View Poll Results: Was Rikudou Sennin the strongest?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he had it all and started it all.

45 78.95%
  • No, <insert favorite/alternative character>

12 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember this
    place..:suspicious:

Is Rikudou Sennin the undisputed, strongest ninja to have lived?

Before this chapter I was sure that Rikudou Sennin was the strongest ever Shinobi, mainly for the fact that Nagato, an insanely powerful top tier ninja in his own right and fellow user of the Rinnegan, admitted inferiority to this legendary ninja.

Naruto 439 page 08 | One Manga

It is said that the Rinnegan is the most powerful and revered of the 3 great Dojutsu's and granted the user the ability to use and master all six type of chakra nature manipluation (6th being yin/yang). Technically the user could use and create any technique that their skill level/imagination was capable of. Unlike the Sharingan and Byakugan, a user with the Rinnegan would have most likely fought with a unique style and not rely on the Dojutsu's set moves such as Gentle First, Copy jutsu etc. Even after being paralysed, Nagato was still able to adapt and use the Rinnegan's power to create the powerful 6 paths but still retained all their abilities as the host.

Rikudou Sennin was a priest and the first ninja of the modern world to discover the true meaning of chakra and created a religion that he spread across the world which was later known as the ninja arts. Rikudou Sennin had no ninja system or sensei to help him train unlike Nagato, yet he was able to able to fully master the Rinnegan abilities (Chibaku Tensei said to be as large as the moon). His influence and teachings made the sort of impact that changed the world forever and I think that speaks in volume of how much a genius he was, considering the desperate times and limited resources he had to work with. The fact that after 4 silhouette appearances in the manga we have yet to see his actual identity indicates a mysterious and powerful god-like entity reserved for the very top power-rank.

Naruto 373 page 03 | One Manga
    Naruto 425 page 09 | One Manga
    Naruto 446 page 10 | One Manga
    Naruto 462 page 12 | One Manga

With this recent chapter, I see Rikudou Sennin as having no rival power-wise and being far ahead of every ninja. A very,very long time ago, Rikudou Sennin was on his deathbed and decided to give the power of his Sennins eyes, chakra power and spiritual energy to the older brother who was the ancestor of the Uchica clan and gave his Sennins body, willpower(woF) and physical energy to the younger brother who was the ancestor of the Senju Clan, so that either one of them or both could achieve his goal of peace. Rikudou Sennin was able to specifically pick his own traits to give to his two sons whose descendants main fighting prowess and distinct styles derive from these gifts which shows that he must have excelled in all these fields if he had to decide what was needed to divide evenly. So unlike a crippled Nagato, I'd expect Rikudou Sennin to have the same stamina, determination and durable(taijutsu) shown by those with the WoF but also be able to counter any moves because of his mastery of the Rinnegan's charkra manipulation (ninjutsu) and spiritual energy(genjutsu). Basically Rikudou Sennin has the best of both worlds and if his DB stat's are ever revealed in the next DB I would expect them to be all 5+'s.

Also I think it's interesting that of all the shinobi in the ninja world, Madara and Hirashima's abilities to control and suppress tailed beasts were fairly unique considering they were 'fated' to continue the conflict. Other then the 4th Mizukage and Killer Bee, who were hosts, we have seen no one else able to bend the beast's will other then those two who happened to carry genes from the same source. I don't think it's far-fetched to assume Rikudou Sennin had the ability to control tailed beasts. I'd even go as far to say that Rikudou Sennin may have a connection to the tailed beasts considering that other then the Shukaku, who originated from the corrupt soul of a Suna priest(coincidence?), we don't have the origin of the other beasts. We know he traveled the world spreading his beliefs that later turned into Ninjutsu and the tailed beasts appeared long before the Ninja villages were set up, so time-line wise it's possible. Anyways maybe this is obvious now but Rinnegan needs more respect around here. What is your opinion?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Is Rikudou Sennin the undisputed, strongest ninja to have lived?

I dnt think so
    pain was the reincranation of him and got killed by naruto

I'm thinking the strongest is either the the 1st hokage hashirama senju or the 4th hokage naruto's father konoha's yellow flash Minato Namikaze or Madara Uchiha

Last edited by Zoldyck; 09-04-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ya that was a mega good read even though i knew everything you said xD haha. Was it my influence that you made this thread? I agree with thread and well people dont realise how powerful Rinnegan actually is.

He might have had a connection with the tailed beasts dont really know if he had or not but theres a big possiblity that he could control them

To Zoldyck

Pain sated himself that he couldnt use his powers like Rikudou Sennin. Hes the first person to use modern ninjutsu using chakra etc

Senior Member NineTailedSharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ya good Read but i think the strongest ninja's Alive were

-First Hokage
    -4Th Hokage
    -Madara
    -Sage Of Six Paths
    -TenTen ( LOL joke )

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldyck View Post
    I dnt think so

I'm thinking the strongest is either the the 1st hokage hashirama senju or the 4th hokage naruto's father or konoha's yellow flash Minato Namikaze or Madara Uchiha

4th hokage naruto's father is the same as konoha's yellow flash Minato Namikaze dude...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt View Post
    4th hokage naruto's father is the same as konoha's yellow flash Minato Namikaze dude...
    ya that's what I said the or was just a typing mistake, happens to me all the time :D

Last edited by Zoldyck; 09-04-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuki View Post
    To Zoldyck

Pain sated himself that he couldnt use his powers like Rikudou Sennin. Hes the first person to use modern ninjutsu using chakra etc
    ya the chibaku tensei pain created was the rikudou sennin's untilmate techniques and pain claimed that he used it to create the moon but he said it wasn't as big as the moon that he claimed the sage of the six paths created but I think the nine-tails would still destroy it, we dnt know for sure how strong the Rikudou sennin was but bot the first hokage and madara has his powers, according to madara in the latest chapter 462, the uchiha clan have the sharingan which is another type of the renningan and te senju clan had rikudou sennin's living power and since the 1st hokage was the strongest in his clan and madara is the strongest in his clan I think they might have surpassed the rikudou sennin himself

according to kakashi before knowing that uchiha madara is still alive and he uses a similar technique to Minato Namikaze's Flying Thunder God Technique, the only ninja who can surpass the fourth hokage in the world is naruto, and I think he ment that the 4th hokage was the strongest in the whole ninja world

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldyck View Post
    I dnt think so

I'm thinking the strongest is either the the 1st hokage hashirama senju or the 4th hokage naruto's father konoha's yellow flash Minato Namikaze or Madara Uchiha
    Pain just had Rinnegan, he didnt control it to best possible extent... When did naruto killed him...

Quote Originally Posted by NineTailedSharingan View Post

-First Hokage
    -4Th Hokage
    -Madara
    -Sage Of Six Paths
    -TenTen ( LOL joke )
    Wrong. When pain used Chibaku Tensei he said this is nothing compared to theMoon. So it is clear that, sage of six paths was stronger than pain. Dont use pain as scale to measure rikudou's strength.
    As what madara said in latest chapter. following can be inferred.
    Elder son got Eye techs and Spiritual chakra
    Younger son got physical chakra and will of fire.
    IMO This means uchihas and senjus had half power of rikudou. That I think answers the question. Rikudou was strongest of all....

Last edited by Orion; 09-04-2009 at 02:55 PM.

★The 13thSin Of Ignorance★ Armstrong's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    kill all fapboys who worship
    cartoon ninjas that dont even
    know they exist

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyria View Post
    Before this chapter I was sure that Rikudou Sennin was the strongest ever Shinobi, mainly for the fact that Nagato, an insanely powerful top tier ninja in his own right and fellow user of the Rinnegan, admitted inferiority to this legendary ninja.

Naruto 439 page 08 | One Manga

It is said that the Rinnegan is the most powerful and revered of the 3 great Dojutsu's and granted the user the ability to use and master all six type of chakra nature manipluation (6th being yin/yang). Technically the user could use and create any technique that their skill level/imagination was capable of. Unlike the Sharingan and Byakugan, a user with the Rinnegan would have most likely fought with a unique style and not rely on the Dojutsu's set moves such as Gentle First, Copy jutsu etc. Even after being paralysed, Nagato was still able to adapt and use the Rinnegan's power to create the powerful 6 paths but still retained all their abilities as the host.

Rikudou Sennin was a priest and the first ninja of the modern world to discover the true meaning of chakra and created a religion that he spread across the world which was later known as the ninja arts. Rikudou Sennin had no ninja system or sensei to help him train unlike Nagato, yet he was able to able to fully master the Rinnegan abilities (Chibaku Tensei said to be as large as the moon). His influence and teachings made the sort of impact that changed the world forever and I think that speaks in volume of how much a genius he was, considering the desperate times and limited resources he had to work with. The fact that after 4 silhouette appearances in the manga we have yet to see his actual identity indicates a mysterious and powerful god-like entity reserved for the very top power-rank.

Naruto 373 page 03 | One Manga
    Naruto 425 page 09 | One Manga
    Naruto 446 page 10 | One Manga
    Naruto 462 page 12 | One Manga

With this recent chapter, I see Rikudou Sennin as having no rival power-wise and being far ahead of every ninja. A very,very long time ago, Rikudou Sennin was on his deathbed and decided to give the power of his Sennins eyes, chakra power and spiritual energy to the older brother who was the ancestor of the Uchica clan and gave his Sennins body, willpower(woF) and physical energy to the younger brother who was the ancestor of the Senju Clan, so that either one of them or both could achieve his goal of peace. Rikudou Sennin was able to specifically pick his own traits to give to his two sons whose descendants main fighting prowess and distinct styles derive from these gifts which shows that he must have excelled in all these fields if he had to decide what was needed to divide evenly. So unlike a crippled Nagato, I'd expect Rikudou Sennin to have the same stamina, determination and durable(taijutsu) shown by those with the WoF but also be able to counter any moves because of his mastery of the Rinnegan's charkra manipulation (ninjutsu) and spiritual energy(genjutsu). Basically Rikudou Sennin has the best of both worlds and if his DB stat's are ever revealed in the next DB I would expect them to be all 5+'s.

Also I think it's interesting that of all the shinobi in the ninja world, Madara and Hirashima's abilities to control and suppress tailed beasts were fairly unique considering they were 'fated' to continue the conflict. Other then the 4th Mizukage and Killer Bee, who were hosts, we have seen no one else able to bend the beast's will other then those two who happened to carry genes from the same source. I don't think it's far-fetched to assume Rikudou Sennin had the ability to control tailed beasts. I'd even go as far to say that Rikudou Sennin may have a connection to the tailed beasts considering that other then the Shukaku, who originated from the corrupt soul of a Suna priest(coincidence?), we don't have the origin of the other beasts. We know he traveled the world spreading his beliefs that later turned into Ninjutsu and the tailed beasts appeared long before the Ninja villages were set up, so time-line wise it's possible. Anyways maybe this is obvious now but Rinnegan needs more respect around here. What is your opinion?
    a RINNEGAN FAN? FINALLY UR SOOOOOO RITE YO.....TO ME HE WAS THE STRONGEST.....EXCLUDING MADARA NAME A NINJA WHO SINGLEHANDEDLY TOOK DOWN A VILLAGE? PAIN WAS IN MY SIG......BUT THE PIC IS GETTIN RE SIZED

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

Quote Originally Posted by zoldyck View Post
    i dnt think so

i'm thinking the strongest is either the the 1st hokage hashirama senju or the 4th hokage naruto's father konoha's yellow flash minato namikaze or madara uchiha
    naruto didnt kill him.....he got nagato to change his ways and he revived the village for his life thats wat happened but 1st and 4th were really powerful too...
    Colonel thoughts...

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by COLONELJJ81 View Post
    a RINNEGAN FAN? FINALLY UR SOOOOOO RITE YO.....TO ME HE WAS THE STRONGEST.....EXCLUDING MADARA NAME A NINJA WHO SINGLEHANDEDLY TOOK DOWN A VILLAGE? PAIN WAS IN MY SIG......BUT THE PIC IS GETTIN RE SIZED
    when madara took down entire village...

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

Quote Originally Posted by shibuki View Post
    ya that was a mega good read even though i knew everything you said haha. Was it my influence that you made this thread? I agree with thread and well people dont realise how powerful rinnegan actually is.

He might have had a connection with the tailed beasts dont really know if he had or not but theres a big possiblity that he could control them

to zoldyck

pain sated himself that he couldnt use his powers like rikudou sennin. Hes the first person to use modern ninjutsu using chakra etc
    he didnt need to control them, he was makin a weapon stronger than them
    colonel facts...

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

ya the chibaku tensei pain created was the rikudou sennin's untilmate techniques and pain claimed that he used it to create the moon but he said it wasn't as big as the moon that he claimed the sage of the six paths created but i think the nine-tails would still destroy it, we dnt know for sure how strong the rikudou sennin was but bot the first hokage and madara has his powers, according to madara in the latest chapter 462, the uchiha clan have the sharingan which is another type of the renningan and te senju clan had rikudou sennin's living power and since the 1st hokage was the strongest in his clan and madara is the strongest in his clan i think they might have surpassed the rikudou sennin himself

according to kakashi before knowing that uchiha madara is still alive and he uses a similar technique to minato namikaze's flying thunder god technique, the only ninja who can surpass the fourth hokage in the world is naruto, and i think he ment that the 4th hokage was the strongest in the whole ninja world
    yea thats nice.....but could the 4th controll six/seven dead ppl? Could he revive ppl?did he extirpate a whole village? Was the 4th nagato's age and was he able to do the same things? Dont think so....i love the 4th but i think pain/nagato was ON THE SAME LEVEL AS FAR AS STRENTH GOES AND ABILITIES
    colonel THOUGHTS!!!

Last edited by Armstrong; 09-04-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

Quote Originally Posted by ssj4naruto View Post
    when madara took down entire village...
    i said excluding!!!!

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think u r right even those we aint seen him fight or anything I think he's the greatest Ninja of all time but Negato really made the rinnegan look weak he did not fulfill the true purpose of the rinnegan

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

don't think so, he just was some kind of founding father of ninja's. He was the first but that doesn't make him the strongest. From his bodies and eyes other clans began to evolve. Besides that Kishimoto likes to say: "the next generation will surpass the current one." Cavemen were first humans on earth but i don't think a caveman with a club will win against a soldier with a machinegun. Rikudou is acient he can't keep up with the modern ninja.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

i dnt think so

i'm thinking the strongest is either the the 1st hokage hashirama senju or the 4th hokage naruto's father konoha's yellow flash minato namikaze or madara uchiha
    plus they said that pain never lost a battle....i lost to naruto 1 time and then made ammends.....but hands down rikudou sennin was the strogest

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

Quote Originally Posted by valkyria View Post
    before this chapter i was sure that rikudou sennin was the strongest ever shinobi, mainly for the fact that nagato, an insanely powerful top tier ninja in his own right and fellow user of the rinnegan, admitted inferiority to this legendary ninja.

naruto 439 page 08 | one manga

it is said that the rinnegan is the most powerful and revered of the 3 great dojutsu's and granted the user the ability to use and master all six type of chakra nature manipluation (6th being yin/yang). Technically the user could use and create any technique that their skill level/imagination was capable of. Unlike the sharingan and byakugan, a user with the rinnegan would have most likely fought with a unique style and not rely on the dojutsu's set moves such as gentle first, copy jutsu etc. Even after being paralysed, nagato was still able to adapt and use the rinnegan's power to create the powerful 6 paths but still retained all their abilities as the host.

Rikudou sennin was a priest and the first ninja of the modern world to discover the true meaning of chakra and created a religion that he spread across the world which was later known as the ninja arts. Rikudou sennin had no ninja system or sensei to help him train unlike nagato, yet he was able to able to fully master the rinnegan abilities (chibaku tensei said to be as large as the moon). His influence and teachings made the sort of impact that changed the world forever and i think that speaks in volume of how much a genius he was, considering the desperate times and limited resources he had to work with. The fact that after 4 silhouette appearances in the manga we have yet to see his actual identity indicates a mysterious and powerful god-like entity reserved for the very top power-rank.

naruto 373 page 03 | one manga
    naruto 425 page 09 | one manga
    naruto 446 page 10 | one manga
    naruto 462 page 12 | one manga

with this recent chapter, i see rikudou sennin as having no rival power-wise and being far ahead of every ninja. A very,very long time ago, rikudou sennin was on his deathbed and decided to give the power of his sennins eyes, chakra power and spiritual energy to the older brother who was the ancestor of the uchica clan and gave his sennins body, willpower(wof) and physical energy to the younger brother who was the ancestor of the senju clan, so that either one of them or both could achieve his goal of peace. Rikudou sennin was able to specifically pick his own traits to give to his two sons whose descendants main fighting prowess and distinct styles derive from these gifts which shows that he must have excelled in all these fields if he had to decide what was needed to divide evenly. So unlike a crippled nagato, i'd expect rikudou sennin to have the same stamina, determination and durable(taijutsu) shown by those with the wof but also be able to counter any moves because of his mastery of the rinnegan's charkra manipulation (ninjutsu) and spiritual energy(genjutsu). Basically rikudou sennin has the best of both worlds and if his db stat's are ever revealed in the next db i would expect them to be all 5+'s.

Also i think it's interesting that of all the shinobi in the ninja world, madara and hirashima's abilities to control and suppress tailed beasts were fairly unique considering they were 'fated' to continue the conflict. Other then the 4th mizukage and killer bee, who were hosts, we have seen no one else able to bend the beast's will other then those two who happened to carry genes from the same source. I don't think it's far-fetched to assume rikudou sennin had the ability to control tailed beasts. I'd even go as far to say that rikudou sennin may have a connection to the tailed beasts considering that other then the shukaku, who originated from the corrupt soul of a suna priest(coincidence?), we don't have the origin of the other beasts. We know he traveled the world spreading his beliefs that later turned into ninjutsu and the tailed beasts appeared long before the ninja villages were set up, so time-line wise it's possible. Anyways maybe this is obvious now but rinnegan needs more respect around here. What is your opinion?
    this was posted to talk about who was the strongest...not to argue....so yes he was the strongest
    colonel facts

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

Quote Originally Posted by degrees View Post
    i think u r right even those we aint seen him fight or anything i think he's the greatest ninja of all time but negato really made the rinnegan look weak he did not fulfill the true purpose of the rinnegan
    explain.....so we can talk about this

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    know they exist

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka nara View Post
    don't think so, he just was some kind of founding father of ninja's. He was the first but that doesn't make him the strongest. From his bodies and eyes other clans began to evolve. Besides that kishimoto likes to say: "the next generation will surpass the current one." cavemen were first humans on earth but i don't think a caveman with a club will win against a soldier with a machinegun. Rikudou is acient he can't keep up with the modern ninja.
    you really do have a great point....reps!!!

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by COLONELJJ81 View Post
    explain.....so we can talk about this
    okay I dont think pain made the rinnegan weak but I just think he never tap into it fullly power not taking anything away from Naruto or Jiraiya I believe the Rinnegan hade a lot more tricks & I just dont think Pain hade fully mastered the rinnegan such as the moon he created a small 1 when I believe the six path sage can make a even bigger 1

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikaka Nara View Post
    don't think so, he just was some kind of founding father of ninja's. He was the first but that doesn't make him the strongest. From his bodies and eyes other clans began to evolve. Besides that Kishimoto likes to say: "the next generation will surpass the current one." Cavemen were first humans on earth but i don't think a caveman with a club will win against a soldier with a machinegun. Rikudou is acient he can't keep up with the modern ninja.
    Correct to certain extent. Kishis says "the next generation will surpass the current one." But no one is able to surpass 1st & 4th hokage or Madara.

Even in real world, einstein came b4 us. Do that means you or me is smarter than him...Even 2days scientists have hard time in understanding his theories.

But still I agree to what you say, He was the first but that doesn't make him the strongest. reps+

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

-First Hokage
    -4Th Hokage
    -Madara
    -Sage Of Six Paths
    The Sage of the Six Paths IS Rikudou Sennin >_<

Also, Colonel; is there anyway you can convey your thoughts without making twenty posts in a row?

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4Naruto View Post
    Correct to certain extent. Kishis says "the next generation will surpass the current one." But no one is able to surpass 1st & 4th hokage or Madara.

Even in real world, einstein came b4 us. Do that means you or me is smarter than him...Even 2days scientists have hard time in understanding his theories.

But still I agree to what you say, He was the first but that doesn't make him the strongest. reps+
    If todays scientists are having trouble understanding Einsteins theories, maybe he wasn't so smart afterall. Just got lucky with his e=mc2 and he was bluffing about his other theories.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikaka Nara View Post
    actually he can keep up with modern ninjas cuz modern ninjas like nagato couldnt copy hes jutsus with full potential... which means he is creator of ninjutsu all what modern ninja is doing trying to find something new and better but to have something good u need life force and physical energy thats why he was thinking that younger is the best fit to save the world besides of other who is gifted with chakra and spiritual energy...

why he tought about this cuz he had everything what they had and he needed to pick the right side of him .... he knew the answer...

which means Rikudo Sennin is strongest ninja in past, now and he will be in future...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»