Itachi's treatment by fans of Naruto really annoys me. To recall - this is the man who
1) Eliminated most of the Uchiha, men, women and children in a brutal genocide whose justification is quite tenuous
2) Brutally mindraped Sasuke
3) Brutally mindraped
4) Almost killed Sasuke (a stray shuriken or an attack that accidentally hit Sasuke MIGHT have actually killed him)
5) Is basically responsible for the way Sasuke is now
6) Asked Kisame to hack Naruto's limbs off
Now; if he were considered an idiotic well intentioned extremist, or even a lying villain - it wouldn't annoy me so much. But no, he's a "good guy". Just because Itachi wanted some good things to come out of it, and was willing to carry out Danzou's plan doesn't mean he was a "good guy". He really ought not to be given an omniscient morality license IMO.
What do you guys think?
Itachi = good or bad?