Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!

Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

Manama: A man in Saudi Arabia who beat up his wife so badly that he left bruises on her face has been sentenced to 30 lashes, ten days of community services and ten days of training on the art of treating women at a specialized institute.

Honestly, what do you think of this punishment? :shrug:
    Here is the link. --> http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...shes-1.1117591

Should this be law and do you think this method will work on man?
    I think no matter, how much pain he is going through, at least he is learning from his mistakes. ^_^
    Kinda hard way to teach him a lesson.. But still.. His wife had it harder. D:

Should they try out this method out on America?
    I've seen/heard a lot of man there don't have any respects to their wives.:crazy:

Last edited by Shiina..; 12-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the road gets dark and
    you can no longer see let my
    love throw a spark have a
    little faith in me .

Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

Farker deserves it if women was innocent

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

A man that hits a female is no man, but a coward.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.

inb4 kitchen joke

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He needs to be castrated.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    realized I had something to
    prove.

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Depends on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenicpop View Post
    He needs to be castrated.
    No.

The punishment isn't severe enough, he should have some jail time, like a month at least.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

I'm going to be completely honest. This is like spanking your child for hitting someone else. Don't you think it's counter productive in a way? To show you it's not alright to hit others or harm others, I'm going to hit you or harm you. Then again, I've dealt with abusive situations where a man was hitting a women and my first instinct was to simply punch him in the face and then try to get the women out of the situation so I don't have much room to talk on the "I'll hit/harm you because you hit/harmed someone else" scenario. I'm all for punishing the prick for being abusive towards someone else but I don't feel like that's the correct way to go about it. It simply reinforces the "if someone hits/harms you it's okay to harm them back in someway" mentality It's just my opinion though and I understand the people that say "he deserved it" because in all honesty he deserved to be punished for his actions.

What about the other way around? When a women hits a man and before you even say it doesn't happen like that my cousin who is a girl up to this day still hits me sometimes because she knows I won't ever hit her back.

Last edited by Howard; 12-29-2012 at 04:48 PM.

YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!

No because it goes against the US Constitution where it says no "cruel and unusual punishment", but I think 10 days is not enough

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

A man who beats his wife is scum and should be sent to jail but such actions as beating someone or sentencing them to hard labor falls under cruel and unusual punishments and is against our bill of rights and constitutional liberties therefore such a punishment as flogging will not be tolerated even if your not American and don't believe in the bill of rights and civil liberties it still wrong to flog someone and I hope such a thing doesn't come to America.

Last edited by 'Nāpalm; 12-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

you can't bring US law into this seeing how this did not take place in the US

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I'm going to be completely honest. This is like spanking your child for hitting someone else. Don't you think it's counter productive in a way? To show you it's not alright to hit others or harm others, I'm going to hit you or harm you. Then again, I've dealt with abusive situations where a man was hitting a women and my first instinct was to simply punch him in the face and then try to get the women out of the situation so I don't have much room to talk on the "I'll hit/harm you because you hit/harmed someone else" scenario. I'm all for punishing the prick for being abusive towards someone else but I don't feel like that's the correct way to go about it. It simply reinforces the "if someone hits/harms you it's okay to harm them back in someway" mentality It's just my opinion though and I understand the people that say "he deserved it" because in all honesty he deserved to be punished for his actions.

What about the other way around? When a women hits a man and before you even say it doesn't happen like that my cousin who is a girl up to this day still hits me sometimes because she knows I won't ever hit her back.
    Been in that situation before. What you do as a dude is you get her in a pinch.. simple as it is. If I ever hit a girl, it's on her shoulder or something and not hard obviously. I know what you mean when a loud-mouth **** stands in front of you ready to hit you, knowing that you won't hit her... annoying moment. But it can be handled like a real man with morals.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Been in that situation before. What you do as a dude is you get her in a pinch.. simple as it is. If I ever hit a girl, it's on her shoulder or something and not hard obviously. I know what you mean when a loud-mouth **** stands in front of you ready to hit you, knowing that you won't hit her... annoying moment. But it can be handled like a real man with morals.
    I always just walked away that's just me though. Usually once she got the point I wasn't going to hit back she quit.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

Also being honest... I thought such a thing was allowed in Middle Eastern countries. I mean I've seen documentaries of women being sprayed with high powered hoses and flogged for being women. Yet I might be mistaken

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll hit a girl in the face i beleive in equal rights

YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    you can't bring US law into this seeing how this did not take place in the US
    yes you can because she said should the US bring this method in

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Sharingan View Post
    yes you can because she said should the US bring this method in
    that may be how ever you can not use US law over that countries laws to prove a point in this

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by -Stryker- View Post
    Also being honest... I thought such a thing was allowed in Middle Eastern countries. I mean I've seen documentaries of women being sprayed with high powered hoses and flogged for being women. Yet I might be mistaken
    probably extremist cultural dogma.. wouldn't throw in everyone that's living in the middle-east. Depends on the morals of the individual, no matter what religion or cultural background.

Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!

You never know what shit he has been through.. But still I kinda agree a real man shouldn't hit his wife. >_>

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Narutokyuubii View Post
    You never know what shit he has been through.. But still I kinda agree a real man shouldn't hit his wife. >_>
    Man /n/ An adult human male.

Nowhere do morals make a man a man. Being a male makes a man a man.

I don't see what morals have to do with being a male. No one says "a real women shouldn't dress provocatively."

Just a random thought.

Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!

Even though she is the one hitting you, she probably feels more pain than you have.
    It's not like she is enjoying herself by hurting you.. There must be a story behind this. >_>

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Even though she is the one hitting you, she probably feels more pain than you have.
    It's not like she is enjoying herself by hurting you.. There must be a story behind this. >_>
    Yes, because when she laughed at me because I wouldn't hit her back she was actually dying inside. Btw didn't mention she bloodied my nose multiple times when we were younger.

I'm the bad guy in this situation because I'm male? Going all feminist on me pretty quickly.

Last edited by Howard; 12-29-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!

Yes, because when she laughed at me because I wouldn't hit her back she was actually dying inside. Btw didn't mention she bloodied my nose multiple times when we were younger.
    Maybe she didn't get enough love from you? :shrug:
    Tbh I understand your situation. I used to hit brother for ignoring me. >_>
    That's a long story. The point is that we made it up, he ignores me less now.
    Anyway, I'm sure she never meant to make you nose bleed and that she won't (that's at least what I think) say sorry unless you said it first.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Anyway, I'm sure she never meant to make you nose bleed and that she won't (that's at least what I think) say sorry unless you said it first.
    So, what you're saying is it was alright that she hit me because "I didn't love her enough", if this situation was flipped and I was the one that hit her would you make excuses for me? Would it have been alright because "she didn't pay enough attention to me" or "I didn't get enough love from her"?

This is to me why things are flawed. It's only 'wrong' or 'sexist' or 'bad' if a male does it, but if a female does it it's still the male's fault because he did something wrong. Like ignored her or didn't pay enough attention to her or "didn't love her enough". I didn't love my cousin enough so it was alright for her to randomly punch me in the face then run off laughing.

What if a male has anger issues is it okay for him to hit his gf or his cousin (female) for that matter because she made him mad or ignored him or didn't love him enough? Hell no, but you basically said it's okay for a women to.

Should this be law and do you think this method will work on man?
    I think no matter, how much pain he is going through, at least he is learning from his mistakes. ^_^
    Kinda hard way to teach him a lesson.. But still.. His wife had it harder. D:

Should they try out this method out on America?
    Going back to this. If the situation was reversed would the punishment fit the crime? If a women was hitting her husband, and harming him because he ignored her or something. Would 30 lases be a proper punishment? This is why I said I don't think the punishment was correct. Yes either person deserves to be punished for being abusive but it should be something like jail time or time in a mental institution to work out their mental or emotional problems. Punishments should always fit the crime for male or female no matter who broke the law.

Last edited by Howard; 12-29-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Going to go out on a limb here. My sister who I've been with my entire life slowly became a drug addict and an alcoholic that craved attention and if she didn't get her way on things she'd lash out and attack you, we both had the same problems growing up, we had it extremely hard, growing up in abandoned houses homeless shelters and just many, many bad things. Her bf got into a car accident, he broke nearly every bone in his body. He had a car laying on him. He recovers a bit after 2 months, he still has weak bones, partially broken still and not strong. It hurts him to walk. My sister is prescribed medicine that she abuses simply because she likes being high. Her bf manages her medicine because she will take too much if he doesn't. So she started beating him in his weakened condition because she wanted the drugs. Was she in the right for having a hard life? No, there is a point of sanity, a barrier, a line in the sand where you must be able to register that "This is wrong.". When you do not have that barrier, you are not sane, you are no longer with an ideal set of morals, you are only thinking for yourself and the priorities go Things you want>People you care about. Before that accident, she lashed out on my mom, she lashed out on my brother, she lashed out on her bf. I had witnessed this several times, it was almost an every day thing. I was taught to never hit a woman, I was taught to walk away. However, there isn't anything to walk away from when a person like that is someone you live with. She woke up one night, my sister had always been my best friend despite everything she did, she was the one person that I could relate to before she became unstable. I wanted nothing for that bond to be back again so I was nice to her as always and treated her no different than ever. She woke up, complained that there wasn't any food in the house. I told her I had two chicken strips in a bag in the freezer, it was my dinner but she could have it and I would cook it for her. Suddenly, she turned on me, right there as I was sitting in my chair drawing for an art project, talking to her. She came at me like she did to my other family members. She attacked me and suddenly, in that moment you think "If you let her do this, she will think she can do it to you any time she wants like she does to your mom, your brother and her bf who is also a good friend." So, I fought back, after she busted my nose, with my nose bleeding, I threw on the ground, slammed her hard, hit her, went to her computer that she was addicted to (I built the computer for her) I took it apart piece by piece and threw it all across the room and put her hard drive in the sink. She went from a girl that would beat my family members up, with them with blood showing all over, to someone that was actually too scared to do that again. It's not something that is a good thing, none of this story is and no one in it is better than the other person. However, it shows that people that lash out in violence, need to be shown that you will not take it. The people that cause violence can just cause violence out of pure ignorance. Effects that life has on a person does not make them a bad person as my sister is. When you cause violence to people that have shown you love your entire life, it defines who you really are. Also as a side note, I don't have the morals to be nice enough to let someone attack me. They hit me, by law I have the right to beat the shit out of them in self defense. However, if it was a wife, I'm gone. I'd just walk away.

Last edited by -Yard-; 12-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!

So, what you're saying is it was alright that she hit me because "I didn't love her enough", if this situation was flipped and I was the one that hit her would you make excuses for me? Would it have been alright because "she didn't pay enough attention to me" or "I didn't get enough love from her"?

This is to me why things are flawed. It's only 'wrong' or 'sexist' or 'bad' if a male does it, but if a female does it it's still the male's fault because he did something wrong. Like ignored her or didn't pay enough attention to her or "didn't love her enough". I didn't love my cousin enough so it was alright for her to randomly punch me in the face then run off laughing.

What if a male has anger issues is it okay for him to hit his gf or his cousin (female) for that matter because she made him mad or ignored him or didn't love him enough? Hell no, but you basically said it's okay for a women to.

Wow, let me tell you this.
    I don't know a thing what happened between you two, so I'm not going to tell you she was wrong. Like a said before there must be a story behind this all. My brother still ignores me sometimes 'cause I annoy him. And I'm fine with it, I just don't care anymore.
    But just few years ago I hated it and fought him if he was ignoring me. . But I never hit him in the face and ran away laughIng like your cousin did. >_>
    I asume you are older than her, right?
    If you want to fix "the problem" between the you two than try to talk to her. (Not saying you should give her love immediately)

Succes.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»