Page 2 of 50 « First 12345612 ... Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 1247
  1. #26
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xXThE bAnK oF iNsAnItYXx View Post
    I seee! It is cool!
    So do you think those 4 will change soon! August is over...
    The poll always lasts a week, I think it's closes on the third. If the situation would be unchanged, I'm going to use my "golden vote" for second place and for third or I'm going to ask the other mods or I'm going to leave it up to faith, because the drawings are from similar lvl.
     
         

  2. #27
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    m! sounds really hard to be an organizer of a contest! Up till now I'm third cuz I think I have 3 votes...
    Good luck!
     
         

  3. #28
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xXThE bAnK oF iNsAnItYXx View Post
    m! sounds really hard to be an organizer of a contest! Up till now I'm third cuz I think I have 3 votes...
    Good luck!
    It depends, I love fanart so it's not really a bother. And I only organize this one. Last time there were 2 people who were second, but the organizer didn't know that the first 3 get a medal, so he didn't do anything about it.
    There will only be 3 people on the podium.
     
         

  4. #29
    what a feelin' Naruto's Avatar
    Status
    Naruto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    your heartbeat
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    What annoys me greatly is favoritism. I think all entries should be anonymous so that no one will vote for a person just because they like him/her instead of actually rating the artwork.

    Also, no names or anything should be written on the artwork if this is the case. No signatures either. The entry should be a HIGH QUALITY picture, not taken by a mobile phone camera. This destroys your chances of people appreciating your artwork and does not really make your drawing look any better. So, either scan it or take a pic with a real digital camera.

    That's what I believe.
     
         

  5. #30
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    I kinda agree with Naruto!
     
         

  6. #31
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    What annoys me greatly is favoritism. I think all entries should be anonymous so that no one will vote for a person just because they like him/her instead of actually rating the artwork.

    Also, no names or anything should be written on the artwork if this is the case. No signatures either. The entry should be a HIGH QUALITY picture, not taken by a mobile phone camera. This destroys your chances of people appreciating your artwork and does not really make your drawing look any better. So, either scan it or take a pic with a real digital camera.

    That's what I believe.
    And you think we've never considerd that , be real, now you're insulting me.

    1: I know there's favoritism, that's why I only let the best pictures in on the poll. I can never ban it completely, but I reduced it to a minimum or are you telling me that there are drawings that shouldn't be in the poll?

    2: Making it anonymous is useless. You can easily spot wich drawing is from who with most people, due to their style + if they wouldn't by handsigned, entering false drawings would be a lot easier. Also most people would be forced to draw something new every time, banning their other artwork because most of it is in profile albums or in threads. Though a lot of people always make a new one, but now they have at least a choice in the case you wouldn't have the time to make a new one.

    3: Did you ever consider that some people don't have scanners, that the only way they can enter is by mobile phones or camera's? And even if they would have a scanner, it's up to them how they want to enter it.
     
         

  7. #32
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Now I agree with Caliburn!
    I can understand your reasons and explanation in 2 and 3
    but I still don't get 1 how can there be drawings in the poll that shouldn't be there :confused: isn't that what you chose???
     
         

  8. #33
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xXThE bAnK oF iNsAnItYXx View Post
    Now I agree with Caliburn!
    I can understand your reasons and explanation in 2 and 3
    but I still don't get 1 how can there be drawings in the poll that shouldn't be there :confused: isn't that what you chose???
    That was a question towards him, if he finds that there are drawings in there that in his eyes shouldn't be there. Because even though there will always be favoritism, by only selecting the best drawings it doesn't really matter that much, because they all have the quality to win.
     
         

  9. #34
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Yeah I was asking him too

    *nod nod* Uhm! Yeah thats right.. still you cant deny it's kinda unfair right?
     
         

  10. #35
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xXThE bAnK oF iNsAnItYXx View Post
    Yeah I was asking him too

    *nod nod* Uhm! Yeah thats right.. still you cant deny it's kinda unfair right?
    Yes, but not that much. There's in all the contests something like unfair, the only thing we can do is reducing it to a minimum. Doing things like anonymous wouldn't change much, especially compared to the amount of extra energy there will be put in.
     
         

  11. #36
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Yeah I get your point! well then good luck with your "golden vote"! Hope you won't be obliged to use it...and I cant wait for the next one!

    Tell you what! Why don't you suggest a theme for the participants to draw according to it..
     
         

  12. #37
    what a feelin' Naruto's Avatar
    Status
    Naruto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    your heartbeat
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    And you think we've never considerd that , be real, now you're insulting me.

    1: I know there's favoritism, that's why I only let the best pictures in on the poll. I can never ban it completely, but I reduced it to a minimum or are you telling me that there are drawings that shouldn't be in the poll?

    2: Making it anonymous is useless. You can easily spot wich drawing is from who with most people, due to their style + if they wouldn't by handsigned, entering false drawings would be a lot easier. Also most people would be forced to draw something new every time, banning their other artwork because most of it is in profile albums or in threads. Though a lot of people always make a new one, but now they have at least a choice in the case you wouldn't have the time to make a new one.

    3: Did you ever consider that some people don't have scanners, that the only way they can enter is by mobile phones or camera's? And even if they would have a scanner, it's up to them how they want to enter it.
    I am real, I'm not insulting you. It's pretty much all favoritism atm and I don't think giving out prizes to members just because people kiss their ass is encouraging people to enter a contest.

    Then make them anonymous and let the members PM you the drawings, with their signature on it. That would be a great alternative.

    It is not, as said above, make them PM their artwork and edit out/crop out the signature. Even Paint can do this easy task. Your drawing should also be a recent one. Done.

    Yup, but what's the use in submitting if your artwork is just amazing but your camera screw it up? Every library has a scanner and most of the time you can get it scanned for free. That, or visit a friend. Or in rare cases when the mobile phone's quality is good, accept them. It's not that hard to have a mobile phone that takes pics with great quality nowadays.

    ______________

    The only time I entered a contest, I was shocked to find out that the only person who actually drew something himself and not traced or used reference, did not get the prize, even though it was also the only submission that was colored and was, to be precise, a master piece. However, someone else with a drawing of inferior quality got the prize. I don't get it, because compared to his drawing, (gonna be blunt now) hers was shit, as was mine and all the rest of those people's. Uncolored, no details, too much reference was used and you could see that it was nothing but a copy (I recognized the style of one of my fav. artists in it...)

    Creating original content should be encouraged, but it's rather impossible this way.
     
         

  13. #38
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xXThE bAnK oF iNsAnItYXx View Post
    Yeah I get your point! well then good luck with your "golden vote"! Hope you won't be obliged to use it...and I cant wait for the next one!

    Tell you what! Why don't you suggest a theme for the participants to draw according to it..
    I already thought about that, but the problem is wich one? Things like Naruto or Bleach are to global, especially because most people already draw those things automatically. If I would say for example "draw Naruto", it could be to tight and as a result there could be barely submissions because it's possible people don't want to draw it.

    For know I will stick to the normal situation, but I will keep it in mind. If there after some editions enough people who always enter, I will give it a shot.
     
         

  14. #39
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    I already thought about that, but the problem is wich one? Things like Naruto or Bleach are to global, especially because most people already draw those things automatically. If I would say for example "draw Naruto", it could be to tight and as a result there could be barely submissions because it's possible people don't want to draw it.

    For know I will stick to the normal situation, but I will keep it in mind. If there after some editions enough people who always enter, I will give it a shot.

    No I don't think I explained it very well what I meant is like suggest a theme
    eg: "Something from the past meets something from the future"

    Then again yeah really few will be posted but you can make it a little more interesting..be creative....idk but yeah keep it in mind!
     
         

  15. #40
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    I am real, I'm not insulting you. It's pretty much all favoritism atm and I don't think giving out prizes to members just because people kiss their ass is encouraging people to enter a contest.

    Then make them anonymous and let the members PM you the drawings, with their signature on it. That would be a great alternative.

    It is not, as said above, make them PM their artwork and edit out/crop out the signature. Even Paint can do this easy task. Your drawing should also be a recent one. Done.

    Yup, but what's the use in submitting if your artwork is just amazing but your camera screw it up? Every library has a scanner and most of the time you can get it scanned for free. That, or visit a friend. Or in rare cases when the mobile phone's quality is good, accept them. It's not that hard to have a mobile phone that takes pics with great quality nowadays.

    ______________

    The only time I entered a contest, I was shocked to find out that the only person who actually drew something himself and not traced or used reference, did not get the prize, even though it was also the only submission that was colored and was, to be precise, a master piece. However, someone else with a drawing of inferior quality got the prize. I don't get it, because compared to his drawing, (gonna be blunt now) hers was shit, as was mine and all the rest of those people's. Uncolored, no details, too much reference was used and you could see that it was nothing but a copy (I recognized the style of one of my fav. artists in it...)

    Creating original content should be encouraged, but it's rather impossible this way.
    It seems to me that you just had a bad experience with a contest. This contests have no value at all other then a personal one. If you win you get a medal under your name, that's it. I choose all the drawings on their qualities, I will not allow crappy drawings in the poll(I'm talking about the last one, because it's the first time I organize it).

    As I said you can easily spot with a lot of people what their drawing is, even if their name isn't on it and why should it be a recent drawing? If you think one of your older drawings is better, you have the right to submit it.

    It's up to person itself if they want to scan it or not, it's their problem.

    And it's all favoritism:confused:, there will always be something like that, but it is only a minor aspect and certainly not all. All the drawings in the poll have enough quality to win it. Enrix deserves to be first and the other places are also deserved. Yes there are some people who voted for their friends, however their artwork was good enough for the poll.

    I thought about this all a long time ago and I threw it away because It barely will make a difference. Both the members as me should put a lot more energy in it, while it will not make a difference. When you invest in something, you expect to get more for it in return and not that it remains the same or that you even make a loss.
     
         

  16. #41
    im just a happy guy! morsoe's Avatar
    Status
    morsoe is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    fyah country!
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    am i too late to submit anything?
     
         

  17. #42
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by morsoe View Post
    am i too late to submit anything?
    OMG I ROTFLing when I read this! Man the poll is already up and I think yesterday was the last day to vote! HAHAHAHA!
     
         

  18. #43
    Senior Member -Anna-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Anna- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Taiwan 台灣
    Posts
    6,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    ewwwwww
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    will you accept my oil paint in the compitition next month?
     
         

  19. #44
    im just a happy guy! morsoe's Avatar
    Status
    morsoe is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    fyah country!
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    will you accept my oil paint in the compitition next month?
    yeah and i specialise in realism in life drawing! would we set the bar too high!?
     
         

  20. #45
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by morsoe View Post
    am i too late to submit anything?
    I just died of laughter when I read this, the submissions ended on the 24th of August and the poll lasted for a week. Yesterday was the last day, but don't worry, this contest is every month^^
    I posted the new thread today, so you can start submittint your art till the 24th of September.

    Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    will you accept my oil paint in the compitition next month?
    Hmmmmmm, difficult. I've seen the painting and it's a great one, but I'm wondering if we're not losing track of the original purpose of this contest. I will allow it, because it is colored with your own skill. However don't start to make abstract things, I hate those ~_~

    Quote Originally Posted by morsoe View Post
    yeah and i specialise in realism in life drawing! would we set the bar too high!?
    I specialize in...drawing characters...

    But I'm happy that we will have some new contestants, because be honest, isn't the podium empty without me ~_~...Jk
     
         

  21. #46
    Fanart artist & Gamefreak Ryu-kun's Avatar
    Status
    Ryu-kun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Underworld...or just upside down .-.
    Posts
    1,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    I just died of laughter when I read this, the submissions ended on the 24th of August and the poll lasted for a week. Yesterday was the last day, but don't worry, this contest is every month^^
    I posted the new thread today, so you can start submittint your art till the 24th of September.



    Hmmmmmm, difficult. I've seen the painting and it's a great one, but I'm wondering if we're not losing track of the original purpose of this contest. I will allow it, because it is colored with your own skill. However don't start to make abstract things, I hate those ~_~



    I specialize in...drawing characters...

    But I'm happy that we will have some new contestants, because be honest, isn't the podium empty without me ~_~...Jk
    i think its fine to use whatever coloring,as long as its not digital,no?Something like photoshop,gimp,corel painter,or whatever graphic program out there.
     
         

  22. #47
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuhazan View Post
    i think its fine to use whatever coloring,as long as its not digital,no?Something like photoshop,gimp,corel painter,or whatever graphic program out there.
    I know, that's why I'm allowing it.
     
         

  23. #48
    Member Ms.Insanity's Avatar
    Status
    Ms.Insanity is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    @Ryu: don't forget that you always can submit another one^^
    Why can he get two submissions???
     
         

  24. #49
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xXThE bAnK oF iNsAnItYXx View Post
    Why can he get two submissions???
    Have you even read the rules -_-'

    It says that you can only submit one drawing, however you can change that submission as often as you like untill the thread closes.
    So it's obvious I meant by that that he can change his submission.
     
         

  25. #50
    Fanart artist & Gamefreak Ryu-kun's Avatar
    Status
    Ryu-kun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Underworld...or just upside down .-.
    Posts
    1,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Art of the Month Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xXThE bAnK oF iNsAnItYXx View Post
    Why can he get two submissions???
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Have you even read the rules -_-'

    It says that you can only submit one drawing, however you can change that submission as often as you like untill the thread closes.
    So it's obvious I meant by that that he can change his submission.
    lol
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •