Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1269
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weeeeeeeeeeehhhh!!!^^

Re: Art of the Month Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Ahan.
    I was more concerned about how people voted. To those certain submission. And the winner, does not deserves it. I don't care how hard he tried, its not to the level to have that much votes!
    If It was Zack, I would've happily accepted it since it was a master piece. But that current winner, scribbling his pencil without using his eyes get 16 more votes than that is totally a nuisance...>.>

Use your own example man, that winning entry of yours last month is a killer. Your a perfectionist and seeing that piece and seeing the winner this month...please it gives me cancer..>.>

And talk about hard work? Paintry4 with SASUKE CHIKARA -Severus Snape- with Impossible Dreams Skehan17 with Haku worked atleast 10 times harder than
    Chrisisaartist and if its about giving votes to the ones who worked hard then all the votes goes to others mentioned above and he gets 0 since its got no level.

I don't mean to be rude, But I hate it when people don't get me...>.>
    I respect your opinion, bro, but it was a lot of work, to draw that picture... :/ and... i used my eyes....

Thank you -.-

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    give it a rest, all ready!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisisaartist View Post
    I respect your opinion, bro, but it was a lot of work, to draw that picture... :/ and... i used my eyes....

Thank you -.-
    don't worry bro.

some people get mad wen people don't vote for them as they would like...
    and start finding flaws on the winner pic and ***** about the voting system...

and i'm not referring to Nocturne he almost never does that..

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Need help :confused:

Is it against the rules if you post a thread or have your Drawing as your sig???

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Will take what is mine with
    fire and blood - Khaleesi!

Quote Originally Posted by EgsA View Post
    Need help :confused:

Is it against the rules if you post a thread or have your Drawing as your sig???
    depends on what thread you make.
    Resize it into the limitied sig size and then you can put it there.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    depends on what thread you make.
    Resize it into the limitied sig size and then you can put it there.
    what thread?
    i have a made a thread about it(the drawing)

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EgsA View Post
    what thread?
    i have a made a thread about it(the drawing)
    If your saying that posting a thread about your drawing is against the rule then no.
    But putting in that big in you sig is wronge.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weeeeeeeeeeehhhh!!!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hansom View Post
    don't worry bro.

some people get mad wen people don't vote for them as they would like...
    and start finding flaws on the winner pic and ***** about the voting system...

and i'm not referring to Nocturne he almost never does that..
    Yeah, thanks

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't know what has exactly gone wrong here.. never saw Nocturne being negative in an offensive way.. I'm not here to risen the flames of anything, but I just feel like pointing out some little aspect that seems to be pretty ignored..

The amount of hard work put in any art piece is not necessarily judged by how "wow" it is.
    I see that you simply defined "hard work" as how "wow" you found the result as.
    I'd say most of members who submit arts here aren't full-time artists, they do have pretty busy lives, and when you have a busy life ( either family-wise, academic-wise, job-wise, .. etc ) being able to sustain a hobby of yours is really hard! In addition, tools you use and how hard it is to mainpulate them counts folds more for how hard you worked to get a decent piece done.
    So, going on bashing others' works and saying there wasn't much effort put in them is simply wrong; like, do you live with the person(s) who have done those works and have seen how much effort they've put in making them? Most likely; no. Sometimes, the simplest of works have a long story behind them; appreciation is much demanded.

Someone's works are so precious to them, and they fully know how great/ not great each piece they made is; just like how people know how smart/stupid they can be.

Also, all members have equal rights of submitting their works in the contest, and according to what is submitted and how much people like the submitted artworks votes are distributed. I might like a drawing, another million people might not, and vice-versa.

For example, in the last contest, I voted for a certain art-work, and in the end it didn't get a large number of votes. And I don't think I was anywhere wrong in my choice, I just voted for the one I liked the most

And, btw, this is not directed at you, Nocturne, personally. It's just my point of view on the matter :'D You know, I respect you. And I was really shocked when I read your post

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh lord,
    Well Guys I apologize for my negative attitude, but seriously I was just stating pure facts going on. It was more like I wanted to wake people up to understand the real meaning of this contest and vote relative to the way it should be.
    I have no grudge against anyone I mean why would I. No problem with submission and what ever good bad submission they give...I JUST WANT THE FREAKING VOTING TO BE FAIR THAT'S IT. Is that too much to ask?

Like I mentioned Chrisisaartist before, I don't have any problem with him (I'm sorry I said bad things I usually take care of that tone alot. ) Its just, the voters.

UUhh...lets just leave this to caliburn whatever his disicion will be I will accept it and move on since I wasn't a part of this month anyways.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I said it wasn't personally directed at you. I know you're nowhere near the type of person who'd bash others >.<
    I just felt the need to clarify a thing or two. Us; basers, don't have to meet so very high levels of awesome in our works, we just try our best, and a lot are noobs >.< that's it at its simplest.

If we left the post flaoting around without adjusting the ideas, it might hurt some member's feelings );

And, I know what you're aiming at, but you can't force people to vote in one direction or a bit more, every single one has their own tastes

I don't know why you say Caliburn might take an action towards you ( or maybe I misunderstood that part). I think all should be good now after all what have been said. Everyone contributed as positively as possible, and you've apologised politely, no?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabebetter View Post
    I said it wasn't personally directed at you. I know you're nowhere near the type of person who'd bash others >.<
    I just felt the need to clarify a thing or two. Us; basers, don't have to meet so very high levels of awesome in our works, we just try our best, and a lot are noobs >.< that's it at its simplest.

If we left the post flaoting around without adjusting the ideas, it might hurt some member's feelings );

And, I know what you're aiming at, but you can't force people to vote in one direction or a bit more, every single one has their own tastes

I don't know why you say Caliburn might take an action towards you ( or maybe I misunderstood that part). I think all should be good now after all what have been said. Everyone contributed as positively as possible, and you've apologised politely, no?
    You did. I meant however caliburn will announce the winners and go on with the contest, I will accept it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh, sorry ._. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

God, oh God. This month's entries are simply mindblowing. Like WOW guys, a lot of you have outdone yourselves!

First, we have new people joining this contest with epic art, such as Nakamazi Itchigo, epic concept there. Then there's another afdjagkagsa drawing from Killer Vision x.x dude, you should seriously start working for Marvel. Zack Blade hit a soft spot with me with the Wolverine drawing Huang's drawing is neat and I really like the character. Also, Hansom is finally back with coloured chicks great job as always ;p and if we're talking about people who came back in this contest, Zanji!! God, it's been years! Literally xD Welcome back you have a great entry there ^o^ Ryuji drew Annabel and Entei, another soft spot for me xD Loome also has a really neat and awesome drawing, what did you use for the black? Markers?

And there are more unmentioned, too lazy to open a new tab to see all the entries again xD But really guys, that's an excellent job, I actually feel the urge to come up with something new myself, but I can't seem to find the time >.<

I was really impressed by this month's competition so I felt like posting this xD that being said, good luck in the vote thread, it will sure as hell be difficult to decide upon someone xD

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream On! ❤

Man, this months entries are awesome, and... especially zackblade and killervision.... Both your entries are just brilliant

Last edited by Hoshi; 02-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    really matters is that the
    people you love are happy and
    healthy. Everything else is
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    God, oh God. This month's entries are simply mindblowing. Like WOW guys, a lot of you have outdone yourselves!

First, we have new people joining this contest with epic art, such as Nakamazi Itchigo, epic concept there. Then there's another afdjagkagsa drawing from Killer Vision x.x dude, you should seriously start working for Marvel. Zack Blade hit a soft spot with me with the Wolverine drawing Huang's drawing is neat and I really like the character. Also, Hansom is finally back with coloured chicks great job as always ;p and if we're talking about people who came back in this contest, Zanji!! God, it's been years! Literally xD Welcome back you have a great entry there ^o^ Ryuji drew Annabel and Entei, another soft spot for me xD Loome also has a really neat and awesome drawing, what did you use for the black? Markers?

And there are more unmentioned, too lazy to open a new tab to see all the entries again xD But really guys, that's an excellent job, I actually feel the urge to come up with something new myself, but I can't seem to find the time >.<

I was really impressed by this month's competition so I felt like posting this xD that being said, good luck in the vote thread, it will sure as hell be difficult to decide upon someone xD
    Thanks Lara but i can never be one :ghehe: im happy to have it as a hobby tho .
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    Man, this months entries are awesome, and... especially zackblade and killervision.... Both your entries are just brilliant
    thanks for the mention

Artistic Shinobi Nakamazi Itchigo's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, listen up..!! Heroes are
    people who share their booze
    with other people!!! 'I' WANNA
    DRINK MY BOOZE!!! - Roronoa
    Zoro

wow thanx so much Lara!

Last edited by Nakamazi Itchigo; 02-28-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no retirement for an
    artist, it's your way of
    living so there's no end to
    it.

Thanks Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    Thanks bro. .
    Good luck too all who participated in this month

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I won't be able to enter until November/December again

This months entries are great! Can't wait to see who wins.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyynn View Post
    I won't be able to enter until November/December again

This months entries are great! Can't wait to see who wins.
    thats a long time but why? busy?

Last edited by « Killer Vision »; 03-02-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!

Thanks Lara ....

Alright guys I have a question, the submission I made is rather an "older" drawing of mine....maybe 2 years old and now I am wanting to make an "updated" version of it, and well I can't make the decision of what Lantern Corp I want him to be in.......a Green Lantern (my opinion too many human GL's as it is), a Blue Lantern, Red Lantern, Indigo Tribe, Yellow Lantern, or fighting Larfleeze to be the Orange Lantern..........any suggestions?

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a girl, dammit.

Thanks! xD

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by « Killer Vision » View Post
    thats a long time but why? busy?

It's my final year of school. So I have to focus most of my drawing time onto my art major instead.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zanji View Post
    Thanks Lara ....

Alright guys I have a question, the submission I made is rather an "older" drawing of mine....maybe 2 years old and now I am wanting to make an "updated" version of it, and well I can't make the decision of what Lantern Corp I want him to be in.......a Green Lantern (my opinion too many human GL's as it is), a Blue Lantern, Red Lantern, Indigo Tribe, Yellow Lantern, or fighting Larfleeze to be the Orange Lantern..........any suggestions?
    The orange lantern sounds kick ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyynn View Post
    It's my final year of school. So I have to focus most of my drawing time onto my art major instead.
    good luck bro.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen to the sound of your
    last breath....

Can I draw something with pencil and paper and then take a picture of it and submit it for the contest?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You know, all that
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by -YASHIRO- View Post
    Can I draw something with pencil and paper and then take a picture of it and submit it for the contest?
    o_o
    yes of course you can bro. just post it in the submission thread.