Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    This user has no status.

Re: Christmas award? (:

I could say a thread that is open for a specified period of time might do the trick... if the Staff are willing. It would be pretty cool if you had to submit something Christmas-like about your area (Like a picture of your Christmas tree; your NB name would have to be written on a piece of paper and put on the tree too). Proper submissions would receive the award. It would require some effort on all sides and if the thread is only open for a day or less then it shouldn't be too many.

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sveti View Post
    I could say a thread that is open for a specified period of time might do the trick... if the Staff are willing. It would be pretty cool if you had to submit something Christmas-like about your area (Like a picture of your Christmas tree; your NB name would have to be written on a piece of paper and put on the tree too). Proper submissions would receive the award. It would require some effort on all sides and if the thread is only open for a day or less then it shouldn't be too many.
    I love this idea.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Waiting for life to shower me
    with awesomeness and some
    meaning.

There is nothing christmas like where I live. So I won't be able to participate
    That's my only problem with this suggestion.

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

I like this idea but like Anduril mentioned, the Xmas culture is not the same in every countries. For example, in my country which is multi-cultural, the Xmas festivities takes its peak only around the 22nd December or so. And I'm sure, every country diversifies itself in its own way. Like in some, it starts after Thanksgiving and so on...

The good thing about a treasure hunt or game or contest is that it'll mostly be about the Christmas spirit and not its celebration. A challenge/contest will lighten the fun, gifting and joyful mood; that is Christmas but not forcibly highlight its traditions or customs.

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    There is nothing christmas like where I live. So I won't be able to participate
    That's my only problem with this suggestion.
    There is something Christmas like in your area I bet, the christmas tree was just an example. I would say you can do anything, from dressing up, to drawing Santa Clause... As long as it has something to do with Christmas, and it won't cut anyone out, what keeps you from drawing Santa Claus or a Christmas Tree, as long as you sign it with your NB Name...

Status
    This user has no status.

You can make your own tree... lol. It doesn't matter if they celebrate where you do. Any winter festivity should suffice!

Status
    Mar 2011
    Waiting for life to shower me
    with awesomeness and some
    meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    I like this idea but like Anduril mentioned, the Xmas culture is not the same in every countries. For example, in my country which is multi-cultural, the Xmas festivities takes its peak only around the 22nd December or so. And I'm sure, every country diversifies itself in its own way. Like in some, it starts after Thanksgiving and so on...

The good thing about a treasure hunt or game or contest is that it'll mostly be about the Christmas spirit and not its celebration. A challenge/contest will lighten the fun, gifting and joyful mood; that is Christmas but not forcibly highlight its traditions or customs.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by -Severus Snape- View Post
    There is something Christmas like in your area I bet, the christmas tree was just an example. I would say you can do anything, from dressing up, to drawing Santa Clause... As long as it has something to do with Christmas, and it won't cut anyone out, what keeps you from drawing Santa Claus or a Christmas Tree, as long as you sign it with your NB Name...
    Yeah, the only thing people celebrate here is the new year eve lol
    You are right though

Status
    Nov 2012
    Holy butt

Sounds like a good idea to me :D

Status
    Oct 2012
    Been quite inactive...

Quote Originally Posted by dkdankong View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me :D
    Right?

Status
    Oct 2011
    #Status

An award is an award because it is deserved by achieving something, it would be worthless if it's simply a gift ~_~ there are other things, like last year everyone could modify the font and color of their usernames for a period of time

Status
    Apr 2011
    #panneverfails

I'm for a little hunt or something special resulting in an award, name color, or something for some fun, but we'll probably get what we got last year. Editing our name for like a week or day or whatever. We can't do little hunts due to the amount of members, I believe, sadly.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12