Page 7 of 7 « First ... 34567
    Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Discussion

Link to fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292718
    Issue: Past time limit, no victor claimed.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: N/A

Last edited by Gobi Gobletsson; 01-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‪‪‪

Link to fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=296677
    Issue: Chidori Nagashi
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: As far as I know Chidori Nagashi is an unfocused current that has no cutting/tearing/shattering properties. It has been proven in more occasions that it can't tear through earth but only cancel the chakra if focused into the earth. I believe same goes for ice.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Quote Originally Posted by McRazor View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: As far as I know Chidori Nagashi is an unfocused current that has no cutting/tearing/shattering properties. It has been proven in more occasions that it can't tear through earth but only cancel the chakra if focused into the earth. I believe same goes for ice.
    We've seen Nagashi destroy wood in the manga here:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/308/4

Can be seen in anime here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI6-n5kpOx0

As you can see, it destroys Yamato's wooden pillar. As long as I've been on this site, nagashi has been fully capable of doing what I used it for. So if that's no longer the case, I must have missed it. If it can destroy wood, I believe it can shatter ice, as wood is a more durable material than ice.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the feels for
    Lawliet...'s hair because they
    smell like rainbows and
    butterflies

Quote Originally Posted by McRazor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    We've seen Nagashi destroy wood in the manga here:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/308/4

Can be seen in anime here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI6-n5kpOx0

As you can see, it destroys Yamato's wooden pillar. As long as I've been on this site, nagashi has been fully capable of doing what I used it for. So if that's no longer the case, I must have missed it. If it can destroy wood, I believe it can shatter ice, as wood is a more durable material than ice.
    checked

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

Link to Fight: [RP Tournament Round #4] Serpent VS Gobi G.
    Issue: Genjutsu Release
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: It is my understanding that when releasing a Genjutsu though the method of creating a surge of chakra in your body the Technique you use will need to be at least one rank higher for Elemental Ninjutsu and two ranks higher for raw chakra techniques. I placed my opponent in a B-ranked Genjutsu, in which my opponent then released an A-ranked surge of raw chakra. I do not believe that is enough to break the Genjutsu.. Here is a link to the Genjutsu rules explaining my reasoning. [Genjutsu Release Restrictions]

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the feels for
    smell like rainbows and
    butterflies

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    Link to Fight: [RP Tournament Round #4] Serpent VS Gobi G.
    Issue: Genjutsu Release
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: It is my understanding that when releasing a Genjutsu though the method of creating a surge of chakra in your body the Technique you use will need to be at least one rank higher for Elemental Ninjutsu and two ranks higher for raw chakra techniques. I placed my opponent in a B-ranked Genjutsu, in which my opponent then released an A-ranked surge of raw chakra. I do not believe that is enough to break the Genjutsu.. Here is a link to the Genjutsu rules explaining my reasoning. [Genjutsu Release Restrictions]
    Checked

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Link to Fight: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=296694
    Issue: Doubts on the usage of some things/Needs clarification
    Your Reasoning of the Issue:

If I'm not mistaken, your technique requires a hand sign as shown in the manga. Sasuke forms a hand sign and prepares to cast his opponent under said illusion, you're using on me.

A tad after, Shi is put under the effects of the genjutsu;

This is shown in chapter 462. So, as far as I can see the technique requires a hand sign. Yet, being squeezed inbetween the two walls the moment you're reversed summoned into the toad's stomach, I would say you're unable to move, thus unable to form the hand sign. And even though if it didn't require a hand sign, I doubt you would be able to cast a genjtusu from your location, on me, whilst being made into mashed potatoes. But even if that would be possible, if I'm not mistaken, my Curse Seal is still activated, and is still pouring the sen-chakra into me, thus breaking the illusion the moment I'm placed in it. (Thus I would just procced with my water technique)

Now even if that was all cool and deemed valid. I have another problem, as I believe that when you stab your fingers(You should however be restrained, and not able to move a finger.) into the flesh of the toad, to electrify it. I would say that you also electrify the liquids(On the flesh walls) of the toad, which would further electrify yourself. Since your lightning technique doesn't work as a chidori(Which can be used under water, without electrifying the water source), but is an actually spreading surge of lightning which shocks, the liquid should conduct some of this, as you're trying to spread it throughout the toad. Though I would also only say it spreads short-range around you, and not throughout the entire toad, as it is only short-range - Your technique, that is.

Serpent's move
    v
    About the timeframe, I am able to see and perceive things 3x slower then what they really are, basically slow motion. normally just because you can see it happening doesn't mean you can react to it, however I also have Jeet Kun Do. This allows be to React with split second reflexes up to 3x faster then normal.. Timeframe was never broken as I allowed your attack to proceed, I only canceled it like you did mine in the last turn.

========================

As Sasuke is suddenly trapped in the dark (As seen in Anime it's Dark) being squished by to mounds of flesh he see's your Chakra source and without even thinking about it reacts by placing you within another Genjutsu. (Please note that I have mastered the ways of Jeet Kun Do, this gives me split second reactions) This Genjutsu will turn the area dark (unnoticed by you as we are already in the dark) as a figure will rise in front of you, this will then bind you with threads as you attempt your Suiton Ninjutsu.

(Doujutsu: Chuubo no Yuuku) – Eye Technique: Paralyzing Fear
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short – Mid
    Chakra cost: 20
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user will cast a Genjutsu upon the target in which they will see a shadowy figure appear infront of them bearing the Sharingan and then the figure will grow to an enormous size over shadowing the target in pitch-black darkness. The figure will then grab hold of the target and then will cover them in black threads, leaving them paralyzed for a period of time. (This was shown by sasuke against Shi)
    Note: Must have tomoe 3 to use and paralyzing effects last 1 turn.

Sasuke then stabs his hand in one of the mounds of Flesh, this will release an electrical surge of raiton that will violently shock the toads internal organs causing organ failure. This will in turn stop the squeezing from the stomach of this beast (It's okay if you don't want to hurt your toady friend.. because I do ^^)

Lightning Release: Internal Lightning Shock (Naibuteki raikou dageki)
    Type: Attack
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 40
    Damage Points: 80
    Descriptions: The user charges a large amount of raiton chakra into their fingers they then stab their fingers into an opponent at close range releasing the raiton chakra violently shocking the opponent's internal organs causing organ failure
    ~Can only be used once per battle~
    ~Can only be used by me and who I teach~

The Organ Failure will happen at an accelerated rate as it is a direct blow, Sasuke will then Release the second state of his curse seal, this will turn Sasuke's skin dark grey, lengthened his hair without losing its style, blue venom lipstick will appear on his lips and hand-shaped wings on his back that gave him the ability to fly and hover. The wings will push and lift against the dead flash mounds and allow Sasuke to lift up and fly/hover within the stomach as he keeps a close eye on you.

(Fuuinjutsu: Juin Jutsu) - Sealing Technique: Cursed Seal
    Type:Supplementary
    Range:Short
    Chakra Cost:30
    Damage Points:N/A(-5 per turn to target if they us it and target can be self)
    Description:This jutsu creates a seal that gives its target more chakra and more strenght.(Curse Mark of Heaven: +10 Nin - +5 Tai. Curse Mark of Earth: +5 Nin - +10 Taijutsu)
    Note:Level 2 is double the gain and the damage to the one with the seal)

What I did like to note out as well is, that even though you're a Jeet Kun Do master, user or so forth - It doesn't allow you to channel chakra faster. It merely increases your reaction time in close combat.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi Gobletsson View Post

If I'm not mistaken, your technique requires a hand sign as shown in the manga. Sasuke forms a hand sign and prepares to cast his opponent under said illusion, you're using on me.

This is shown in chapter 462. So, as far as I can see the technique requires a hand sign. Yet, being squeezed inbetween the two walls the moment you're reversed summoned into the toad's stomach, I would say you're unable to move, thus unable to form the hand sign. And even though if it didn't require a hand sign, I doubt you would be able to cast a genjtusu from your location, on me, whilst being made into mashed potatoes. But even if that would be possible, if I'm not mistaken, my Curse Seal is still activated, and is still pouring the sen-chakra into me, thus breaking the illusion the moment I'm placed in it. (Thus I would just procced with my water technique)

Now even if that was all cool and deemed valid. I have another problem, as I believe that when you stab your fingers(You should however be restrained, and not able to move a finger.) into the flesh of the toad, to electrify it. I would say that you also electrify the liquids(On the flesh walls) of the toad, which would further electrify yourself. Since your lightning technique doesn't work as a chidori(Which can be used under water, without electrifying the water source), but is an actually spreading surge of lightning which shocks, the liquid should conduct some of this, as you're trying to spread it throughout the toad. Though I would also only say it spreads short-range around you, and not throughout the entire toad, as it is only short-range - Your technique, that is.

Serpent's move
    v

What I did like to note out as well is, that even though you're a Jeet Kun Do master, user or so forth - It doesn't allow you to channel chakra faster. It merely increases your reaction time in close combat.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: When you take 2 pages from the Manga and piece them together as you did it does make it look as though it needs the handseal, however in the chapter it appears to me that Sasuke is focused on Raikage when he makes the handseal, then Juugo does his attack. this in turn causes Sasuke to stop is attack against Raikage and move to a different Target. a lot happens in between the 2 pages that you posted. It can't be undermanned if the Handseal made before Juugo's attack was for the Genjutsu used after the attack. Here is the Link to the Chapter for a better understanding then what Gobi posted [Chapter Link]

Now, about Chakra forming, are you saying my first move which is the Genjutsu is unable to be used before your second attack? It's my understanding that Genjutsu happen very fast and since I am reacting to being summoned into a toad I believe it would happen before you focus and form your water tech. I have a faster reaction time thous I would start focusing chakra before you.

About my Raiton attack, by your logic I should always be shocked by being in contact with my opponent when I use it. wouldn't having my hand in them make me get shocked then? no because the technique is designed to only shock the opponent. Now about the range, the initial attack is short range because I need to drive my hand into the opponent. but the Jutsu it'self is intended to target the organs of the opponent. In this case the organs are larger, but the same effect should apply. If Scorps happens to disagree with me on this, the area that I am in should die and I will still be able to free myself as I did.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the feels for
    smell like rainbows and
    butterflies

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi Gobletsson View Post

Serpent's move
    v

Your Reasoning of the Issue: When you take 2 pages from the Manga and piece them together as you did it does make it look as though it needs the handseal, however in the chapter it appears to me that Sasuke is focused on Raikage when he makes the handseal, then Juugo does his attack. this in turn causes Sasuke to stop is attack against Raikage and move to a different Target. a lot happens in between the 2 pages that you posted. It can't be undermanned if the Handseal made before Juugo's attack was for the Genjutsu used after the attack. Here is the Link to the Chapter for a better understanding then what Gobi posted [Chapter Link]

Now, about Chakra forming, are you saying my first move which is the Genjutsu is unable to be used before your second attack? It's my understanding that Genjutsu happen very fast and since I am reacting to being summoned into a toad I believe it would happen before you focus and form your water tech. I have a faster reaction time thous I would start focusing chakra before you.

About my Raiton attack, by your logic I should always be shocked by being in contact with my opponent when I use it. wouldn't having my hand in them make me get shocked then? no because the technique is designed to only shock the opponent. Now about the range, the initial attack is short range because I need to drive my hand into the opponent. but the Jutsu it'self is intended to target the organs of the opponent. In this case the organs are larger, but the same effect should apply. If Scorps happens to disagree with me on this, the area that I am in should die and I will still be able to free myself as I did.
    Checked.

Btw, to all participants, threads will be closed today later on (about...7 hours or so) and judged by Me, Vincent, dante and Xylon (whomever is available at the time). For this stage we'll do a 3 vote judging as no clear winner was found so far in any match.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

Link to the fight: [RP Tournament Semi-Finals] Serpent VS Lord of Kaos
    Winner: Serpent

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

Link to the Fight: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=300710
    Issue: Past Deadline with no clear victor
    Your reasoning of the Issue: Strawberry Cheesecake

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

Link to Fight: [RP Tournament Finals] Serpent VS Lili-Chwan
    Issue: Sensing Ability and Rest of Move.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Okay, so in my move I substituted myself with Eels that act as myself to escape being damaged by Lili's EIG Taijutsu move in which she rips off my arm while jumping backwards.. In her next move she say's that she can sense me and thous uses another move instead of continuing the lest move-set in which I did nothing to prevent. The Sensing ability that she is using is that of the Gyojin Clan in which they can sense bodies of water and things within them. In her move she is playing it out to be that she can sense me. I do not believe that the Gyojin Clan has the ability to sense the water within people so I don't believe this to be accurate.

Last edited by Serpent; 01-20-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the feels for
    smell like rainbows and
    butterflies

Issue: Sensing Ability and Rest of Move.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Okay, so in my move I substituted myself with Eels that act as myself to escape being damaged by Lili's EIG Taijutsu move in which she rips off my arm while jumping backwards.. In her next move she say's that she can sense me and thous uses another move instead of continuing the lest move-set in which I did nothing to prevent. The Sensing ability that she is using is that of the Gyojin Clan in which they can sense bodies of water and things within them. In her move she is playing it out to be that she can sense me. I do not believe that the Gyojin Clan has the ability to sense the water within people so I don't believe this to be accurate.
    Checked

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Link to the fight: N/A (Typhon vs. Lord of Kaos)
    Winner: Typhon

LoK will be unable to partake in the fight.
    Forfeit via VM: http://narutobase.net/forums/convers...20502&u2=22276

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.

Issue: Past Deadline with no clear victor
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Butterscotch

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the feels for
    smell like rainbows and
    butterflies

I like butterscotch.

Well, I'll wait until i get other 2 mods to check it with me before i post my own reasoning. Must I say, great fight. ^^

Page 7 of 7 « First ... 34567