Disciple of Unorthodox Icelerate's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do people keep saying that Sakura can only use the seal every three years?

A lot of people have this misconception that Sakura can only access the Yin seal's power every three years. Not only is it illogical for Kishi to give Sakura a power up she can only utilize every three years but common sense dictates that once the seal has been formed, it is easier to maintain it.

Since the end of part one, Sakura has been slowly gathering the chakra to place inside her seal so a lot of the time that Sakura spent putting chakra into her seal was done when she was still pretty weak in comparison to now.

Since three years worth of chakra is a massive amount, it is highly unlikely Sakura can expend all of it in a short amount of time and as long as the seal remains, she can continuously put chakra into it to restore it.

If you have trouble understanding what I am saying, consider this following analogy. A car is designed, parts are gathered, put together and then sold. The car is driven, gets a bit damaged, runs out of gas and its wheels run out of air. Getting these problems fixed requires much less labour than manufacturing it thus the cost of repairing a car are usually a lot lower than its original sale price.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    People only Die Because They
    Accept Death as an
    Inevitability

Re: Why do people keep saying that Sakura can only use the seal every three years?

Cause they are stupid.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    My heart on my sleeve and the
    world in my hands.

Re: Why do people keep saying that Sakura can only use the seal every three years?

I totally agree with you. Most people who say otherwise are just bashing her character.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Tobirama, Obito, Nagato,
    Naruto, and Konohamaru fanboy.
    People who go against me are
    mere fodders in comparison.

Because that's what Sakura has done these past three years

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I haven't seen anyone say that...that would be redundant

At this point people are just looking for things to criticize about her, and doing a very bad job

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing to an infinite combo
    hurts :(

It's not illogical when you take in the fact that Shisui's eyes can only be used every 10 years.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy100 View Post
    It's not illogical when you take in the fact that Shisui's eyes can only be used every 10 years.
    Shisui's eyes hold a very OP genjutsu that had the potential to ruin all sorts of plot related devices if it didn't have a time limit. Sakura's Yin seal in comparison isn't that OP.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

They are just assuming that . no proof either way yet .

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Your analogy is true unless she DOES use all the chakra.
    /thread
    thread
    she can only hope to compete with naruto and sasuke if she goes ALL out

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am more than enough to deal
    with these bandits

Its Manga logic:
    Sakura saved up chakra into that seal for 3 years before using it right?
    So its safe to say, once that chakra runs out and it will, she will have to save up more chakra for a period of time. People assume that period is 3 years.

Turnt up king on NB. Prince Charles's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turnt up all day. So please
    refrain from getting in a
    debate with me!

it isnt illogical..

she took 3 years to store all the chakra?

if she uses up all the chakra it only makes sense it would take another 3 years to store up that same amount of chakra she used up.

either side could be wrong.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apple bottom jeans. Boots with
    the fur.

It depends if she releases the seal and uses it up all at once. Though I think after finally getting the technique, she won't have to wait as long to use the seal. Tsunade used up her seal at one point but later got it back if I recall correctly.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charles View Post
    it isnt illogical..

she took 3 years to store all the chakra?

if she uses up all the chakra it only makes sense it would take another 3 years to store up that same amount of chakra she used up.

either side could be wrong.
    She took three years to create an S ranked seal while she was still a mediocre unskilled ninja and store all that chakra into her forehead.

If she does run out of all the chakra, she already has the blue prints which she didn't have when she first created the seal so it won't take as long to create it. Also current Sakura has a lot more chakra and better chakra control compared to Sakura three years ago so restoring the chakra would take much less time.

Anyway, Sakura is supposed to eventually surpass Tsunade who managed to recreate the seal, after healing thousands of shinobi, in a few weeks tops. It wouldn't make any sense, manga context wise, that Sakura would still be stuck with a three year time period to recreate the seal.

Also some people say that Sakura has already lost all that chakra when she used her punch which is beyond illogical. My point is that in most battles, Sakura will only use a fraction of the chakra stored in her seal so restoring the seal to full strength would take much less time.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I totally agree.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tired ._.

Well its not like Sakura hasn't been using chakra. For example during sasori's fight it seemed to me that she went all out and was out of chakra. It would seem dumb to hold back chakra when you are in the brink of death since chakra will be useless once the user is dead. Even though Sakura is really good at controlling chakra the high level tech must cost her quite an amount of chakra. Maybe it won't take her another 3 years to replenish the seal but it will be quite an amount due to her chakra reserves being "normal". For example tsunade used her byakogou throughout madara's fight and it sort of ran out halfway. We all know how her chakra reserves must be immense due to being senju and uzumaki yet she ran out during the fight. Just my two cents. Nice thread and maybe the upcoming chapters will strengthen your thread.

Academy Student
    Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I got a much different impression than everyone. I thought she has been storing chakra for 3 years to make to create the seal and because she has been storing chakra she hasn't been able to use her full strength. I thought this was because she has been partitioning off a ton of chakra for the past 3 years to create the seal. Now 3 years later that the seal is finally complete and she isn't adding anymore chakra to it she can use her full strength and be a total BAMF. She isn't no expending the seals chakra obviously because she's not glowing like Tsunade did or seal didn't change or create more markings on her face (also like Tsunade) and she never said anything about releasing the seal. Plus if she did use the chakra in the seal it would also probably disappear eventually after using it. It's more of an emergency type thing in crazy long intense high level battles. I foresee her using it shortly lol. But I believe her current strength to just be her natural chakra usage. Sorry for the wall of text I just wanted to explain how I viewed it .

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as true
    peace,there is no such thing
    as hope and it's a biggest
    deception of all

cause they r idiots.
    what if for the first time even tsunade has to store the chakra for same amount of time.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

If she did expend it, she'll most likely take some time depending on the amount of chakra she gathers.

Not 3 years long. Dear god, that's retarded.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happily married to
    thatsAslap7. XD

Because they're haters that try to find shit to bash her about.