Status
    Jun 2012
    "You are my disciple so
    you'll inherit the power of a
    Sannin"

Re: Tsunade vs Gaara- The final debate

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Why do you need to limit Gaara?
    Because in the desert he is even stronger than Hashirama Senju.

Status
    May 2011
    Lêt thý wíll bë døñê

Thats not true. Gaara in the desert is not top 5 to top 7 maybe top 10

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Princess Tsunade View Post
    Tsunade > Susanoo, But Tsunade < Sand? She can easily break it.

The problem is what happens if the Sand overhelms her. Probably she can escape with her Slug.

Low diff? I hope you are joking. Neither of them can win low- mid diff.
    Whoa hold yours horses princess... Tsunade > Susanoo... I hope you joking..

Senior Member Izuna Kakashi Senju's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Gaara high diff.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

I hear often from people that Long range fighters defeat close range ones but their is math in this equation. Tsuande a Close Range fighter and Gaara a Long-Range fighter would make the battle a shorten Long Range. This equation has substantial evidence to confirm this. For Example, Deidara vs Sasuke. Deidara was a long range fighter and Sasuke was Close/Mid-Range fighter. Their battle was conducted in Long-Range but not to far from Sasuke's Reach[1]. Long-Range fighters shift their Range to being closer in order to increase the speed of their attacks to being fairly less dodge-able. Long range fighters have a tendency to want to be right out side their opponents reach[1].This makes them comfortable because they can not be hit but their attacks can still have speed[1]. Even when both Long-Range fighters Gaara and Deidara were in combat, Gaara stayed within a close enough range where as his attacks still had speed[1]. If a Long-Range fighter such as Gaara was to attack from Long-Range the distance has to be calculated. Great Distance=Great Time. It takes a certain amount of time to cover a certain amount of distance. Gaara attacking from a Long range gives Tsunade time to counter/respond. I could state my side on this battle if any would like.

Last edited by Microsword57; 12-01-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    z.z

Quote Originally Posted by Microsword57 View Post
    I hear offend from people that Long range fighters defeat close range ones but their is math in this equation. Tsuande a Close Range fighter and Gaara a Long-Range fighter would make the battle a shorten Long Range. This equation has substantial evidence to confirm this. For Example, Deidara vs Sasuke. Deidara was a long range fighter and Sasuke was Close/Mid-Range fighter. Their battle was conducted in Long-Range but not to far from Sasuke's Reach[1]. Long-Range fighters shift their Range to being closer in order to increase the speed of their attacks to being fairly less dodge-able. Long range fighters have a tendency to want to be right out side their opponents reach[1].This makes them comfortable because they can not be hit but their attacks can still have speed[1]. Even when both Long-Range fighters Gaara and Deidara were in combat, Gaara stayed within a close enough range where as his attacks still had speed[1]. If a Long-Range fighter such as Gaara was to attack from Long-Range the distance has to be calculated. Great Distance=Great Time. It takes a certain amount of time to cover a certain amount of distance. Gaara attacking from a Long range gives Tsunade time to counter/respond. I could state my side on this battle if any would like.
    Perfect. If my signature could take this many lines, i would quote this.

In my opinon Gaara wins this fight, but the above argument proves that long range fighters don't beat close range ones as a defined rule.

Disciple of Unorthodox Icelerate's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

I hear often from people that Long range fighters defeat close range ones but their is math in this equation. Tsuande a Close Range fighter and Gaara a Long-Range fighter would make the battle a shorten Long Range. This equation has substantial evidence to confirm this. For Example, Deidara vs Sasuke. Deidara was a long range fighter and Sasuke was Close/Mid-Range fighter. Their battle was conducted in Long-Range but not to far from Sasuke's Reach[1]. Long-Range fighters shift their Range to being closer in order to increase the speed of their attacks to being fairly less dodge-able. Long range fighters have a tendency to want to be right out side their opponents reach[1].This makes them comfortable because they can not be hit but their attacks can still have speed[1]. Even when both Long-Range fighters Gaara and Deidara were in combat, Gaara stayed within a close enough range where as his attacks still had speed[1]. If a Long-Range fighter such as Gaara was to attack from Long-Range the distance has to be calculated. Great Distance=Great Time. It takes a certain amount of time to cover a certain amount of distance. Gaara attacking from a Long range gives Tsunade time to counter/respond. I could state my side on this battle if any would like.
    I agree with your post although there are instances when a long ranged fighter will try to fall back as far as possible in order to win.

OT: Gaara wins high difficulty IMO.

Tsunade's regeneration will help her greatly but she can still be sealed or crushed completely. She is not fast enough to bypass current Gaara's sand defence but she could punch through although I think Tsunade's arm would get stuck inside the sphere. She could then pull it out before Gaara crushes it and even if he does, she would constantly be regenerating so Tsunade won't lose her arm that easily. It is debatable if Katsuyu's acid can melt Gaara's chakra infused sand defence but she can obviously use Katsuyu to escape sand tsunamis or sand coffin. The acid could easily melt regular sand although chakra infused sand is on a whole other level.

Other than that, Tsunade doesn't have much to beat Gaara with and eventually Tsunade and her slug will be overwhelmed with sand coming from all directions. Gaara could create an even stronger defence as the battle is prolonged so Tsunade's chances become slimmer since Gaara's offence and defence becomes more deadly as time goes on.

Last edited by Icelerate; 12-01-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    z.z

Quote Originally Posted by Icelerate View Post
    I agree with your post although there are instances when a long ranged fighter will try to fall back as far as possible in order to win.

That can only really apply to Jinton users and possibly Deidara due to the tracking nature of his bombs, otherwise a long ranged fighter would only serve to exhaust their chakra with assaults that can be evaded with ease.

Disciple of Unorthodox Icelerate's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Knight View Post
    That can only really apply to Jinton users and possibly Deidara due to the tracking nature of his bombs, otherwise a long ranged fighter would only serve to exhaust their chakra with assaults that can be evaded with ease.
    No, for instance, Temari's wind attacks actually become more wide spread at long range and I'm sure the same is true for Danzo as well.

Status
    May 2011
    Lêt thý wíll bë døñê

As you have said sasuke is also a mid-range fighter and he can fly, has many options to close the distance, tsunade's only way of winning is to punch gaara and she is not that versatile (atleast in fighting abilities) nor does she has the options to make the distance close enough to land a punch especially when gaara has full knowledge. These are not just long range fighters they can also fly. A long range fighter would beat a short range fighter on the average and tsunade can't outspeed or dodge the scale of gaara's attack.

Godaime Hokage
    Status
    Jun 2012
    "You are my disciple so
    Sannin"

Icelerate and Negative Knight: You two convinced me that Gaara can defeat the Hokage. Your arguments were reasonable.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelerate View Post

Tsunade's regeneration will help her greatly but she can still be sealed or crushed completely. She is not fast enough to bypass current Gaara's sand defence but she could punch through although I think Tsunade's arm would get stuck inside the sphere. She could then pull it out before Gaara crushes it and even if he does, she would constantly be regenerating so Tsunade won't lose her arm that easily. It is debatable if Katsuyu's acid can melt Gaara's chakra infused sand defence but she can obviously use Katsuyu to escape sand tsunamis or sand coffin. The acid could easily melt regular sand although chakra infused sand is on a whole other level.

Other than that, Tsunade doesn't have much to beat Gaara with and eventually Tsunade and her slug will be overwhelmed with sand coming from all directions. Gaara could create an even stronger defence as the battle is prolonged so Tsunade's chances become slimmer since Gaara's offence and defence becomes more deadly as time goes on.
    Nicely put. But what makes you think that tsunade can punch through Gaara's defense, Gaara's defense blocked raikage's kick easily when he was in v2 without the sand being rigid, so a fully formed rigid sphere will absorb the impact of tsunade's punch and nullify the attack.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

gaara high diff

plus lee said kimimaro was a taijutsu master and had no wasted movements and even he couldn't escape gaara's sand (remember this is only part 1)

Godaime Hokage
    Status
    Jun 2012
    "You are my disciple so
    Sannin"

Quote Originally Posted by Hafiz Dembos View Post
    Nicely put. But what makes you think that tsunade can punch through Gaara's defense, Gaara's defense blocked raikage's kick easily when he was in v2 without the sand being rigid, so a fully formed rigid sphere will absorb the impact of tsunade's punch and nullify the attack.
    Tsunade is physically stronger than A.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Icelerate and Negative Knight: You two convinced me that Gaara can defeat the Hokage. Your arguments were reasonable.
    Mine were too,don't you agree? Maybe i have been a little bit harsh.

Godaime Hokage
    Status
    Jun 2012
    "You are my disciple so
    Sannin"

Mine were too,don't you agree? Maybe i have been a little bit harsh.
    Yeah, maybe that was the problem xD

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

I can agree that Gaara wins with High Difficulty. Gaara has shown to win with the disadvantage. So even with Tsuande breaking through his sand he could still pull a win.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Tsunade is physically stronger than A.
    She is stronger than A but not by much. I am just saying that he can use his fully formed sphere to block tsunade since he only used flowing sand to block A and the sphere is by far stronger than the flowing sand.

Godaime Hokage
    Status
    Jun 2012
    "You are my disciple so
    Sannin"

She is stronger than A but not by much. I am just saying that he can use his fully formed sphere to block tsunade since he only used flowing sand to block A and the sphere is by far stronger than the flowing sand.
    Not much?
    A wasn't able to destroy Sasuke's Susanoo ribcage, but Tsunade destroyed Madara's Susanoo's ribcage easily. I think this is a significant difference.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

I can agree that Gaara wins with High Difficulty. Gaara has shown to win with the disadvantage. So even with Tsuande breaking through his sand he could still pull a win.
    She cannot break through the sand.