View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • °

1 4.55%
  • °°

1 4.55%
  • °°°

2 9.09%
  • °°°°

6 27.27%
  • °°°°°

12 54.55%
Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    Dec 2011
    "I won't suffer
    abominations here. This isn't
    King's Landing"

Re: One Piece Manga Chapter 694 discussion and Chapter 695 predictions

Damn, Monet was actually a good character and had a lot of potential. There was still so much to see from her Logia and now its just wasted a good idea. Doflamingo might make Luffy's nakama fight against him and he probably won't be able to do it leading to him getting injured.

Overall good chapter and great ending.

Academy Student
    Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

I can't wait to see doflamingo vs the straw hats/law. I never imagined that something like this would be happening. I wonder what the marines will be doing? Will they fighting with or against the straw hats.

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

Re: One Piece Manga Chapter 394 discussion and Chapter 395 predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jellal Fernandes View Post
    Hell yeah Law is such a boss. Nontheless the chapter was Extraordinary..I mean Donflamingo heading over there?! It doesn't get better than this.
    Yeah, it was just a warming up exercise so far probably.

On another note, Monet may some how live. OP is not that fast on killing the characters off. Not sure if she is written off ...yet.

Status
    If I get reincarnated... I
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post

On another note, Monet may some how live. OP is not that fast on killing the characters off. Not sure if she is written off ...yet.
    I agree, Oda isn't the type who kills characters with such a potential. Killing Monet isn't even necessary to the plot in any way, but making her live on the other hand might have a huge impact.

If I'm going to be a bit creative, then I'll say that Doflamingo is going to sew up the wound in Monet's heart with his string string powers.

Status
    Mar 2011
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Knight View Post
    I agree, Oda isn't the type who kills characters with such a potential. Killing Monet isn't even necessary to the plot in any way, but making her live on the other hand might have a huge impact.

If I'm going to be a bit creative, then I'll say that Doflamingo is going to sew up the wound in Monet's heart with his string string powers.
    ~_~

Oh come on... her heart was actually stabbed >_> and if she was to survive she would have rather pressed that button, than to give it up.

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

But even seen after Oda's standards getting stabbed right through the heart isn't a good sign. Also as Otohime and Fisher Tiger have proven, even deceased characters can still have an impact. So even if she has potential, doesn't mean she will remain alive >.>

Status
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    ~_~

Oh come on... her heart was actually stabbed >_> and if she was to survive she would have rather pressed that button, than to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    But even seen after Oda's standards getting stabbed right through the heart isn't a good sign. Also as Otohime and Fisher Tiger have proven, even deceased characters can still have an impact. So even if she has potential, doesn't mean she will remain alive >.>
    Yes, she could be dead, something I believe as well. Oda has his standards as you're saying.Though I think there's a high possibility of someone saving her from death. It could be Doflamingo helping her with his ability as I said before, or a character we haven't seen yet. Since there is a Baby 5, I believe there is at least 4 more of them (Baby 1, Baby 2, etc), and one of them might have medical DF powers. This is just guessing from my side.

Status
    Jan 2009
    answered with words.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    ~_~

I thought she died after Tashigi's blow.

I doubt Monet is even that important a character at this point and yes she is probably dead by now. I just wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by Ira; 12-31-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Status
    Apr 2009
    of marshmallows.

I doubt Monet is even that important a character at this point and yes she is probably dead by now. I just wouldn't be surprised.
    Exactly. I also don't really get why people are getting their hopes up so much for her. I mean it's her attitude towards Doflamingo that makes her more special than normal fodder, however that gives Doflamingo more depth than just being another 'villain'. However Monet isn't the only one, Virgo also had that attitude, still no one is saying anything about him >.>

Status
    wanna become a clam.

Exactly. I also don't really get why people are getting their hopes up so much for her. I mean it's her attitude towards Doflamingo that makes her more special than normal fodder, however that gives Doflamingo more depth than just being another 'villain'. However Monet isn't the only one, Virgo also had that attitude, still no one is saying anything about him >.>
    I just feel like she gave off a special aura or something, or maybe it's because I like harpies? She also seems like Straw Hat material, something Virgo doesn't, which you heard from Sanji when he said "You're the type my captain hates the most". I also feel like Oda gave her too many personality sides, like blushing by compliments, for her to just die in less than 40 chapters...... this includes Virgo too.

I just wouldn't be surprised at all if she survived and joined the Strawhats in the future.

Status
    Apr 2009
    of marshmallows.

I just feel like she gave off a special aura or something, or maybe it's because I like harpies? She also seems like Straw Hat material, something Virgo doesn't, which you heard from Sanji when he said "You're the type my captain hates the most". I also feel like Oda gave her too many personality sides, like blushing by compliments, for her to just die in less than 40 chapters...... this includes Virgo too.

I just wouldn't be surprised at all if she survived and joined the Strawhats in the future.
    The only possible way I ever see her teaming up, not permanently joining, with the Strawhats if it's for Doflamingo one way or another as by now there are some subtle hints that there is more to Doflamingo's history than meets the eye *Optimus Prime voice*

Last edited by Caliburn; 12-31-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Status
    wanna become a clam.

The only possible way I ever see her teaming up, not permanently joining, with the Strawhats if it's for Doflamingo one way or another as by now there are some subtle hints that there is more to Doflamingo's history than meets the eye *Optimus Prime voice¨
    Don't make me laugh when we're having this little, somewhat serious discussion Optimus Prime quotes FTW.

Anyways, on topic, I can't imagine Doflamingo's past to be less than special. It might even become the most special past in One Piece yet. Both Virgo and Monet probably know about this past, and they seem to share it with him as well.

Monet seems so loyal to her captain that I almost think Doflamingo has to die to make her join another crew, which I have a hard time imagining. If that happens, then he would be the first Shichibukai to die.

Last edited by Skylar Knight; 12-31-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009
    answered with words.

He doesn't look half as pretty as her.

But Yeah I wonder when will get more info about Doflamingo. He has been in and out in many scenes from Jaya arc to here and yet we do not know much about him.

Last edited by Ira; 12-31-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Status
    Mar 2011
    V

well it was a third rate swordswomen's slash, what do you expect? >.<

Status
    Apr 2009
    of marshmallows.

He doesn't look half as pretty as her.

But Yeah I wonder when will get more info about Doflamingo. He has been in and out in many scenes from Jaya arc to here and yet we do not know much about him.
    He lacks boobs.

Doflamingo is actually the 2nd Shichibukai to have been introduced. Mihawk was first and Jinbei was mentioned second, however Doflamingo was the 2nd one to have been really shown together with Kuma. Still we know the least of him while he has been involved on the background more than once in previous arcs.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

Although I think DoFlamingo's past is going to be pretty special, I don't think Monet or Virgo know about it. I believe all this unyielding loyalty and even "love" only accentuates the manipulative powers of DoFlamingo, beyond the physical puppet powers. And if there is something as a change of heart from Monet (Though she is dead xD), it would be because the Straw Hats will unveil DoFlamingo's true intentions.

Then again, that was sort of the quirk with Caesar Clown... Are we really moving from one manipulative character to another, so soon? Unless Caeser will serve to distinguish between a real villain and a real psychological manipulation from a manipulative wannabe. Still, I feel it's somewhat a lost of specialness... Sure Oda can pull something off extremely more amusing that anything we could ever image though

Status
    Apr 2009
    of marshmallows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Although I think DoFlamingo's past is going to be pretty special, I don't think Monet or Virgo know about it. I believe all this unyielding loyalty and even "love" only accentuates the manipulative powers of DoFlamingo, beyond the physical puppet powers. And if there is something as a change of heart from Monet (Though she is dead xD), it would be because the Straw Hats will unveil DoFlamingo's true intentions.

Then again, that was sort of the quirk with Caesar Clown... Are we really moving from one manipulative character to another, so soon? Unless Caeser will serve to distinguish between a real villain and a real psychological manipulation from a manipulative wannabe. Still, I feel it's somewhat a lost of specialness... Sure Oda can pull something off extremely more amusing that anything we could ever image though
    That goes up for people like the Bellamy crew, Disco and probably Caeser Clown. However I'm not so sure about Monet and definitely about Virgo as Doflamingo said something about Virgo being the longest with him and the way how Monet and Virgo act towards Doflamingo is quite unusual compared to other people who served him and other pirate crews towards their captain.

Status
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    I wonder if there's a new chapter out this week ? :/
    Probably not, but most likely next week. If you look at the records of the chapter release, then you can see that he never release one this week of the year. Typical Oda to end a chapter the way he did before a break

Status
    Jun 2009
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

That goes up for people like the Bellamy crew, Disco and probably Caeser Clown. However I'm not so sure about Monet and definitely about Virgo as Doflamingo said something about Virgo being the longest with him and the way how Monet and Virgo act towards Doflamingo is quite unusual compared to other people who served him and other pirate crews towards their captain.
    I think that is exactly why I think Doflamingo is the master puppeteer. He manipulates their comrades into feeling true love and loyalty, built on lies. Or yes, it could really be true. We'll just have to wait and see

Status
    This user has no status.

That would only work if Doflamingo's crewmates were inherently good people at heart. But now we see they have no complaints to following him. I still like the former Celestial Dragon theory.

Status
    Dec 2012

I think that is exactly why I think Doflamingo is the master puppeteer. He manipulates their comrades into feeling true love and loyalty, built on lies. Or yes, it could really be true. We'll just have to wait and see
    I've been seeing theory's that he might have the Thread Thread fruit in which can go through somebody's Body (Example: Jozu) And can do what he likes when he's gotten control. As well how he is on his way to the island already it has to be his DF.
    I have a theory... what if he's also a D? Donquixote D.oflamingo..It sort of makes sense to me.He wants to be pirate king and is always with that Luffy smile..

Last edited by Jellal Fernandes; 01-02-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Skyler Knight Corrected my Error. :p

Status
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellal Fernandes View Post
    I've been seeing theory's that he might have the Thread Thread fruit in which can go through somebody's Body (Example: Jozu) And can do what he likes when he's gotten control. As well how he is on his way to the island already it has to be his DF.
    I have a theory... what if he's also a D? Donflamingo D. Donquixote..It sort of makes sense to me.He wants to be pirate king and is always with that Luffy smile..
    You mean like Donquixote D. Oflamingo? There is several theories about that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to turn out to be true. He really is one of the people in the center of all trouble, just like the rest of the D's.

Status
    Dec 2012

You mean like Donquixote D. Oflamingo? There is several theories about that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to turn out to be true. He really is one of the people in the center of all trouble, just like the rest of the D's.
    Facepalm..Yes i meant that. :D

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

What I want to happen/Prediction:

Doflamingo arrives at Punk Hazard
    First he comes out of nowhere then he uses his strings on Luffy to attack Law
    Law does Room and incapacitates Luffy, cutting him up in pieces while apologizing
    DD uses his strings to reshape Luffy and gets in a surprise punch while uttering the words "Gomu gomu no.." followed by his laugh
    Then he nearly kills Law but Luffy and Law get rescued and escape somehow

Status
    Apr 2009
    of marshmallows.

I will repeat myself: that works on the fodder ones, but people like Monet or Virgo are definitely different. I mean Monet was already planning to push the button even without Doflamingo saying anything, he doesn't even need to manipulate them and Doflamingo's way of speaking to them is quite different than normally. Towards Bellamy and Disco he simply laughed and looked down upon, but with Virgo and Monet he speaks in a more respectful way. When Disco was in danger, he just laughed, but he actually apologized to Monet and/or Virgo, don't remember exactly.