Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weegee Death Stare.

Fairy Tale?

So, I've seen it around but I've never gotten into it, and i'm looking to expand my anime/manga choices. I've caught up on One Piece, what is the hype about Fairy Tale and do you recommend taking the time out to become interested in it?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itssupereffective

Re: Fairy Tale?

I've seen best summed up with this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Midday View Post
    It was okay to start but sometime's the story can be garbage since the main character beats characters several tiers above him because of the power of friendship(no joke).

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.

I would highly recommend Fairy Tail. It fits my reference of magic, wizards, dragons, and etc. IMO it just gets better and better. I first started watching it when there were only 11 episodes, and I'm still with it. I'd recommend watching the first few arcs before judging it. However, if you don't like the fact that their power ups are based on their emotions, then I wouldn't recommend it. That's what makes Fairy Tail Fairy Tail though. ^^ Without that one little part in there, then it would not be Fairy Tail.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Solo's.

If you're into cheesy story line, characters, and plot, then this is the Manga for you. The main character constantly receives ridiculous power-ups and pulls plot-no-jutsu's out of his ass; sometimes more severe than the ones Naruto has pulled in the past, and will pull in the future.

Personally, I gave it up due to lack of good plot and interesting characters. The main character has no special elements in him, like, Itachi does, for example. However, if you're a bit of a pervert it's worth it; the amount of fan-service provided is astonishing. I can't remember a single chapter or episode where boobs weren't on show. It's an incredibly cheesy show which used nonsensical plot devices like 'friendship' to overcome certain death; it's regurgitated shit in my opinion, but some like it. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

Overall, it's decent. You may like it. Good luck, ma *****. [IMG]http://www.*****************/images/smilies/series2/kruemelmonster.gif[/IMG]

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Emo

:yWould reccomend it.:y

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    W.R.A.T.H

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    Mmm, no. Unless you're into the whole friendship-beats-everything-every-single-time and such, I wouldn't recommend it. Character development for the main man especially is horrible and almost non-existent.

Don't listen to him kirabi,Fairy tail is epic as far as I see it.You should definitely read it.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

it doesn't interest me... from what other people have said here it has just discouraged me more from reading it. To me it looks like some cheesy, glittery, friendish, a bunch of bs manga. It looks better than one piece though but still it looks like some stereotypical kinda manga/anime.

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weegee Death Stare.

Quote Originally Posted by -Stryker- View Post
    it doesn't interest me... from what other people have said here it has just discouraged me more from reading it. To me it looks like some cheesy, glittery, friendish, a bunch of bs manga. It looks better than one piece though but still it looks like some stereotypical kinda manga/anime.
    Hm, I'm reading more bad reviews then good.
    But also One Piece is actually a VERY GOOD manga. I'd recommend it. It's the #1 Manga in Japan right now.

But, he wins because of "friendship?". Do his friends even help him out in his fight or is it the thought?

Liverpool YNWA ~Shadowhunter Princess~'s Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I got soul but I'm not a
    soldier" - The Killers

Wth? Natsu isn't the main character though is he?
    I always thought it was Lucy since she's the one telling the story.

OT: just try it out and see if you like it. If you don't then stop. Simple.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirabi View Post
    But also One Piece is actually a VERY GOOD manga. I'd recommend it. It's the #1 Manga in Japan right now.

But, he wins because of "friendship?". Do his friends even help him out in his fight or is it the thought?
    A better way to explain it is if someone close to him gets hurt or cries, he gets really angry, which causes his magic becomes stronger because of those feelings. Though, without that part it wouldn't be Fairy Tail.

The King Of Games NarutoLuffy313's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Fairy Tail is pretty shit from a writing stand point and an entertainment stand point.

The Main Character cries so much and the main protagonist is just terrible.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Fairy Tail is awesome.

And the Main Charakter is Lucy not Natsu...

I think the real story of the Manga will start now. It was now like Naruto before the Chunin Exams.

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss my V award..

I only watched the first two episodes.. I honestly don't know.. Its like, there is somehting good about it and yet there is those minutes where you go like.. What is this O.o

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard

Kirabi you shall read it or suffer my invasion for not reading. :lmao: you will enjoy it man check out green blood abd bleach as well.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeet.

Manga related: One piece >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Naruto > Fairy tail > Bleach
    Anime Related: One piece >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fairy tail >>> Naruto

Naruto and Fairy tail are equal manga related atm, Anime related, Naruto is going very backwards with the art line and such, hence Fairy tail being before Naruto because their magic has some nice and special art something coloring's. < @Bold; .

Last edited by Jokey; 12-28-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Jokey View Post
    Manga related: One piece >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Naruto > Fairy tail > Bleach
    Anime Related: One piece >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fairy tail >>> Naruto

Naruto and Fairy tail are equal manga related atm, Anime related, Naruto is going very backwards with the art line and such, hence Fairy tail being before Naruto because their magic has some nice and special art something coloring's. < @Bold; .
    :lmao: we shall do battle now for that blasphemy mwahaha

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roju View Post
    :lmao: we shall do battle now for that blasphemy mwahaha
    Have you read the 313 chapters, have you watched 162 episodes, have you seen which rank they are in IGN's Top 100, have you seen in which rank they are at the TV Asahi's latest top 100 Anime Ranking, didn't think so. Bleach is a cycle of power ups, Ichigo is getting power ups every single arc or saga and everyone, is getting tired of it, however, I must agree, the manga recently is amazing, however, not even 50% near Fairy tail's current manga. To be honest, I never got goosebumps during watching/reading bleach for three times now in any episode or chapter. Bleach is a manga/anime that's like; 'Oh, don't worry, Ichigo and his friends will get fine and than he'll power up again and save the world'

One piece has been great, manga and anime related, same goes for above tho, but not as good. Did you ever read the anime's or chapters at all? Perhaps I made a mistake with >>>>>>>> but perhaps; One piece >> Naruto, we all, I think everyone, had goosebumps, has cried, or trembled during a episode or chapter because of excitement. One piece has been a mystery to everyone, especially after the time skip, everything is unexpectedly, you never know what's next, it's even hard to predict what's next. Bleach was like, oh, that'll come next, or this, or that, and yes, he'll get saved, oh, not again. And 50% or perhaps 75% of the prediction from a fan was right, One piece? Maybe 20% or less? Bleach is getting better, all because of the new arc, the previous ones where lame, in my opinion, and many others.

Naruto, honestly, number one. ATM. This anime/manga is also very easy to predict, not as easy as bleach, but easy. Naruto Vs. Sasuke, goosebumps and cried, Sakura & Chijo Vs. Sasori, same, Jiraiya Vs. Sixth paths, same, Sasuke Vs. Itachi, same, Naruto Vs. Pain, same. Naruto and Sasuke meeting again, same, the war, the same. < Only ones for me?

Goosebumps and crying scenes @ One piece have been at every, fucking, single, arc/saga. Trembling from excitement, Goosebumps and episodes filled with emotion and such. And same goes for Fairy tail, that's why their equal to me, and to many others. Bleach, isn't near their league, come on, let's be honest, bleach would be crap without the blood splashing thing after the slices enemies receive?

I'm done here, and if you want to fight me, meet me at the battle area

Last edited by Jokey; 12-30-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Pray4Delta

Watch it first then read it
    It's better when you watch as the manga describes it poorly while in the anime you can see more depth so it isn't always friendship over everything

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

I'm just not into those kinds of cheesy, kawaii (for some reason that word comes to mind), stereotypical kind of manga like fairy take, and all those other manga/anime like Ao Exorcists whatever its called I jut have a distaste for them. Thats why I like Naruto and One Piece (I guess) Naruto, OP, and even Bleach are unique they aren't like those other series were they just look all cheesy and corny... Naruto is on a different level than all those anime like Fairy tale etc

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A status has this user.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirabi View Post

Main Char: Oh fck, i'm no match for him..
    Le friends: We are fairy tail, we are together as one!!
    Main Char: I suddenly feel over powered.

Main character defeats bad guy who is way more skilled than him.

Other than that, i think it's worth watching, characters aren't so interesting but they can amaze you every now and then.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Homu

I'd recommend it. Though it has been receiving a lot of hate lately due to the random power-ups and the ''Power of Feelings''. But when brushing all of these flaws aside, and when you start focusing more on the actual plot then you'll see how awesome Fairy Tail really is. Not only is the plot intriguing but I also like the fact that Mashima was able to create a great amount of strong female characters (Erza, Mira, Kagura, Ultear, and so on) Another thing that fans don't like is the amount of Fanservice, in every single chapter you will get to enjoy a boobie shot lol. This didn't bother me much at the beginning, but then Mashima started overusing it and it has come to the point in which I can't stand any more of these boobie shots -,-

Anyway. Read it. And find out if it was worth it or not.