(all facts) Some idiocies I've reading and felt the need to correct.
Ok just to clarify some things that no one seems to be contesting:
- Not all Uzumakis in the manga have red hair, this is as stupid as it gets. The Name of the show is NARUTO who is blond of hair and is an Uzumaki! Nagato's father in the anime had his hair black, the mother had his hair red, so as in reality children get some traits from both parents rendering the hair colour as hint rather than a must as if the person is or is not from a certain clan.
- The So6P's clan or origin was not specified, but in no where is it stated that he had no place of birth or family. And as I think it would be a pretty important thing to tell if the sage was like a wonder who came into this world without a mother or father I tend to logically believe that he had parents. These parents as all humans ought to had parents of their own and so on. That defines a family which is a clan. Therefore the sage had a clan of birth, we simply do not know which was it. Most likely it no longer exists bu surely it did at a time. And the Uzumaki might just be it.
- The So6P was not the father of all shinobi, he was a priest that preached Ninjutso and taught it to all man kind, village by village, hence why there were so many different Ninja clans and villages at the time of Hashirama.
- The So6P did not create chakra, nor seals nor chakra manipulation and most likely he didn't creat Ninjutso either, he only preached it. The source of all of that was the Juubi. Most likely there were others at the time of the sage who practiced Ninjutso or other forms of chakra manipulation as well, i.e. the person who taught the So6P the basics as no one borns taught.
- On the same line of thought the only clans we can exclude from existing prior to the sage are the Senju and the Uchiha. The Uzumaki being related to Senju may or may not mean that they root from the same DNA pool. But it does not exclude that those roots might be more ancient than the Sage himself. I personally don't think this is the case but truth is I can't exclude that possibility based on the info the manga gives us, and so can't any of you.
Now as pure speculation, the Uzumaki clan was wiped out during the wars because people fear them. If some one would have found as Madara did the truth about the Senju and the Uchiha and the link between them and the Uzumaki, perhaps that link being that Uzumaki is the root of both clans then maybe that would explain why the clan was wiped out, so that a new Sage of Six Paths would not born naturally. This theory gains additionaly support by the choice of Madara to entrust his eyes to Nagato because he was an Uzumaki. If all Madara needed was an Uchiha or a Senju there were still some for the take back in Konoha, young ones that he could modulate, trick and educate towards becoming his servants and followers yet he chose an Uzumaki that could use all chakra affinities, something neither Madara nor Obito have shown to be capable of doing... Just some thoughts, mainly wild speculation but hey...
Tobi did turn out to be Obito, so anything is possible no matter how stupid it sounds!
Hope those five points were clarifying for you lot who has difficulties on figuring facts from speculation. If you agree on any of them feel free to post why.