View Poll Results: Katsuyu's usefulness from 1-10 ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 25.00%

1 12.50%

1 12.50%

0 0%

4 50.00%
    Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Que rico...

Katsuyu's usefulness ?

In a lot of debates revolving around Tsunade, I often state that her main weakness is the fact that her fighting style mainly revolves around Taijutsu, and can therefore often be countered by those who are fast enough to dodge it. Don't get me wrong, I think Tsunade is awesome and all, but because of this, I believe that she doesn't rank too high on the top shinobi list, or at least not as high as she could of her fighting style was more versatile.

However, one of the main arguments people come up with when arguing on Tsunade's side, is her boss summon, the slug Katuyu. Katsuyu does obviously have one of the highest endurance level of the characters in the Narutoverse, but am I the only one who thinks that apart from that, and the acid spitting obviously, she's kind of useless ? :shrug:

I mean, endurance is great and all, and so is acid, but I honestly don't consider her to be nearly as powerful as Manda and Gamabunta. I mean, Gamabunta can move fast, use elemental attacks and has swords ( so cool ) for example.

Honestly, am I wrong to think this ? :shrug: Is there something about Katsuyu's abilities I'm overlooking ? Feel free to comment your opinion on this. :D

Status
    Apr 2012
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

Re: Katsuyu's usefulness ?

I feel like katsuyu could become a pseudo-Susano'o in a way, by just taking tsunade inside of her and healing her at the same time while katsuyu fights by herself.

#LG
    Status
    Jun 2012
    'Sup? XD If you have time,
    check out my FF. Please xp PS:
    It's under my sig xp

well she can divide itself into thousands os small slugs that comunicate with each other mentally. plus each one as tremendous healing powers. so...

Status
    Nov 2012
    Happily married to
    thatsAslap7. XD

One of the most useful summons...

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Well in fairness Katsuyu had one fight...and has otherwise been used to spread intelligence as well as heal.

Her advantage in fights is that she doesn't have to stay as a large target...because she can split apart, she can disperse to dodge attacks aimed at her.

Yes, from what we know, acid is her only known attack...which in and of itself is usefull.

She can aslo telepathically communicate information between her split up parts

Her greatest ability is to basically absorb people into herself and heal them....going as far as apparantly being able to stitch people back together.

Katsuyu...like Tsunade herself, fills the role of a support based character in fights....Tsunade is a medic, and her Summon reflects that aspect of her. So in a fight, she doesn't really put out devastating techniques, but rather plays a defensive game that can allow the summoner to outlast opponents by being healed or saved from what would have been kill shots!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.

it'll be cool if she could fuse with katsuya or something like that ...

Status
    Aug 2010
    Diabolical

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    Well in fairness Katsuyu had one fight...and has otherwise been used to spread intelligence as well as heal.

Her advantage in fights is that she doesn't have to stay as a large target...because she can split apart, she can disperse to dodge attacks aimed at her.

Yes, from what we know, acid is her only known attack...which in and of itself is usefull.

She can aslo telepathically communicate information between her split up parts

Her greatest ability is to basically absorb people into herself and heal them....going as far as apparantly being able to stitch people back together.

Katsuyu...like Tsunade herself, fills the role of a support based character in fights....Tsunade is a medic, and her Summon reflects that aspect of her. So in a fight, she doesn't really put out devastating techniques, but rather plays a defensive game that can allow the summoner to outlast opponents by being healed or saved from what would have been kill shots!
    I say nicely put + rep it's not always about the flash!

Last edited by Black Adam; 12-09-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Help!

Katsuyu only had one SHOWN fight so we dont know much about her but only her acid spitting, healing capabilities and her extremely high endurance and also her splitting ability which she avoids damage, she is one of the most useful summons.

Status
    Feb 2012
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!

I use Katsuyu in fanfics as a way to hide Tsunade and trick her opponents. Tsunade probably has more slug summons anyway since she's the slug princess.