This!!! And I'm not complaining lol!

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user doesn't need a
    status.

Re: Plot-no-Jutsu is Bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Not necessarily. It means there is a possibility you wouldn't think about.
    As simple as that.

Because people are simple-minded, mostly in VS threads (from where the PNJ thing started), and think that ninja x could end ninja y with one technique while in reality is totally different. Ninja y could literally have a surprise movement you wouldn't expect on.

It's purely perceptual thing.

Nothing more correct.
    Good point.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Who on this forum is a literature major or an author of any kind? I happen to be a writer and have a degree in English Lit so I know a thing or two about plot holes. The only plot holes I see in the manga are the Hyuga clan's Byakugan origin and why it hasn't been explained further, which isn't really a plot hole per say I just want Kishi to hurry the **** up and set things to right so I don't have to hear fan-boys saying crazy shit like Sharingan is superior (the only thing sharingan has on the Byakugan is an adeptness for genjutsu, other than that what do they have that's superior?), or that Madara "awoke" the Rinnegan.
    Plot no jutsu is just childish egotism and the people who use that excuse really piss me off! * storms off to write thread about the superiority of Byakugan and the impossibility of MAdara "awakenning the Rinnegan*

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Plot no Jutsu in fact exists. I agree it doesn't happen as often as people claim, but there were situations in which some characters survived situations of certain death without proper explanation or pulled a convenient new technique out of nowhere that is exactly what they needed to escape and/or accomplish X.
    One of the most infamous examples was the way Sasuke avoided being pulverized by Deidara's final blast. He was already stated to be nearly out of chakra, but he somehow managed to summon the most colossal snake of the world to protect himself with no problems, placed a Genjutsu on it and entered its mouth to protect himself, and he did all of that in the lightspeed because the explosion was already off.
    Another recent example was how Onoki wasn't killed when he tried to stop Madara's meteor. He flies into it and decreases its weight to zero avoiding a full-force impact, nothing wrong with that. But then Madara summons a second meteor that lands on the first one in full force while Onoki was still under it and he survives. Let it sink for a while, he was directly beneath it and survived a meteor wedge on his face, he should have been crushed like a bug, but he survives with just a wound on his forehead. Remember up to this point he was always portrayed as a frail old man with a back problem.
    I just cited two examples, there's more, but I think it is enough to prove my point. While some people have the annoying habit of pressing the PnJ button for trivial things and usually in situations it doesn't really apply, Kishimoto made actual uses of plot armor before. Is it bad writing? Yes, but just for a brief moment, even geniuses screw up sometimes, write themselves into corners and have to appeal. Kishimoto is not an exception, unless of course you want to view his work as completely flawless, which is just the opposite, but equally annoying, polar extreme of the hater.

Last edited by Shadow Abyss; 12-06-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

true man true,i salute you:ice:

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Uzimaki Akira View Post
    Who on this forum is a literature major or an author of any kind? I happen to be a writer and have a degree in English Lit so I know a thing or two about plot holes. The only plot holes I see in the manga are the Hyuga clan's Byakugan origin and why it hasn't been explained further, which isn't really a plot hole per say I just want Kishi to hurry the **** up and set things to right so I don't have to hear fan-boys saying crazy shit like Sharingan is superior (the only thing sharingan has on the Byakugan is an adeptness for genjutsu, other than that what do they have that's superior?), or that Madara "awoke" the Rinnegan.
    Plot no jutsu is just childish egotism and the people who use that excuse really piss me off! * storms off to write thread about the superiority of Byakugan and the impossibility of MAdara "awakenning the Rinnegan*
    Well done! Although the tread is about PlotnoJutsu which is just saying Shinobi X beat Shinobi Y just because of the Plot...otherwise Shinobi Y would've won....Like saying Naruto beat Pain because the Plot needs Naruto alive!

To what you said I agree! EXPLAIN THE BYAKUGAN! I'm hoping something good will be happening for Hinata soon XP
    And really the advantages over the Byakugan lie in two advantages....One is the Genjutsu aptitude, the Second is rediculous Ninjutsu bonuses (Amaterasu/ Susanoo)....

Technically though the Byakugan can see through Genjutsu (or at least Hinata can), but Against Amaterasu there is rotation and air palm....but it becomes a defensive game against Susanoo (unless the Byakugan can see its weak point...would be ironic if it was above the third thoratic vertabre which is the Byakugan blindspot ;P)!

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Memento Mori~

plot no jutsu= excuse fanboys use when then can't think of a real one. plus rep

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nah, it's real.

Sasuke vs Deidara.

Sasuke: Oh crap I'm out of chakra and he's gonna blow up everything within 20 km
    Deidara: *explodes*
    Sasuke: Somehow gains enough chakra to summon Manda (when huge summons take huge amounts of chakra), genjutsu's him with sharingan, and gets inside his mouth in less than a second..

Manda dies but is still in one piece, and Sasuke is alive?

That's plot-no-jutsu.

Last edited by PureSkillz; 12-06-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Amat Victoria Curam*

it does exist..

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    Not only that other people complain out certain characters they dislike and voided plot no jutsu to hide stuff that they don't know yet or clearly don't understand.

Example: Hinata coming to save Naruto from pain. Plot no f***ing jutsu!!!

A random fight occur near Orochimarus lair and randomly find a scroll which can win the war. Plot no f***ing jutsu!!!

Naruto clones defeating many powerful shinobi. Plot no f***ing jutsu!!!

Sakura and the Chiyo fight. Plot no f***ing jutsu!!!

Sasuke Vs Danzo! Plot no f***ing jutsu!!!

Obito Vs Konan. Plot no f***ing jutsu!!!

Naruto and Sasuke!!! Do I need to explain?
    Dude that is the plot. It is how the story progresses. You're getting all irate about the plot. It is how the story progresses. If you want to watch people just fight, throw on some MMA, if you want to read a good story with a good PLOT, then read Naruto. Otherwise, chill out and enjoy the story. I'm not even sure what you're mad about? Is it that the story is moving forward? Or that you like to throw PNJ around like a football.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Back

Uchiha Madara lol

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

100% agree. Pretty much every single instance in the story where someone cries "plot no jutsu" can be justified with actual logic if you give it about 5 minutes of thought.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.

Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTO View Post
    Dude that is the plot. It is how the story progresses. You're getting all irate about the plot. It is how the story progresses. If you want to watch people just fight, throw on some MMA, if you want to read a good story with a good PLOT, then read Naruto. Otherwise, chill out and enjoy the story. I'm not even sure what you're mad about? Is it that the story is moving forward? Or that you like to throw PNJ around like a football.
    Your did not read my post or acknowledge that I'm being sarcastic. Good try though. No I already know that.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Plot-no-jutsu also counts when people pull random unexplained techs out of their ass that turn the tide of battle at the last possible second..

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSkillz View Post
    Plot-no-jutsu also counts when people pull random unexplained techs out of their ass that turn the tide of battle at the last possible second..
    You do whatever it takes to survive.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Plot No Jutsu is for simple minded people who view the manga as to there own views.

It's stupid how people judge such things without looking at the big picture. And guess what even with this you will get morons who will bluntly say. Plot no jutsu exist I'm a fanboy! Well who cares. Let them continue there stupid fantasy on how of no jutsu controls Kishimoto and his way of making the freaking manga!
    it's stupid how someone writes like that still fail to understand

there =/= their

their
    THEIR
    T H E I R

@OP I agree, no such thing as pnj

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't **** wit me, you'll lose

PnJ is when the outcome or doing of something contradicts what was said in the manga.
    If Naruto is nearly out of chakra then creates 6 billion clones without a handseal in 1 sec...that would be Pnj.

Thing similar to this has happen. Someone tell me... can Gaara dissapear and create a clone without a handseal all at the same time and a blink of an eye like Muu???? I don't think so Gaara doing this I call......Plot no Jutsu.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So, Kakuzu losing to Naruto after he was 3v1ing Kakashi Choji/Ino isn't PnJ?
    Naruto managing to unlock 8-tails against Pain wasn't PnJ? Sorry, seems like it clearly is to me.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You do whatever it takes to survive.
    Izanami?

Sasuke vs Deidara?

Kimi dying of sickness seconds before winning?

☛✯#Ghoulsquad✯☚ SasukeUchiha910's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~TOKYO GHOUL,東京喰種~ FTW
    / Evangelion 4.0 in 2015 /
    Okitenemuru's manga is
    awesome/ its time to get busy
    / lord sasuke solo's

Quote Originally Posted by Vexorian View Post
    So, Kakuzu losing to Naruto after he was 3v1ing Kakashi Choji/Ino isn't PnJ?
    Naruto managing to unlock 8-tails against Pain wasn't PnJ? Sorry, seems like it clearly is to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PureSkillz View Post
    Izanami?

Sasuke vs Deidara?

Kimi dying of sickness seconds before winning?
    exactly

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here and there

You must be naive to think that plot-no jutsu doesn't exists. The whole story is based on a plot in which Kishi knows what's going to happen. The whole point of the plot is so that the main characters eventually come out on top of the antagonists despite all odds or whatever the usual cliche is.

PNJ is usually referred in VS threads where there are no storyline consideration that would be protecting the characters. This is how we assess Naruto rankings of top 10 or whatever. By your logic, Granny Chiyo and Sakura would be on top of Sasori in a ranking of powerful characters.

▓☆ The Oh' Flawless One ★▓ ' ~ Dantee ~ ''s Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whole squad on that real shit.

Quote Originally Posted by sG Taka View Post
    First of all, Madara and Obito already tried to take out four people with TTBs and continious TTBs yet, they failed. I think it will be hard to exterminate everyone based on what has happened in the manga.

Secondly, Madara and Obito are reffering to fighting the Alliance. Obviously they will not stand still and let the opponent attack, they must attack. However, if you understand the totality of the plot (EOTMP) you must realize that they will not kill everybody because there is absolutely no point in casting such an exhausting and complicated genjutsu on a few farmers and housewives.
    No they havent done anything with the Juubi since the alliance came. ALso The majority of people are not ninjas! They don't care about ninja world. They want to change to world for the better. Even if they exterminate all ninjas people will still fight and continue fighting.

And yes I know who they were reffering to. Which brings me back to my point that you are ggoing against manga facts.

★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sG Taka View Post
    Plot Protection or Plot-no-Jutsu (PnJ) does not exist in Narutoverse. Here are the main reasons as to why people claim Plot Protection or PnJ:
    • Their preferred character losses or is losing a fight.
    • The story arc of the manga is not going how they want it.
    • They can’t comprehend the totality of the whole plot.
    • They don’t account for character personalities and traits that do have an effect on the plot.

To give out evidence, here are some of the most recent PnJ claims I’ve seen, disproved. I will also include an example of what a real PnJ is. Do not reply if you did not read as I will not answer.

A Real Plot-no-Jutsu (non-existent):

Naruto is fighting Pain and is about to die. Suddenly, Sasuke comes flying in and both saves Naruto and defeats Pain. He explains that he had encountered and defeated Itachi, and decided to come back to the village to see how things were going. Once he came back, he saw the situation and came to Naruto’s aid because he unprecedentedly changed his mind set and goals.

Plot no Jutsus disproved:

1.“OMG dude the Juubi could just wipe out everyone in the battlefield and then Madara and Obito could win! LOL Kishi is a stupid writer; plot hole and PnJ are so annoying!”

• No, and the reason behind it is simple. Madara and Obito are alive and doing all that they have done to fulfill their only goal: Eye of the Moon Plan.
    • What is this? Also known as Infinite Tsukuyomi, the Eye of the Moon Plan is a very powerful genjutsu that can only be cast by the one who controls the Juubi. Its purpose is to entrap every living person in an illusion in order to make the world a better place by preventing war and hatred.
    • If they wipe out the whole Shinobi Alliance –taking note that already countless men and women have died as part of the war- the only people left would be elderly men, a few reconnaissance shinobi like Shikaku and Inoichi, and the children. Not worth the whole Eye of the Moon Plan, right? Exactly. Moving on.

2.“PnJ is so annoying! UGH KISHI WTF!?? Madara could just annihilate Naruto and the others so easily!”

• No, and again, the reason behind it is simple. You have to take into account that Madara has the attention span and attitude of a spoiled 5-year-old brat. This is why he fooled around with the Kages for I don’t know how many chapters before finally beating them. He also wants to toy around with the Juubi’s powers.
    • He tried to kill Naruto, Bee, Kakashi and Guy with many TTBs and Countless TTB’s but failed to do so. If you don’t like it, that your problem. However, it is not a plot hole or plot protection. That’s one of Madara’s weaknesses, his personality.

3.“Tobi could have simply kidnapped Naruto during the Uchiha Clan Massacre.”

No. Here are the reasons why:

• The UCM occurred shortly after Obito’s attack on Konoha with the Kyuubi. During this attack, he kidnapped Kushina and held baby Naruto hostage. He extracted the beast from Kushina and ordered it to attack Konoha. His plan ultimately failed because Minato defeated him and sealed the Nine-tails into Naruto. Obito retreated.
    • He re-appeared during the UCM; however, this time with Itachi. Itachi let him aid in his massacre if he accepted to leave Konoha and Sasuke alone, Obito agreed.
    • If Obito had tried to kidnap Sasuke, Itachi would have come after him. Something nobody wants. Secondly, if Itachi somehow failed, Hiruzen would have realized Naruto had been kidnapped and would have gone immediately just as Minato did. The reason being because the Jinchuuriki is a crucial aspect for the high-elite of any village. The common people might shun him away, but the higher-ups know that the Jinchuuriki is a powerful asset to the village’s protection and attack power during any attack or war.

Characters make mistakes, they have personalities which guide their actions and the plot has a storyline more than just senseless VS battle –that, in many cases, could never be carried out coherently as we think they would. If you believe in PnJ, you simple do not understand the manga in its totality.
    same goes to talk no jutso my friend

~ The God of High School ~ PrimeOfTheSixPaths's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Deidara vs Sasuke, Plot no Jutsu.
    Killer B vs Sasuke, Plot no Jutsu.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Plot-No-Jutsu is when the plot of a story saves a character from losing a fight they would have normally lost otherwise. There have been many examples shown, one of the most notable being the Naruto vs. Pain fight.