Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    So what is it? Why are so many people incarcerated? Is it really that hard to stay out? Sure, I've done a couple illegal things myself, but I'm not guilty because I wasn't caught...I wasn't caught because I was careful and smart...not that said things were even that bad really, just misdemeanors that didn't hurt anybody. I've never even seen the inside of a police car or even been pulled over.

    Really, why is it so hard for so many people to stay out of trouble? I haven't had any difficulty whatsoever. I guess I'm just trying to figure it out. Right now the criminal justive system is costing my country (USA) a whole lot of freaking money...I'm wanting to know how so many found themselves in such a situation.
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member metallica9565's Avatar
    Status
    metallica9565 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    GAI-ZILLA gonna rampage
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    because people dont use common sense!
     
         

  3. #3
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guarding House By Shotgun 3
    Days A Week. Guess Which Days.
     



    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Free food, lodging and you do not have to pay taxes. The people living outside pay it for you. Think about it.
     
         

  4. #4
    supreme being thesurvivor's Avatar
    Status
    thesurvivor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    3,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    fuk the police!
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    cause of rules, if there were no rules then they wouldnt be in jail/prison
     
         

  5. #5
    Ravager of Planets Lt Fresh's Avatar
    Status
    Lt Fresh is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where
    Posts
    2,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit back and just breathe
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Its more than just the people who got caught, sure some are stupid but thats not the reason they are in prison.

    -In the United States it would appear that we like to put people in jail because we can. For the simplest reasons we will rather throw someone in jail instead of help them.
    --For example: A drug addict, why toss them in jail. That won't solve the problem would it, instead lets use real resources.

    Jail should be used for people who have caused real issues like murders and such.

    We resort to prison far to quickly to solve issues. The prison system should be reformed, plus adding in the fact the prison is like a business now, the more inmates there are the more pay the prison gets from tax payers.

    -Its more than just the peoples fault, even though it would help if they smarter as well
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member Traffy's Avatar
    Status
    Traffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    1,127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itssupereffective
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Mostly drug related, such as marijuana possession. If weed was legalized then there would be a lot more room in our jails and overcrowding would hardly be an issue, just touching on the subject don't want to get into a debate about it.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    There's many reasons
    one important reason I thnk is because they put cops in school and you can get a ticket or go to jail for fighting
    Back n the day it was called hooky when you skip class now it's called class c misdemeanor truancy
     
         
    Last edited by rollin; 12-01-2012 at 04:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    Posts
    6,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Illegal things aren't illegal until you get caught. I guess people aren't good at being sneaky.
     
         

  9. #9
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    Free food, lodging and you do not have to pay taxes. The people living outside pay it for you. Think about it.
    *thinks about it* That's it...I'm going to prison.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Fresh View Post
    Its more than just the people who got caught, sure some are stupid but thats not the reason they are in prison.

    -In the United States it would appear that we like to put people in jail because we can. For the simplest reasons we will rather throw someone in jail instead of help them.
    --For example: A drug addict, why toss them in jail. That won't solve the problem would it, instead lets use real resources.

    Jail should be used for people who have caused real issues like murders and such.

    We resort to prison far to quickly to solve issues. The prison system should be reformed, plus adding in the fact the prison is like a business now, the more inmates there are the more pay the prison gets from tax payers.

    -Its more than just the peoples fault, even though it would help if they smarter as well
    I agree completely. It would seem that some manner of corruption is involved in the legal system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective View Post
    Mostly drug related, such as marijuana possession. If weed was legalized then there would be a lot more room in our jails and overcrowding would hardly be an issue, just touching on the subject don't want to get into a debate about it.
    Thank goodness marijuana is soon to be decriminalized...it's about damn time.
     
         

  10. #10
    Obito Uchiha Daryoon's Avatar
    Status
    Daryoon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You Are Madara
    Uchiha" ~ Madara Uchiha
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    Free food, lodging and you do not have to pay taxes. The people living outside pay it for you. Think about it.
    LOL. That sounds good. I might just.... Wait! You don't suppose to be saying that. Think of the children. Xd

    No one like the law and doing so rebellious acts are taken upon our streets and sometimes in our homes. We also have few that are unable to "survive" in our humane society and thus "find their way" by any means necessary. You than have those who do it just beause, or mental or psychology problems. It can't be helped.
     
         

  11. #11
    Kwalker394's Avatar
    Status
    Kwalker394 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In my room >_>
    Posts
    3,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is back and happy to be back
    ^_^
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Most people who are in jail that get out, do something to be put right back in. When someone spends too much time in jail/prison and they go out into the real world to fix their life can't make it and they go right back in because they get taken care of. Yes its jail but in their minds its easier *and just can't physically or mentally survive on their own* than making it in the real world and surviving on their own, so they go in and get fed, washed, books, education, etc.
     
         

  12. #12
    Satsui no Hado Gouki's Avatar
    Status
    Gouki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gokuentou
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    SWERVE!
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    we have people in jail for seemingly pointless stuff. A lot of the wrong place at the wrong time. Then corruption too, its like a holding ground for scapegoats (typically a minority in poverty) just to have someone to blame and get a story out. the penal system is a business and its leeching from the upstanding tax payer. Things that we the people need to see change are shot down by those we elect because it costs money for reform or change in general. People are far to impatient and only make decisions for today, rather than evolving for tomorrow and ignoring the cost it takes to get there.
     
         

  13. #13
    neilson's Avatar
    Status
    neilson is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Very close to your death
    Posts
    5,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    seems like i'm almost in a
    hapy place
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by metallica9565 View Post
    because people dont use common sense!
    thanks for stating this, things that shouldnt be done people do it out of desperation is that all???
     
         

  14. #14
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,865
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Because it's profitable.. especially to private owned prisons that are growing big rapidly in the U.S.
     
         

  15. #15
    Liverpool YNWA ~Shadowhunter Princess~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Shadowhunter Princess~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    eating ice-cream with Kakashi
    Posts
    7,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I got soul but I'm not a
    soldier" - The Killers
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Coz people don't know how to behave themselves :shrug:
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member NinjutsuSeeker's Avatar
    Status
    NinjutsuSeeker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    huh, another person who doesn't look at things from more than one perspective. Ok, so you say that your able to stay out of trouble, blah blah blah, yeah well not every one is you my friend. Not everyone has the life you have. Times are hard right now, and it is only going to get harder with the way this world is headed. People are desperate, scared, hungry, and when all that stress weighs on someone for long enough, they begin to think of things, sometimes bad things, to help fix their issues. You might never know but I man could have gotten arrested for robbery, but his motive was to get money to feed his wife and kids, or pay his bills so he doesn't get evicted. When it comes to survival, people do crazy things sometimes. Not saying any of this is right, and im not saying people always have noble reasons for the crimes they commit. So don't be so quick to judge a person, you don't know what trial God has decided to put them through.
     
         

  17. #17
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Lack of education, they get caught.
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    5,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    You say it's your country but do you work and pay taxes? If you do, then fine, but if not stop complaining about it because it doesn't effect you >.> But yeah, it's the police that arrest people for smoking a little dope or for having some coke in their bag. 70% of the 'drug dealers' that are banged up in prison in the U.S weren't dealing it, just using it for personal use.
     
         

  19. #19
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjutsuSeeker View Post
    huh, another person who doesn't look at things from more than one perspective. Ok, so you say that your able to stay out of trouble, blah blah blah, yeah well not every one is you my friend. Not everyone has the life you have. Times are hard right now, and it is only going to get harder with the way this world is headed. People are desperate, scared, hungry, and when all that stress weighs on someone for long enough, they begin to think of things, sometimes bad things, to help fix their issues. You might never know but I man could have gotten arrested for robbery, but his motive was to get money to feed his wife and kids, or pay his bills so he doesn't get evicted. When it comes to survival, people do crazy things sometimes. Not saying any of this is right, and im not saying people always have noble reasons for the crimes they commit. So don't be so quick to judge a person, you don't know what trial God has decided to put them through.
    Not true, most people go to prison for marijuana use or other such silly crimes. Very few in prison were just desperate; most robberies are committed by people that either wanted the rush, weren't happy with working their 9 to 5 all the time or just plain stupid and got roped into it by their friends. If you're having trouble feeding your family, the US pays people not to work, we're a socialist commie country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    Lack of education, they get caught.
    That's what I'm thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post
    You say it's your country but do you work and pay taxes? If you do, then fine, but if not stop complaining about it because it doesn't effect you >.> But yeah, it's the police that arrest people for smoking a little dope or for having some coke in their bag. 70% of the 'drug dealers' that are banged up in prison in the U.S weren't dealing it, just using it for personal use.
    Everyone that works pays taxes, I have to each year, what about you? O_o I'm also just wanting to know why it's so hard to stay out. Sure, I've smoked marijuana and even used to drive around with it which is stupid, but I never got caught because I was careful and I always made sure that it didn't look like I was dealing. There's a rule: don't break the law while you're breaking the law. In other words, if you have some ganja with you, you have to be extra careful not to do anything else because that's when they catch you.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    There are so many people in jail because jails exist. I support physical punishment. It saves time, money and young souls.
     
         

  21. #21
    Taka's comeback SasukeUchiha910's Avatar
    Status
    SasukeUchiha910 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Find me if u can
    Posts
    5,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~ shinji x asuka~ hopeful in
    evangelion 4.0 and lord sasuke
    indeed solo's
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by metallica9565 View Post
    because people dont use common sense!
    no..cops are ****
     
         

  22. #22
    Banned
    Status
    'Nāpalm is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gettin that Money
    Posts
    1,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules
     

    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    because people are becoming more ignorant
     
         

  23. #23
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Why are so many people in prison/jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by SasukeUchiha910 View Post
    no..cops are ****
    Looks like someone's going to go to prison one day... Let's try to have respect for the police, they risk their lives on a daily basis just to have punks spit in their face for protecting them.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •