Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hitler? Don't make me laugh...
    I'm far worse.

[Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Rules

Introduction

Ok people, its time for a new Grand RP Tournament! In this Special Xmas Edition the tournament will follow a more common sudden death setup with no losers bracket. Applications can be found here. The prize pool is really really tempting so take your risk and try your luck out!

Battle Rules

-Rei's R&R
    -Killing and Stealing: Allowed
    -CJs: Allowed
    -CEs: Allowed
    -Range: Mid-range
    -Terrain: Plain field without a water source.
    -Each fight needs to finish in 7 days, upon which they'll be closed and graded by RP mods
    -Arguments are to be done exclusively through VM (not PM or MSN). Moderators opinions can only be asked twice per match, with the 3rd time pertaining to a final decisive judging. If a member needs to ask for a moderators input, he/she must do so through this thread and not directly to the Moderators. Following the template and the rules of the thread is essential
    -If a participant doesn't reply for more than 4 complete days, his opponent wins the match by default
    -Failing to abide any of the rules of the tournament may lead to default defeat
    -Maker of the thread has the right of first move
    -Both fighters need to link their bios and valid customs threads in their first post

Main Prizes:
    -Restricted Battle Test Requiring Bio
    -Jinchuriki Bio
    -7SM Sword, the Goddess of Fire and the Goddess of Wind
    -2X EIG Training
    -2X Sound Release
    -6X Fuuinjutsu permission
    -4X CM

(18 prizes total)

1st Place:
    -1st Pick from Prize Pool
    -Award
    -4 Prizes (only one of the following: Restricted bio, Jinchuriki bio or 7SM Sword)

2nd Place:
    -2nd Pick from Prize Pool
    -3 Prizes (only one of the following: Restricted bio, Jinchuriki bio or 7SM Sword)

3rd Place:
    -3rd Pick from Prize Pool
    -2 Prizes (only one of the following: Restricted bio, Jinchuriki bio or 7SM Sword)

4th to 12th Place:
    -Pick in order from the remaining prize Pool
    -1 Prize

Prize Rules

-If a prize has rules pertaining to the bios that can gain it (like the 7SM, Sound Release, or EIG), you need to be sure that the bio you are entering the tournament with can have it otherwise you can't claim the prize.

-During the tournament you cannot change the bio you're participating with. You're bound to it during the tournament and breaking this rule qualifies for a loss by default.

-Because the tournament is all out, customs included, you are required to have a viable, valid CJ thread. Failing to have one may be grounds for not accepting your application or to lose the tournament.

-If you want to claim the restricted bio prize, you need to be sure you're eligible fully for the bio as you won't be granted any waiting time to drop a bio once the tournament ends. You need to be sure that by the time you finish the tournament, you can drop the required bios and that you fullfill all the requirements for the restricted bio you're claiming. Also, you need to fulfill all the requirements to have the bio so if you don't have a valid sensei status, you can't claim an MS bio.

-Only free Jinchuriki bios can be claimed.

-You can't, through this tournament, gain a Madara, Obito or Naruto bios or any bio on hold.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Last edited by Scorps; 12-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Rules

Round #1!

Ok, match ups are up and can be follow through this image:

For the first match, the title should be "[RP Tournament Round #1] X vs Y" where as X is the thread maker and the person on top of the match up and Y is his opponent. The example for the first match would be [RP Tournament Round #1] -Castiel- Vs Kamishiro, where as -Castiel- makes the thread and the first move.

The tournament will follow my GMT, which is +00 GMT. So for reference, its now 21h53 here. The matches can be started in 2hours and 6 minutes, basically on the 10th of December and will need to be finished in the deadline posted in the rules. Don't forget that judging, complaints, discussions, etc are to be held in the specific thread made for that purpose through the assorted template and not through the fight threads. You can, off course, work the issues with your opponent outside the battle threads. Don't forget also that contacting a mod directly about an issue on a fight is not allowed and may lead to losing the match by default.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Round #2!

For the first match, the title should be "[RP Tournament Round #2] X vs Y" where as X is the thread maker and the person on top of the match up and Y is his opponent. The example for the first match would be [RP Tournament Round #2] -Castiel- Vs Blizzard, where as -Castiel- makes the thread and the first move.

The tournament will follow my GMT, which is +00 GMT. So for reference, its now 12h39 here. The matches can be started right away and will need to be finished in the deadline posted in the rules. Don't forget that judging, complaints, discussions, etc are to be held in the specific thread made for that purpose through the assorted template and not through the fight threads. You can, off course, work the issues with your opponent outside the battle threads. Don't forget also that contacting a mod directly about an issue on a fight is not allowed and may lead to losing the match by default.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Round #3!

For the first match, the title should be "[RP Tournament Round #3] X vs Y" where as X is the thread maker and the person on top of the match up and Y is his opponent. The example for the first match would be [RP Tournament Round #3] Blizzard Vs Gobi Gobletsson, where as Blizzard makes the thread and the first move.

The tournament will follow my GMT, which is +00 GMT. So for reference, its now 22h12 here. The matches can be started right away and will need to be finished in the deadline posted in the rules. Don't forget that judging, complaints, discussions, etc are to be held in the specific thread made for that purpose through the assorted template and not through the fight threads. You can, off course, work the issues with your opponent outside the battle threads. Don't forget also that contacting a mod directly about an issue on a fight is not allowed and may lead to losing the match by default.

Merry Xmas to all btw. In the end of the tournament I have a prize for all round #2 and up participants. ^^

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Round #4!

For the first match, the title should be "[RP Tournament Round #4] X vs Y" where as X is the thread maker and the person on top of the match up and Y is his opponent. The example for the first match would be [RP Tournament Round #4] Gobi Gobletsson VS Serpent, where as Gobi makes the thread and the first move.

The tournament will follow my GMT, which is +00 GMT. So for reference, its now 13h43 here. The matches can be started right away and will need to be finished in the deadline posted in the rules. Don't forget that judging, complaints, discussions, etc are to be held in the specific thread made for that purpose through the assorted template and not through the fight threads. You can, off course, work the issues with your opponent outside the battle threads. Don't forget also that contacting a mod directly about an issue on a fight is not allowed and may lead to losing the match by default.

Btw, happy new year to all and sorry for the delay in judging this round!

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Semi-Finals!

For the first match, the title should be "[RP Tournament Semi-final] X vs Y" where as X is the thread maker and the person on top of the match up and Y is his opponent. The example for the first match would be [RP Tournament Semi-Finals] Serpent VS Lord of Kaos, where as Serpent makes the thread and the first move.

The tournament will follow my GMT, which is +00 GMT. So for reference, its now 12h12 here. The matches can be started right away and will need to be finished in the deadline posted in the rules. Don't forget that judging, complaints, discussions, etc are to be held in the specific thread made for that purpose through the assorted template and not through the fight threads. You can, off course, work the issues with your opponent outside the battle threads. Don't forget also that contacting a mod directly about an issue on a fight is not allowed and may lead to losing the match by default.

Sorry for the delay last night!

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Finals!

For the first match, the title should be "[RP Tournament Final] X vs Y" where as X is the thread maker and the person on top of the match up and Y is his opponent. The example for the first match would be [RP Tournament Finals] Serpent VS Lili-Chwan, where as Serpent makes the thread and the first move. The second match is the match for 3rd and 4th places and should be named [RP Tournament 3rd Place Match] Lord of Kaos Vs Typhon. Lord of Kaos makes the thread.

The tournament will follow my GMT, which is +00 GMT. So for reference, its now 22h15 here. The matches can be started right away and will need to be finished in the deadline posted in the rules. Don't forget that judging, complaints, discussions, etc are to be held in the specific thread made for that purpose through the assorted template and not through the fight threads. You can, off course, work the issues with your opponent outside the battle threads. Don't forget also that contacting a mod directly about an issue on a fight is not allowed and may lead to losing the match by default.

Good Luck to all!!!!

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Prize Claim!

Ok, match ups can be followed here:

Now, the prize pool has:

-Jinchuriki Bio
    -2X EIG Training
    -2X Sound Release
    -4X CM

From 1st to 4th place, each person will choose the prizes.

1st Place is Lili
    2nd Place is Serpent
    3rd Place is Typhon
    4th Place is Lord of Kaos

Lord of Kaos has already notified me what prize he wants if possible.

Once these first one choose, I'll distribute the next batch to the following people.

to claim a prize please fill this template:

PHP Code:
    [B]Bio Link:[/B]
    [
    B]Prizes:[/B
    for 7SM you'll need to wait until i contact Caliburn. For Sound and EIG and Sage Mode and Fuuinjutsu, you don't get it auto. You get the full permission to, without any further requirement, start learning it from someone that can teach it. Restricted bio, you get the bio auto. Jinchuriki you get the Jinchuriki if its not claimed or isn't being tested for.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now this user has a status
    albeit its a lame one!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Prize Claim!

Ok, match ups can be followed here:

Now, the prize pool has:

-Jinchuriki Bio
    -2X EIG Training
    -2X Sound Release
    -4X CM

From 1st to 4th place, each person will choose the prizes.

1st Place is Lili
    2nd Place is Serpent
    3rd Place is Typhon
    4th Place is Lord of Kaos

Lord of Kaos has already notified me what prize he wants if possible.

Once these first one choose, I'll distribute the next batch to the following people.

to claim a prize please fill this template:

PHP Code:
    [B]Bio Link:[/B]
    [
    B]Prizes:[/B
    for 7SM you'll need to wait until i contact Caliburn. For Sound and EIG and Sage Mode and Fuuinjutsu, you don't get it auto. You get the full permission to, without any further requirement, start learning it from someone that can teach it. Restricted bio, you get the bio auto. Jinchuriki you get the Jinchuriki if its not claimed or isn't being tested for.

Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=267312
    Prizes:

Fuuin Permission (like, finally)

Sound Permission
    Curse Mark
    Fire Goddess

I know, OP xD

I would also like to give my permission, as an EIG Master, for Typhoon to learn the Gates, if he so wishes. This should be as good as getting it through the tournament, since, by normal standards you'd have to get permission from 2 EIG Master, one of which would be you teacher. I can't teach, so you'd have to find a second EIG master anyway xD

Btw, if I'm spelling your name wrong, don't call me on it, I'm always right.

EDIT: Actually, can I exchange the Curse Mark for a bigger avatar for a while, please?

Last edited by Lili-Chwan; 01-25-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134396
    Prizes:

-Battle Restricted Bio (I will be dropping both my Bio's)
    -Curse Mark
    -EIG (Since I am forced to drop my bio's for the battle restricted bio,when I make my second bio can I learn EIG on that bio? as long as it meets the requirements?)

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Prizes:

Sound Permission
    Curse Mark
    Fire Goddess

I know, OP xD

I would also like to give my permission, as an EIG Master, for Typhoon to learn the Gates, if he so wishes. This should be as good as getting it through the tournament, since, by normal standards you'd have to get permission from 2 EIG Master, one of which would be you teacher. I can't teach, so you'd have to find a second EIG master anyway xD

EDIT: Actually, can I exchange the Curse Mark for a bigger avatar for a while, please?
    You say that as if you aren't spelling it wrong on purpose.... >.>

And thanks for the recommendation.

Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178501

Prizes:
    1. Jinchuriki Bio: Gaara

2. I'm not sure what to do about this one. I already have Fuuin, and I don't believe any of the other prizes can be possessed by a Jinchuriki bio. Could I use it to drop a CFS and/or CE? Or, if the EIG method Lili described is no longer allowed, and the second prize can be passed to my second by, I'd like a Curse Mark for my Samurai.

Last edited by Typhon; 01-26-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Prizes:

Sound Permission
    Curse Mark
    Fire Goddess

I know, OP xD

Nah, no bigger ava. And all is good. You can add these to your bio and update it. I'll contact Caliburn about the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134396
    Prizes:

-Battle Restricted Bio (I will be dropping both my Bio's)
    -Curse Mark
    -EIG (Since I am forced to drop my bio's for the battle restricted bio,when I make my second bio can I learn EIG on that bio? as long as it meets the requirements?)
    Serpent no EIG. Its clearly stated that for prizes you wish like EIG or Sound that have bio requirements the bio your entering the tournament with needs to fullfill those.

Same for Curse Mark. If you're dropping both bios, in which bio do you want to put it? The CM is something we add to a bio thus bio bound thus can only be put in the bio you enter the tournament with, meaning that you can't claim that since you're dropping the bio you entered with.

Btw, if you had a bio waiting for approval (i think I saw it), you might want to ask someone to move for decline as it can't be approved in the meanwhile until you actually get the full restricted bio approved.

I also ask that you please post what bio you want to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    You say that as if you aren't spelling it wrong on purpose.... >.>

And thanks for the recommendation.

Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178501

Prizes:
    1. Jinchuriki Bio: Gaara

2. I'm not sure what to do about this one. I already have Fuuin, and I don't believe any of the other prizes can be possessed by a Jinchuriki bio. Could I use it to drop a CFS and/or CE? Or, if the EIG method Lili described is no longer allowed, and the second prize can be passed to my second by, I'd like a Curse Mark for my Samurai.
    Gaara is cool, rest you can't claim. As for EIG, Lili gave her permission but as an EIG master, thus not involving the tournament.

Just waiting for Serpent to say which bio he'll be making and we ca proceed.

Btw, Lord of Kaos in his inability to log in (sick/in a hospital) had ask me that if his turn came to pick and he was still away, he'd like Sound Release if it was available. At the moment it is and so, he gets sound release.

So far, this remains in the prize pool:

-Jinchuriki Bio
    -2X EIG Training
    -0X Sound Release
    -5X Fuuinjutsu permission
    -1X CM

9 prizes remain

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

Serpent no EIG. Its clearly stated that for prizes you wish like EIG or Sound that have bio requirements the bio your entering the tournament with needs to fullfill those.

Same for Curse Mark. If you're dropping both bios, in which bio do you want to put it? The CM is something we add to a bio thus bio bound thus can only be put in the bio you enter the tournament with, meaning that you can't claim that since you're dropping the bio you entered with.

Btw, if you had a bio waiting for approval (i think I saw it), you might want to ask someone to move for decline as it can't be approved in the meanwhile until you actually get the full restricted bio approved.

I also ask that you please post what bio you want to make.
    Damn, too bad, I really wanted gates lol... I will be making a Nagato Uzumaki Bio.

Nagato Uzumaki Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=309237

Here is the link to the Pending bio, if you could please move it to the decline list.. [Bio Link]

Last edited by Serpent; 01-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Right, so Typhon and Serpent, make your bios. Lili and LOK, update yours.

Next batch of prize winners is as follows:

Reborn
    Scaze
    Gobi Gobletsson
    McRazor

I randomized the list of each round from this point onwards using a randomizer, as from the 4th onwards its not possible to determine every single spot.

Once you guys each pick one, then we can proceed. Don't forget the template to claim the prize.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    albeit its a lame one!

If someone want, I relinquish my CM prize and allow it for the grab

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

If someone want, I relinquish my CM prize and allow it for the grab
    Its in your ability to do so and its very magnanimous of you

So, guys, one more CM if people wish for it!

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    albeit its a lame one!

Its in your ability to do so and its very magnanimous of you

So, guys, one more CM if people wish for it!
    xD, I felt guilty stacking so many abilities in one bio

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Bio Link: Gabriel
    Prizes: Goddess of Wind

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

xD, I felt guilty stacking so many abilities in one bio
    So, nice of you... You know what. When I set up my new bank account in a few days I will buy you PM so you can have your 150x300 Avatar and teach you those customs you wanted ^^

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Guys, and I'm being serious, I never saw such fair play in the RP in the last months... Seriously. Reminds me of the good things of doing this job! ^^

Reborn, I'll PM Caliburn to add you to the list as the holder of the wind sword.

Prizes remaining:

-2X EIG Training
    -2X CM

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boom 4 Scaze C:

Last edited by Scaze; 01-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Icecream + Pocket = Pocket
    icecream

Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234300
    Prizes: Well. I can't have two CMs, unless the CM prize can upgrade my lvl1 to a lvl2. If not, too bad.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobi Gobletsson View Post
    Bio Link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234300
    Prizes: Well. I can't have two CMs, unless the CM prize can upgrade my lvl1 to a lvl2. If not, too bad.
    Update your bios with the CM Level one for Scaze and with CM Level 2 for Gobi.

Prizes remaining:

-2X EIG Training

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Bio link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280095
    Prize: Nothing

I guess the EIG was a total bust. Honestly it should've never been a prize, in my opinion.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by McRazor View Post
    Bio link: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280095
    Prize: Nothing

I guess the EIG was a total bust. Honestly it should've never been a prize, in my opinion.
    >_> Et tu, judas?

Well, it can only be claimed by someone with a non KG bio... So, lets see how it works.

Next and final batch of prize winners, again randomized:

Selendrile
    Mathias
    Better
    Blizzard
    Sindy
    Igneel
    -Yusuke-
    Nagato..

Prizes:

-2X EIG Training

If all prizes can't be claimed, then I have a surprise for the remaining un prized participants, including McRazor.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»