Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

~The Staff Of the Sage~

The Staff of the Sage

The Sage was a priest...therofore, some chinese ledgends, tales and facts are involved in this thread. Dont be turned off.

Ever wondered what is the Black Stick used for Rikudo jutsu?

I think it is the Ruyi Jingu Bang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruyi_Jingu_Bang)

Ruyi Jingu Bang is described of being made of "black iron" with two gold bands round it near the ends. It is the magical weapon in "Journey to the West".

It has appeared in the manga as Enma's Transformation, the Adamantine Staff, but that was only a transformation/imitation and not the real thing.

The Staff has the power to change its size, multiply itself, and fight according to the will of its master.
    --------------------------

The only power connected to the sage that has the ability to do this is Peins Chakra rods. So Chakra Rods are essentially the Ruyi Jingu Bang. It is a ceremonial sceptre in Chinese Buddhism.

Now the sages staff...

The sages staff has six rings representing the Six Perfections, a six ring khakkhara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khakkhara)

Six Perfections:
    1) Dāna pāramitā: generosity, giving of oneself
    2) Śīla pāramitā : virtue, morality, discipline, proper conduct
    3) Kṣānti (kshanti) pāramitā : patience, tolerance, forbearance, acceptance, endurance
    4) Vīrya pāramitā : energy, diligence, vigor, effort
    5) Dhyāna pāramitā : one-pointed concentration, contemplation
    6) Prajñā pāramitā : wisdom, insight

Novice monks carry a four ring staff which represent the Four Noble Truths (they represent overcoming your negative emotions - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths).

I believe that the sage having six rings on his staff when he fought the Juubi means that he had already overcome his emotions & started to spread his teachings. I've also said before that you unlock the Rinnegan by overcoming your emotions (opposite of the Sharingan).

Now you may have skipped most of the wiki links, but look at the one concerning the Four Noble truths..and examine them. Focus on the fourth:

Fourth truth: path to the cessation of dukkha
    While the first three truths are primarily concerned with understanding the nature of dukkha (suffering, anxiety, stress) and its causes, the fourth truth presents a practical method for overcoming dukkha.

Sasuke and the Rinnegan

If my theory is correct, The fourth truth would represent the path Sasuke is on to find out the 'truth'
    I have been Observing the events involving sasuke..and in the Manga Kishimoto has already began giving sasuke Foundation's for the Rinnengan"

1)EMS
    2)An acquaintance Orochimaru (who possesses Senju DNA that he stole from Hashi's grave)
    3) Juugo's DNA (if it means anything)
    4) Knowledge of something beyond EMS
    5) Very Soon, Naruto will also recieve some other Non-doujutsu powerup (related to the Younger son) to defeat his current opponents.

6) Sasuke will have to recieve another doujutsu power up (relating to the elder son) to match naruto's.

I placed #5 and #6 because kishmoto intends to make them equal.

Last edited by Waltz; 11-26-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I am back O_O

Re: ~The Staff Of the Sage~

well that was sure interesting O.O Nice effort and research

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

Isn't most of this from Chinese mythology? Kishi pulls from Japanese only as far as i have seen considering that he is japanese...

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by LssJBroly View Post
    well that was sure interesting O.O Nice effort and research
    Thanks i did put alot into it...(especially to avoid plot holes)

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    Isn't most of this from Chinese mythology? Kishi pulls from Japanese only as far as i have seen considering that he is japanese...
    not necessarily.

The Tengu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu) is Susano'o Origin. <-- check the link, look under the heading 'Origins':

The term tengu and the characters used to write it are borrowed from the name of a fierce demon from Chinese folklore called tiāngoǔ. Chinese literature assigns this creature a variety of descriptions, but most often it is a fierce and canine monster that resembles a shooting star or comet.

Last edited by Waltz; 11-26-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's was a lot of good info.. my brain hurts.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good info, but this is very similar to an existing thread by ANewLight:
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=264428