Page 53 of 53 « First ... 3434950515253
Results 1,301 to 1,316 of 1316
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are but men...

Re: Art of the Month Discussion

Just take photo and show your hand with your nick written on it. Try to ps that...
    And i dont think everyone votes for their friends or something, I posted my art 3 times and got 3rd and 1st places with 73 posts on forum

Last edited by Katonas; 10-03-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are but men...

Is it me or half of NB community doesnt know how to properly upload their art at the contest

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Is it me or the number of contestants as well as the quality of drawings has dropped lately? And why do I have the feeling this is becoming a popularity contest?

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    etaf ruoy epacse tonnac uoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    Is it me or the number of contestants as well as the quality of drawings has dropped lately? And why do I have the feeling this is becoming a popularity contest?
    this is the last time i participate... i wanted to stop last month but i thought i will be giving it one last chance. it is as you said a popularity contest. most people just vote for artworks of either their friends/names that are pipular or for their fave chars..... many have no clue about how to actually judge and critizise an artwork, about how much work there lies behind certain stuff etc....month after month i was more disappointed in this contest, not because i didnt win, im not a sore loser, but because i have seen many great artworks getting less to none votes while some easy and poorly done works have gotten many. i dont mind losing to superior artists with superior artworks.... but it is kinda a pain in the ass when a drawing which is literally not more than just a sketch of like 30 mins gets more votes than really good stuff....

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    this is the last time i participate... i wanted to stop last month but i thought i will be giving it one last chance. it is as you said a popularity contest. most people just vote for artworks of either their friends/names that are pipular or for their fave chars..... many have no clue about how to actually judge and critizise an artwork, about how much work there lies behind certain stuff etc....month after month i was more disappointed in this contest, not because i didnt win, im not a sore loser, but because i have seen many great artworks getting less to none votes while some easy and poorly done works have gotten many. i dont mind losing to superior artists with superior artworks.... but it is kinda a pain in the ass when a drawing which is literally not more than just a sketch of like 30 mins gets more votes than really good stuff....
    Well to be honest, as far as a layman like myself can judge, in this month's contest, none of the artworks should have taken more than 2 hours (let's say...just let's say, 3 at best). And only 4 of them seemed perfectly proportionated to me (yours is one of them, though.)

I miss good old times when artists like Killer Vision participated. His works took dozens of hours to make. No wonder he always won.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love me bitterly, Loathe me
    sweetly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    Well to be honest, as far as a layman like myself can judge, in this month's contest, none of the artworks should have taken more than 2 hours (let's say...just let's say, 3 at best). And only 4 of them seemed perfectly proportionated to me (yours is one of them, though.)

I miss good old times when artists like Killer Vision participated. His works took dozens of hours to make. No wonder he always won.
    I took over 3 days of work in total to complete my work this month due to the proportions of ichigos face since I have never drawn him before I actually got so frustrated with it I left it for a week. His eyes were the most difficult I think I must have rubbed this left eye out about 10 times before I got it right. It's not that easy to just sketch a drawing, as perfect as you can get it plus go over it in pen, ink it and shade it in just two hours.

To be honest I was shocked at the amount of votes I got this month, I really thought Arian was going to win this month.

So your just going to give up? Is that really your resolve? It's not like that, do you know how difficult it would be for me if I had to only vote for my friends? I would have to multi vote because I wouldn't want to hurt any of their feelings. That Is why I don't vote for my friends like you say, If I see an art work that I really love and is deserving I will vote for it long ago I was like you and I almost gave up but then I won 3rd place? My drawings never used to get two votes. Also you shouldn't judge a drawing based on how it looks. People might have taken ages to do an art work that would have taken you a short amount of time due to the fact that their skills aren't as developed as yours.

Also you have to think of it from other people's point of veiw and not just your own, if an art work contains something that they like and are familiar with they will immediately be drawn to it, this is a contest where people vote for art work they personally like not the best artwork in total. The best artwork in one persons eyes may be the worst in another's.

Last edited by Orihime-Chan; 10-23-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Orihime-Chan View Post
    I took over 3 days of work in total to complete my work this month due to the proportions of ichigos face since I have never drawn him before I actually got so frustrated with it I left it for a week. His eyes were the most difficult I think I must have rubbed this left eye out about 10 times before I got it right. It's not that easy to just sketch a drawing, as perfect as you can get it plus go over it in pen, ink it and shade it in just two hours.

To be honest I was shocked at the amount of votes I got this month, I really thought Arian was going to win this month.

So your just going to give up? Is that really your resolve? It's not like that, do you know how difficult it would be for me if I had to only vote for my friends? I would have to multi vote because I wouldn't want to hurt any of their feelings. That Is why I don't vote for my friends like you say, If I see an art work that I really love and is deserving I will vote for it long ago I was like you and I almost gave up but then I won 3rd place? My drawings never used to get two votes. Also you shouldn't judge a drawing based on how it looks. People might have taken ages to do an art work that would have taken you a short amount of time due to the fact that their skills aren't as developed as yours.

Also you have to think of it from other people's point of veiw and not just your own, if an art work contains something that they like and are familiar with they will immediately be drawn to it, this is a contest where people vote for art work they personally like not the best artwork in total. The best artwork in one persons eyes may be the worst in another's.
    im not giving up drawing, im just stopping to participate this competition.... i didnt say everyone votes for their friends and/or thir fav chars, but many do.
    well it is quite hard to judge art that is true...but there are certain aspects of a drawing (detail, cleaness, difficullty etc) that can be judged....when for example a portrait fails at what portraits are usually supposed to be most(depicting a person as realistic as possible) it shouldnt get so many more votes than a perfectly done manga etc....a sketch of like 30 mins doesnt deserve more votes than stuff like your work, which can take days to weeks...
    well whatever i hope you get what i mean.
    but tbh im kinda done with this whole community.... im quitting the art contest and i guess in a few months ima quit nb as well...

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surpass the best to be the
    best.

im not giving up drawing, im just stopping to participate this competition.... i didnt say everyone votes for their friends and/or thir fav chars, but many do.
    well it is quite hard to judge art that is true...but there are certain aspects of a drawing (detail, cleaness, difficullty etc) that can be judged....when for example a portrait fails at what portraits are usually supposed to be most(depicting a person as realistic as possible) it shouldnt get so many more votes than a perfectly done manga etc....a sketch of like 30 mins doesnt deserve more votes than stuff like your work, which can take days to weeks...
    but tbh im kinda done with this whole community.... im quitting the art contest and i guess in a few months ima quit nb as well...
    Bye bye you will surely be missed

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    sweetly.

That is very sad because as a matter of fact you are giving up. I wasn't referring to you quitting drawing I was referring to you giving up the contest. Not everybody is a professional judge like you are, they vote for art work they like and not artwork that is 'good' and to be honest it is respectable for people to vote for artwork that is of their favorite characters, are you going to vote for an artwork that is good but of a character you hate? No.

Status
    Jul 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    germany over everything!

Too bad that a reall artist is quitting the contest but what else can i say but agree to why you would like to.
    Even the last voting was just "vote for the person you know and talk". the number of the votes for the first place is the best proof and the people that have voted for it.

But meh, the most contests on here are like that!

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    sweetly.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzoo View Post
    Too bad that a reall artist is quitting the contest but what else can i say but agree to why you would like to.
    Even the last voting was just "vote for the person you know and talk". the number of the votes for the first place is the best proof and the people that have voted for it.

Am I supposed to find that offensive? I have never talked to most of the people who voted me before. Don't act like its some funny subject that has hurt my feelings. So my artwork was a piece of shit? Kay fine I can live with that

@enzoos rep comment. You know what go to hell. I try to be nice to people and you freaken hurt my feelings. You have no respect for others. If you have nothing good to say don't say shit. If it eases your smartass mind

Akemi- I've basically only seen her in death note games, HaterFtw- never spoken to, Hidari-never spoken to, J3Q-never spoken to, ★ Kingslayer.-never spoken to, Lan Fan,-never spoken to Mizkui Raita-spoken to, s0uL rEaPeR- never really spoken to, Sakuto-never spoken to, Satellizer El Bridget- never spoken to , Six Pāths-spoken to, Snape Uchiha-never spoken to, Stārk-spoken to, ☯Yami no Tensei,-spoken to Zorø- kinda spoken to

10/15 people who voted me I haven't spoken to.

Last edited by Orihime-Chan; 10-23-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enzoo View Post

pls be nice to each other..... i didnt deserve the win in last months contest tbh.^^ orihime won fair and square. it not her im talking about^^ but it doesnt matter anymore anyways
    Am I supposed to find that offensive? I have never talked to most of the people who voted me before. Don't act like its some funny subject that has hurt my feelings. So my artwork was a piece of shit? Kay fine I can live with that

@enzoos rep comment. You know what go to hell. I try to be nice to people and you freaken hurt my feelings. You have no respect for others. If you have nothing good to say don't say shit. If it eases your smartass mind

Akemi- I've basically only seen her in death note games, HaterFtw- never spoken to, Hidari-never spoken to, J3Q-never spoken to, ★ Kingslayer.-never spoken to, Lan Fan,-never spoken to Mizkui Raita-spoken to, s0uL rEaPeR- never really spoken to, Sakuto-never spoken to, Satellizer El Bridget- never spoken to , Six Pāths-spoken to, Snape Uchiha-never spoken to, Stārk-spoken to, ☯Yami no Tensei,-spoken to Zorø- kinda spoken to

10/15 people who voted me I haven't spoken to.
    dont take it too seriously. your artwork was awesome and imo you sure did deserve the win^^ i never intented to hurt(or make other people hurt) your feelings..... and to your other post:

That is very sad because as a matter of fact you are giving up. I wasn't referring to you quitting drawing I was referring to you giving up the contest. Not everybody is a professional judge like you are, they vote for art work they like and not artwork that is 'good' and to be honest it is respectable for people to vote for artwork that is of their favorite characters, are you going to vote for an artwork that is good but of a character you hate? No.
    im not professional ^^ at least not yet, i wish i was lol. but i did have some art school and i learned a lot there....

and yea i would definitly vote for a char i dont like, when it was done good..... it is a art contest after all isnt it? and not a char popularity contest

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    sweetly.

pls be nice to each other..... i didnt deserve the win in last months contest tbh.^^ orihime won fair and square. it not her im talking about^^ but it doesnt matter anymore anyways

dont take it too seriously. your artwork was awesome and imo you sure did deserve the win^^ i never intented to hurt(or make other people hurt) your feelings..... and to your other post:

im not professional ^^ at least not yet, i wish i was lol. but i did have some art school and i learned a lot there....

and yea i would definitly vote for a char i dont like, when it was done good..... it is a art contest after all isnt it? and not a char popularity contest
    I meant professional judge as in your good at judging xD and thank you, to be honest when I was at my friends house we were discussing the contest and she was in love with your drawing I personally thought you were going to win.

☯The 18th Sin of Death☯ Yami no Tensei's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't touch this.

I hate it when people act like their a professional judge of art, but have never drawn in there life....

......I'm all self taught......have any of you gone to art class/school??????????: P

P.S. I am very happy that you won Orihime-chan!!! I know it sounds cheese Arian, but you have to keep trying I know that both of you try your hardest and I respect that with all my heart.

Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dope art.
    instagram.com/macneato

im not exactly sure how to fill out the application, like where to put what I'm fairly new here as a member.

If someone could help I'd appreciate it greatly.

Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dope art.
    instagram.com/macneato

nvm figured it out.