Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

SM Naruto vs. Pain Was a Fair Fight

I believe that Naruto vs. Pain was completely even fight. Why I think this boils down to one major thing: They both had some factor aiding them in the fight.

For Naruto: The list below:

* The Deva Path had to recharge his Shinra Tenshi/Bansho Tennin for 5 minutes.
    * Naruto had 3 SM clones waiting to be summoned from Myoboku.
    * Naruto had knowledge of Pain's powers thanks to Katsuyu.
    * (Later in the fight) Hinata jumping in and getting severly injured invoked the Kyuubi inside Naruto, breaking him from Pain's chakra rods.

For Pain: The list below:

* Pain is stronger than SM Naruto.
    * Pain had some knowledge of Sage Mode from his fight with Jaraiya.

So in a nutshell, Pain had the bonus of being stronger and Naruto had the bonus of having knowledge/a plan. Those two even each other out, making it a fair fight.

Also, just to note, there was no Plot-No-Jutsu in the fight at all. Some may say "Well FELCommentary, what about when the Deva Path couldn't move 3 feet to the left to dodge Naruto's Rasengan?" Here's how I see it. At that point in the fight, what was happening could have been an endless loop: Naruto using Kage-Bushin/Rasengan and Pain repelling them with Shinra Tenshi. Kishi had to end the fight somehow, so it wasn't really his fault :shrug:

Anyway, that's why I think Naruto vs. Pain is fair.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l

Re: SM Naruto vs. Pain Was a Fair Fight

I concur, but a lot of people are gonna flame.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Back

Your right

huge sakura & tsunade fan kooko's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sakura is sannin level shinobi

Somehow i think yes its fair

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree it was fair

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ariana Grande <3

Meh I disagree a fair fight is 1v1.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well u dont make it sound fair. Naruto has 4 advantages and pain has 2 and one of then is being stronger.

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was a fine battle. However the only shit that this battle get is that people infer that SM Naruto was stronger than Pain Rikudou and Nagato. Quite clearly that's wrong.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Pain didn't fight to kill ,but if he would have the fight would've been over instantly .

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto had tons of prep.nagato was already a little tired before fightining naruto

and also nagato was fightin to CAPTURE (not kill) naruto. Not really a fair fight

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by FELCommentary View Post
    I believe that Naruto vs. Pain was completely even fight. Why I think this boils down to one major thing: They both had some factor aiding them in the fight.

* (Later in the fight) Hinata jumping in and getting severly injured invoked the Kyuubi inside Naruto, breaking him from Pain's chakra rods.

So in a nutshell, Pain had the bonus of being stronger and Naruto had the bonus of having knowledge/a plan. Those two even each other out, making it a fair fight.

Also, just to note, there was no Plot-No-Jutsu in the fight at all. Some may say "Well FELCommentary, what about when the Deva Path couldn't move 3 feet to the left to dodge Naruto's Rasengan?" Here's how I see it. At that point in the fight, what was happening could have been an endless loop: Naruto using Kage-Bushin/Rasengan and Pain repelling them with Shinra Tenshi. Kishi had to end the fight somehow, so it wasn't really his fault :shrug:

So ****ing what? He's stronger so what? How is that unfair? He's naturally stronger, what does it have to do with fairness?

The only thing he had was little knowledge about sage mode and that's it, now on Naruto's side:

Pain was exahausted from his previous fights
    Pain wasted his chakra destroying the entire village
    He had Hinata and Kyubi saving his ass
    He had full knowledge on Pain abilities
    Pain wanted to capture Naruto, not kill him.

And even considering all of this, Pain still won at the end.

Fair fight my ****ing ass.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If you see it as an overall 1 vs 1 fight, it was very unfair to pain.

However, if you see it as reality is in Naruto, it wasn't a 1 vs 1 fight, since Pain fought entire Konoha before Naruto, thus he needed to use God realm to destroy Konoha, so he could fight Naruto alone. Thus there is no plot no jutsu in it, it is simply not a 1 vs 1 fight

Pain had knowledge of ma and pas abilities, not SM in general. That is why he wanted to get rid of pa, since they were quite knowledgeable. The rest of your arguments seem ok, but you as I said in the start, you can't say it was a 1 vs 1 fight. In fact Pain > SM Naruto in 1 vs 1, but it wasn't, and we hardly ever see 1 vs 1 in Naruto, but forums are full of fools that keep trying to make this sort of impossible comparison, which we will only see one time more in the entire manga

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by FELCommentary View Post

I have to disagree with you here. As talented and as powerful as Naruto is, at that time Pain was just on a whole other level. It wasn't just that Pain beat Naruto out right, he did it without the intent to kill him. Also remember that Pain had just massacred the entire leaf village single handed. Orochimaru needed the entire sand village and much preparation to do this, and he was still stopped.

Taking down a village by yourself is not a feat that should be ignored. Add to this the fact that after doing so, Pain still fought Naruto who is not only a Jinchuriki with massive chakra, but also possessed Rasenshurikan and sage mode as well as the majority of the strongest frog summons from Mount Myoboku.

Was it a fair fight? No not for Pain, for Naruto maybe, and even then I'm being lenient, because I don't think Naruto could have won even after he confronted Nagato in his hiding place.

We're talking about the closest living shinobi to come anywhere close to knowing the sage of six paths true power.