Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Do you think its possible that Obito's motives changed as he grew older?

Well we know that he was about 14 when he took up the alias 'Tobi'. What i think is that Obito is goal was initially at first about Rin but as he grew older his motives might have changed overtime to something deeper. The reason why i think this is when he was talking to Naruto and co about Lonlieness and talking to them even before the mask came off about making a world where 'heroes don't have to make pitiful excuses in front of graves' (reffering to Kakashi). I think he would know that when Rin is in the dream world she would still be a kid so i think he's actually doing it because he hates the ideals of a shinobi. What do you think?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise The Sun!

Re: Do you think its possible that Obito's motives changed as he grew older?

I hope so,all this for a childhood crush is too stupid.
    But even so he accepted to go with the plan once Rin died so its the main/starting reason

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by zoos View Post
    I hope so,all this for a childhood crush is too stupid.
    But even so he accepted to go with the plan once Rin died so its the main/starting reason
    Yeah i guess, but i think he's figured out that Rin would still be a child in the dream world, so i think he actually thinks hes helping the world by destroying it

Status
    Still searching for that place called "home"
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He wanted to create a world, where Rin lives (again), so he joined Madara but nevertheless ... didn´t he say somewhere, that he doesn´t care for this world anymore ? What other reasons should he have for assisting Madara and trying to fulfill the project "Tsuki no me" then ?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilLKF View Post
    He wanted to create a world, where Rin lives (again), so he joined Madara but nevertheless ... didn´t he say somewhere, that he doesn´t care for this world anymore ? What other reasons should he have for assisting Madara and trying to fulfill the project "Tsuki no me" then ?
    True but im thinking he must have realised that when Rin is in the dream world she would still be a child

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeozua View Post
    True but im thinking he must have realised that when Rin is in the dream world she would still be a child
    This project is a genjutsu from Madara, so it´ll be up to him, how old Rin will be. But I think he is doing it just for the chance to see her again someday.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...

I think he was just so badly disappointed with everyone and everything when he saw Rin getting killed by his best friend. He constantly believed in this friendship. While he was trapped, he never gave up on his friends and his will wasn't broken until he saw that scene. The way he acted when he turned into Tobi more looked like he lost sanity though. The retarded screaming didn't fit the situation because he looked like he was having fun instead of a breakdown. Could have been bad translation though.

Anyway, everything he believed in and stayed alive for was broken so he turned evil and forced himself to stop caring. Rin is only a part of it. He is very unstable and can turn good again because of this at any time. Or he freaks out and kills himself.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilLKF View Post
    This project is a genjutsu from Madara, so it´ll be up to him, how old Rin will be. But I think he is doing it just for the chance to see her again someday.
    Madara? Can madara can still cast it since he has the rinnegan?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I might´ve expressed myself wrong ... actually Madara was the one who made the plan with project Tsuki no me ... don´t know, whether he wanted himself or Obito to use this jutsu ._.
    Maybe Madara´s plans went out of control since Nagato decided to "join" Naruto ... but i don´t think that he needs the Rinnegan to do this, just the power of the Juubi ?? :o (correct me if i´m wrong, these are just my thoughts :D)