Page 5 of 5 « First 12345
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Proof of how Danzo was a disgrace to Konoha and Sarutobi:

The only thing I got outta this thread was remembering that Orochimaru was in root.

Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

Quote Originally Posted by The Scion of Hentai View Post
    The guy had many issues, the most obvious among those being an inferiority complex regarding Hiruzen and an almost obsessive desire to protect Konoha at all costs, but despite all that, he wasn't such a bad guy.
    Like earlier posts have stated, Danzo was and may remain the most realistic character in Naruto, someone willing to sacrifice the lives of a few for the greater good of the many.

I hate it when people keep saying that everything he did was for himself. Sure, he may have done some unnecessarily selfish shit in order to get to the Hokage seat, but overall, his motives have always been the safety of Konoha.
    * Killed the messenger frog during the Pain arc to ensure Naruto stayed away to prevent Pain from capturing him.
    * Black-mailed the orphanage chick into working for him again to find out whether Iwa was a threat to Konoha's safety.
    * Prevented his own ANBU from assisting in the defense of Konoha because he knew Tsunade would be able to protect it, even though mainly, it was for his own selfish purposes of attaining the Kage seat. Had there been any real danger, no doubt he would have acted.

That's the only things I could think of atm but I'm sure there's more.

Overall point is, sure the guy's a jackass, sure he's stepped over boundaries, but that's the kinda character Kishi made him to be, a focused protector of Konoha who did the dirty work from the shadows.

Also, for those who say that Hiruzen wasn't aware of Danzo's motives, you're all wrong. Hiruzen was more than aware of Root's existence and it's continued activeness. He also knew that Danzo was trying to take the Kage seat for himself but he didn't act on it, why? Because doing so would create strife within the ANBU and village plus, he knew that what Root was doing was essential to safety of Konoha.

As a character though, I still don't like him but I respect his goal of ensuring the continued survival of Konoha.
    He did everything for himself.. He already stated in the pain arc.. that the reason he didn't help was because he wanted to be Hokage.. He destroyed konoha.. he had connections with Oro. He was also working with Hanzo, the leaf's enemy.

See this is what I don't get.. you people say he isn't selfish.. yet WHY HASN'T HE SACRIFICED HIMSELF... He believes he is the savior of this world or something..He blackmailed a woman who chose to do good for orphans.. and instead of supporting the Hokage's decisions.. he went against them..

Hiruzen SHUT DOWN the Root.. The reason Hiruzen didn't do anything was because he didn't want to create it a big deal.. he was already past his prime. Hell..Danzo was scared of his affiliations with Orochimaru being found out.
    Even after Hiruzen shut it down, Danzo kept it going.

Sorry, but if you mean "real" as in he represents people like Stalin or Hitler.. then yes.. If you mean he represents our soldiers.. or Ninja of olden times then your wrong. Danzo didn't SELF-SACRIFICE... He sacrificed others. Thats the biggest difference between him and the ninjas of olden times.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthLover19 View Post
    Back in the day where the REAL ninjas existed aka shinobi. Danzo is the closest as it can get to that and that's how the real shinobi acts and would do anything for their hidden village but its true he was shown as a shitty character and that's how the true ninjas were. But naruto has different massages
    Ninjas back in the days weren't cowards.. nor did they let their fellow ninjas be killed. You should read old ninja stories. Danzo let his village be destroyed.. He was also suspected of having a hand in killing Sarutobi.. Real ninjas were loyal till the end. Not traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealSoul View Post
    KingHashirama you are a very naive person based on your post's.

OT: Danzo did what he thought was best for the village and even at that those were great decisions. The shinboi world is not a land of milk and honey, but a land of scumbags and savages with a bokeh of flowers.
    Sorry bud but you are the naive one. Do you have any idea how many people like Danzo exist in real life?. Come in all forms .. Terrorists... Corrupt politicians.. and etc. They have led this world down to path of destruction..

You keep saying the shinobi world isn't honey and milk..... well the thing is thats what many people have tried dieing to make.. and want to make it honey and milk. But people like Danzo, ex-Raikages.. and Hanzo and akatsuki don't let that happen.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Danzo is like the CIA of the leaf man

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealSoul View Post
    KingHashirama you are a very naive person based on your post's.

OT: Danzo did what he thought was best for the village and even at that those were great decisions. The shinboi world is not a land of milk and honey, but a land of scumbags and savages with a bokeh of flowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scion of Hentai View Post
    The guy had many issues, the most obvious among those being an inferiority complex regarding Hiruzen and an almost obsessive desire to protect Konoha at all costs, but despite all that, he wasn't such a bad guy.
    Like earlier posts have stated, Danzo was and may remain the most realistic character in Naruto, someone willing to sacrifice the lives of a few for the greater good of the many.

I hate it when people keep saying that everything he did was for himself. Sure, he may have done some unnecessarily selfish shit in order to get to the Hokage seat, but overall, his motives have always been the safety of Konoha.
    * Killed the messenger frog during the Pain arc to ensure Naruto stayed away to prevent Pain from capturing him.
    * Black-mailed the orphanage chick into working for him again to find out whether Iwa was a threat to Konoha's safety.
    * Prevented his own ANBU from assisting in the defense of Konoha because he knew Tsunade would be able to protect it, even though mainly, it was for his own selfish purposes of attaining the Kage seat. Had there been any real danger, no doubt he would have acted.

That's the only things I could think of atm but I'm sure there's more.

Overall point is, sure the guy's a jackass, sure he's stepped over boundaries, but that's the kinda character Kishi made him to be, a focused protector of Konoha who did the dirty work from the shadows.

Also, for those who say that Hiruzen wasn't aware of Danzo's motives, you're all wrong. Hiruzen was more than aware of Root's existence and it's continued activeness. He also knew that Danzo was trying to take the Kage seat for himself but he didn't act on it, why? Because doing so would create strife within the ANBU and village plus, he knew that what Root was doing was essential to safety of Konoha.

As a character though, I still don't like him but I respect his goal of ensuring the continued survival of Konoha.
    Quote Originally Posted by yuan of cruxis View Post
    He may have been corrupt, but he wanted to protect the leaf.
    Quote Originally Posted by always thinking View Post
    so he threatened to kidnap kids and steal money for his own gain, who doesnt want to kidnap a few children and make them into awesome ninja? 0.o
    Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    I think Danzo is a pretty cool guy. he does what needs to be done.... kinda like Hitler good man good intentions just ended less than satisfactory
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzimaki Akira View Post
    The only thing I got outta this thread was remembering that Orochimaru was in root.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincaocao View Post
    Danzo is like the CIA of the leaf man
    You should all read this:http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=283295

Page 5 of 5 « First 12345