11: Arian with Sesshōmaru

12: Zorø with Eye River

Voting Rules:

• No Voting for yourself
    • No Asking for people to vote for your work
    • No getting on alternative accounts to vote for yourself
    • No saying mine is better than their
    • Any breaking of any of the rules can result in disqualification
    • Advertising the contest-poll with VM/PM's or in any other way is forbidden

Good luck everyone and don't forget to vote for the the best artwork and not for your friends ^x^

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I never know where I'm
    gonna go.

Re: Art Contest of the Month [September 2014] - Voting

I vote for #1!

Last edited by Satellizer El Bridget; 10-12-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Status
    Jul 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

11 has this by far for me.. Good luck!

Konoha no Kiroi Senko YellowFang's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kakashi's #1 Fan

11 was pretty cool...

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Santawashere!!#HenrikisEvil!!
    #Nefer4Mod!!#Drizzy4GMod!!
    #ReturnofKlad

I like the first one most honestly!!!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.

Number two gave me a chuckle.

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    in the shadows..

Good luck guys!

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smoking that Kush.

Number 1 is my fav good luck to the rest of you guys . voted!!

Guardian of Leaf ANBU dark legion's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This status represent a Legion

nr.12 was very impressive !

good luck guys , let the best wins !

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wipe that smirk off your face.

My vote goes for Orihime
    GL to the others !!!

Status
    Aug 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't walk behind me; I may
    not lead. Don't walk in front
    of me; I may not follow. Just
    walk beside me and be my
    friend.

Number 10 was best.
    1 and 11 followed really close behind.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This was the hardest decision, but 5 took this for me.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    etaf ruoy epacse tonnac uoy!!!

thanks everyone who voted for me :D

my vote goes to no. 7. though there is a lack of cleanliness and detail, it does seem like an original artwork(without an original model) which is imo the most impressive kind of artwork there is. (cause imo its pretty easy to copy a drawing which already exists(though thats an art in itself)but too many do that constantly(myself included) and i think its also far easier than to create something new.) most fellow artists would propably agree with me

The Snape of Naruto Snape Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    The kingdom Itachi rules after he pretended to die
    Post Thanks / Like
    50 points from Huffelpuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ōkami View Post
    Number two gave me a chuckle.
    Is that a compliment or an insult?

Get up, Survive, Go bed. Lonely Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lucid dream everynight,
    almost like its another
    world.. my very own world.

1 4 10 11.. they are all really good but these four have me stuck on choice..

¯\_(シ)_/¯
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You make that cute
    sound, kind of like you're
    dying." - Life

I can't decide between Snape Uchiha and SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI. It takes much more concentration to draw self portraits of real life people than an anime character. Shading, erasing, angling and detail are most vital when drawing real people. With anime characters, the lines are clear and it's quite easy to take a sharpie pen after you are done sketching and outline it with that sharpie pen to make it look perfect.

Anyway, when it comes to amount of time and work put into it; I give it to Snape Uchiha easily, but in this contest we are looking for the best, correct? When it comes to the best; I have to give it to SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI. The way the girl was drawn stuck to my eye and immediately caught my attention. The face is well drawn; I see no flaws or errors in that image. The detail and shading put into it is very unique and it captures her overall production perfectly. The eyes, the noes, the lips and the hair are all great. The hair has always been a problem for me when it comes to portraits, but you did it quite well; I must say. Well done.

SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI is my answer for first place, but Snape Uchiha is a very very very close second to me. Zorø with his Eye River definitely came in third.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhrer of Uchiha View Post
    I can't decide between Snape Uchiha and SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI. It takes much more concentration to draw self portraits of real life people than an anime character. Shading, erasing, angling and detail are most vital when drawing real people. With anime characters, the lines are clear and it's quite easy to take a sharpie pen after you are done sketching and outline it with that sharpie pen to make it look perfect.

Anyway, when it comes to amount of time and work put into it; I give it to Snape Uchiha easily, but in this contest we are looking for the best, correct? When it comes to the best; I have to give it to SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI. The way the girl was drawn stuck to my eye and immediately caught my attention. The face is well drawn; I see no flaws or errors in that image. The detail and shading put into it is very unique and it captures her overall production perfectly. The eyes, the noes, the lips and the hair are all great. The hair has always been a problem for me when it comes to portraits, but you did it quite well; I must say. Well done.

SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI is my answer for first place, but Snape Uchiha is a very very very close second to me. Zorø with his Eye River definitely came in third.
    i dont want to insult neither you nor those 2 artists you mentioned. but both their works is like worth 1hour of work at most....while i agree that it is far harder to draw something photorealistically than a manga pic, in this case the job was done poorly (if i may say so) its not clean, it lacks details and in some cases the proportions are all over the place(with sharingan_user_uchia_itachis being the better one...)....so whats worth more, a drawing which is a almost perfect copy of a manga, or a "portrait" which would be worth like a 4/10 at most?
    again this is not an insult, but just straight up facts, which fellow artists would agree. im saying this because i kinda get the feeling people are judging these artworks without much knowledge about the actual work behind some of these pictures.... thats the reason why i stopped posting portraits, because they wouldnt get more than like 2 votes despite being of a far higher level than the current ones(some took me up to like 8+hours to do)....people tended to vote for manga pics.(which i kinda thought was unfair but thats another story)...

¯\_(シ)_/¯
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You make that cute
    dying." - Life

Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    i dont want to insult neither you nor those 2 artists you mentioned. but both their works is like worth 1hour of work at most....while i agree that it is far harder to draw something photorealistically than a manga pic, in this case the job was done poorly (if i may say so) its not clean, it lacks details and in some cases the proportions are all over the place(with sharingan_user_uchia_itachis being the better one...)....so whats worth more, a drawing which is a almost perfect copy of a manga, or a "portrait" which would be worth like a 4/10 at most?
    again this is not an insult, but just straight up facts, which fellow artists would agree. im saying this because i kinda get the feeling people are judging these artworks without much knowledge about the actual work behind some of these pictures.... thats the reason why i stopped posting portraits, because they wouldnt get more than like 2 votes despite being of a far higher level than the current ones(some took me up to like 8+hours to do)....people tended to vote for manga pics.(which i kinda thought was unfair but thats another story)...
    , the girl face was not done poorly, and even if it only took one hour, I don't see the problem in it. To be honest, none of these drawings seem like they took more than 3 hours. Maybe some people draw faster than others. I don't measure time by the creative input into the drawing.

And since you want to talk about cleanliness and detail, didn't you vote for Shisui?

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

, the girl face was not done poorly, and even if it only took one hour, I don't see the problem in it. To be honest, none of these drawings seem like they took more than 3 hours. Maybe some people draw faster than others. I don't measure time by the creative input into the drawing.

And since you want to talk about cleanliness and detail, didn't you vote for Shisui?
    the amount of time a drawing takes says a lot about the artwork as well as the artist himself. it shows ones commitment for perfection. the longer a drawing takes, the better it gets normally(more details, better shades etc). that girlface pic was poorly done in this aspect. it does have far better proportions than that other pic, but it still is far from what i would consider a decent portrait.... a portrait is supposed to look (almost)exactely like what it depicts... this girl face isnt more than sketch in my eyes. it does have potential, but needs a few hours of work. sure many people dont draw the same speed, but thats not such a big factor, once it takes like around 3+hours.... (also note im talking about "copying a drawing/photograph, not creating a new one)
    i did indeed vote for that shisui pic, but as ive mentioned above, i made that cause thats an original drawing. he had no model to draw his work off from, and had to create the whole drawing himself. yes it does lack detail and needs more work, nonetheless it is the most impressiv amongs the current artworks....but your comment just proved my initial doubts about this whole contest. i am amazed about how little most of the voters here actually know about this kind of stuff....
    people need to understand the difference between some of these works. while some people aim to copy a drawing to perfection(including myself many times in the past) others aim to create new things. now i understand its kinda hard to judge on this: what is more impressive, a portrait which is done poorly, or a creative original manga artwork without model(which was done poorly too)? is it fair to vote for a portrait(which was done poorly) over a perfectly drawn manga pic, simply because its a portrait and "harder to do", despite the fact that it failed at exactely what a portrait is supposed to be(= depicting a real life face as realistic as possible)

well you tell me. according to you yea, cause its harder to draw, even though it wasnt done right. well imo thats unfair. again. im just talking about the artwork itself and dont want to insult anyone or anyones works. im talking about the artistic aspects of these works, and since this is a ART contest it should be alright to critizise the artworks on artistic aspects...

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love me bitterly, Loathe me
    sweetly.

the amount of time a drawing takes says a lot about the artwork as well as the artist himself. it shows ones commitment for perfection. the longer a drawing takes, the better it gets normally(more details, better shades etc). that girlface pic was poorly done in this aspect. it does have far better proportions than that other pic, but it still is far from what i would consider a decent portrait.... a portrait is supposed to look (almost)exactely like what it depicts... this girl face isnt more than sketch in my eyes. it does have potential, but needs a few hours of work. sure many people dont draw the same speed, but thats not such a big factor, once it takes like around 3+hours.... (also note im talking about "copying a drawing/photograph, not creating a new one)
    i did indeed vote for that shisui pic, but as ive mentioned above, i made that cause thats an original drawing. he had no model to draw his work off from, and had to create the whole drawing himself. yes it does lack detail and needs more work, nonetheless it is the most impressiv amongs the current artworks....but your comment just proved my initial doubts about this whole contest. i am amazed about how little most of the voters here actually know about this kind of stuff....
    people need to understand the difference between some of these works. while some people aim to copy a drawing to perfection(including myself many times in the past) others aim to create new things. now i understand its kinda hard to judge on this: what is more impressive, a portrait which is done poorly, or a creative original manga artwork without model(which was done poorly too)? is it fair to vote for a portrait(which was done poorly) over a perfectly drawn manga pic, simply because its a portrait and "harder to do", despite the fact that it failed at exactely what a portrait is supposed to be(= depicting a real life face as realistic as possible)

well you tell me. according to you yea, cause its harder to draw, even though it wasnt done right. well imo thats unfair. again. im just talking about the artwork itself and dont want to insult anyone or anyones works. im talking about the artistic aspects of these works, and since this is a ART contest it should be alright to critizise the artworks on artistic aspects...
    Well you two are talking about how it is more difficult to draw realistic than manga but it actually depends on the artists preference. Drawing takes practice and if you practice manga drawings then that is easier and if you practice realistic then that is easier. But if you are somebody who normally does manga pics, realistic will be difficult, if you normally do realistic drawings, manga will be more difficult, it depends on how you see it.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Orihime-Chan View Post
    Well you two are talking about how it is more difficult to draw realistic than manga but it actually depends on the artists preference. Drawing takes practice and if you practice manga drawings then that is easier and if you practice realistic then that is easier. But if you are somebody who normally does manga pics, realistic will be difficult, if you normally do realistic drawings, manga will be more difficult, it depends on how you see it.
    I agree on most of what youve said. But it still requires far more work for a decent portrait than for a decent manga pic with a model....there is far more details and shading to a portrait than to a manga...but that wasnt the point in my statement anyways

¯\_(シ)_/¯
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You make that cute
    dying." - Life

the amount of time a drawing takes says a lot about the artwork as well as the artist himself. it shows ones commitment for perfection. the longer a drawing takes, the better it gets normally(more details, better shades etc).
    I know this.

that girlface pic was poorly done in this aspect. it does have far better proportions than that other pic, but it still is far from what i would consider a decent portrait....
    All opinion on your part, and not to be rude, it's a pretty fcked up opinion. I have seen far worse portraits of people with even less detail and shading. Your low rating on his drawing is amusing, considering that it's not even ugly or at all crappy.

a portrait is supposed to look (almost)exactely like what it depicts... this girl face isnt more than sketch in my eyes. it does have potential, but needs a few hours of work.
    Yes, I know what a portrait is and what a portrait is supposed to be, but to be fair, do you even know where he got that picture from? Until you see the actual photo, how can you judge a portrait on how ugly or perfect it is?

sure many people dont draw the same speed, but thats not such a big factor, once it takes like around 3+hours.... (also note im talking about "copying a drawing/photograph, not creating a new one)
    It's much less time consuming to copy an anime picture versus a portrait.
    Also, there's much more detail added into real people than cartoon characters.

This is one of the reasons why I voted for the girl drawing. It probably took him a longer time span for him to draw that girl face than for you to draw Sesshōmaru, or am I wrong? I'm more than certain it took you no longer than 2 1/2 to 3 hours to draw that picture or am I wrong?

i did indeed vote for that shisui pic, but as ive mentioned above, i made that cause thats an original drawing. he had no model to draw his work off from, and had to create the whole drawing himself. yes it does lack detail and needs more work, nonetheless it is the most impressiv amongs the current artworks....
    And how exactly do you know it is original? It's a picture of Shisui ffs.
    He more than likely got that picture from Tumblr or Zerochan.

but your comment just proved my initial doubts about this whole contest. i am amazed about how little most of the voters here actually know about this kind of stuff....
    Know what? The fact that you are judging people on not voting for the "best" when in fact you decide to vote for something that is not even the "best" I'm clearly not understanding your logic.

people need to understand the difference between some of these works. while some people aim to copy a drawing to perfection(including myself many times in the past) others aim to create new things.
    And that picture of Shisui is supposed to be original?

now i understand its kinda hard to judge on this: what is more impressive, a portrait which is done poorly, or a creative original manga artwork without model(which was done poorly too)?
    Your first mistake was claiming that the girl face was done poorly, but it's all opinion and it's not even mine so I really don't care.
    I'm just amazed at your confusing logic. You call something "poor" but you vote for something even worse then what I voted for all because you think it is an 'original'

is it fair to vote for a portrait(which was done poorly) over a perfectly drawn manga pic, simply because its a portrait and "harder to do", despite the fact that it failed at exactely what a portrait is supposed to be(= depicting a real life face as realistic as possible)
    , so pretty much you wanted me to vote for yours? Well, sorry dude, but I have drawn anime pics just like that and in my opinion portraits and landscapes are more interesting to me. A simple anime picture with minimal detail takes no more than 3-4 hours to do. It's nothing special to me.

1. The girls face isn't poor
    2. If you want to vote for Shisui then you have no room to judge on voting for "poor" artwork
    3. This discussion is very stupid and I don't even care for it. I like what I see and if I think it looks good then I will like it.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this.

All opinion on your part, and not to be rude, it's a pretty fcked up opinion. I have seen far worse portraits of people with even less detail and shading. Your low rating on his drawing is amusing, considering that it's not even ugly or at all crappy.

Yes, I know what a portrait is and what a portrait is supposed to be, but to be fair, do you even know where he got that picture from? Until you see the actual photo, how can you judge a portrait on how ugly or perfect it is?

It's much less time consuming to copy an anime picture versus a portrait.
    Also, there's much more detail added into real people than cartoon characters.

This is one of the reasons why I voted for the girl drawing. It probably took him a longer time span for him to draw that girl face than for you to draw Sesshōmaru, or am I wrong? I'm more than certain it took you no longer than 2 1/2 to 3 hours to draw that picture or am I wrong?

And how exactly do you know it is original? It's a picture of Shisui ffs.
    He more than likely got that picture from Tumblr or Zerochan.

Know what? The fact that you are judging people on not voting for the "best" when in fact you decide to vote for something that is not even the "best" I'm clearly not understanding your logic.

And that picture of Shisui is supposed to be original?

Your first mistake was claiming that the girl face was done poorly, but it's all opinion and it's not even mine so I really don't care.
    I'm just amazed at your confusing logic. You call something "poor" but you vote for something even worse then what I voted for all because you think it is an 'original'

, so pretty much you wanted me to vote for yours? Well, sorry dude, but I have drawn anime pics just like that and in my opinion portraits and landscapes are more interesting to me. A simple anime picture with minimal detail takes no more than 3-4 hours to do. It's nothing special to me.

1. The girls face isn't poor
    2. If you want to vote for Shisui then you have no room to judge on voting for "poor" artwork
    3. This discussion is very stupid and I don't even care for it. I like what I see and if I think it looks good then I will like it.
    K whatever man im done arguin with you since you pretty much refuse to even understand what i meant. I explained it 3times and you still dont get it. Thats a poor portrait. Wheter you like it or not thats a fact. It isnt more but a sketch. Now if you consider a sketch superior to a finished drawing simply because its a portrait then so be it. Im not here to educate you about art. Also i never said my drawing should get the votes...there are others manga copies as well i was talking about that whole situation. But i guess thats selective reading. Thanks again

¯\_(シ)_/¯
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You make that cute
    dying." - Life

K whatever man im done arguin with you since you pretty much refuse to even understand what i meant. I explained it 3times and you still dont get it. Thats a poor portrait. Wheter you like it or not thats a fact. It isnt more but a sketch. Now if you consider a sketch superior to a finished drawing simply because its a portrait then so be it. Im not here to educate you about art. Also i never said my drawing should get the votes...there are others manga copies as well i was talking about that whole situation. But i guess thats selective reading. Thanks again
    You started it and now you can't even finish it? How sad.

It's a poor portrait when you haven't even seen the actual picture, pretty much sums up what I'm dealing with and that I'm wasting my time on your lack of common sense. You have no authority or logic in the aspect of art so calling a piece of work poor only because you think can do better is idiotic.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

You started it and now you can't even finish it? How sad.

It's a poor portrait when you haven't even seen the actual picture, pretty much sums up what I'm dealing with and that I'm wasting my time on your lack of common sense. You have no authority or logic in the aspect of art so calling a piece of work poor only because you think can do better is idiotic.

so i need authority to explain that those 2 portraits you mentioned arent done well? it is pretty clear that the artists aim was to depict the persons as close as possible, and not some surreal stuff(which it does look like now). to depict a person means you have to aim for perfection. you have to try and draw it as realistically as possible. this takes a lot of time. how exactely are those 2 portraits, which basically arent more than a sketch anything near that?

i agree with what you said in your 1st post. it is harder to draw a real life person realistically than a manga. but that doesnt automatically make all portrait(-attempts) better than a manga drawing. especially not when the manga is done almost perfect, while the portrait is not. i have seen worse yes, but i also have seen far better ones. as i already said the girl one has some potential, but it still is far from what i would consider a decent portrait.....

and im gonna say it again, a manga drawing can be as hard(if not harder under certain circumstances) when there is no model to it. when you have nothing to use as a reference and draw it all out of your head. thats also why i chose the shisui pic. it does seem like an original artwork, rather than just a copy, which pretty much everyone does nowadays(myself included most of the times) knowing and stating, that it still lacked lot of details and work.

i participated a few times, go a head and check yourself. i dont know if i understood your last sentence correctly, but if thats what you mean; yes i can do far better than that. i comitted some of my portraits in the past few months. i never got more than like 2 votes though. my past experience here on the art contest made me realize one thing.

it obviously doesnt matter how good your drawing is, nor does it matter how much work there is behind your work. many times people just vote for their friends and/or for some fav chars they see. ive mentioned this in the discussion thread and many people agreed with me too.
    i criticized your decicion and statement because i though your arguments dont make any sense if you look at this artistically.... you basically voted for one of those two because, i quote:

"It takes much more concentration to draw self portraits of real life people than an anime character. Shading, erasing, angling and detail are most vital when drawing real people. With anime characters, the lines are clear and it's quite easy to take a sharpie pen after you are done sketching and outline it with that sharpie pen to make it look perfect. "

@bold: the very aspect that is most vital is lacking in these 2 portraits you mentioned. so how are they this good, if they fail at what a portrait is supposed to be?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»