Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Shiina.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands. ^^
    Posts
    9,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!
     



    Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Manama: A man in Saudi Arabia who beat up his wife so badly that he left bruises on her face has been sentenced to 30 lashes, ten days of community services and ten days of training on the art of treating women at a specialized institute.

    Honestly, what do you think of this punishment? :shrug:
    Here is the link. --> http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...shes-1.1117591

    Should this be law and do you think this method will work on man?
    I think no matter, how much pain he is going through, at least he is learning from his mistakes. ^_^
    Kinda hard way to teach him a lesson.. But still.. His wife had it harder. D:

    Should they try out this method out on America?
    I've seen/heard a lot of man there don't have any respects to their wives.:crazy:
     
         
    Last edited by Shiina..; 12-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.

  2. #2
    §€X¥╘ΘvéR§ Gary777's Avatar
    Status
    Gary777 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    IN UR heart ♡ InDIa♡
    Posts
    3,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the road gets dark and
    you can no longer see let my
    love throw a spark have a
    little faith in me .
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Farker deserves it if women was innocent
     
         

  3. #3
    psychosocial YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    A man that hits a female is no man, but a coward.
     
         

  4. #4
    Ōkami's Avatar
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    16,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    inb4 kitchen joke
     
         

  5. #5
    Non-Member Arsenicpop's Avatar
    Status
    Arsenicpop is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    He needs to be castrated.
     
         

  6. #6
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    M.a.a.D City I run my n***a
    Posts
    33,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    realized I had something to
    prove.
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    A man that hits a female is no man, but a coward.
    Depends on the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenicpop View Post
    He needs to be castrated.
    No.

    The punishment isn't severe enough, he should have some jail time, like a month at least.
     
         

  7. #7
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    Posts
    28,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    I'm going to be completely honest. This is like spanking your child for hitting someone else. Don't you think it's counter productive in a way? To show you it's not alright to hit others or harm others, I'm going to hit you or harm you. Then again, I've dealt with abusive situations where a man was hitting a women and my first instinct was to simply punch him in the face and then try to get the women out of the situation so I don't have much room to talk on the "I'll hit/harm you because you hit/harmed someone else" scenario. I'm all for punishing the prick for being abusive towards someone else but I don't feel like that's the correct way to go about it. It simply reinforces the "if someone hits/harms you it's okay to harm them back in someway" mentality It's just my opinion though and I understand the people that say "he deserved it" because in all honesty he deserved to be punished for his actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    A man that hits a female is no man, but a coward.
    What about the other way around? When a women hits a man and before you even say it doesn't happen like that my cousin who is a girl up to this day still hits me sometimes because she knows I won't ever hit her back.
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 12-29-2012 at 04:48 PM.

  8. #8
    YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Sharingan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Posts
    9,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    No because it goes against the US Constitution where it says no "cruel and unusual punishment", but I think 10 days is not enough
     
         

  9. #9
    Banned
    Status
    'Nāpalm is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gettin that Money
    Posts
    1,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    A man who beats his wife is scum and should be sent to jail but such actions as beating someone or sentencing them to hard labor falls under cruel and unusual punishments and is against our bill of rights and constitutional liberties therefore such a punishment as flogging will not be tolerated even if your not American and don't believe in the bill of rights and civil liberties it still wrong to flog someone and I hope such a thing doesn't come to America.
     
         
    Last edited by 'Nāpalm; 12-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.

  10. #10
    Ōkami's Avatar
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    16,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    you can't bring US law into this seeing how this did not take place in the US
     
         

  11. #11
    psychosocial YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I'm going to be completely honest. This is like spanking your child for hitting someone else. Don't you think it's counter productive in a way? To show you it's not alright to hit others or harm others, I'm going to hit you or harm you. Then again, I've dealt with abusive situations where a man was hitting a women and my first instinct was to simply punch him in the face and then try to get the women out of the situation so I don't have much room to talk on the "I'll hit/harm you because you hit/harmed someone else" scenario. I'm all for punishing the prick for being abusive towards someone else but I don't feel like that's the correct way to go about it. It simply reinforces the "if someone hits/harms you it's okay to harm them back in someway" mentality It's just my opinion though and I understand the people that say "he deserved it" because in all honesty he deserved to be punished for his actions.



    What about the other way around? When a women hits a man and before you even say it doesn't happen like that my cousin who is a girl up to this day still hits me sometimes because she knows I won't ever hit her back.
    Been in that situation before. What you do as a dude is you get her in a pinch.. simple as it is. If I ever hit a girl, it's on her shoulder or something and not hard obviously. I know what you mean when a loud-mouth **** stands in front of you ready to hit you, knowing that you won't hit her... annoying moment. But it can be handled like a real man with morals.
     
         

  12. #12
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    Posts
    28,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Been in that situation before. What you do as a dude is you get her in a pinch.. simple as it is. If I ever hit a girl, it's on her shoulder or something and not hard obviously. I know what you mean when a loud-mouth **** stands in front of you ready to hit you, knowing that you won't hit her... annoying moment. But it can be handled like a real man with morals.
    I always just walked away that's just me though. Usually once she got the point I wasn't going to hit back she quit.
     
         

  13. #13
    Banned
    Status
    'Nāpalm is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gettin that Money
    Posts
    1,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Also being honest... I thought such a thing was allowed in Middle Eastern countries. I mean I've seen documentaries of women being sprayed with high powered hoses and flogged for being women. Yet I might be mistaken
     
         

  14. #14
    Ōkami's Avatar
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    16,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    i'll hit a girl in the face i beleive in equal rights
     
         

  15. #15
    YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Sharingan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Posts
    9,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    you can't bring US law into this seeing how this did not take place in the US
    yes you can because she said should the US bring this method in
     
         

  16. #16
    Ōkami's Avatar
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    16,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of Sharingan View Post
    yes you can because she said should the US bring this method in
    that may be how ever you can not use US law over that countries laws to prove a point in this
     
         

  17. #17
    psychosocial YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by -Stryker- View Post
    Also being honest... I thought such a thing was allowed in Middle Eastern countries. I mean I've seen documentaries of women being sprayed with high powered hoses and flogged for being women. Yet I might be mistaken
    probably extremist cultural dogma.. wouldn't throw in everyone that's living in the middle-east. Depends on the morals of the individual, no matter what religion or cultural background.
     
         

  18. #18
    Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Shiina.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands. ^^
    Posts
    9,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!
     



    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    A man that hits a female is no man, but a coward.
    You never know what shit he has been through.. But still I kinda agree a real man shouldn't hit his wife. >_>
     
         

  19. #19
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    Posts
    28,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutokyuubii View Post
    You never know what shit he has been through.. But still I kinda agree a real man shouldn't hit his wife. >_>
    Man /n/ An adult human male.

    Nowhere do morals make a man a man. Being a male makes a man a man.

    I don't see what morals have to do with being a male. No one says "a real women shouldn't dress provocatively."

    Just a random thought.
     
         

  20. #20
    Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Shiina.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands. ^^
    Posts
    9,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!
     



    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    What about the other way around? When a women hits a man and before you even say it doesn't happen like that my cousin who is a girl up to this day still hits me sometimes because she knows I won't ever hit her back.
    Even though she is the one hitting you, she probably feels more pain than you have.
    It's not like she is enjoying herself by hurting you.. There must be a story behind this. >_>
     
         

  21. #21
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    Posts
    28,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutokyuubii View Post
    Even though she is the one hitting you, she probably feels more pain than you have.
    It's not like she is enjoying herself by hurting you.. There must be a story behind this. >_>
    Yes, because when she laughed at me because I wouldn't hit her back she was actually dying inside. Btw didn't mention she bloodied my nose multiple times when we were younger.

    I'm the bad guy in this situation because I'm male? Going all feminist on me pretty quickly.
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 12-29-2012 at 05:20 PM.

  22. #22
    Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Shiina.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands. ^^
    Posts
    9,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!
     



    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Yes, because when she laughed at me because I wouldn't hit her back she was actually dying inside. Btw didn't mention she bloodied my nose multiple times when we were younger.
    Maybe she didn't get enough love from you? :shrug:
    Tbh I understand your situation. I used to hit brother for ignoring me. >_>
    That's a long story. The point is that we made it up, he ignores me less now.
    Anyway, I'm sure she never meant to make you nose bleed and that she won't (that's at least what I think) say sorry unless you said it first.
     
         

  23. #23
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    Posts
    28,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutokyuubii View Post
    Maybe she didn't get enough love from you? :shrug:
    Tbh I understand your situation. I used to hit brother for ignoring me. >_>
    That's a long story. The point is that we made it up, he ignores me less now.
    Anyway, I'm sure she never meant to make you nose bleed and that she won't (that's at least what I think) say sorry unless you said it first.
    So, what you're saying is it was alright that she hit me because "I didn't love her enough", if this situation was flipped and I was the one that hit her would you make excuses for me? Would it have been alright because "she didn't pay enough attention to me" or "I didn't get enough love from her"?

    This is to me why things are flawed. It's only 'wrong' or 'sexist' or 'bad' if a male does it, but if a female does it it's still the male's fault because he did something wrong. Like ignored her or didn't pay enough attention to her or "didn't love her enough". I didn't love my cousin enough so it was alright for her to randomly punch me in the face then run off laughing.

    What if a male has anger issues is it okay for him to hit his gf or his cousin (female) for that matter because she made him mad or ignored him or didn't love him enough? Hell no, but you basically said it's okay for a women to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutokyuubii View Post
    Should this be law and do you think this method will work on man?
    I think no matter, how much pain he is going through, at least he is learning from his mistakes. ^_^
    Kinda hard way to teach him a lesson.. But still.. His wife had it harder. D:

    Should they try out this method out on America?
    Going back to this. If the situation was reversed would the punishment fit the crime? If a women was hitting her husband, and harming him because he ignored her or something. Would 30 lases be a proper punishment? This is why I said I don't think the punishment was correct. Yes either person deserves to be punished for being abusive but it should be something like jail time or time in a mental institution to work out their mental or emotional problems. Punishments should always fit the crime for male or female no matter who broke the law.
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 12-29-2012 at 05:41 PM.

  24. #24
    -Yard-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Yard- is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Narutobase
    Posts
    25,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutokyuubii View Post
    Maybe she didn't get enough love from you? :shrug:
    Tbh I understand your situation. I used to hit brother for ignoring me. >_>
    That's a long story. The point is that we made it up, he ignores me less now.
    Anyway, I'm sure she never meant to make you nose bleed and that she won't (that's at least what I think) say sorry unless you said it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narutokyuubii View Post
    Even though she is the one hitting you, she probably feels more pain than you have.
    It's not like she is enjoying herself by hurting you.. There must be a story behind this. >_>
    Going to go out on a limb here. My sister who I've been with my entire life slowly became a drug addict and an alcoholic that craved attention and if she didn't get her way on things she'd lash out and attack you, we both had the same problems growing up, we had it extremely hard, growing up in abandoned houses homeless shelters and just many, many bad things. Her bf got into a car accident, he broke nearly every bone in his body. He had a car laying on him. He recovers a bit after 2 months, he still has weak bones, partially broken still and not strong. It hurts him to walk. My sister is prescribed medicine that she abuses simply because she likes being high. Her bf manages her medicine because she will take too much if he doesn't. So she started beating him in his weakened condition because she wanted the drugs. Was she in the right for having a hard life? No, there is a point of sanity, a barrier, a line in the sand where you must be able to register that "This is wrong.". When you do not have that barrier, you are not sane, you are no longer with an ideal set of morals, you are only thinking for yourself and the priorities go Things you want>People you care about. Before that accident, she lashed out on my mom, she lashed out on my brother, she lashed out on her bf. I had witnessed this several times, it was almost an every day thing. I was taught to never hit a woman, I was taught to walk away. However, there isn't anything to walk away from when a person like that is someone you live with. She woke up one night, my sister had always been my best friend despite everything she did, she was the one person that I could relate to before she became unstable. I wanted nothing for that bond to be back again so I was nice to her as always and treated her no different than ever. She woke up, complained that there wasn't any food in the house. I told her I had two chicken strips in a bag in the freezer, it was my dinner but she could have it and I would cook it for her. Suddenly, she turned on me, right there as I was sitting in my chair drawing for an art project, talking to her. She came at me like she did to my other family members. She attacked me and suddenly, in that moment you think "If you let her do this, she will think she can do it to you any time she wants like she does to your mom, your brother and her bf who is also a good friend." So, I fought back, after she busted my nose, with my nose bleeding, I threw on the ground, slammed her hard, hit her, went to her computer that she was addicted to (I built the computer for her) I took it apart piece by piece and threw it all across the room and put her hard drive in the sink. She went from a girl that would beat my family members up, with them with blood showing all over, to someone that was actually too scared to do that again. It's not something that is a good thing, none of this story is and no one in it is better than the other person. However, it shows that people that lash out in violence, need to be shown that you will not take it. The people that cause violence can just cause violence out of pure ignorance. Effects that life has on a person does not make them a bad person as my sister is. When you cause violence to people that have shown you love your entire life, it defines who you really are. Also as a side note, I don't have the morals to be nice enough to let someone attack me. They hit me, by law I have the right to beat the shit out of them in self defense. However, if it was a wife, I'm gone. I'd just walk away.
     
         
    Last edited by -Yard-; 12-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.

  25. #25
    Yolo ist Power
    Status
    Shiina.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands. ^^
    Posts
    9,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the corps!
     



    Re: Wife-beating husband gets 30 lashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    So, what you're saying is it was alright that she hit me because "I didn't love her enough", if this situation was flipped and I was the one that hit her would you make excuses for me? Would it have been alright because "she didn't pay enough attention to me" or "I didn't get enough love from her"?

    This is to me why things are flawed. It's only 'wrong' or 'sexist' or 'bad' if a male does it, but if a female does it it's still the male's fault because he did something wrong. Like ignored her or didn't pay enough attention to her or "didn't love her enough". I didn't love my cousin enough so it was alright for her to randomly punch me in the face then run off laughing.

    What if a male has anger issues is it okay for him to hit his gf or his cousin (female) for that matter because she made him mad or ignored him or didn't love him enough? Hell no, but you basically said it's okay for a women to.

    Wow, let me tell you this.
    I don't know a thing what happened between you two, so I'm not going to tell you she was wrong. Like a said before there must be a story behind this all. My brother still ignores me sometimes 'cause I annoy him. And I'm fine with it, I just don't care anymore.
    But just few years ago I hated it and fought him if he was ignoring me. . But I never hit him in the face and ran away laughIng like your cousin did. >_>
    I asume you are older than her, right?
    If you want to fix "the problem" between the you two than try to talk to her. (Not saying you should give her love immediately)

    Succes.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •