Page 9 of 11 « First ... 567891011 Last»
Results 161 to 180 of 217
  1. #161
    Member Eldirian's Avatar
    Status
    Eldirian is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    44
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    I think all of these comparison thing is nonsense. Let's not talk about who of the Sannin are stronger. Let's talk about what are they capable of together. Personally I think that their combo Oro-Jiraiya-Tsunade could be beyond anything else. Imagine if they were still fighting together in a team after so many years, imagine that cooperation and experience. If they were united and fought the battles they fought seperately.

    Consider all of their feats together. I cant imagine any opponent that could stand against them except for Edo Madara and the Juubi.

    Make threads like Legendary Sannin trio vs Itachi+Sasuke and stuff :D
    Imagine the three of them fighting against 6 paths of Pain. Pain would shit his pants.

    Because only in unity it's their LEGENDARY power.
     
         
    Last edited by Eldirian; 12-01-2012 at 11:16 AM.

  2. #162
    Member Mystery God's Avatar
    Status
    Mystery God is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    236
    Location
    INDIA
    You will be the first to
    know.....
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by DrProof View Post
    Nah, it's easily debatable as to how Orochimaru>Jiraiya..
    Explain how Oro without edo tensei greater than Jiraya. Newcommers like us look up to you as inspiration, these rash comments don't suit u brother.
     
         

  3. #163
    Boss lmao234's Avatar
    Status
    lmao234 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    226
    Location
    At Hogwarts...
    Let's be FWIENDS!
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    By the logic in page 1, Tsunade is now the strongest of the original Sannin. Cos Oro got chopped up by ****** and is now living inside his head and Jiraiya died by Pein. So, yeah. (But Jiraiya was the strongest out of all. If Oro went against Pein he would die in 12 seconds)
     
         

  4. #164
    Senior Member roncato's Avatar
    Status
    roncato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,177
    Location
    Between Uzumaki and Uchiha
    `David.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Senpai1507 View Post
    I'm not very familiar with Naruto Stats Book but Kishimoto stated that Itachi and Jiraiya had best stats with would mean they were strongest.Besides me and J-man like ladies
    I agree with you, buddy! Jiraiya really was the most powerful Sannin.
     
         

  5. #165
    Boss lmao234's Avatar
    Status
    lmao234 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    226
    Location
    At Hogwarts...
    Let's be FWIENDS!
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Also Jiraiya actually got his powers through training and stuff and Oro did through experimenting. But bad guys will die.
     
         

  6. #166
    Horus's Avatar
    Status
    Horus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,899
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Help!
     



    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasuice View Post
    But we all know that's not true, as Tsunade is the weakest, Orochimaru has edos and 8 branches, and jiraiya has sm.
    listen if kishi said so, then you have no right to say who is the weakest nor who is the strongest. tsunade has regeneration so no one can kill her in battle
     
         

  7. #167
    Legendary Sannin Resurrected Orochimaru's Avatar
    Status
    Resurrected Orochimaru is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    970
    Location
    I wish I knew.
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    I personally think Orochimaru is the strongest of the three. If Jiraiya was able to use Perfect Sage Mode like Naruto though I think he'd be the strongest.
     
         

  8. #168
    Sennin edgarmagician's Avatar
    Status
    edgarmagician is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    408
    Location
    Konoha
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Jiraya is a beast and definately in my top 10. There is a reason why Kishi didn't revive him in the ninja war. He would have been too powerful for anyone but Naruto to handle.
     
         

  9. #169
    Boss lmao234's Avatar
    Status
    lmao234 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    226
    Location
    At Hogwarts...
    Let's be FWIENDS!
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    listen if kishi said so, then you have no right to say who is the weakest nor who is the strongest. tsunade has regeneration so no one can kill her in battle
    But Tsunade has a time limit for that (I think)
     
         

  10. #170
    True Shinobi Heroes New knight48's Avatar
    Status
    New knight48 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,130
    Location
    Some place very hot and humid
    Favorite Characters: Itachi
    Uchiha, Might Guy, Jiraiya,
    Minato, Young Obito, and
    Hashirama
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by New knight48 View Post
    dude im pretty sure the ONLY reason itachi told Kisame that if itachi fought jiraiya it would end in a stalemate was simply because he did not want to kill a legendary sannin, remember itachi loved the leaf villiage and always seeked to not fight. And even if he did believe that it would end in a stalemate, itachi is always overestimating his opponents and never gets caught off guard... Amaterasu,Tsukuyomi, and Totsuka blade all individually can kill jiraiya in a few seconds if itachi really wanted too... dude and we've seen enough of the third raikage for me to determine if he is stronger than jiraiya, unless jiraiya does the same thing naruto did by making the third raikage hit himself , thats the only way i see him winning. Also sasuke has pretty much surpassed itachi and if itachi is stronger than jiraiya its just simple common sense.
    Lmao you couldnt counter this post, this is the best educated guess as to why itachi said that and this paragraph counters this whole thread
     
         

  11. #171
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,119
    Location
    Miami FL
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Jariya tried to bring oro bac to the village -_- he lost the fight he said it himself he failed to bring orochimaru bac to the village

    Orochimaru is stronger then jariya healthy

    Not healthy oro =jaryia

    Oro doesn't just shit on jariya but its clear who's the stronger of the two js
     
         

  12. #172
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandomen123 View Post
    Jariya tried to bring oro bac to the village -_- he lost the fight he said it himself he failed to bring orochimaru bac to the village

    Orochimaru is stronger then jariya healthy

    Not healthy oro =jaryia

    Oro doesn't just shit on jariya but its clear who's the stronger of the two js
    There's no point in debating with them. They're blinded by " super gallant pervy glorious honorable Jiraiya".

    Some people won't even see Oro as the strongest simply because of how he acts.
     
         

  13. #173
    Academy Student
    Status
    Fomities is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    J-man rocks!!
     
         

  14. #174
    The Reaper's Rosary The Scion of Hentai's Avatar
    Status
    The Scion of Hentai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    380
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place...
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Jiraiya was a powerful shinobi and an amazing character, among my most fav Naruto character without a doubt.

    During his fight with Pain, there were instances which he could have used to flee and save his own skin, but he didn't. In order to gather as much information on Pain as possible, he fought till his very last breath.

    People underestimate him because he died against someone Naruto managed to kill butit's because he sacrificed himself in the first place that Naruto managed to win. That's a fact.

    And for all those using the whole 'Orochimaru's still alive and Jiraiya isn't' excuse, it's just pathetic. Unlike Orochimaru who actively researched on ways to prolong his own lifespan, going so far as to train his own little doppelganger in the form of Kabuto, Jiraiya never sought out immortality.

    Had he chosen to, he'd still be alive now, though it went against Jiraiya's character to use kinjutsu to prolong his own life. Like stated before, he could have run away from Pain, something Oro might have done (not an insult, just a fact derived from his character), yet he chose to sacrifice himself for the greater good, like a true shinobi who followed the Will of Fire.
     
         
    Last edited by The Scion of Hentai; 12-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.

  15. #175
    ϕ Final Getsuga Tenshou ϕ Xaviour's Avatar
    Status
    Xaviour is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,282
    Location
    ><> ♥ <><
    Martial Arts FTW
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    While none should argue against this man's prowess, there are still many who truly doubt him enough to not place him in "Top 10s" or even overlook him as perhaps a top-5 ninja. Here I will try to persuade you to believe that Jiraiya is in fact an absolute beast and eats up the comp any day.

    Taijutsu - While Jiraya wasn't exactly a hand-to-hand combatant, he could still go toe-to-toe with some of the greats. He is far from a Gai or perhaps Lee lvl of Tai, but he has been shown to hold his own. He was able to counter/stop attacks from the Giant Multi-headed Dog summon while gathering Sage chakra and he was able to toss a giant-sized snake a great distance w/o the help of Sage mode. While in Sage mode, his Tai was increased to deadly effect. He was strong enough to completely cave in the eyes of the Human Path with a simple kick and launching the body a good distance at the same time. He was able to launch an attack from a high vantage point before his sandals even hit the ground (which fell first).

    Genjutsu - It is true that this isn't his best area, however, he still had enough profficiency to know the counters of genjutsu and while in Sage mode (with the help of the 2 Sage frogs) a sound based genjutsu could be used to devestate the strongest of opponents. Now, you will say "wait, that was technically the frogs' tech". Well, that is true, but in a sense since they were apart of his Sage mode, then he could arguably be accredited with the tech. This is debatable though.

    Ninjutsu - Now this is hit creme-de-la-creme. Jiraiya was a master of ninjutsu. Putting to use an impressive offense of Earth and Fire to both trap and char his opponents with ease. His Transparent Escape Tech made him an impressive spy and aided him in his efforts against Akatsuki AND Orochimaru without the latter knowing he was on to them. He was a master at Barrier jutsu as well. He could release a barrier to find a camoflouged enemy, as well as, trap an opponent inside the belly of a frog and use it to his advantage. He could even turn his hair into deadly weapons or as a powerful shield.

    Toad Techs - Yes, he was called the Toad Sage for a reason. He could summon toads as large as Gamabunta and could summon the near-indestructible eso****us of a toad in which it will eat and dissolve his opponents with ease. The only survivors were Itachi and Kisame..largely thanks to Itachi's Amaterasu. He could also utilize their oil techs and use them for battle.

    Fuinjutsu - This was also a strong suit for J-man. He could overwrite a crude seal (by a prodigy, nontheless) and restore Naruto's natural chakra flow back to normal. He also altered Naruto's seal to it could supress the Nine-tails even further, thus protecting Naruto. Finally, he could seal something like Amaterasu and by effect, extinguishing the un-extinguishing flame.

    Senjutsu - Not much needs to be said here. He was a beast as a Sage. Still able to fight off Pain with 1 arm. G-status.

    Legend status - Jiraiya was such a beast Kisame and Itachi [B]refused[B] to battle Jiraiya. Itachi himself noting that the best they could do would be a stalemate, even with reinforcements. Kisame noting that Jiraiya was "on a whole other level". Pain, one of the most powerful ninja ever even stated that J-man would've won if he knew his secret. Jiraiya's stamina was so strong, we was able to do battle with Orochimaru (though Oro couldn't use ninjustu) with only 30% of his strength. He even took an outcast and slow-learner Naruto and made him into the ninja he was today. Not only through his mere physical accomplishments can we call him powerful. He held the term "powerful" through his words, as well. The first book he ever wrote led to #1 Naruto becoming more and more like the Sage, in philosophy, everyday #2 In the resurrection of countless Konoha shinobi. His book truly made the Child of Prophecy and will lead Naruto to create a world of true peace. All in all, Jiraiya should be considered nothing less of a legend status just shy of the Sage himself.
    Very good but you're missing one important point. Go back to after Itachi/Kisame's fight with Jiraiya.



    & Itachi could take him
     
         

  16. #176
    Boss lmao234's Avatar
    Status
    lmao234 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    226
    Location
    At Hogwarts...
    Let's be FWIENDS!
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldirian View Post
    I think all of these comparison thing is nonsense. Let's not talk about who of the Sannin are stronger. Let's talk about what are they capable of together. Personally I think that their combo Oro-Jiraiya-Tsunade could be beyond anything else. Imagine if they were still fighting together in a team after so many years, imagine that cooperation and experience. If they were united and fought the battles they fought seperately.

    Consider all of their feats together. I cant imagine any opponent that could stand against them except for Edo Madara and the Juubi.

    Make threads like Legendary Sannin trio vs Itachi+Sasuke and stuff :D
    Imagine the three of them fighting against 6 paths of Pain. Pain would shit his pants.

    Because only in unity it's their LEGENDARY power.
    True
     
         

  17. #177
    Senior Member Tazzilla88's Avatar
    Status
    Tazzilla88 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,271
    Location
    Cleveland
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    yeah... a heavily drugged 30% Jiraiya.. get your shit right.
    Find me a manga quote of this 30% you speak about
     
         

  18. #178
    Hero PureSkillz's Avatar
    Status
    PureSkillz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    655
    Location
    Canada
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Nah, he's definitely not top 5. He's strong but saying he's top 5 is fanboying.

    You might be able to get him in top 10, but he's most likely top 15 or 20.
     
         

  19. #179
    Senior Member roncato's Avatar
    Status
    roncato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,177
    Location
    Between Uzumaki and Uchiha
    `David.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    I don't give a **** what Pain said, he clearly was overrating Jiraiya.
    Jiraiya has no counter for CT.

    Do you also believe Jiraiya > Itachi and Kisame?
    Itachi said by himself that they would lost both against Jiraiya.
     
         

  20. #180
    Senior Member yuan of cruxis's Avatar
    Status
    yuan of cruxis is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,055
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jiraiya: The Most Powerful Sannin

    Orochimaru still holds the title of strongest sannin, sorry.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •