Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

It's not about what happened but rather how it happened.

Neji's death has been rushed and seriously if I weren't a mad fanboy I wouldn't have a care in the world about it. Why save him against Kidomaru if it's just to have him be as useful as a fifth wheel in Shippuden and have him die without any character growth and not showing us the extent of his abilities ? That's some serious BS. That's what saddens me more than his death. I would have accepted his death if it had had more meaning, more depth. He didn't deserve to go out without a bang Kishi, he just didn't

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    When people are part of a
    group...

Re: It's not about what happened but rather how it happened.

Yeah, true. Neji will be missed.

Status
    Currently in Ancrath with Amaimon shishou
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 3 rules of flow - Go with
    the flow - Merge with the flow
    - Disrupt the flow -

tbh its the same with most of k11 there were all really gd in part 1 and then part 2 they all get ignored completely ... it gives there deaths less of an impact aswell ... i mean i wouldnt be surprised if kiba got seriously injured next or choji who was also saved in the sasuke retrieval arc ...

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out

Being a fanboy (you said it yourself), you should know better then anyone the growth Neji has had over the timeskip. I'm not referring to his abilities but in terms of his connection to hinata and also to his clan. As he said in the latest chapter he was freed from his curse, Naruto and Hinata being a symbol of that freedom. That is why this was the perfect way for Neji to die - protecting that freedom.

I will agree that it was a tad rushed since Neji went from completely missing to dead in 1 chapter, but it was still a good death. Realising his fathers conviction to save his friends was the perfect icing on the cake....

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Seriously. K11 may be decimated now for all I care except for Shikamaru maybe. The Kakuzu arc was superb. Kishi chose to let K11 become some stupid lot of supporting characters without any devlopment whatsoever. That was a bad move

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

true.his death should have been more epic....i mean he died like he was fodder:mad:

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    always watching

Quote Originally Posted by raziel777 View Post
    Neji's death has been rushed and seriously if I weren't a mad fanboy I wouldn't have a care in the world about it. Why save him against Kidomaru if it's just to have him be as useful as a fifth wheel in Shippuden and have him die without any character growth and not showing us the extent of his abilities ? That's some serious BS. That's what saddens me more than his death. I would have accepted his death if it had had more meaning, more depth. He didn't deserve to go out without a bang Kishi, he just didn't
    It's kind of the whole theme of Shippuden.

In Part 1, it was the little things that mattered... Oro was the most powerful antagonist, and all that was at stake was Sasuke. So of course the characters who didn't have a bigger role to play were put on the backburner when the big players started coming out.

Now, as Shippuden comes to a close, the people Naruto had grown up with are now dying around him as the result of war. Not every character is entitled to as much "character development" as all the others... but Neji was as developed as he needed to be. The suddenness of his death shows how quickly things can change.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
    Being a fanboy (you said it yourself), you should know better then anyone the growth Neji has had over the timeskip. I'm not referring to his abilities but in terms of his connection to hinata and also to his clan. As he said in the latest chapter he was freed from his curse, Naruto and Hinata being a symbol of that freedom. That is why this was the perfect way for Neji to die - protecting that freedom.

I will agree that it was a tad rushed since Neji went from completely missing to dead in 1 chapter, but it was still a good death. Realising his fathers conviction to save his friends was the perfect icing on the cake....
    We pretty much haven't seen Neji at all in part 2, then all of a sudden he jumps out of nowhere and dies!? How is that a good death?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

@Gatsuuga
    What he said on his last breath was moving but what I meant is that all the character development you mentionned were known by the end of Naruto and the start of Shippuden. His character could have been developed beyond that but Kishi chose not to. Where's the Hyuga genius that was hailed by everyone ? All we had is the fact that he was made jonin and the improvement of his relation with the main family ( which was implied in Naruto ). That wasn't nearly enough. No fight at all.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Like Sawyer said Neji's character development was done in part 1.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Narubro View Post
    It's kind of the whole theme of Shippuden.

In Part 1, it was the little things that mattered... Oro was the most powerful antagonist, and all that was at stake was Sasuke. So of course the characters who didn't have a bigger role to play were put on the backburner when the big players started coming out.

Now, as Shippuden comes to a close, the people Naruto had grown up with are now dying around him as the result of war. Not every character is entitled to as much "character development" as all the others... but Neji was as developed as he needed to be. The suddenness of his death shows how quickly things can change.
    You know that's not true.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slash Mercilessly, Dig
    Tirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigete View Post
    Like Sawyer said Neji's character development was done in part 1.
    That's exactly the problem. Kishi did basically nothing with Neji ( and most of the K11 ) in shippuden. That's not how you treat your MAIN supporting characters, even more so when they mean something to your main character. What's the point of killing the most promising Hyuga like that ? I know and accept that his death is to further Naruto's development but Neji's shouldn't have been stomped on in doing so