The Head of Inuzuka Clan kibainuzuka's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

Champions League: Round of 16 :)

What are your predictions about draw of Champions League Round of 16 ?

I would like those matches:

Juventus vs Valencia Juventus would win this
    Malaga vs Arsenal I would like to see what would do a surprise team like Malaga versus an not fully Arsenal
    Manchester United vs AC Milan Hope this will happen so we will crush Milan
    Dortmund vs Galatasaray Easy draw for Dortmund,I would like to see them in Quarter-Finals
    Schalke vs Real Madrid I like easy draw for Real M so they would qualify easy in Quarter-Finals,to have there best teams
    Barcelona vs Porto Barcelona easy
    PSG vs Shakhtar The Battle of Surprise!
    Bayern Munchen vs Celtic Munchen win it

Senior Member Ace of the fire fist's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    >

Re: Champions League: Round of 16 :)

Come on Arsenal!!

Status
    Nov 2011
    The Dragon of Dojima

sad thang that chelsea is out of the champions league T_T

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

i think you REALLY underestimate Porto, and PSG vs Shakhtar is easy for PSG at least from games i have seen in CL, you too underestimate Valencia and Schalke IMO

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

I've always been a Barcelona supporter from young age on.. With Messi they should be able to win the Championsleague.

altho I got sympathism for Juventus as well

not to mention borrusia dortmund is playing very good at the moment !

will be a very exciting championsleague year !!! :D

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post
    i think you REALLY underestimate Porto, and PSG vs Shakhtar is easy for PSG at least from games i have seen in CL, you too underestimate Valencia and Schalke IMO
    You really underestimate Shakhtar Donetsk PSG is overrated and not a very stabil team atm. In time, they will be dangerous.

As Manchester United supporter, I really hope for AC Milan. They doesn't seem very strong this year.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

haha, how arrogant can you manutd fans get. with your pathetic defence you shouldnt be confident about facing any team, especially not one that has trashed you throughout history. ac milan is the dark horse in this competition, never count us out.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

they forget about The EL Dude

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post
    Shakhtar will defeat PSG imo. PSG have defeated easy sides like Zagreb and Kiev and their sole good performance was the latest one against Porto. But not to forget, Porto gifted them the 2nd goal in this match and that in the first leg, Porto win with quite a dominating showing. Last but not last, PSG has been going through a terrible downward spiral in Ligue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Baka Sennin View Post
    haha, how arrogant can you manutd fans get. with your pathetic defence you shouldnt be confident about facing any team, especially not one that has trashed you throughout history. ac milan is the dark horse in this competition, never count us out.
    I'm not being arrogant but frankly, Milan v/s United in CL has become somehow like United v/s Liverpool. A prestigious fixture with lots of history but it remain United against an opponent who's a ghost of the powerful past.

And we all saw how the declining Milan (who got much worse this year) got English woes in the last years. They nearly threw a 4-0 lead against Arsenal last season and barely scrapped a lil' further. They got surprise-knocked by Spurs the season before and United trashed them 7-2 on aggregate in 2009/10 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    they forget about The EL Dude
    Yeah, he's exceptional and he's carrying Milan. Respect for him.
    But still, Milan is no more what it is.

---

On the thread, I'd repeat 2 thing I've said in Debates thread.

No.1

I'd say Barcelona, Dortmund and Bayern are equal favorites to lift the trophy. Bayern have a terrifying squad and are squashing the Bundesliga. Same for Barcelona with a rampant Messi. And Dortmund has been the most impressive team on the field with their teamplay right now in whole CL (yes, better than Barcelona for now due to much solid defence).

I'd bracket Madrid, United & Juventus as first-rate challengers to the above trio and to possibly clinch it. Madrid are still have the quest for La Decima as booster in this CL and as in this last 3 years, they do still possess the necessary squad to grab it. They do need to hit the right form physically and mentally (perhaps). United have weak spots; especially defensively but their never-say-die attitude and their will for revenge after last year's setback will delete their complacency in them and turn them (hopefully) into strong challengers. Juventus have been highly impressive to end up first after Norsjaelland shock result. They have shown interesting attitude and play for their return and I think, they'll be dangerous as the campaign will progress.

Milan, Arsenal & Porto have enormous CL culture and experience. Not sure if that can result in grabbing the trophy in May but it do state that we should always count on these teams.

Shakhtar, Valencia and Malaga are tricky opponents; with a definite style & squad; and can prove to be surprise packages.

Shalke and Paris have their chances due to finishing first in their groups but both need some polishing yet for CL stages.

I don't want to offend Celtic or Galatasaray fans but they look like the fillers right now. Both have fiery stadium support though, so any Pot 1 team can have a tricky hellish trip for the 1st Leg.

No.2

I'll be live-covering the draw for Knockout phases, so, all NB members and football fans can post their live-views with me (hopefully) on 20th December. And we'll decode the full 'true' (and not speculated) draw then.

And on my predicted matches, well, I'd like to see one big match atleast. So, it'll be interesting if one of the 'Winners' biggie (United, Bayern, Juventus) draw Real Madrid.

I'm getting a feeling we'll get an Arsenal v/s Barcelona...again.

PSG v/s Milan will be interesting - Return of Ibra and Silva

Shakhtar, Valencia & Porto remain highly tricky as I said above and any team who faces them, will need to be extremely careful.

The Head of Inuzuka Clan kibainuzuka's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Baka Sennin View Post
    let me just say one thing... van persie+rooney=death

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by kibainuzuka View Post
    let me just say one thing... van persie+rooney=death
    Their tandem still got room for improvement. Right now, it's working because of Rooney's will to drop into midfield and because both of them keep playing between each other (somewhat trial and error). There should come a time when they'll play less together but when most of their link-ups will create goal opportunities. Rooney always made players around him much better; be it CR7, Tevez, Park, Chicharito, Welbeck and now RVP. RVP is a world-class player; so their combo should 'hopefully' reach around CR7/Rooney combo level someday.

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

This year barcelona, real madrid, man utd and psg had a clear chance making to quarter finals.

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Their tandem still got room for improvement. Right now, it's working because of Rooney's will to drop into midfield and because both of them keep playing between each other (somewhat trial and error). There should come a time when they'll play less together but when most of their link-ups will create goal opportunities. Rooney always made players around him much better; be it CR7, Tevez, Park, Chicharito, Welbeck and now RVP. RVP is a world-class player; so their combo should 'hopefully' reach around CR7/Rooney combo level someday.
    For me, RVP is more like the old Thierry henry which luvs to cut inside and creating goals. Lets hope their pair will entertain us more soon.