Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    The ghost of NB Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is online now
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where you aren't
    Posts
    23,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active
     

    Rep Question

    Um, this is more directed to those who control this website...

    like when you or someone gives some one else rep , where does that rep come from? does it come from your own bars and then given to them?

    please answer , as i've wondered this for a while now
     
         

  2. #2
    Nyanmaru's Avatar
    Status
    Nyanmaru is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Woods, staring at you.
    Posts
    8,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rep Question

    It does not come from your bars xD
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member -Frost Knight-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Frost Knight- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The guy on the roof....with a sniper on my hand saying:Hi
    Posts
    2,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O So can you stop stalking
    me now?
     

    Re: Rep Question

    No it doesn't take ur rep to give.....
     
         

  4. #4
    Bear fights can be grizzly saaaaaadpanda's Avatar
    Status
    saaaaaadpanda is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    A panda eats, shoots, and
    leaves.
     

    Re: Rep Question

    I'm not someone who controls this site, but I can answer. When you rep someone there rep is merely increased. It doesn't come from anywhere as it isn't a material thing. It doesn't get subtracted from your rep, but the amount of rep you have determines how much you can give. Why would you think it gets subtracted from your own?!
     
         

  5. #5
    The ghost of NB Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is online now
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where you aren't
    Posts
    23,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active
     

    Re: Rep Question

    Quote Originally Posted by saaaaaadpanda View Post
    I'm not someone who controls this site, but I can answer. When you rep someone there rep is merely increased. It doesn't come from anywhere as it isn't a material thing. It doesn't get subtracted from your rep, but the amount of rep you have determines how much you can give. Why would you think it gets subtracted from your own?!
    nah you explained what i was asking...

    sometimes when i want to give rep to someone but it says that i must spread around rep, and when i do that even the person who i wanted to rep , does not receive any rep because of the stupid message?
     
         

  6. #6
    Rojuro's Avatar
    Status
    Rojuro is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Making Waterballoon Boob's
    Posts
    11,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard
     

    Re: Rep Question

    :lmao: lol I'm sorry to laugh but it was funny
     
         

  7. #7
    ★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    u wanna die is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    parallel narutoverse
    Posts
    2,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rep Question

    i think your rep stays the same but you need a rep to give one.. maybe thats making you confuse....
     
         

  8. #8
    Anduril's Avatar
    Status
    Anduril is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...
     



    Re: Rep Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Usman View Post
    nah you explained what i was asking...

    sometimes when i want to give rep to someone but it says that i must spread around rep, and when i do that even the person who i wanted to rep , does not receive any rep because of the stupid message?
    That message stops you from repping the same person continously. So unless you have given rep to a certain number of people you cannot rep the same person again. I think the number of people you need to rep is 10 before you could rep the same person again.
     
         

  9. #9
    LssJBroly's Avatar
    Status
    LssJBroly is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steven O_O
     



    Re: Rep Question

    I think you are over thinking things.
    Giving rep does not effect how much rep you have. To give rep has no effect on your own rep whatsoever.
    The amount of rep you can give and take away is determined by the number of poss you have. I think rep power goes up 1 point every 2000 posts. (Not to certain but something like this)
    After you give out rep to someone you cannot rep them again for a while. This stops people abusing rep. For example, people could just continuously rep their friends, this sort of defeats the purpose of rep as it was gained unfairly. So to stop this, you must rep a certain number of different people before you can rep that person again. Furthermore, to stop you from spreading too much rep in one day to rep your friend again, there is another rule where you cannot give out any more rep for a while because you have given out too much reputation in the past 24 hours. So really these rules are in place to stop people abusing the system.
     
         

  10. #10
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.
     



    Re: Rep Question

    Quote Originally Posted by LssJBroly View Post
    I think you are over thinking things.
    Giving rep does not effect how much rep you have. To give rep has no effect on your own rep whatsoever.
    The amount of rep you can give and take away is determined by the number of poss you have. I think rep power goes up 1 point every 2000 posts. (Not to certain but something like this)
    After you give out rep to someone you cannot rep them again for a while. This stops people abusing rep. For example, people could just continuously rep their friends, this sort of defeats the purpose of rep as it was gained unfairly. So to stop this, you must rep a certain number of different people before you can rep that person again. Furthermore, to stop you from spreading too much rep in one day to rep your friend again, there is another rule where you cannot give out any more rep for a while because you have given out too much reputation in the past 24 hours. So really these rules are in place to stop people abusing the system.
    ^This. Thread closed.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •