View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • °

1 4.55%
  • °°

1 4.55%
  • °°°

2 9.09%
  • °°°°

6 27.27%
  • °°°°°

12 54.55%
Page 3 of 3 « First 123
    Status
    Mar 2011
    Aso!

Re: One Piece Manga Chapter 394 discussion and Chapter 395 predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    I thought she died after Tashigi's blow.
    well it was a third rate swordswomen's slash, what do you expect? >.<

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Re: One Piece Manga Chapter 394 discussion and Chapter 395 predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    He doesn't look half as pretty as her.

But Yeah I wonder when will get more info about Doflamingo. He has been in and out in many scenes from Jaya arc to here and yet we do not know much about him.
    He lacks boobs.

Doflamingo is actually the 2nd Shichibukai to have been introduced. Mihawk was first and Jinbei was mentioned second, however Doflamingo was the 2nd one to have been really shown together with Kuma. Still we know the least of him while he has been involved on the background more than once in previous arcs.

Status
    Jun 2009
    I'M STRONGER THAN SCORPS!

Re: One Piece Manga Chapter 694 discussion and Chapter 695 predictions

Although I think DoFlamingo's past is going to be pretty special, I don't think Monet or Virgo know about it. I believe all this unyielding loyalty and even "love" only accentuates the manipulative powers of DoFlamingo, beyond the physical puppet powers. And if there is something as a change of heart from Monet (Though she is dead xD), it would be because the Straw Hats will unveil DoFlamingo's true intentions.

Then again, that was sort of the quirk with Caesar Clown... Are we really moving from one manipulative character to another, so soon? Unless Caeser will serve to distinguish between a real villain and a real psychological manipulation from a manipulative wannabe. Still, I feel it's somewhat a lost of specialness... Sure Oda can pull something off extremely more amusing that anything we could ever image though

Status
    Apr 2009
    of marshmallows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Although I think DoFlamingo's past is going to be pretty special, I don't think Monet or Virgo know about it. I believe all this unyielding loyalty and even "love" only accentuates the manipulative powers of DoFlamingo, beyond the physical puppet powers. And if there is something as a change of heart from Monet (Though she is dead xD), it would be because the Straw Hats will unveil DoFlamingo's true intentions.

Then again, that was sort of the quirk with Caesar Clown... Are we really moving from one manipulative character to another, so soon? Unless Caeser will serve to distinguish between a real villain and a real psychological manipulation from a manipulative wannabe. Still, I feel it's somewhat a lost of specialness... Sure Oda can pull something off extremely more amusing that anything we could ever image though
    That goes up for people like the Bellamy crew, Disco and probably Caeser Clown. However I'm not so sure about Monet and definitely about Virgo as Doflamingo said something about Virgo being the longest with him and the way how Monet and Virgo act towards Doflamingo is quite unusual compared to other people who served him and other pirate crews towards their captain.

Academy Student
    Status
    This user has no status.

I wonder if there's a new chapter out this week ? :/

Status
    If I get reincarnated... I
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    I wonder if there's a new chapter out this week ? :/
    Probably not, but most likely next week. If you look at the records of the chapter release, then you can see that he never release one this week of the year. Typical Oda to end a chapter the way he did before a break :p

Status
    Jun 2009
    I'M STRONGER THAN SCORPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    That goes up for people like the Bellamy crew, Disco and probably Caeser Clown. However I'm not so sure about Monet and definitely about Virgo as Doflamingo said something about Virgo being the longest with him and the way how Monet and Virgo act towards Doflamingo is quite unusual compared to other people who served him and other pirate crews towards their captain.
    I think that is exactly why I think Doflamingo is the master puppeteer. He manipulates their comrades into feeling true love and loyalty, built on lies. Or yes, it could really be true. We'll just have to wait and see

Status
    This user has no status.

That would only work if Doflamingo's crewmates were inherently good people at heart. But now we see they have no complaints to following him. I still like the former Celestial Dragon theory.

Status
    Dec 2012
    ,_,

I think that is exactly why I think Doflamingo is the master puppeteer. He manipulates their comrades into feeling true love and loyalty, built on lies. Or yes, it could really be true. We'll just have to wait and see
    I've been seeing theory's that he might have the Thread Thread fruit in which can go through somebody's Body (Example: Jozu) And can do what he likes when he's gotten control. As well how he is on his way to the island already it has to be his DF.
    I have a theory... what if he's also a D? Donquixote D.oflamingo..It sort of makes sense to me.He wants to be pirate king and is always with that Luffy smile..

Last edited by Jellal Fernandes; 01-02-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Skyler Knight Corrected my Error. :p

Status
    If I get reincarnated... I
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellal Fernandes View Post
    I've been seeing theory's that he might have the Thread Thread fruit in which can go through somebody's Body (Example: Jozu) And can do what he likes when he's gotten control. As well how he is on his way to the island already it has to be his DF.
    I have a theory... what if he's also a D? Donflamingo D. Donquixote..It sort of makes sense to me.He wants to be pirate king and is always with that Luffy smile..
    You mean like Donquixote D. Oflamingo? There is several theories about that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to turn out to be true. He really is one of the people in the center of all trouble, just like the rest of the D's.

Status
    Dec 2012
    ,_,

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Knight View Post
    You mean like Donquixote D. Oflamingo? There is several theories about that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to turn out to be true. He really is one of the people in the center of all trouble, just like the rest of the D's.
    Facepalm..Yes i meant that. :D

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

What I want to happen/Prediction:

Doflamingo arrives at Punk Hazard
    First he comes out of nowhere then he uses his strings on Luffy to attack Law
    Law does Room and incapacitates Luffy, cutting him up in pieces while apologizing
    DD uses his strings to reshape Luffy and gets in a surprise punch while uttering the words "Gomu gomu no.." followed by his laugh
    Then he nearly kills Law but Luffy and Law get rescued and escape somehow

Status
    Apr 2009
    of marshmallows.

I will repeat myself: that works on the fodder ones, but people like Monet or Virgo are definitely different. I mean Monet was already planning to push the button even without Doflamingo saying anything, he doesn't even need to manipulate them and Doflamingo's way of speaking to them is quite different than normally. Towards Bellamy and Disco he simply laughed and looked down upon, but with Virgo and Monet he speaks in a more respectful way. When Disco was in danger, he just laughed, but he actually apologized to Monet and/or Virgo, don't remember exactly.

Page 3 of 3 « First 123