Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Death intrigues me, Life
    bores me."

Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Discussion

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286805
    Issue: Time frame, the order in which techniques occur.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Well how I see it is as follows; Deva & Preta Path (Opponent's) > Knuckle's Maximum Break (Mine) > Earth Motion Technique (Opponent's) > Storm Leg Victorious Bird (Mine) > Chakra Sensing (Opponent's) > Frozen fang Regeneration Ability (Mine) > Wind Release: Tornado Spiral (Opponent's).
    But reading Drizzeh's last counter it seems like he managed to activate chakra sensing, detect that my sword was approaching, thus move away to long range (avoiding all possible attacks from the sword) and then using that same wind technique to counter Victorious Bird. Where Victorious Bird was the first visual possible technique that my character performed having 10+ Ninjutsu Damage meaning a rank of Forbidden. I don't know if Drizzeh's character was able to pull of three things while my technique was initiated even before chakra sensing, as Drizzeh himself quotes; "This is done to sense if there may be any other incoming techniques which may have been created by Blizzard in the cloud of dust and scatter of rocks earlier." That means the dust was already formed by my kick projectile. Clarification will be much appreciated.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask not for lighter burdens,
    but for broader shoulders.

Link to Fight: Selen vs. Kiritsugu
    Issue: Timeframe, and possibly the use of Water Dragon Biting Explosion
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Im just incredibly confused on our time-frame and where I should continue off of his move. By the time-frame, since he counters my Fire Birds with the Water Dragon, wouldn't I have to defend instead of creating the Swamp? But then he continues as if the swamp would be made. Also, nothing major, but i've never seen the water technique he used be able to send the dragon off into a different direction. Usually, the water dragon composed of the bullets of water would crush the target downwards, not go off in a different direction to attack away from the water source. I dont agree with it completely blocking my vision either, because it arcs from above. Id still have full view of him. Just want clarification on it.

Last edited by Selendrile; 12-12-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Selendrile View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Im just incredibly confused on our time-frame and where I should continue off of his move. By the time-frame, since he counters my Fire Birds with the Water Dragon, wouldn't I have to defend instead of creating the Swamp? But then he continues as if the swamp would be made. Also, nothing major, but i've never seen the water technique he used be able to send the dragon off into a different direction. Usually, the water dragon composed of the bullets of water would crush the target downwards, not go off in a different direction to attack away from the water source. Just want clarification on it.
    Here is our discussion upon the subject for uh, more information.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

Link to Fight: Clicky
    Issue: My issue lies with his CJ - chakra sensing snow.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: In this CJ it has not been mentioned that it is able to detect jutsus as well.... the only thing the CJ mentions explicitly is that it would sense the opponent's location. On top of that, even if the jutsu does allow him to know that there was an incoming jutsu, I doubt it will let him know which elemental manipulation it was. For all he knew it could have been a gigantic wave of water or a fire jutsu itself or a lightning jutsu.

note: Just for reference, he was supposed to be blind for this turn due to his earlier F ranked jutsu usage as a drawback.

Last edited by Anduril; 12-12-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beshawa!

Link to fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286821
    Winner: General Teno

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A status has this user.

Link to the fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286808
    Winner: -Castiel-

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fighting for piece is like
    screwing for virginity ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: In this CJ it has not been mentioned that it is able to detect jutsus as well.... the only thing the CJ mentions explicitly is that it would sense the opponent's location. On top of that, even if the jutsu does allow him to know that there was an incoming jutsu, I doubt it will let him know which elemental manipulation it was. For all he knew it could have been a gigantic wave of water or a fire jutsu itself or a lightning jutsu.

note: Just for reference, he was supposed to be blind for this turn due to his earlier F ranked jutsu usage as a drawback.

Your Reasoning of the Issue: I don't know why there is even a discussion here. Chakra sensing snow. Your techniques are based on chakra , thus it can sense them. Same with Rain Tiger At Will techniqus, just here it's snow

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Link to the fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286784
    Winner: Typhon

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Never as yet has one
    been known to complain of the
    doctor who had killed
    him.."

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzàrd View Post
    Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286805
    Issue: Time frame, the order in which techniques occur.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Well how I see it is as follows; Deva & Preta Path (Opponent's) > Knuckle's Maximum Break (Mine) > Earth Motion Technique (Opponent's) > Storm Leg Victorious Bird (Mine) > Chakra Sensing (Opponent's) > Frozen fang Regeneration Ability (Mine) > Wind Release: Tornado Spiral (Opponent's).
    But reading Drizzeh's last counter it seems like he managed to activate chakra sensing, detect that my sword was approaching, thus move away to long range (avoiding all possible attacks from the sword) and then using that same wind technique to counter Victorious Bird. Where Victorious Bird was the first visual possible technique that my character performed having 10+ Ninjutsu Damage meaning a rank of Forbidden. I don't know if Drizzeh's character was able to pull of three things while my technique was initiated even before chakra sensing, as Drizzeh himself quotes; "This is done to sense if there may be any other incoming techniques which may have been created by Blizzard in the cloud of dust and scatter of rocks earlier." That means the dust was already formed by my kick projectile. Clarification will be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selendrile View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Im just incredibly confused on our time-frame and where I should continue off of his move. By the time-frame, since he counters my Fire Birds with the Water Dragon, wouldn't I have to defend instead of creating the Swamp? But then he continues as if the swamp would be made. Also, nothing major, but i've never seen the water technique he used be able to send the dragon off into a different direction. Usually, the water dragon composed of the bullets of water would crush the target downwards, not go off in a different direction to attack away from the water source. I dont agree with it completely blocking my vision either, because it arcs from above. Id still have full view of him. Just want clarification on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiritsugu View Post
    Here is our discussion upon the subject for uh, more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post

Quote Originally Posted by -Castiel- View Post
    Link to the fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286808
    Winner: -Castiel-
    Quote Originally Posted by Akisha View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I don't know why there is even a discussion here. Chakra sensing snow. Your techniques are based on chakra , thus it can sense them. Same with Rain Tiger At Will techniqus, just here it's snow
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    All checked

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...95#post9432995
    Issue: I believe he's dead, i don't believe he has enough time to do that counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: my CW reaches him at high speeds, he has no time to use pillars

Last edited by Better; 12-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leaf's one and only <3

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286976
    Issue: Realitsic timeframe breach
    Your Reasoning of the Issue:

He claims to be able to bite his thumb, make 4 seals, slam his hand on the floor and the summoning seal expand into mid range to me, before i even can slam my own hand on the floor, as this is the first visible act he can actually react to.

Last edited by Vincent; 12-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...10#post9436810
    Issue: I dont think he can see me with his sharingan
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: He has stated that he is at the edge of long range and mid range as well as 10 meters underground. Then he states that he can see my chakra signature move through all of that solid earth. While the 3t has been shown to see through some earth i just dont think he'd be able to see that far. Also, wouldnt he be unable to do this since I said that I start going upwards while hes moving the earth 20 m downward?

Last edited by -Broly-; 12-12-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm tired

Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: He has stated that he is at the edge of long range and id range as well as 10 meters underground. Then he states that he can see my chakra signature move through all of that solid earth. While the 3t has been shown to see through some earth i just dont think he'd be able to see that far.

There has never been a rule stating how far through earth the Sharingan can see I also did the same months ago against the Pervy sage when I was attaining the 3 tomoe sharingan and he never stated a problem with it

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Icecream + Pocket = Pocket
    icecream

Quote Originally Posted by -Minato- View Post

He claims to be able to bite his thumb, make 4 seals, slam his hand on the floor and the summoning seal expand into mid range to me, before i even can slam my own hand on the floor, as this is the first visible act he can actually react to.

Fortunately for me, that's not how the technique works exactly. Jiraiya used this technique during the fight versus one of the pains, and didn't require him any hand signs. Or slapping a scripting on the floor.

Also I did like to add, that I've several times used the technique like this in official battles such as these Tournament ones, where we have had SY, Mugi and more judges to overview the fight, where they didn't deem it a missue of the technique but it worked as described in my move.

A good example: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...=1#post5499567 (The hand sign wasn't a requirement.)

So I can't see how it is a problem now? And if it really is, I can't see how it can be a deciding factor in the fight - It's not like your making the earth un-useable kills me. If it's deemed a timeframe breach, I merely finish off my jutsu after the floor have emerged and you still get warped into the stomach of a toad.

Last edited by Gobi Gobletsson; 12-12-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Never as yet has one
    doctor who had killed
    him.."

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Issue: I believe he's dead, i don't believe he has enough time to do that counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: my CW reaches him at high speeds, he has no time to use pillars
    Quote Originally Posted by -Minato- View Post

Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: He has stated that he is at the edge of long range and mid range as well as 10 meters underground. Then he states that he can see my chakra signature move through all of that solid earth. While the 3t has been shown to see through some earth i just dont think he'd be able to see that far. Also, wouldnt he be unable to do this since I said that I start going upwards while hes moving the earth 20 m downward?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanks.. View Post

There has never been a rule stating how far through earth the Sharingan can see I also did the same months ago against the Pervy sage when I was attaining the 3 tomoe sharingan and he never stated a problem with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobi Gobletsson View Post

Fortunately for me, that's not how the technique works exactly. Jiraiya used this technique during the fight versus one of the pains, and didn't require him any hand signs. Or slapping a scripting on the floor.

Also I did like to add, that I've several times used the technique like this in official battles such as these Tournament ones, where we have had SY, Mugi and more judges to overview the fight, where they didn't deem it a missue of the technique but it worked as described in my move.

A good example: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...=1#post5499567 (The hand sign wasn't a requirement.)

So I can't see how it is a problem now? And if it really is, I can't see how it can be a deciding factor in the fight - It's not like your making the earth un-useable kills me. If it's deemed a timeframe breach, I merely finish off my jutsu after the floor have emerged and you still get warped into the stomach of a toad.
    All checked.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Link to the fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286804
    Winner: Reborn

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't need wings to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I believe my jutsu could indeed hit him. From what we've seen of the Jutsu, it can be done extremely quickly. Combined with the fact that my Law bio can do Earth techniques faster than normal since it's his specialty, this means it should happen even faster. This would allow me to hit him even before his fires his chakra blast. This won't violate the timeframe rules as the CW itself counts as his "first jutsu" that I must allow to happen, evident from the template a CW has to follow. I know the match has been deemed over, but I still want to show my side.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!

Link to Fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286832
    Issue: Using jutsu while under a genjutsu
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I'm not sure if an opponent under a genjutsu (who has made no attempt to break it) can use two jutsu that require fast kneading of chakra while his chakra flow is currently being altered. Can we get a judgement on the first part of this fight?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Link to Fight: Oraan Vs Howard
    Issue: Well its not invalid Defense, but Insufficient Defense.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I cast him in a gen jutsu, where he made a bunch of snakes come out of his sleeves to surround him and bite him to get out of it. (No problem with the way he got out of the gen, however he coupled this as a defense) . This technique is only A Ranked. He himself stated the technique I used was around Strong S ranked now, so his defense would be insufficient, the ground also gets turned to lava, and he did not stop that either.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Oraan View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I cast him in a gen jutsu, where he made a bunch of snakes come out of his sleeves to surround him and bite him to get out of it. (No problem with the way he got out of the gen, however he coupled this as a defense) . This technique is only A Ranked. He himself stated the technique I used was around Strong S ranked now, so his defense would be insufficient, the ground also gets turned to lava, and he did not stop that either.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: The snake's bodies would block the heat from reaching me as it's a wave. A rank or not the snakes are blocking the heat wave from reaching me. Obviously they're dead but I don't think the heat wave would reach me (imo). If the heat doesn't reach me then it doesn't reach the ground directly below me meaning that the ground directly below me isn't turned to lava.

Last edited by Howard; 12-13-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Engaged. Saraisthebest!!
    #henrikisevil

Link to fight: [RP Tournament Round #1] Dante.. Vs Sindy
    Issue: Counter against the Lightning Release: Four-Pillar Bind
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I don't agree that the Four Pillar bind could be countered this way, since the pillars are made around her while the Wind Release: Pressure Damage which she used to counter is a one directional Wind blast, if she targeted all of the pillars in order to prevent them from releasing the lightning the blast would have to be released in the middle of the pillars and the pressure takes care of the rest, but it will also mean for her to get sucked into the blast which will be harmful.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Link To Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286835
    Issue: Simultaneous Usage of Two Different Elements
    Your Reasoning Of The Issue: I believe the fact that he has to fuel wind chakra into his Flying Wind God technique every turn, disables him from using another elemental chakra at the same time, which in his situation, is lightning chakra. He would require Yin/Yang training for that. Even though the custom technique doesn't state that he is restricted only to wind techniques, many other techniques, both cannon (Nagashi, Beast Wave Palm, etc) and customs do not have a restriction placed on them that restricts them from using it's respective element while it is active, yet, everybody follows the Yin/Yang principle.

[Convo w/ Haku | More Reference]

Last edited by Yūsuke; 12-13-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you want to kill a Planet?

Link to the fight: ~>Here<~
    Winner: 'Kurapika

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Never as yet has one
    doctor who had killed
    him.."

Quote Originally Posted by -Yusuke- View Post
    Link To Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286835
    Issue: Simultaneous Usage of Two Different Elements
    Your Reasoning Of The Issue: I believe the fact that he has to fuel wind chakra into his Flying Wind God technique every turn, disables him from using another elemental chakra at the same time, which in his situation, is lightning chakra. He would require Yin/Yang training for that. Even though the custom technique doesn't state that he is restricted only to wind techniques, many other techniques, both cannon (Nagashi, Beast Wave Palm, etc) and customs do not have a restriction placed on them that restricts them from using it's respective element while it is active, yet, everybody follows the Yin/Yang principle.

[Convo w/ Haku | More Reference]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinta View Post
    Link to the fight: ~>Here<~
    Winner: 'Kurapika
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante.. View Post
    Link to fight: [RP Tournament Round #1] Dante.. Vs Sindy
    Issue: Counter against the Lightning Release: Four-Pillar Bind
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I don't agree that the Four Pillar bind could be countered this way, since the pillars are made around her while the Wind Release: Pressure Damage which she used to counter is a one directional Wind blast, if she targeted all of the pillars in order to prevent them from releasing the lightning the blast would have to be released in the middle of the pillars and the pressure takes care of the rest, but it will also mean for her to get sucked into the blast which will be harmful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: The snake's bodies would block the heat from reaching me as it's a wave. A rank or not the snakes are blocking the heat wave from reaching me. Obviously they're dead but I don't think the heat wave would reach me (imo). If the heat doesn't reach me then it doesn't reach the ground directly below me meaning that the ground directly below me isn't turned to lava.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oraan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidara... View Post
    Link to Fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286832
    Issue: Using jutsu while under a genjutsu
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I'm not sure if an opponent under a genjutsu (who has made no attempt to break it) can use two jutsu that require fast kneading of chakra while his chakra flow is currently being altered. Can we get a judgement on the first part of this fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: I believe my jutsu could indeed hit him. From what we've seen of the Jutsu, it can be done extremely quickly. Combined with the fact that my Law bio can do Earth techniques faster than normal since it's his specialty, this means it should happen even faster. This would allow me to hit him even before his fires his chakra blast. This won't violate the timeframe rules as the CW itself counts as his "first jutsu" that I must allow to happen, evident from the template a CW has to follow. I know the match has been deemed over, but I still want to show my side.
    All checked.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leafy is evil! Saraisthebest!
    #henrikisevil #MadaraWasHere
    #Santapaidavisit #IraSaidHi!

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=286834
    Winner: Vision [he killed himself]

Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»