"You know, all that
    really matters is that the
    people you love are happy and
    healthy. Everything else is
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Re: Art of the Month Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post
    You can never tell when you're going to win a contest, and some people who I think need a medal don't have them. For example, Zack Blade should have 2 in my opinion.
    Good point Meth, and in my opinion, the faster way to get better is compete with the best.
    Thats why i keep trying till i win :ghehe:

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are my Senpai. I am your
    Kouhai.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vision View Post
    Good point Meth, and in my opinion, the faster way to get better is compete with the best.
    I wanna get a medal

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Will take what is mine with
    fire and blood - Khaleesi!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vision View Post
    yea this. I only got better fighting these great people...hansom and lara and KV and kyon etc...thats why I'm what you see now.

Quote Originally Posted by NagatoManiac View Post
    I wanna get a medal
    Seriously just an advice. Don't participate thinking you want a medal so bad. Just think that you participated and you submitted a work that gives out good quality and competition to the others. Honestly, all the awards I won were just like that. I was always like "just submitting to try. Not gonna win ofcourse". But I did. So don't run after the awards, just believe in your work and practice all you can.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are my Senpai. I am your
    Kouhai.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Seriously just an advice. Don't participate thinking you want a medal so bad. Just think that you participated and you submitted a work that gives out good quality and competition to the others. Honestly, all the awards I won were just like that. I was always like "just submitting to try. Not gonna win ofcourse". But I did. So don't run after the awards, just believe in your work and practice all you can.
    you're right :D

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryRasengan View Post
    I entered in this month because it looked like i might actually have a chance; now hansom and lara and kyon have all entered WHHHYYYYY???!!!! I will have to pick up my game...
    Can Hansom, Lara, Nocturne, Kyon, and anyone else that has won more than once, take a break next month? :D and give the rest of us a fighting chance It would be greatly appreciated Thankyou.
    Hahahaha made my day xD I haven't won anything in ages, why am I on the fear list?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki Naruta View Post
    :rofl: I agree to this Or there should be two contests ...One for the people who won once and one for starters
    I also thought about it at some point (>_> when I was reading the Pokemon manga, mind you). Basically in that manga they had something called Pokemon Contests, held on 4 levels of difficulty, and winning one of the levels granted you a ribbon. Starting with no ribbons, you would go to the first level of minimum difficulty. Winning a ribbons there would grant you acces to the next level and so on. I thought that maybe something similar, but on 2 levels, would be nice for NB as well, but having something like that in the Art Contest, means it would be needed in all the contests.

Therefore, this is where the bubble pops: mods wouldn't have the time to reorganise all the contests or moderate 2 of them at the same time.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Hahahaha made my day xD I haven't won anything in ages, why am I on the fear list?

I also thought about it at some point (>_> when I was reading the Pokemon manga, mind you). Basically in that manga they had something called Pokemon Contests, held on 4 levels of difficulty, and winning one of the levels granted you a ribbon. Starting with no ribbons, you would go to the first level of minimum difficulty. Winning a ribbons there would grant you acces to the next level and so on. I thought that maybe something similar, but on 2 levels, would be nice for NB as well, but having something like that in the Art Contest, means it would be needed in all the contests.

Therefore, this is where the bubble pops: mods wouldn't have the time to reorganise all the contests or moderate 2 of them at the same time.
    It's in the Pokemon games too Sapphire&Ruby

On Topic - If there were 4 contests, split into these compartments, lets say: 'No Awards', '1 Award', '2 Awards', '3+ awards', then some compartments would only have about 3 members competing, if that o.O

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    give it a rest, all ready!!

so more mods or users with time and trustwothiness to take care of the begginer cont .....

Is not that difficult they do it in onepiecebay all the time and it works... in my opinion (and i have nothing againt him) cali has alot of stuff to do (actually would out him 40% of the base wouldent work) but it seems that he is NOT willing to "release" some of his work load to others... things would be fine... like this lara idea or other stuff dosent matter, the mods of the base are kinda protective of there role in this fourum
    and its understandable, thats why NB is so busy all the time, pure quality organization and moderating.....

sorry 4 the gramer im using a xbox ..... =)

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansom View Post
    so more mods or users with time and trustwothiness to take care of the begginer cont .....

Is not that difficult they do it in onepiecebay all the time and it works... in my opinion (and i have nothing againt him) cali has alot of stuff to do (actually would out him 40% of the base wouldent work) but it seems that he is NOT willing to "release" some of his work load to others... things would be fine... like this lara idea or other stuff dosent matter, the mods of the base are kinda protective of there role in this fourum
    and its understandable, thats why NB is so busy all the time, pure quality organization and moderating.....

sorry 4 the gramer im using a xbox ..... =)

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

20 Days It's been and still I haven't got my medal...What's up?

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

20 Days It's been and still I haven't got my medal...What's up?
    Irk -___- I ŵaited that long for my other one too, and I need my next one for coming second >_< however I respect Caliburn as he is a global mod and does have a lot to take care of ~_~

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Irk -___- I ŵaited that long for my other one too, and I need my next one for coming second >_< however I respect Caliburn as he is a global mod and does have a lot to take care of ~_~
    About Time...lol.
    Thanks Cali.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

About Time...lol.
    Thanks Cali.
    Yay, got mine too

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh look at you guys complaining about where your medal is. Most of us dont have medals we really really really want them!!

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's in the Pokemon games too Sapphire&Ruby

On Topic - If there were 4 contests, split into these compartments, lets say: 'No Awards', '1 Award', '2 Awards', '3+ awards', then some compartments would only have about 3 members competing, if that o.O
    Ifkr

Well, if there were 4 contests, I think it's a bit exaggerated to divide the levels like that. I mean it's not such a big difference between having one medal and having 2. If there were actually 4 levels, I'd say a division like
    -level 1 - 0-4 medals
    -level 2 - 5-9 medals
    -level 3 - 9-14 medals
    -level 4 - 15+ medals

And with eventual nice names like Normal Contest, Advanced Contest, Expert Contest and Excellency Contest.

But yeah, such division would need more people to look after them, just as Hansom said, and he has a valid point when saying that it's not an everyday thing to take more people in the staff, especially just for something like this. So until further notice guys, this idea is all that it will be: an idea.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh look at you guys complaining about where your medal is. Most of us dont have medals we really really really want them!!
    chill out you will get one...I got my first medal after 3 months I joined in so it required time.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Ifkr

Well, if there were 4 contests, I think it's a bit exaggerated to divide the levels like that. I mean it's not such a big difference between having one medal and having 2. If there were actually 4 levels, I'd say a division like
    -level 1 - 0-4 medals
    -level 2 - 5-9 medals
    -level 3 - 9-14 medals
    -level 4 - 15+ medals

And with eventual nice names like Normal Contest, Advanced Contest, Expert Contest and Excellency Contest.

But yeah, such division would need more people to look after them, just as Hansom said, and he has a valid point when saying that it's not an everyday thing to take more people in the staff, especially just for something like this. So until further notice guys, this idea is all that it will be: an idea.
    interesting idea lara ^^

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Ifkr

-level 1 - 0-4 medals
    -level 2 - 5-9 medals
    -level 3 - 9-14 medals
    -level 4 - 15+ medals

Nice idea. That way I won't have to passively accept not being able to win anything with you damn mangaka experts ><'

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Semi Inactive Member-

Ifkr

-level 1 - 0-4 medals
    -level 2 - 5-9 medals
    -level 3 - 9-14 medals
    -level 4 - 15+ medals

I think Cali might be a LITTLE against this since he´ll have to take care of 3 more contests than usual

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki Naruta View Post
    I think Cali might be a LITTLE against this since he´ll have to take care of 3 more contests than usual
    Yep, that's what I said too xD

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no retirement for an
    artist, it's your way of
    living so there's no end to
    it.

First of all, I really think that the art of the month contest need to be active again cause as the time goes by, viewers and voters are getting low in numbers, which is the number one factors in winning the contest its not about how many medals you won for an artist to have some vote, its all about the QUALITY of the drawing of the artist on how good it is.
    If other members or participants really want some medals then prove yourself first don't act like your unable to compete LOL, I mean wheres the FIGHTING SPIRIT which is the most required if your in a contest??? And the other thing, ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS should be strictly monitored because they are the reasons of some inappropriate vote.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Art of the year award: First place
    An award for the best art piece of the year.

Art of the year award: Participated the most
    Took place in most art contest during the year.

These 2 awards have not come to pass since I've been on nb...O__O...Any info./notice regarding these awards?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Blade View Post
    First of all, I really think that the art of the month contest need to be active again cause as the time goes by, viewers and voters are getting low in numbers, which is the number one factors in winning the contest its not about how many medals you won for an artist to have some vote, its all about the QUALITY of the drawing of the artist on how good it is.
    If other members or participants really want some medals then prove yourself first don't act like your unable to compete LOL, I mean wheres the FIGHTING SPIRIT which is the most required if your in a contest??? And the other thing, ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS should be strictly monitored because they are the reasons of some inappropriate vote.
    Exactly this. If you really want to win the contest and gain a medal, you have to EARN it. Just viewing Zack's and Killer's art gives me motivation to get better.

Just keep entering contests and practising your drawing skills... before you know it, you'll have a ton of medals.

Last edited by Zyynn; 01-13-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyynn View Post
    Exactly this. If you really want to win the contest and gain a medal, you have to EARN it. Just viewing Zack's and Killer's art gives me motivation to get better.

Just keep entering contests and practising you drawing skills... before you know it, you'll have a ton of medals.
    Im really glad that Zack and I motivates ppl to get better, cause at the end of the day, its not all about winning and garnering medals, the real award really comes from what imprint we make in the realm of art.
    Keep on rocking guys. ^^

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Art of the year award: First place
    An award for the best art piece of the year.

Art of the year award: Participated the most
    Took place in most art contest during the year.

These 2 awards have not come to pass since I've been on nb...O__O...Any info./notice regarding these awards?
    I agree! Except I would get neither... You see that's a clever thing to do man because its getting people to participate and try to get the award. You would probably get that

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't stalk my profile, it
    stalks YOU! o.o

meh my hope to get any vote is destroyed again...