten members mysteriously waiting.
    You see where i'm going with this?

TL;DR

Your all phucked up.

Status
    Feb 2011
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ReXii View Post
    Never again do i wish to see the words "You are Minato the leafs yellow flash and i know all about your FTG technique"
    That is pretty much the pinnacle of Metagaming, unless your a Kirabi or fourth raikage bio its unlikely you ever seen the attack!
    Rant over.
    You should just try to combine blizzards and SY rules together and release them ASAP.
    Aren't you now the yellow flash of the premium village?

But anyway, I'm not entirely sure what everyone means by 'metagaming'. People suddenly knowing of all the techniques someone possesses? I'm assuming it's that, and with some cases it's fair. Minato was known for his Flying Thunder God technique throughout all of the Narutoverse, Hashirama was known for his Wood Release, Raikages for their Nintaijutsu abilities etc. They're known as legends, so of course people would have heard of their techniques. They may not know entirely of their techniques just from not ever confronting them, but they would have at least heard of you.

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    Aren't you now the yellow flash of the premium village?

But anyway, I'm not entirely sure what everyone means by 'metagaming'. People suddenly knowing of all the techniques someone possesses? I'm assuming it's that, and with some cases it's fair. Minato was known for his Flying Thunder God technique throughout all of the Narutoverse, Hashirama was known for his Wood Release, Raikages for their Nintaijutsu abilities etc. They're known as legends, so of course people would have heard of their techniques. They may not know entirely of their techniques just from not ever confronting them, but they would have at least heard of you.
    That is metagaming, basically knowing a reply to an action based on something you as a person know, not you as a character know.
    Like that stuff with Minato, look at it this way, his own students thought he used body flicker on that Iwa ninja, Kakashi had no idea he was holding a FTG kunai otherwise he would have called for help sooner, it had to be explained to him afterwards, basically if his own student didn't know, nearly everyone that had faced him is presumed dead except A&B, and out of those it seemed to be only A who figured the FTG out completely until the end of that fight.
    How could anyone know, most just thought he was insanely fast, like shisui, maybe his other eye contained a S/T technique the oppposite of kamui that teleported him to whatever location his focal point was focused on, maybe nobody understood that either so he got the name shisui of the body flicker based on that?
    You see what i mean, you as a person know how the FTG works, how Amaterasu and Sage mode, and Blast wood, etc etc, you know how it all works, but to use that knowledge even though your bio does not have it, that is metagaming and it's unfair.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Hurrr? Durrr~

Sorry, I forgot. Spam solves problems, it doesn't in any way make it harder to get a grasp on the situation and thus organize the situation. Neither does it make it harder for anyone who has been slightly inactive to catch up on the war. Spam keeps everything streamlined so that everyone can know exactly what's going on. Spam is just so informative that it's absolutely necessary. Please excuse me for my brain fart, for a moment there I thought spam was the cause of some things that just didn't need to happen in the NW. After all little to no spam results in threads or wars that become annoying and boring and eventually get closed/ended prematurely, like this; http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=271800 & this http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=252749 , and doesn't result in a end that was awesome and successful. Not successful like those that were graced by spam such as this; in fact I can't find an exceptionally good example among the abundance of threads in the NW, maybe because I can't be asked to read through all of those wonderful RP posts.

Of course everybody loves those funny, witty jokes that are occasionally off topic, but really how many of those are needed in a thread? If all spam was just those witty jokes, it'd be about 5 posts per thread. That's not so bad at all.

Sorry if this came across as a bit aggressive, just trying to get my point across. o_o
    Of course no spam doesn't mean things will immediately get better, but at least you can know exactly what's going on. It doesn't make reading through a thread that's being used to attack your village so tedious and it can make it easier for people to organize and for sensei's to judge.

Last edited by Scaze; 11-23-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!

Well to be totally fair, people would have heard rumors of this sort of thing throughout our Ninja World. Even if me as my 'character' wouldn't know of Minato's FTG for example, if there were a battle going on in Kiri regarding this Minato and they made it back alive, it could be considered intel on their abilities.

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

Well to be totally fair, people would have heard rumors of this sort of thing throughout our Ninja World. Even if me as my 'character' wouldn't know of Minato's FTG for example, if there were a battle going on in Kiri regarding this Minato and they made it back alive, it could be considered intel on their abilities.
    Of course but that intel is only as valid as can be reasoned, someone couldn't return and say exactly what the FTG does unless they managed to deduce it and survive during the conflict and make it back to tell you, If i teleported behind someone thanks to a seal placed on them and they survived the attack, what as a bio would they know?

The answer is simple.

"He somehow got behind me so fast i couldn't follow it and attacked me."

Look at Tobi, Minato tagged him he had no idea, he teleported to him and stabbed him with a kunai and used the contract seal, Tobi had no idea how he done so, he actually just chose to flee with no further information on what happened, this is Tobi his former student if anyone understood his technique to some degree it should have been him no?

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Of course but that intel is only as valid as can be reasoned, someone couldn't return and say exactly what the FTG does unless they managed to deduce it and survive during the conflict and make it back to tell you, If i teleported behind someone thanks to a seal placed on them and they survived the attack, what as a bio would they know?

The answer is simple.

"He somehow got behind me so fast i couldn't follow it and attacked me."

Look at Tobi, Minato tagged him he had no idea, he teleported to him and stabbed him with a kunai and used the contract seal, Tobi had no idea how he done so, he actually just chose to flee with no further information on what happened, this is Tobi his former student if anyone understood his technique to some degree it should have been him no?
    well thats because kishi didn't want to make minato easily countered my rp person could easily say

"he's thrown a kunai with strange markings on them best to keep an eye on it it may be fuuin jutsu or something" then when you teport to i i could say " i see the markings are like a point he can transport to this point at any time)

frankly everyone taht fought him should have seen this right away unless they missed the kunai or choose to ignore it but had kishi have everyone like a just figure it out he wouldn't have been taht op would he?

Status
    Sep 2011
    King of Hell 地獄の王

There is one more thing that is positive in you're topic. It will actually make use of the character more important and kind'a cool. You need to actually work and learn to know about others. Adds realism according to the Narutoverse logic. Also, I assume the data can be shared by people who have actually seen the person using those abilities with their villagers. It will Kind'a damage the point of having every person risk themselves for it, but will decrease the so called "Meta-Gaming"
    I assume Training with the person holding the bio's or fighting with them will be good enough? Not sure about the training part.

One more point. SPAM is a topic of focus and it can be solved pretty easy. How? Punish those who do spam. People may say, "So what? Will mods infract or ban everyone" But that is the point. Why not read rules before posting.

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    well thats because kishi didn't want to make minato easily countered my rp person could easily say

"he's thrown a kunai with strange markings on them best to keep an eye on it it may be fuuin jutsu or something" then when you teport to i i could say " i see the markings are like a point he can transport to this point at any time)

frankly everyone taht fought him should have seen this right away unless they missed the kunai or choose to ignore it but had kishi have everyone like a just figure it out he wouldn't have been taht op would he?
    This is wrong on a lot of levels, for example, you can't assume markings are automatically a fuuinjutsu, you also can't deduce from a fuuinjutsu that he can teleport to the location at any time, not unless you manage to actually turn your head in time to see him appear at the kunai.
    Now obviously for speed reasons the Raikage was able to follow his appearance and see the he grabbed the kunai, he also saw the second kunai spin past him a second before Minato reappeared and attempted to stab him holding the kunai that was flying past him.
    That made it more obvious in regards to the nature of the FTG technique, but unless you have that sort of vision and speed enough to realize then usually after witnessing two uses of the FTG one directly behind you, then your already dead anyway.
    I mean A would probably be dead right now if not for B's help.

Quote Originally Posted by pradattauchiha View Post
    There is one more thing that is positive in you're topic. It will actually make use of the character more important and kind'a cool. You need to actually work and learn to know about others. Adds realism according to the Narutoverse logic. Also, I assume the data can be shared by people who have actually seen the person using those abilities with their villagers. It will Kind'a damage the point of having every person risk themselves for it, but will decrease the so called "Meta-Gaming"
    I assume Training with the person holding the bio's or fighting with them will be good enough? Not sure about the training part.

One more point. SPAM is a topic of focus and it can be solved pretty easy. How? Punish those who do spam. People may say, "So what? Will mods infract or ban everyone" But that is the point. Why not read rules before posting.
    This is all circumstancial, if you have fought me in the ninja world, against my Minato, saw my FTG gathered some info on it, during the fight of course.
    And lived to tell the tale then yes, if you have a Minato bio, then no neither of us would know, which is why i wear battle armor actually so people don't say "I recognise you" But obviously nobody reads bio's anymore anyway.
    Training with them again no, unless i used or explained the FTG to you while training you for some unexplained reason.
    Basically you can only use what your bio has seen, you can't fight Hashirama and know how his wood techniques work, even if you have "heard" of them.
    Because you could hear he uses wood but have no idea how he uses it, does he extend it from his body? Does he create it from the floor? Can it only be created around him? What are the strengths if it? Is it flexible or stiff? So on so forth.
    Just hearing about something doesn't give you all that knowledge by default.

Last edited by ReXii; 11-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

This is wrong on a lot of levels, for example, you can't assume markings are automatically a fuuinjutsu, you also can't deduce from a fuuinjutsu that he can teleport to the location at any time, not unless you manage to actually turn your head in time to see him appear at the kunai.
    Now obviously for speed reasons the Raikage was able to follow his appearance and see the he grabbed the kunai, he also saw the second kunai spin past him a second before Minato reappeared and attempted to stab him holding the kunai that was flying past him.
    That made it more obvious in regards to the nature of the FTG technique, but unless you have that sort of vision and speed enough to realize then usually after witnessing two uses of the FTG one directly behind you, then your already dead anyway.
    I mean A would probably be dead right now if not for B's help.
    why couldn't i? i see a kunai with markings on it is it for decortion? i don't think so so logically as fuuinjutsu have seals and marking on them that kunai might aswell so its a possablty you wouldn't be willing to ignore and yeah i would keep my eye and atteion on the kunai because it might be an attack

also everyvillage has had a minatio bio konoha had dante with the bio after all and gin-san

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

why couldn't i? i see a kunai with markings on it is it for decortion? i don't think so so logically as fuuinjutsu have seals and marking on them that kunai might aswell so its a possablty you wouldn't be willing to ignore and yeah i would keep my eye and atteion on the kunai because it might be an attack

also everyvillage has had a minatio bio konoha had dante with the bio after all and gin-san
    This is my point, what does your character Haku know about fuuinjutsu?
    Do you have fuuinjutsu mastered? Can you understand the kanji of Fuuinjutsu?
    How do you know the kanji isn't related to a KG, how do you know its not the kanji for explode, and its simply an exploding tagged kunai?
    Can you read the kanji on a kunai as it flies at blurred speeds past you?

The reasons you are making are the very core of Metagaming, Konoha had Minato bio? But its not my bio, my Minato is my own, knowledge of someone else's bio is invalid because we are not clones even if we are the same person, for the sake of RP you act like you don't know, because your bio should never encounter clones full stop.
    It's all used to gain an unfair advantage, by your deductions i could simply say i know all ice jutsu...Because i'm an ice master...I recognise all sharingan genjutsu because i have all of them, none of the basic 5 suprise me because i have that mastered.
    I can read and understand all fuuinjutsu because i am a fuuin master.
    You see how unfair that could be if used?

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

This is my point, what does your character Haku know about fuuinjutsu?
    Do you have fuuinjutsu mastered? Can you understand the kanji of Fuuinjutsu?
    How do you know the kanji isn't related to a KG, how do you know its not the kanji for explode, and its simply an exploding tagged kunai?
    Can you read the kanji on a kunai as it flies at blurred speeds past you?

The reasons you are making are the very core of Metagaming, Konoha had Minato bio? But its not my bio, my Minato is my own, knowledge of someone else's bio is invalid because we are not clones even if we are the same person, for the sake of RP you act like you don't know, because your bio should never encounter clones full stop.
    It's all used to gain an unfair advantage, by your deductions i could simply say i know all ice jutsu...Because i'm an ice master...I recognise all sharingan genjutsu because i have all of them, none of the basic 5 suprise me because i have that mastered.
    I can read and understand all fuuinjutsu because i am a fuuin master.
    You see how unfair that could be if used?
    everyninja has a basic under standing of fuuinjutsu thats not exatcly a hidden ninjutsu only few people know of so i would know enough to know that markings might indicate fuuinjutsu pretty sure in the ninja acadenmy they would teach you each form of ninjutsu maybe not kekki genkai but fuuin jutsu would be on that list as they might have to counter it someday and afte ryou drop the bio it's assumed your new bio doesn't know of it your using two differnt things old bio knowledge and bios in a village knowledge.
    and maybe thats why there should be a one canon bio to person rule

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

everyninja has a basic under standing of fuuinjutsu thats not exatcly a hidden ninjutsu only few people know of so i would know enough to know that markings might indicate fuuinjutsu pretty sure in the ninja acadenmy they would teach you each form of ninjutsu maybe not kekki genkai but fuuin jutsu would be on that list as they might have to counter it someday and afte ryou drop the bio it's assumed your new bio doesn't know of it your using two differnt things old bio knowledge and bios in a village knowledge.
    and maybe thats why there should be a one canon bio to person rule
    Your wrong, only a few ninja have an understanding of fuuinjutsu, it is hidden ninjutsu, the Uzumaki clan, Minato, Kakashi, Obito, Orochimaru.
    Those are some of the only ninja ever shown to have any understanding of fuuinjutsu.
    Considering Fuuinjutsu are Kanji, japanese letters, the only understanding of them would be by reading them.
    Look at the curse mark, only Kakashi understood what it was, had they taught them about Fuuinjutsu, everyone present would have realized that sasuke had activated a fuuinjutsu containing stored dark chakra.
    But everyone just stood gawping at him like "What the hell just happened"
    Fuuinjutsu is directly related to Kinjutsu, in a way yin and yang are, fuuinjutsu is the pinnacle of hidden techniques pretty much, a very select few ninja use kinjutsu and fuuinjutsu, fuuinjutsu are light based in some ways, sealing techniques, Kinjutsu are dark based revival techniques.
    Assuming everyone knew fuuinjutsu they wouldn't need sealing teams in the ninja war in the manga would they?
    Everyone could just seal the edo's.