Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49
  1. #26
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    But did the judge say anything about the program that converts straight people gay? Because I have tickets to see Justin Bieber, I hope I can still go.
     
         

  2. #27
    Senior Member cptenn94's Avatar
    Status
    cptenn94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    I agree about the enviormental factors and other influences. That's what I really meant when I said people are born gay I guess. :ghehe:

    I have no idea as to how they think that this therapy would work....
    From what the method described i could do a better job of converting a gay man to be straight than them. But the law is unconstitutional. The people have a freedom to choose to go to this therapy and try to become straight if they choose to. Just as they have the freedom to stop the therapy anythime. The only law that shouldve been passed is that a person cant be forced to have the therapy.

    I think it is more the environmental factors(the environment the kid is raised in) that is the real influence of someone being gay or not. The hormone stuff is a much smaller affect. I wont go into detail.


    I personally think that the choice of some to be homo, is disgusting and wrong and unatural, but that they are free to do so.
    If someone chooses to be homo, then i wont hate that person, just dislike their choice. I will treat all people regardless of orientation and any other factors with love kindness and dignity. As a christian it is my job in life to try to follow the example of jesus as closely as i can. The crusades, and this speech of condemming people(homos included) to hell is agaist his teaching. He taught that only GOD will judge people for their actions. The true template that christians are supposed to follow is to be humble kind loving, and pretty much only the good things in humanity. He also taught that not everybody is perfect.


    The only reason i decided to state my opinion and belief is to show people to stop judgeing all christians in the same boat, and to understand basically what jesus taught. There are many out there that are wolfs in sheeps clothing, that claim they are christians, but do not in any way live the lifestyle they are supposed to. I am trying to simply seperate the bs stuff that is put on christians, from the true message of Jesus. My lifestyle is to live such a good life full of helping others and joy, that people will want to follow how i live. I will never force any of you to beileve what i do, but i ask that you guys simply respect my beleifs as i respect yours.


    Sorry for ranting.....but i felt it was neccesary.
     
         

  3. #28
    demon fang's Avatar
    Status
    demon fang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    But they're still people...so you wouldn't care if a straight kid was getting bullied either?


    I wouldn't be laughing if I were you....you get won't respect if you laugh at other people's comments...To me you don't seem like a respectful intellectual...I pity you...try to look at it from all sides.
     
         
    Last edited by demon fang; 12-04-2012 at 05:53 PM.

  4. #29
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    But did the judge say anything about the program that converts straight people gay? Because I have tickets to see Justin Bieber, I hope I can still go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger jack View Post
    I would feel sad about that. I know it is hard for you to understand but where i come from i always been told that gays dont deserve to live. Mine parents are really anti gay but since their opinion doesnt matter because the world is getting more and more pro gay I just don't care to have an opinion about them and i dont care about them. You wont see me going on the street getting mad about that gays have the right to be together. But I alsk would care if there were gay people getting killed because they are gay. They are as i said before religously and scientificly 'wrong' dont hate me now
    Loool. I'm not going to hate you. Your parents just raised you with some very....odd ideals.

    But to hate you because you have a different opinion than me? Nonsense. D As long as you haven't caused anyone any harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptenn94 View Post
    From what the method described i could do a better job of converting a gay man to be straight than them. But the law is unconstitutional. The people have a freedom to choose to go to this therapy and try to become straight if they choose to. Just as they have the freedom to stop the therapy anythime. The only law that shouldve been passed is that a person cant be forced to have the therapy.

    I think it is more the environmental factors(the environment the kid is raised in) that is the real influence of someone being gay or not. The hormone stuff is a much smaller affect. I wont go into detail.


    I personally think that the choice of some to be homo, is disgusting and wrong and unatural, but that they are free to do so.
    If someone chooses to be homo, then i wont hate that person, just dislike their choice. I will treat all people regardless of orientation and any other factors with love kindness and dignity. As a christian it is my job in life to try to follow the example of jesus as closely as i can. The crusades, and this speech of condemming people(homos included) to hell is agaist his teaching. He taught that only GOD will judge people for their actions. The true template that christians are supposed to follow is to be humble kind loving, and pretty much only the good things in humanity. He also taught that not everybody is perfect.


    The only reason i decided to state my opinion and belief is to show people to stop judgeing all christians in the same boat, and to understand basically what jesus taught. There are many out there that are wolfs in sheeps clothing, that claim they are christians, but do not in any way live the lifestyle they are supposed to. I am trying to simply seperate the bs stuff that is put on christians, from the true message of Jesus. My lifestyle is to live such a good life full of helping others and joy, that people will want to follow how i live. I will never force any of you to beileve what i do, but i ask that you guys simply respect my beleifs as i respect yours.


    Sorry for ranting.....but i felt it was neccesary.
    Same idea as what I said up there. ^^ Your opinion is appreciated.

    I also hate when people generalize, with any group.
     
         

  5. #30
    Senior Member Sasunarufan13's Avatar
    Status
    Sasunarufan13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In my own fantasy world
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    There would finally be a law that would prevent those stupid "therapies" (they don't even deserve that definition in my opinion) and then of course something like this happens *shakes head*
    If therapists are allowed to state their opinion on homosexuality (though they should be neutral considering their job) then why aren't people allowed to be gay without being told they need to seek treatment?
    Those people are hypocrits and I hope the law still passes because those "therapies" have caused a lot of people to commit suicide because they weren't allowed to be who they were.
     
         

  6. #31
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by demon fang View Post
    I wouldn't be laughing if I were you....you get won't respect if you laugh at other people's comments...To me you don't seem like a respectful intellectual...I pity you.
    His comment was very extreme and all I could muster is a laugh. I am sorry you feel that way about me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasunarufan13 View Post
    There would finally be a law that would prevent those stupid "therapies" (they don't even deserve that definition in my opinion) and then of course something like this happens *shakes head*
    If therapists are allowed to state their opinion on homosexuality (though they should be neutral considering their job) then why aren't people allowed to be gay without being told they need to seek treatment?
    Those people are hypocrits and I hope the law still passes because those "therapies" have caused a lot of people to commit suicide because they weren't allowed to be who they were.
    Yup. I also heard about a few suicide cases due to these therapies. But the ones I read were from parents forcing their children to go to these "therapy" sessions, and it ended up much worse.
     
         

  7. #32
    Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    Prime Rib is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    I do not believe in trying to force and turn someone from gay into straight, that is just wrong, but I also believe you are not born gay, i just think it has to do with Influnece around you
     
         

  8. #33
    Senior Member Sasunarufan13's Avatar
    Status
    Sasunarufan13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In my own fantasy world
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    His comment was very extreme and all I could muster is a laugh. I am sorry you feel that way about me though.


    Yup. I also heard about a few suicide cases due to these therapies. But the ones I read were from parents forcing their children to go to these "therapy" sessions, and it ended up much worse.
    I heard about those "therapy" sessions from a friend of mine who did a research paper on it for one of her courses. She discovered a professor who encouraged parents to force their children to go to those sessions and his "pride" subject, the one he claimed he turned straight again, committed suicide because he was depressed thanks to those sessions.
    I don't understand why people think they have the right to stick their noses in someone else's business. If some unknown guy is together with another guy, what effect does that have on their lives? None.
    So I really hope this law gets passed - it should have happened a long time ago already. And I thought my country was slow with some laws; at least here gay people have the same rights as straight people, including adoption and marriage (gay bashing could use more punishment though but they are working on that)
     
         

  9. #34
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Rib View Post
    I do not believe in trying to force and turn someone from gay into straight, that is just wrong, but I also believe you are not born gay, i just think it has to do with Influnece around you
    Agreed. :y
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasunarufan13 View Post
    I heard about those "therapy" sessions from a friend of mine who did a research paper on it for one of her courses. She discovered a professor who encouraged parents to force their children to go to those sessions and his "pride" subject, the one he claimed he turned straight again, committed suicide because he was depressed thanks to those sessions.
    I don't understand why people think they have the right to stick their noses in someone else's business. If some unknown guy is together with another guy, what effect does that have on their lives? None.
    So I really hope this law gets passed - it should have happened a long time ago already. And I thought my country was slow with some laws; at least here gay people have the same rights as straight people, including adoption and marriage (gay bashing could use more punishment though but they are working on that)
    The reason most people do so is because of religion (no offense to others). They like to blame gays for the problems in the world (see post above). Not saying that all religous people are like that though. ^^
     
         

  10. #35
    Senior Member Sasunarufan13's Avatar
    Status
    Sasunarufan13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In my own fantasy world
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    Agreed. :y
    The reason most people do so is because of religion (no offense to others). They like to blame gays for the problems in the world (see post above). Not saying that all religous people are like that though. ^^
    I don't care if someone is religious or not, but they should be able to use common sense and realize that gay people are the same as everyone else; the only difference being their orientation. I'm not saying all religious people are the same of course.
    I did hear though that California made a law that stated that schoolbooks had to include the accomplishments of gay people as well, but I don't know if that one passed or not. I read about it on another site but that was a few months ago already.
     
         

  11. #36
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasunarufan13 View Post
    I don't care if someone is religious or not, but they should be able to use common sense and realize that gay people are the same as everyone else; the only difference being their orientation. I'm not saying all religious people are the same of course.
    I did hear though that California made a law that stated that schoolbooks had to include the accomplishments of gay people as well, but I don't know if that one passed or not. I read about it on another site but that was a few months ago already.
    Yep I agree. A good example would cptenn94. He follows his religion but he doesn't go around hating gays, simply because his religion does not support homosexuals.

    I have never heard of that one.
     
         

  12. #37
    Senior Member cptenn94's Avatar
    Status
    cptenn94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    One last comment from me, a catholic. People often misunderstand what we are about and love to send massive amount of hate speech about us. Simply in my and all the actual people who follow jesus ALL agree that it doesnt matter what kind of person you are. Bullying and mistreating others PERIOD is wrong. Doesnt matter whether your white black blue brown pink or yellow, gay or straight. ALL people are to be treated with respect and dignity and love and kindness. As i said before i think that being gay is wrong and sick. But am i gonna treat that person any differently because i dont agree with their ACTION. NO i will LOVE the PERSON, And HATE the action. If i had kids and some guy mudered them, i would like to think that i would ask to have custody of the muderer, to try to show him/her the pain she caused, and to try to turn their life around(with a 1 time murderer, not a serial killer) i would try to forgive them and treat them humanly and help them to not suffer for a lifetime for a mistake they made.

    SImply put I will always do my best to treat others well, even though i may disagree, or hate their actions, i will never extend that to the person.
    I will still fight for what i think is morally right, and try to stop what i think is wrong, but i wont ever condemn someone for their actions, and i will try to treat people with dignity and love all along the way.


    If any of you think that christianity is no better than the radical muslims(terrorists) then i suggest you do your homework to really learn about the true message jesus taught(ie the ultimate thing he told us to do is to love each other.....love your enemies just as much as you love your best friends. Jesus did not preach any of the hateful things some christians spew(like when they condemn people to hell....that is only GODS decision)



    I apologize if it seems like i am preaching, but i am trying to simply change peoples opinon to understand what the true message of christianity is about. No matter what the branch the things i mentioned are all accepted by all denominations of chirstianity. It is only the individividuals that distort this, and dont reflect what they believe.


    I just typed this one because i felt i wasnt exactly clear with my previous post.
     
         

  13. #38
    demon fang's Avatar
    Status
    demon fang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    Agreed. :y


    The reason most people do so is because of religion (no offense to others). They like to blame gays for the problems in the world (see post above). Not saying that all religous people are like that though. ^^
    maybe I can respect you(smirks)...@IAmWumbo I don't believe what your saying plus you don't see me bashing at ya so respect Shinobi train's comment even if you don't agree....make your argument and prove it but, don't say its gay.
     
         

  14. #39
    Senior Member Sasunarufan13's Avatar
    Status
    Sasunarufan13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In my own fantasy world
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    Yep I agree. A good example would cptenn94. He follows his religion but he doesn't go around hating gays, simply because his religion does not support homosexuals.

    I have never heard of that one.
    Yeah, that particular newsbit is relatively unknown. The only reason why I heard about it, was because someone else posted about it on a forum I'm a member of. I don't know if the law is really followed or not though; since the article was posted, I don't think there have been any updates about it.
     
         

  15. #40
    demon fang's Avatar
    Status
    demon fang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    I'll say what ever I want, and on top of that me and Shinobi are actually a couple.
    Nice to know your an irrational intellectual....and couple really sure didn't seem that way...unless your messing with me.
     
         

  16. #41
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by cptenn94 View Post
    One last comment from me, a catholic. People often misunderstand what we are about and love to send massive amount of hate speech about us. Simply in my and all the actual people who follow jesus ALL agree that it doesnt matter what kind of person you are. Bullying and mistreating others PERIOD is wrong. Doesnt matter whether your white black blue brown pink or yellow, gay or straight. ALL people are to be treated with respect and dignity and love and kindness. As i said before i think that being gay is wrong and sick. But am i gonna treat that person any differently because i dont agree with their ACTION. NO i will LOVE the PERSON, And HATE the action. If i had kids and some guy mudered them, i would like to think that i would ask to have custody of the muderer, to try to show him/her the pain she caused, and to try to turn their life around(with a 1 time murderer, not a serial killer) i would try to forgive them and treat them humanly and help them to not suffer for a lifetime for a mistake they made.

    SImply put I will always do my best to treat others well, even though i may disagree, or hate their actions, i will never extend that to the person.
    I will still fight for what i think is morally right, and try to stop what i think is wrong, but i wont ever condemn someone for their actions, and i will try to treat people with dignity and love all along the way.


    If any of you think that christianity is no better than the radical muslims(terrorists) then i suggest you do your homework to really learn about the true message jesus taught(ie the ultimate thing he told us to do is to love each other.....love your enemies just as much as you love your best friends. Jesus did not preach any of the hateful things some christians spew(like when they condemn people to hell....that is only GODS decision)



    I apologize if it seems like i am preaching, but i am trying to simply change peoples opinon to understand what the true message of christianity is about. No matter what the branch the things i mentioned are all accepted by all denominations of chirstianity. It is only the individividuals that distort this, and dont reflect what they believe.


    I just typed this one because i felt i wasnt exactly clear with my previous post.
    Naw. You were perfectly clear with your first post.

    You may dislike an action of an individual, but just because of that action you won't hate them. D
    Quote Originally Posted by demon fang View Post
    Nice to know your an irrational intellectual....and couple really sure didn't seem that way...unless your messing with me.
    Nope, they really are.
     
         

  17. #42
    黄俊 Huang's Avatar
    Status
    Huang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    982
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read comicbooks for a
    living,.. Just sayin'.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    A federal judge has issued a temporary injunction on California's ban on "conversion" therapy -- a method some say can help turn a gay person straight.

    The first of its kind in the United States, the state ban was intended to prevent young people under 18 from undergoing the controversial treatment. It would have gone into effect January 1.

    The therapy techniques described in that lawsuit included having participants strip naked in group sessions, cuddling and intimate holding of others of the same sex, violently beating an effigy of their mothers with a tennis racket, visiting bath houses "in order to be nude with father figures," and being "subjected to ridicule as '******s' and 'homos' in mock locker room scenarios." Some psychologists insist conversion therapy is dangerous to patients, and say it simply does not work.

    U.S. District Judge William Shubb ruled Monday that the ban Gov. Jerry Brown signed earlier this year could offend the First Amendment rights of therapists to express their opinions about homosexuality. Three plaintiffs filed the suit, arguing that the ban was unconstitutional.

    The plaintiffs are a licensed marriage and family therapist who is also an ordained minister; a medical doctor and board-certified psychiatrist who works with people over 16 years old; and a man who was sexually attracted to other men but who wanted to practice conversion therapy to "help" men like him.

    Earlier this year, Brown tweeted about the measure to ban conversion therapy on minors.

    "This bill bans non-scientific 'therapies' that have driven young people to depression and suicide," the governor tweeted. "These practices have no basis in science or medicine."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The link to the article is here.

    :lmao: How do you guys feel about this? I believe that this "therapy" will only hurt the participants more in the end. And will in no way turn the homosexuals into heterosexuals. I also believe people are just born gay...and that there is no way to warp an indivual's sexual interest. But that's sort of a different topic....


    Good, I hope it gets banned! The more they ban these things, the better. It's all based in religious facism.
    And appearantly the way they treat these people is inhumane.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAhb4mQ6Pj0
     
         
    Last edited by Huang; 12-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.

  18. #43
    demon fang's Avatar
    Status
    demon fang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    Nope I'm not joking, we're seriously a couple.
    ........wow.
     
         

  19. #44
    Senior Member cptenn94's Avatar
    Status
    cptenn94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    Yep I agree. A good example would cptenn94. He follows his religion but he doesn't go around hating gays, simply because his religion does not support homosexuals.

    I have never heard of that one.

    Thanks:D although my religion is about loving others etc, and that is something extended to all humans, regardless of whether they are good evil etc....that is the ultimate message....so it isnt that i dont go around hating gays because my religion thinks it is wrong, but MY RELIGION ITSELF that tells me to not go around hating people who are wrong....it is not a individual thing itself that i do that, but rather the people that do otherwise, are misinterpretting the message.

    i have and will protest things that i think are wrong, but i will never hate someone for what they do or have done, will only hate the action....

    my religion also recognizes that NOBODY is perfect and that we are all sinners....as i quote" let the one who has not sinned throw the first stone" so it is not my place to say that a gay persons sin is worse than a liars sin, the judgeing of people is done by God, not man.


    i just wanted to make sure you realize that it is not me following my religion and not hating gays even though being gay is wrong, but it is my religion itself that tells me not to hate the gays even though i and my religion teach that it is wrong

    simply again it is my religion itself, not just me that tells me to not going around hating gays.....

    i just really want you people to recognize that it is the religion, not just me that believes it




    but im done with this thread now....not gonna keep ranting i just want to try to clear some misconceptions about catholism and christianity in general....(btw the only difference from catholism and the rest of christianity, is that we believe in more things than the rest of christianity.....other than that all christian denominations believe in the same thing)
     
         
    Last edited by cptenn94; 12-04-2012 at 06:22 PM.

  20. #45
    demon fang's Avatar
    Status
    demon fang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    I'm joking, I'm not dating him. I just like fcking with people.
    what the...DA HELL MAN NOT COOL!!!!
     
         

  21. #46
    Hemlock Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DWMA
    Posts
    16,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."


    "Peter."
     



    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    If gay people want to be straight and straight people want to be gay out of their own will than let it be, I don't care, but I wish the law and overly religious people would stay out of it. Just let people be happy. Forcing someone to "convert" is stupid. If they want to do so themselves, that's okay, but nobody should be forced anything.

    It's pathetic that its 2012 and still denying rights to people. I can't stand how we're still doing so, but atleast we're getting some progress and some states are making gay rights legal. You know, just normal human being rights. I could go into a rant because most of you know I'm very pro-equality, but I'm sure you all get my point.
     
         
    Last edited by Jack Spicer; 12-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.

  22. #47
    Banned
    Status
    Ritsu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang View Post
    Good, I hope it gets banned! The more they ban these things, the better. It's all based in religious facism.
    And appearantly the way they treat these people is inhumane.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAhb4mQ6Pj0
    That video is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptenn94 View Post
    Thanks:D although my religion is about loving others etc, and that is something extended to all humans, regardless of whether they are good evil etc....that is the ultimate message....so it isnt that i dont go around hating gays because my religion thinks it is wrong, but MY RELIGION ITSELF that tells me to not go around hating people who are wrong....it is not a individual thing itself that i do that, but rather the people that do otherwise, are misinterpretting the message.

    i have and will protest things that i think are wrong, but i will never hate someone for what they do or have done, will only hate the action....

    my religion also recognizes that NOBODY is perfect and that we are all sinners....as i quote" let the one who has not sinned throw the first stone" so it is not my place to say that a gay persons sin is worse than a liars sin, the judgeing of people is done by God, not man.


    i just wanted to make sure you realize that it is not me following my religion and not hating gays even though being gay is wrong, but it is my religion itself that tells me not to hate the gays even though i and my religion teach that it is wrong

    simply again it is my religion itself, not just me that tells me to not going around hating gays.....

    i just really want you people to recognize that it is the religion, not just me that believes it




    but im done with this thread now....not gonna keep ranting i just want to try to clear some misconceptions about catholism and christianity in general....(btw the only difference from catholism and the rest of christianity, is that we believe in more things than the rest of christianity.....other than that all christian denominations believe in the same thing)
    Yup it's a shame though, how a few bad apples can make so many people believe that everyone in a preconcieved notion that everyone in a particular group is bad.
     
         

  23. #48
    demon fang's Avatar
    Status
    demon fang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    I'm such a ****.

    heh...nice picture choice.
     
         

  24. #49
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Law banning gay 'conversion therapy' put on hold by judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    I don't see a problem with it. Who gives a damn. Either way I don't see what's the point or how people should really care for a such an act it's stupid. People have there own lives. So what? And for the record no one is born gay. Of that was the case then that's really stupid. And makes no sense. Really. People are born to like the same sex.
    This, except the part "no one is born gay".
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •