Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Member Yellow Flash of Texas's Avatar
    Status
    Yellow Flash of Texas is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Hidan Not Immortal?

    So did anyone see the recent anime filler episode? I know fillers dont have to follow the manga perfectly, but it cleary shows kabuto revive Hidan using edo-tense. I thought that hidan was immortal and when Shikamaru beat him he was just beheaded, but still alive. Anyone have any ideas?
    :kakashi:
     
         

  2. #2
    Lurker Extraordinaire Marcello1's Avatar
    Status
    Marcello1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ▲ \___Your___▲ ▲___Mind___/
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    According to the Jashin religion, you must slaughter many individuals as often as you can in order to stay immortal. Presumably, after a while, Hidan would die.
     
         

  3. #3
    Hyōton KGB Kakuzu's Avatar
    Status
    KGB Kakuzu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Checking my Psycho Pass
    Posts
    12,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    I did on fact! It has been said that Hidan can die of lack of nutrients (starvation) could also be that by not following the temnants (killing time....literally) of his religion he loses his immortality
     
         

  4. #4
    zαвυzα ƒαη Katkot's Avatar
    Status
    Katkot is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ιη уσυя ∂яєαмѕ
    Posts
    3,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    кησωℓє∂gє
    ѕρєαкѕ bυт
    ωιѕ∂σм ℓιѕтєηѕ
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    i haven't watch the eposide so i can't tell yet
     
         

  5. #5
    Nerd November's Avatar
    Status
    November is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    My Room
    Posts
    6,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tired just Tired !!!
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    maybe kabuto killed hidan by turn him into dust(maybe burn him to die).
     
         

  6. #6
    PeaceKeeper Vanderfee's Avatar
    Status
    Vanderfee is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    2,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because I don't
    fight...doesn't mean you
    should think I'm weak.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Hidan is immortal. He should be at the last place we expected him to be. Other than that, never trust fillers. They're irrelevant to the story.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Braveknight's Avatar
    Status
    Braveknight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    fighting on front lines with Goku
    Posts
    5,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    that was a filler. filler dont count.
     
         

  8. #8
    The ghost of NB Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where you aren't
    Posts
    23,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    i think you should totally disregard the fillers atm as they are fillers totally not cannon
     
         

  9. #9
    Grandiose noble of NB Organis Machinas's Avatar
    Status
    Organis Machinas is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    in ur mind...
    Posts
    1,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    thought process jumbled..
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    I did on fact! It has been said that Hidan can die of lack of nutrients (starvation) could also be that by not following the temnants (killing time....literally) of his religion he loses his immortality
    i would second this, his head has been removed from his body for how long? i couldn't imagine a headless body doing much damage to a garden....much less slaughtering anyone lol
     
         

  10. #10
    Hokage spartan001's Avatar
    Status
    spartan001 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    I thought that water stuff regenerated and remade Hidan....
     
         

  11. #11
    Overlord Commander Captain Planet's Avatar
    Status
    Captain Planet is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Stopping Eco terrorists for you ungrateful jerks
    Posts
    387
    Post Thanks / Like
    giggity
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    That wasn't an Edo. Kabuto created a copy using a different Jutsu. Sorry if I spoil it for anybody...
     
         

  12. #12
    Member
    Status
    Shadow Abyss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Maybe you didn't understand what really happened with Hidan in the last episode.
    Kabuto used an entirely different technique to bring Hidan because he is still alive. It is not the actual Hidan, it is just a clone similar to the Hashirama plant thing on Tobi's laboratory. If Hidan had died, Kabuto wouldn't go to the trouble of cloning him, he would just ET him.
    The anime didn't screw up (this time).
     
         

  13. #13
    Member Yellow Flash of Texas's Avatar
    Status
    Yellow Flash of Texas is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Abyss View Post
    Maybe you didn't understand what really happened with Hidan in the last episode.
    Kabuto used an entirely different technique to bring Hidan because he is still alive. It is not the actual Hidan, it is just a clone similar to the Hashirama plant thing on Tobi's laboratory. If Hidan had died, Kabuto wouldn't go to the trouble of cloning him, he would just ET him.
    The anime didn't screw up (this time).
    Thanks for clarifing this i was totally like wtf!!!....Another question is posed then why was Kabuto even messing with this technique. Could it be to perfect ET or what?
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member TurrinB's Avatar
    Status
    TurrinB is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Well he dies if he hasn't killed someone in a long time.
     
         

  15. #15
    Economical Truth kisamexRocks's Avatar
    Status
    kisamexRocks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Um, Kabuto used Hidans DNA and had the snakes themselves replicate into his body, so basically it's not Hidan from Edo Tensei but Hidan cloned via snakes and from Hidans DNA.

    Kabuto had not perfected ET, as some of the bodies were not moving or responding, so he is able to control a few amount of ET.
     
         

  16. #16
    Member B00m's Avatar
    Status
    B00m is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    The episode was weird, the whole thing. It had to be earlier because they are currently fighting Edos, well Kakashi and co. are anyways. As others said, I thought the Hidan summon was different of that of an Edo, that special water had something to do with it obviously.

    Things that confused me:
    - Why summon Hidan? Another undead soldier?
    - Could Hidan fight himself assuming he isn't dead?
    - Kabuto not sage/snake mode but still had the chakra to summon Edos
    - Whole episode. Why the worthless mission? Not worried about the Akatsuki at all?

    I really enjoyed the different look to the characters though, Kabuto and Naruto stuck out.
     
         

  17. #17
    Member Itachi8179's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi8179 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    No one is immortal. Without body you cannot exist into this world and his body already dissapeared naturaly. All whats left of him is bones and if you call it alive so i dont debate.
     
         

  18. #18
    ϕ Final Getsuga Tenshou ϕ Xaviour's Avatar
    Status
    Xaviour is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ><> ♥ <><
    Posts
    15,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martial Arts FTW
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcello1 View Post
    According to the Jashin religion, you must slaughter many individuals as often as you can in order to stay immortal. Presumably, after a while, Hidan would die.
    It doesn't say that anywhere in the Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi8179 View Post
    No one is immortal. Without body you cannot exist into this world and his body already dissapeared naturaly. All whats left of him is bones and if you call it alive so i dont debate.
    Say that to his talking head. This is anime after all, people shouldn't be able to walk straight up a tree or have a giant fox crammed up their a- you know what I mean.

    These are fillers people. If Hidan had died then he would've been revived during the war. That, or Shikamaru's clan was keeping watch over the body... nah
     
         

  19. #19
    Member superfuzzyllama's Avatar
    Status
    superfuzzyllama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Quote Originally Posted by B00m View Post
    The episode was weird, the whole thing. It had to be earlier because they are currently fighting Edos, well Kakashi and co. are anyways. As others said, I thought the Hidan summon was different of that of an Edo, that special water had something to do with it obviously.

    Things that confused me:
    - Why summon Hidan? Another undead soldier?
    - Could Hidan fight himself assuming he isn't dead?
    - Kabuto not sage/snake mode but still had the chakra to summon Edos
    - Whole episode. Why the worthless mission? Not worried about the Akatsuki at all?

    I really enjoyed the different look to the characters though, Kabuto and Naruto stuck out.
    Kabuto does need Sage mode to summon edo's, not sure how your confused on that part?

    Honestly it was an ok episode, clearly a little character development on Kabuto's part as his played a key role in the current war but I found it kinda weird how they just left Naruto, Kabuto, Kakashi and co for what happened with those kids and that older guy, dunno if it was Naruto who was seeing it or what but aside from that it was an ok episode
     
         

  20. #20
    Death by Hugs! Cowthulhu45's Avatar
    Status
    Cowthulhu45 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waiting for you to lower your guard.
    Posts
    8,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this pocket watch. see
    how i swing it in a slow
    arc... You are feeling
    sleepy... When i snap my
    fingers, you will wake up, and
    give me Rep... Click!
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderfee View Post
    Hidan is immortal. He should be at the last place we expected him to be. Other than that, never trust fillers. They're irrelevant to the story.
    Especialy not this one, they are in normal konoha and nagato is dead.
     
         

  21. #21
    Member B00m's Avatar
    Status
    B00m is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Quote Originally Posted by superfuzzyllama View Post
    Kabuto does need Sage mode to summon edo's, not sure how your confused on that part?
    Exactly, he wasn't a sage in the latest episode. He looked rather young. Although it's a filler a lot of this were weird about this episode. He summoned all the Akatski Edos, besides Nagato I believe, but wasn't in SM, so this had to be before he threatened Tobi for an alliance? Assuming he wouldn't go up against Tobi without full control of his edo summons. And this means Naruto doesn't have SM either as he learned it before going up against Nagato.

    Maybe I was missing something throughout the whole episode. It was definitely a filler.

    EDIT: Review the episode, Nagato does get revived. They probably don't move on the account that he is not a sage yet, which gives him a needed chakra boost. Still I find this whole episode odd, the side story is weird and almost pointless. But I enjoyed all of it though, pretty unique.
     
         
    Last edited by B00m; 11-25-2012 at 03:53 PM.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Status
    'Nāpalm is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gettin that Money
    Posts
    1,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    well he is probably dead now that his head was crushed to a million pieces O_o
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Status
    saw2097 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At my place.
    Posts
    7,828
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    The Hidan from the episode wasn't a Edo Tensei, it was just a clone.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member juana maaki's Avatar
    Status
    juana maaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    konohagakure
    Posts
    33,666
    Post Thanks / Like
    "on your mark get
    set...don't blink"-Juanna
    Makki
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    yes he is because he didn't come back when edo form...plus being behead and talk mad trash while its on the ground is imortal in alot of book
     
         

  25. #25
    Member superfuzzyllama's Avatar
    Status
    superfuzzyllama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Hidan Not Immortal?

    Quote Originally Posted by B00m View Post
    Exactly, he wasn't a sage in the latest episode. He looked rather young. Although it's a filler a lot of this were weird about this episode. He summoned all the Akatski Edos, besides Nagato I believe, but wasn't in SM, so this had to be before he threatened Tobi for an alliance? Assuming he wouldn't go up against Tobi without full control of his edo summons. And this means Naruto doesn't have SM either as he learned it before going up against Nagato.

    Maybe I was missing something throughout the whole episode. It was definitely a filler.

    EDIT: Review the episode, Nagato does get revived. They probably don't move on the account that he is not a sage yet, which gives him a needed chakra boost. Still I find this whole episode odd, the side story is weird and almost pointless. But I enjoyed all of it though, pretty unique.
    Glad I wasn't the only one but I am sure everything will be explained in the next episode or the one after, it generally always is.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •