Mother Nature

Re: Another plothole...

...plot hole?

/thread

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

I though it was because the amount of time since Madara dies. As the longer time that has passed since a person dies the more chakra is needed to revive that person. Nagato wasn't able to revive Jiraya since the amount of time that had passed. The fact that Nagato is a Uzumaki doesn't matter, as Obito is a Uchiha with Senju DNA so he Basically has the body of the sage, which is alot more powerful than Nagato's Uzumaki body.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Well Kishi is boss at PNJ

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    lol what about Kakashi's chunin exam in Obito's flashback?
    That is only contradicted by the databook regarding their age, but it's not really important, so can't cry about it. It will probably be changed in the next databook..

If you are talking about Minatos head at the hokage mountain, Kishi already said sorry, and that it was a mistake. Note what I said, "hasn't been dealt with".

Status
    This user has no status.

Whats with all the fckng noobs? So many people are saying uzumaki cuz kushina might have survived the extraction...wrong. Tobi just said being uzumaki means she managed not to die straight away she would 100% die later, noobs. It was stated in the manga that a jinchuriki has the bijuu extracted they die....full stop. Read the manga peeps.

OT: i think its a fair question to ask, the answer about the large time lapse of madaras death is logical but a bit of a stretch so no real answer to this. But, it is possible since all tensei need a sacrifice that konans knowledge was limited and that the user of this jutsu dies but the uzumaki answer given by others is bs.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has yo status.

Quote Originally Posted by Makz View Post
    In the Pain arc Nagato uses Rinne Tensei to revive all the Konoha victims. We see Konan thinking how doing the jutsu at his remaining chakra levels will kill him, implying that had he had more chakra he could have survived. Here's the page:

And this is what we find out in chapter 614. Obito says he will die if he tries to revive Madara.

Clear plothole. Konan implies Nagato would have survived and Obito says he would die. And don't start with the Nagato was an Uzumaki mumbo jumbo so he could have survived because Obito has Hashirama's cells.

Anyway, I made my point. Thanks for reading.
    Yes. It is because he is an Uzumaki. Uzumaki have strong life force's, and Senju have strong chakra's. There is a difference. Even though Obito has obtained stronger chakras, it doesn't mean he obtained the life force.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Not a plothole. Just turned out Konan didn't know how Rinne Tensei worked.

When will people learn a characters opinion about anothers jutsu is not the same as manga fact

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Well lets just put it this way, we don't know exactly how this Rinne Tensei operates. We can assume that the amount of chakra it takes is proportional to the number of years the individual is dead. If that is true, then even with Hashirama's Cells, Obito would die. Anyways, Nagato only revived a lot of people who were died very recently, of course Jiraiya cannot be revived because of several reasons:

-He was dead a little too long and he probably intended to revive whoever was recently deceased as it would take up less chakra
    -He was under the ocean at a depth that he could not be found or taken.

So we don't know anyways, and until it is confirmed we will never know for sure. So it's not necessarily a plot-hole because Kishi should have an explanation for it.

Status
    Jun 2012
    BEING ALONE IS BETTER THAN
    BEING WITH A WRONG PERSON.

I think Madara is planning on getting revived in Obito's body. That means Obito will use the Rinne Tensei jutsu on Edo Madara and himself and put Madara's soul in his own body. We got to see that Rinne Tensei Jutsu can bring back the soul from afterlife and resides in its particular body. But if the residing body does not exist anymore then the user must sacrifice himself to bring the required person back to life. Then in that sense, the Rinne Tensei Jutsu is the pure jutsu unlike Impure Resurrection Jutsu where a sacrifice of other living person is given to bring the dead back to life but not in a proper way.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Drawing stuff.

It's a fact that nobody who used Rinne Tensei in the series has ever survived, so we should be questioning Konan and her knowledge of the tech.

Status
    Sep 2010
    chillin

I don't get how anyone can consider this a plothole. The reason why Nagato was able to revive anyone at all was because they died recently. Obviously the length of time the person was killed also affects the chakra levels needed to revive them. We don't actually know what is required to revive someone who is not only long dead, but obviously has no body to return to. For all we know, Obito has to sacrifice his own living body for Madara's old body to even come back into existence.

I hope I made myself clear, but obviously the conditions that Nagato was under are completely different from the conditions we see now so there is no room at all to call this a plot hole.

Last edited by Floydical; 12-19-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Huh? I see no plot hole, Nagato was a Uzamaki, his chakara reserves were much higher than Obito.

I don't recall the manga stating that having Harishimas cells grants the user higher Charka reserves.

Also, lets assume he does have a higher chakara reserve, he is reviving a soul who has been long gone (16 yrs), maybe the amount of time the soul has been without a body dictates the Life\Death of the caster

Last edited by ObitobiLoL; 12-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

I think there are really only two viable theories. Possibly a mixture of both.

1: The sum of the people's age and or time passed since their deaths is then transferred to the user once complete. For example I am 25 years old and if I revive a ten year old boy, ten years are taken from my own, making me 35. Or that boy died 20 years ago, and by reviving him I become 20 years older. Making me 45. Or both combined making me 55. Assuming this is true, by reviving Madara, Obito would basically kill himself of old age. This could explain why Nagato's hair turned white and also since having an amazing life force was able to bring back so many before dying.

2: The chakra taken for the Jutsu is directly correlated to the age of the person being revived and time since death. Using the examples from above and basic percentages for easy math, if I revive a 10 year old boy that just died maybe it only takes 10% of my chakra. If I revive a 100 year old man that just died maybe it takes 100% thus killing me. If I revive a 10 year old boy that died 100 years ago it would take more chakra than I have. 110%. This could explain why Obito needed the Juubi in order to perform the Rinnei Tensei. It could give Obito the amount of chakra needed to bring Madara back to life, but he would still die from loss of chakra or old age.

I'm sure the math works differently than that but that was just for an example.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Obito stated that he had to throw away his life. That does not imply that every person who uses the Rinne Tensei will die. Nagato and Obito are completely different people. Nagato had huge chakra reserves, two eyes with the rinnegan...Obito does not.

Page 3 of 3 « First 123