Link to convo: LINK

Status
    Apr 2010
    Feeling Fly

Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Kaos View Post
    Link to Fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=289931
    Issue: Invalid response/validity of counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: He mistook the effects of the Evil Eye jutsu as a genjutsu when the effects of the jutsu are very real, causing intense pain to his being and in the case of this specific jutsu, his mind, preventing him from movement for around 1 minute and 20 seconds, as per description. He also mistakenly refers to it as a dojutsu's ability or something along those lines, when it is simply chakra that causes intense pain to his mind and brain. By being incapacitated for this amount of time, he'd be unable to prevent the next incoming moves. Furthermore, if he were to find a viable escape, I used a fire jutsu at the same time as the Evil Eye jutsu (yin/yang ability to use two chakra natures simultaneously) to release a gigantic burst of fire towards him at high speeds or at least to my understanding the jutsu is very quick. He says he drops to the earth and then releases Nagashi, at which point I believe the fire would have reached him and the earth walls forming, though the Nagashi would surely break the earth.
    Your Reasoning of the issue:
    The tech is somehow instant, and so i have not come across the jutsu before, the only meaning i can give to it is genjutsu. And i said some about "if its a doujutsu or something but its not" meaning i can still be induced in a genjutsu with eye contact other than doujutsu.
    The jutsu saids incapacitate which means it paralizes me but i don't think it will stop me from molding chakra. Its effect is no different from genjutsu just that its real but a genjutsu also makes you think its real so someone can still do something about it.
    The Nagashi is an elemental chakra burst and would petrify the chakra and stop my pain, i could even think i broke out of the gen.
    He also didn't state in his move that the two moves are done the at the same time even if he has yin/yang, he has to state it.
    The fire is a stream and as he said, he cant make the earth while the fire is still proceeding.
    I could easily slip through the ground as seen in the anime "kakashi/naruto vs itachi" the fireball almost touch kakashi and he could still enter the ground.
    Don't know but i think my move is comprehensive enough.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Jaman Jama

Quote Originally Posted by Yūsuke View Post
    Link To Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=289796
    Issue: Improper counter
    Your Reasoning Of The Issue: There are two problems I am facing here;

With his grip onto Samehada by the hilt, how does he complete the Snake handseal required for Earth Spear Technique. There was once a dispute regarding a matter like this and was resolved by Scary Yamato, here and so I await for your confirmation regarding this. In the possibility he does complete the handseal, the following is what I truly am concerned about.

I really don't see how he is dissipating Gallow's Frame by turning his skin into steel. From strangling him, yes. Protecting him from Crimson Needles, also yes but I don't see how activating a technique like Earth Spear will make Gallows Frame dissipate. It'll still keep him suspended in mid-air and away from me. Then after, like Teno said himself in the move, he becomes heavier due to the newly-acquired properties. We are in mid-air, becoming that much heavier will only make you go crashing downwards. With Gallows Frame still there and his weight pulling him down, great stress is cause at his neck. Or if Gallows Frame does break, I believe he goes crashing due to the weight.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue:
    Samehada is in one of my hands..... If you read it about 2 post ago.. It states. I grip samehada with one hand and position my other hand to the ground. Making it easy for me to do a handseal. Not to mention i would have more then enough time as the technique say.. experience members can easily counter before it finishes. or etc. And the steel body. Lets not forget that you are below me kinda. that would make me just launch down at you more. If anything my Earth, + Heavy body would break the wind noose. <==== thats how i see it. As for your needles. I interupted that move so that doesn't happen unless scorps deemed it does happen. :shrug:

Status
    Aug 2010
    Bored.

Link to Fight: [RP Tournament Round #2] Professor Sarutobi vs Serpent
    Issue: Stalling to Rank Up..
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Well, after I used Killing Intent on my opponent, He decided to spam his post count up for 3 days until he reached the next rank in the RP system, that way when he makes his reply. the effects of my Killing intent will be much less then what I had anticipated. I feel as though cheated because I would have never used Killing Intent if he was a higher rank. So, my question is. Is it okay to stall a match to spam your post count up to a higher rank in an Official Match? or Should it still have the same effect as it would when the move was made?

My opponent admitted to it in Both VM and in the fight thread itself..

VM's with Opponent: Here

Last edited by Serpent; 12-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Link to Fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...=1#post9493679
    Issue:timing of his counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: He waited for my clones to be made and travel and do what i said they did and then countered the lightning. Well my clone traveled and formed spikes to form behind him. If he waits to use the lightning rod, he won't activate his chakra shroud and he'll be impaled imo, if he uses his chakra shroud he gets hit with at worst a A or B rank lightning before he could activate the lightning rod. Idk maybe i'm missing something better to get it checked then not i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yūsuke View Post
    Link To Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=289796
    Issue: Improper counter
    Your Reasoning Of The Issue: There are two problems I am facing here;

With his grip onto Samehada by the hilt, how does he complete the Snake handseal required for Earth Spear Technique. There was once a dispute regarding a matter like this and was resolved by Scary Yamato, here and so I await for your confirmation regarding this. In the possibility he does complete the handseal, the following is what I truly am concerned about.

I really don't see how he is dissipating Gallow's Frame by turning his skin into steel. From strangling him, yes. Protecting him from Crimson Needles, also yes but I don't see how activating a technique like Earth Spear will make Gallows Frame dissipate. It'll still keep him suspended in mid-air and away from me. Then after, like Teno said himself in the move, he becomes heavier due to the newly-acquired properties. We are in mid-air, becoming that much heavier will only make you go crashing downwards. With Gallows Frame still there and his weight pulling him down, great stress is cause at his neck. Or if Gallows Frame does break, I believe he goes crashing due to the weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirabi View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: In my moveI stated I surveyed my area to see what my opponent was doing, when I di counter his lightning I was trying to time it to the point before his clone was able to do the C-rank Stone Spikes, If I missed time the technique,then the Chakra Shroud, that I aciivated the turn before my last would serve to protect me as it gives me defense against C-rank and below techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Kaos View Post
    Link to Fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=289931
    Issue: Invalid response/validity of counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: He mistook the effects of the Evil Eye jutsu as a genjutsu when the effects of the jutsu are very real, causing intense pain to his being and in the case of this specific jutsu, his mind, preventing him from movement for around 1 minute and 20 seconds, as per description. He also mistakenly refers to it as a dojutsu's ability or something along those lines, when it is simply chakra that causes intense pain to his mind and brain. By being incapacitated for this amount of time, he'd be unable to prevent the next incoming moves. Furthermore, if he were to find a viable escape, I used a fire jutsu at the same time as the Evil Eye jutsu (yin/yang ability to use two chakra natures simultaneously) to release a gigantic burst of fire towards him at high speeds or at least to my understanding the jutsu is very quick. He says he drops to the earth and then releases Nagashi, at which point I believe the fire would have reached him and the earth walls forming, though the Nagashi would surely break the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Link to Fight: Igneel vs Wesobi
    Winner:Igneel
    Link to convo: LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Your Reasoning of the issue:
    The tech is somehow instant, and so i have not come across the jutsu before, the only meaning i can give to it is genjutsu. And i said some about "if its a doujutsu or something but its not" meaning i can still be induced in a genjutsu with eye contact other than doujutsu.
    The jutsu saids incapacitate which means it paralizes me but i don't think it will stop me from molding chakra. Its effect is no different from genjutsu just that its real but a genjutsu also makes you think its real so someone can still do something about it.
    The Nagashi is an elemental chakra burst and would petrify the chakra and stop my pain, i could even think i broke out of the gen.
    He also didn't state in his move that the two moves are done the at the same time even if he has yin/yang, he has to state it.
    The fire is a stream and as he said, he cant make the earth while the fire is still proceeding.
    I could easily slip through the ground as seen in the anime "kakashi/naruto vs itachi" the fireball almost touch kakashi and he could still enter the ground.
    Don't know but i think my move is comprehensive enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Teno View Post
    Samehada is in one of my hands..... If you read it about 2 post ago.. It states. I grip samehada with one hand and position my other hand to the ground. Making it easy for me to do a handseal. Not to mention i would have more then enough time as the technique say.. experience members can easily counter before it finishes. or etc. And the steel body. Lets not forget that you are below me kinda. that would make me just launch down at you more. If anything my Earth, + Heavy body would break the wind noose. <==== thats how i see it. As for your needles. I interupted that move so that doesn't happen unless scorps deemed it does happen. :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    Link to Fight: [RP Tournament Round #2] Professor Sarutobi vs Serpent
    Issue: Stalling to Rank Up..
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Well, after I used Killing Intent on my opponent, He decided to spam his post count up for 3 days until he reached the next rank in the RP system, that way when he makes his reply. the effects of my Killing intent will be much less then what I had anticipated. I feel as though cheated because I would have never used Killing Intent if he was a higher rank. So, my question is. Is it okay to stall a match to spam your post count up to a higher rank in an Official Match? or Should it still have the same effect as it would when the move was made?

My opponent admitted to it in Both VM and in the fight thread itself..

VM's with Opponent: Here
    All checked

Status
    Jun 2011
    Luciano Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Crutch Kaguya View Post
    Anyway, I just wanted to quickly respond. Now to the main point of this post, too much shit has gone on, and though your check was somewhat helpful to me, since technically if my move was invalid his should have killed me.

So I'll accept the defeat.
    Link to the fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=289804
    Winner: Mathias

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    This user has no status.

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=291025
    Issue: Incorrect useage of Genjutsu: False Surroundings
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: The main issue is the way he describes the use of the technique. In his move, Toshiro says that he manipulates my sense of sight so that everything will look normal to me and that I won't notice his incoming attacks. He goes on to use his Fireworks technique and based on his explanation of the first technique I wouldn't be able to see them. However this is not the proper application of the False Surroundings technique. For one, the technique manipulates the area around us to change how it looks. That's how I believe it to work, it doesn't actually conceal by making something invisible but it changes the shape to make an object or whatever look a different way. On that note he wouldn't be able to make his fireworks invisible, he'd have to make them physically look like something else. Also, it's my understanding of the technique that it changes the current conditions of the terrain and not the conditions the terrain comes after the illusion has been cast. So wouldn't his casing the genjutsu and then using his fireworks be moot since he wouldn't be able to conceal the fireworks, which is a condition he creates after the illusion is cast? Finally, though not stated in the technique description, doesn't all genjutsu require a medium in order to be cast? Based on the context gen techniques need to have a medium whether it be hand seals, eye contact, motions of the body, etc. The only time where I haven't seen genjutsu cast without some sort of medium (False Surroundings being an example itself) is when genjutsu is descritly cast when the user is not in the line of sight of the caster, therefore the user would cast in secrecy. I may be wrong about that but I wanted to get clarrification.

I know that it's late in this round, in fact it ends tomorrow, though I began to get busy later on during the week and I waited a few days for Toshiro to even make the starting thread to begin with >_>

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=291025
    Issue: Incorrect useage of Genjutsu: False Surroundings
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: The main issue is the way he describes the use of the technique. In his move, Toshiro says that he manipulates my sense of sight so that everything will look normal to me and that I won't notice his incoming attacks. He goes on to use his Fireworks technique and based on his explanation of the first technique I wouldn't be able to see them. However this is not the proper application of the False Surroundings technique. For one, the technique manipulates the area around us to change how it looks. That's how I believe it to work, it doesn't actually conceal by making something invisible but it changes the shape to make an object or whatever look a different way. On that note he wouldn't be able to make his fireworks invisible, he'd have to make them physically look like something else. Also, it's my understanding of the technique that it changes the current conditions of the terrain and not the conditions the terrain comes after the illusion has been cast. So wouldn't his casing the genjutsu and then using his fireworks be moot since he wouldn't be able to conceal the fireworks, which is a condition he creates after the illusion is cast? Finally, though not stated in the technique description, doesn't all genjutsu require a medium in order to be cast? Based on the context gen techniques need to have a medium whether it be hand seals, eye contact, motions of the body, etc. The only time where I haven't seen genjutsu cast without some sort of medium (False Surroundings being an example itself) is when genjutsu is descritly cast when the user is not in the line of sight of the caster, therefore the user would cast in secrecy. I may be wrong about that but I wanted to get clarrification.

I know that it's late in this round, in fact it ends tomorrow, though I began to get busy later on during the week and I waited a few days for Toshiro to even make the starting thread to begin with >_>
    All checked

Status
    Jun 2009
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

Link to the fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=289794
    Issue: Past the dead line with no winner
    Your reasoning of the Issue: Apple pie

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

All checked. New round coming up

Status
    Oct 2011
    King of the North

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    After I create the cloud of spores, I see you erupting an earth spike to pierce your thigh. At the same time, I feel the familiar vibration near me (I'm of the opinion that 1 jutsu is enough too. Either way, the counter would be pretty much the same if you used two), knowing something is about to erupt. Having all my clones besides me, gives me a near-perfect defense against earth and earth-based elements, so, instead of worrying about that, I quickly preform:

( Ōdogen: Kurieitā no zen Shintō Gijutsu ) - Royal Domain Illusion: The Creator's All-Pervading Knowledge
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short-Long
    Chakra Cost: 40
    Damage Points: N/A
    This illusory technique is a rather unique form of Genjutsu, surprising in its efficacy.
    When the user has a clear view of the opponent ( or at least his upper torso ) the user casts an illusion where the opponent believes the user's body has dissolved into a flock of pure white swans. This is not the main function of the illusion. The actual function is that the opponents brain has a large amount of knowledge forced into it, as if it learned them automatically. This knowledge covers various and diverse subjects thoroughly unrelated to battling. The Genjutsu then automatically cancels itself.
    As a result, whenever the opponent henceforth seeks to attack or defend, his thoughts are swarmed with completely unrelated knowledge, making him have to focus for a while to perform his battling functions. This results in a lag of about four to five seconds in the opponent before he focuses enough to begin performing his techniques.
    Even if the illusion is broken, the knowledge is still retained within the opponent's mind. Therefore, unless the opponent uses a mind-wiping jutsu on himself, he will continue to feel these effects. The downside to this is that most mind-wiping techniques are not subtle enough and will also remove a good portion of his actual battle knowledge.
    However, the user can utilise this Illusion only once per battle. The user also has the ability to cast Genjutsu stopped for the same turn this is used, and the next two turns. The user's Taijutsu plummets drastically, falling to the level of a mere Jounin for five turns after.
    *Created by Emperor*

Casting the genjutsu right after the spikes, before you preform the handseal for the Shadow Clones. The huge injection of unrelated knowledge spams your head with rubbish, hopefully stopping you from even thinking about creating shadow clones, for you just know realized that there are at least 112 Fu's in Kumo born in the previous 5 years, and the last name of every one of them, which would be perfect because you also receive the knowledge of how to make hot chocolate, and the list of all ingredients that would go well with it, and could be picked on the Lightning Country, as well as the exact doses and the theoretical knowledge on how to divide the recipe in order to serve all people in Kumo, for the past 13124 seconds...... Which is about the number of stars you can see in from your house, called Anna, Sagitaurius, Octupus, Octupus 2, Marie, Raikage, Lightning Bolt, etc etc. Have you noticed how many hairs do you have in your body? They are 24535, 7 of which are longer than the others, they are in the frontal lobe, two at the corners of your head, 3 in the back. Speaking of back, the turtle can't get on it's back, or else it won't be able to resume it's normal position. The year of the turtle is the 4th after the ****, and the lion. Also today is Wednesday, and tomorrow is Thursday, and then is Friday, fun fun fun. And you just remembered, the names of all the Kages, of all the villages, and also the names of all the Daimyos of all the countries. Also the perfect remedy for fleas is just pouring vinegar on the skin and let it rest for 2 days and 3 nights. Of course all the books beginning with C on the library of Kumo are blacker than the rest.

Meanwhile, two of my clones, the one closest to me, punch through the spikes, growing dark fungus that net around it and consume them, making them crumble before they harm me.

And another clone, the one further right, uses:

(Masshuru-Muton: Shicchi no Ibo ) Mushroom Style: Warts of Mokele-mbembe
    Type: Supplementary/Attack
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage Poins: 40
    Description: The user creates a large amount of mushrooms throughout the ground/body. The user is able to grow both types of Alternative Release mushrooms described in the CE submission (Releasing Poison or Spores, which will grow into Main Release Fungus) or enhanced versions of any existing mushroom species in nature. Enhanced will mostly translate into stronger and faster acting Medicine or Poison, or stronger light, in Bioluminescent species.They won't have any added characteristic appart from those shown in nature, as such, they're not directly applied in battle, apart from the first 2 mentioned species.
    One species per usage, there can't be mixed usages.
    *After using this technique, one must wait 3 turns before using it again*
    *Description is in the CE submission*

Creating a large patch of standard alternative release poisonous mushrooms, which quickly begin spouting their poison, engulfing you in a poisonous cloud.

Speaking of which, there are 2452 species of birds in the Lightning Country, the blue heron, the white heron, the pink hero, which might just be a flamingo. You wouldn't know, you're too busy listing the boiling points of the first hundred of elements in the periodic table, as well as realizing all the combinations of abbreviations you can do to make all the sentences of your favorite book. Back on that chocolate thingy, what would they like to eat? You know that there are at least 14255 edible species of plants in the lightning country, two of which begin with the word blue. What else is blue, well, the whales, the birds, the sea, the sky, well, actually, the sky only appears blue, because of the way the sun reflects on the atmosphere. Which is also why the sea seems blue.

With the genjutsu, the spike counter and the poisonous cloud happening roughly at the same time, given they were done by independent users, they should all count as my "first" technique. They also happen before the shadow clones. The genjutsu would serve to halt their creations, and allow the poison cloud to do it's thing while you're lost in useless knowledge.

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292768
    Issue: her counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Well she had put me in a genjutsu, and i had countered by putting spikes through my leg and then creating spikes under her and forming them the same time her clones formed. I created both spikes in both areas simultaneously btw since We both agree that one move is necessary to this (one earth spikes jutsu) and so she would form her clones the same time, since they aren't poofed more like created lol. Since it happens the same time, the clones wouldn't know that the spikes were forming, and then i'd believe the spikes would quickly impale her from the back and underneath, too late for the clone to realize whats happening, much less do anything about it. The gist, i form spikes to break me out of the gen and impale her simultaneously, as her clones are being formed, so they wouldn't have any idea of what's going on, thus couldn't assist her in destroying them

And another thing, as I was countering her move, i was planning ahead in the fight, so i decided to read what other cjs she had (just to figure out what genjutsu was comng next ) and when i went to our fight, she hadn't posted a CJ thread in the opening post. Rules say both competitors must do so in their opening posts or they face disqualification. I knew that if I hadn't and her or someone else found out, i'd get disqualified immediately, so I have a feeling i must point it out.

Last edited by Better; 12-26-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292768
    Issue: her counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Well she had put me in a genjutsu, and i had countered by putting spikes through my leg and then creating spikes under her and forming them the same time her clones formed. I created both spikes in both areas simultaneously btw since We both agree that one move is necessary to this (one earth spikes jutsu) and so she would form her clones the same time, since they aren't poofed more like created lol. Since it happens the same time, the clones wouldn't know that the spikes were forming, and then i'd believe the spikes would quickly impale her from the back and underneath, too late for the clone to realize whats happening, much less do anything about it. The gist, i form spikes to break me out of the gen and impale her simultaneously, as her clones are being formed, so they wouldn't have any idea of what's going on, thus couldn't assist her in destroying them

And another thing, as I was countering her move, i was planning ahead in the fight, so i decided to read what other cjs she had (just to figure out what genjutsu was comng next ) and when i went to our fight, she hadn't posted a CJ thread in the opening post. Rules say both competitors must do so in their opening posts or they face disqualification. I knew that if I hadn't and her or someone else found out, i'd get disqualified immediately, so I have a feeling i must point it out.
    Checked

Status
    Sep 2010
    "Death intrigues me, Life
    bores me."

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292718
    Issue: Just want some clarification about time-frame and opponent's actions.
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: "So you are making your move even before my first action happened? I don't understand how its not breaking time-frame rule. In case my fire didn't happen, that doesn't change the fact that the flash bomb won't blow up. First you are not suppose to know its a flash bomb by just looking at the ball, it could be a smoke bomb and there is nothing in your move that described it was predicted as flash bomb which made you close your eyes. My point here is you are breaking the timeframe by performing Antlion before getting blind." - I wrote in a VM. That is basically what I want to confirm.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Jana is love. Jana is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzàrd View Post
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: "So you are making your move even before my first action happened? I don't understand how its not breaking time-frame rule. In case my fire didn't happen, that doesn't change the fact that the flash bomb won't blow up. First you are not suppose to know its a flash bomb by just looking at the ball, it could be a smoke bomb and there is nothing in your move that described it was predicted as flash bomb which made you close your eyes. My point here is you are breaking the timeframe by performing Antlion before getting blind." - I wrote in a VM. That is basically what I want to confirm.
    And what I replied, was that I first act, the moment he throws the flash bomb. I don't have to wait till it explodes before my doing, that would be the same as waiting for a thrown shuriken to drill into my body, before I could act. And for the me knowing it was a flash bomb - Well, I didn't. I described it as a spherical object, and the moment it goes boom, I close my eyes. That's a natural reflex when very sharp light suddenly appears in your eyesight.

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzàrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobi Gobletsson View Post
    And what I replied, was that I first act, the moment he throws the flash bomb. I don't have to wait till it explodes before my doing, that would be the same as waiting for a thrown shuriken to drill into my body, before I could act. And for the me knowing it was a flash bomb - Well, I didn't. I described it as a spherical object, and the moment it goes boom, I close my eyes. That's a natural reflex when very sharp light suddenly appears in your eyesight.
    Checked

Status
    Jun 2011
    Luciano Mansion

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292767
    Issue: His counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue: Utilized two lightning techniques as his first move. When my first move is spreading so are fuuin kanjis, which means the lightning affinity is sealed.

Status
    Mar 2011
    W.R.A.T.H

Link to Fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292809
    Issue: Validity of his counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue:He solidified his body with the Earth armor justu and I followed up by making a swamp under him.

As the ground softens and I begin to sink, I focus earth chakra throughout my body and merge into my armor, moving up as I do so. I come out of the top of the armor and just before it becomes submerged I push off the top of its head, jumping into the air.
    By making himself covered in rocks,he made himself very heavy,around 5-10 times his normal weight.The Swamp jutsu is pretty near instantaneous as seen in the manga/anime and would obviously take him by surprise.As such,he would sink the instant the mud forms leaving him no time to pull of a move like that.

Status
    Apr 2009
    We Do Not Sow

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Link to Fight:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292809
    Issue: Validity of his counter
    Your Reasoning of the Issue:He solidified his body with the Earth armor justu and I followed up by making a swamp under him.

By making himself covered in rocks,he made himself very heavy,around 5-10 times his normal weight.The Swamp jutsu is pretty near instantaneous as seen in the manga/anime and would obviously take him by surprise.As such,he would sink the instant the mud forms leaving him no time to pull of a move like that.

Even with the added weight it isn't instantaneous, though I will agree with would be fast. Hiding in Rock Technique doesn't require hand seals (none listed on description or wikia, none shown being used when Fuka uses it in ep. 60), only for me to focus earth chakra throughout my body. So its execution speed should be close to that of something like Nagashi, which happens very fast. Once I've done that I'm moving up through the stone armor while its moving down, which makes my movement through it very fast and all I do after exiting it (with my momentum already moving upward) is push of the top of its head.

While his move and my sinking is fast, my counter should be equally fast. It would be close, but I think its well within the realm of possibility.

For an example of seeing how quickly the technique can be used, watch from 17:30 - 18:00:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/naruto-sh...of-life-509888

It happens so fast that Naruto thought he hit her when really she merged with the earth below her.

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

All checked

Status
    Apr 2009
    We Do Not Sow

Link to Fight: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=292809

Issue: His defense and its ability to physically stop my attack.

Your Reasoning of the Issue: I don't argue that I'll be set ablaze, however, given the timing of the fire technique (starting 1.5 meters away) I don't see this happening until I reach him, and given that fire isn't a physical defense, I don't think it would stop me from punching him. I wouldn't really have time to change my course of action, so it would come down to whether I could punch through the fire or not, which given its intangibility shouldn't be a problem. My view is that I hit him as my armor gets lit on fire, preventing him from doing the remainder of his move, while I also can't do the remainder of my move.

So it would be my turn covered in fire as he staggers from the punches.