Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    This is an age-old argument. "Itachi solo's J-man" "J-man solo's Kisame and Itachi" "They are dead even" and I'm sure there are more than that. There are those that believe that Itachi was just saying that due to his loyalties to the village and that could be true. The only one to know that for sure is Kishi. But seeing as we are not him, I will try and lend a theory on this to see if it can be put to rest. Here goes:

    Ok, you have Jiraiya. He is a legendary ninja with a vast array of jutsu in his arsenal. He is skilled enough to counter most genjutsu, (prob not a Tsukuyomi from Itachi)and has the stamina to go the whole nine yards. Jiraiya is the definition of a whole-person ninja. He ranges from profficient to master grade in Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and Genjutsu (countering it).

    Then you have Kisame. While he is no push-over, whatsoever, he is still not on J-man's level. Sure, Kisame has him on strength, but he is only equal to J-man in stamina. All other aspects, J-man takes the cake. He can only match J-man in 2 aspects.

    Finally you have Itachi. Itachi has proven that he is one DEADLY ninja. He can go toe-to-toe with the big guys. But he has an achilles heel: His sickness/stamina. If Itachi wasn't sick then him, by hisself, would be able to battle J-man on equal footing. Let's face reality, after 1 use of an MS tech, Itachi is almost spent. In my opinon, I find it doubtful that J-man would get caught in a genjutsu, to Tsukuyomi's level, early on. If anything, the fight would push J-man to use Sage Mode just to nullify Itachi's Tsukuyomi. Now, with him and Kisame going against J-man, it makes it a draw because Itachi himself could not last against J-man and Kisame wouldn't have enough techs to do him in. Kisame makes up for Itachi's lack of stamina and Itachi makes up for Kisame's lack of jutsu arsenal. Now calm down Kisame fan-boys, I'm not saying he doesn't have any jutsu, I'm just saying to the high levels of Itachi and J-man? No.

    Summary: Itachi was noting that he and Kisame compliment each other; through Kisame's stamina and strength and Itachi's vast aresenal of powerful jutsu. But all they could do is stalemate J-man because he has all of that. The 2 of them = J-man. In regards to Itachi, this is only true because of his sickness.

    Thanks for reading..or not.
     
         

  2. #2
    Member Hinata Loves Naruto's Avatar
    Status
    Hinata Loves Naruto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    I agree! It seems perfect, and Thats what Ive been thinking for a while. Great job explaining hehe
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member IIB7252's Avatar
    Status
    IIB7252 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hidden Leaf
    Posts
    1,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    I agree with u...
    Even I think that if Fit Itachi will take done J Man... :-)
     
         

  4. #4
    Lord since #634( •_•)>⌐■-■ MrSimple's Avatar
    Status
    MrSimple is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    2,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exclusive~ •_•)
    •_•)>⌐■-■
    ⌐■_■)
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    So why are you pointing the obvious... healthy Itachi's solos. It's inevitable...
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member TheAwesomeOne's Avatar
    Status
    TheAwesomeOne is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chiraq, Drillinois
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    I think Itachi only said that because he was still loyal to Konoha so he lied to Kisame because he would've blew his cover
     
         

  6. #6
    King of Conquerers King El Bridgett's Avatar
    Status
    King El Bridgett is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    To win, but not destroy; to
    conquer, but not humiliate:
    That is what true conquest is!
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Very good explanation...
     
         

  7. #7
    Member LORD TAPATIO's Avatar
    Status
    LORD TAPATIO is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    BAY AREA CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    883
    Post Thanks / Like
    hungry
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Toad sage seems to he underrated at times, but he is a monster, good thread
     
         

  8. #8
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    I think it can go both ways, but Itachi definitely wins on average

    Itachi+Kisame=overkill against jiraiya
     
         

  9. #9
    BAN KAI! sage mode beat down's Avatar
    Status
    sage mode beat down is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ?????
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    I dissagree nice way to explain it though i can see your logic
     
         

  10. #10
    ROSH2's Avatar
    Status
    ROSH2 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    sri lanka
    Posts
    4,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://narutobase.net/forums/s
    howthread.php?t=447692
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Loves Naruto View Post
    I agree! It seems perfect, and Thats what Ive been thinking for a while. Great job explaining hehe
    i agree
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSimple View Post
    So why are you pointing the obvious... healthy Itachi's solos. It's inevitable...
    How is it inevitable? Both characters are dead. And I'm pointing out the "obvious" because it isn't obvious because people keep making Itachi<=>J-man threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    I think Itachi only said that because he was still loyal to Konoha so he lied to Kisame because he would've blew his cover
    Possible, but only Kishi knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    I think it can go both ways, but Itachi definitely wins on average

    Itachi+Kisame=overkill against jiraiya
    Itachi disagrees, =P
    Quote Originally Posted by sage mode beat down View Post
    I dissagree nice way to explain it though i can see your logic
    Oh well, lol. But thanks :D
     
         

  12. #12
    Beast Bijuu13's Avatar
    Status
    Bijuu13 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Most reasonable opinion on the argument ive ever read
     
         

  13. #13
    Hyōton KGB Kakuzu's Avatar
    Status
    KGB Kakuzu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Checking my Psycho Pass
    Posts
    12,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Nicely done...I don't think Kisame lacks in powerful Jutsu (water shark bomb) and creating a lake lol! I think it is more of the fact Jiraiya can just flip out very strong techniques...if he uses Sage mode his punches are fatal...

    But yes it is Itachi's stamina problem, and Kisame's limited use of just water ninjutsu (where Jiraiya has sage mode/fire/his hair...and Itachi has fire/water/Amaterasu/genjutsu).
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by Bijuu13 View Post
    Most reasonable opinion on the argument ive ever read
    Thank you. I try to be bias.
     
         

  15. #15
    Member celarian's Avatar
    Status
    celarian is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Why didnt itachi just atamerasu him when he was using the stomach jutsu and just sitting there?
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    Nicely done...I don't think Kisame lacks in powerful Jutsu (water shark bomb) and creating a lake lol! I think it is more of the fact Jiraiya can just flip out very strong techniques...if he uses Sage mode his punches are fatal...

    But yes it is Itachi's stamina problem, and Kisame's limited use of just water ninjutsu (where Jiraiya has sage mode/fire/his hair...and Itachi has fire/water/Amaterasu/genjutsu).
    Don't forget Kisame and J-man have Earth =P. Yeah, I didn't mean to nerf Kisame's techs. He is an S level ninja for a reason, but I just think he is under J-man.
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post
    Why didnt itachi just atamerasu him when he was using the stomach jutsu and just sitting there?
    Well, it might have spread throughout that extremely close-quartered area and killed them all?
    :sy:
     
         

  18. #18
    Rëaper's Avatar
    Status
    Rëaper is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shaman Kingdom
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つAMENO༼ つ
    ◕_◕ ༽つ
     



    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    I agree
     
         

  19. #19
    Member Masked man's Avatar
    Status
    Masked man is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those who can't acknowledge
    their real selves are bound to
    fail.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Very nice.
    You've got my repsect.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member Baka Sennin's Avatar
    Status
    Baka Sennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    3,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    could be, although I think that only holds true in that particular scenario (both Akatsuki having already fought and Jiraiya having taken the first step to manipulate the surroundings, putting his opponents at a big disadvantage)

    apart from that, Kishi seems to have made Itachi and Jiraiya equals. both have the exact same score on the databook, both died within minutes of each other with their 'disciples' duplicating them shortly after; naruto perfecting sm and sasuke obtaining ms.
     
         

  21. #21
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post
    Why didnt itachi just atamerasu him when he was using the stomach jutsu and just sitting there?
    Itachi uses Amaterasu on J-man. J-man ignites the walls, floors and ceiling of the hotel. Naruto gets ignited. Things get much worse.. Kisame gets hit. Itachi gets hit by his own tech for using it indoors like a tard. Come on. He had a 5 in intelligence for a reason. Why would he do that?
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by Masked man View Post
    Very nice.
    You've got my repsect.
    Thank you.
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    I think Itachi only said that because he was still loyal to Konoha so he lied to Kisame because he would've blew his cover
    I've thought about it and here is why I disagree. I think Itachi would have done battle with J-man if it was necessary to his cover, which it kinda was there. I mean, he did hospitalize Kakashi and was going to capture him for interrogation until Guy came to the rescue. Itachi is the perfect ninja. He follows his role to the letter. So if he really felt that he could've actually crippled J-man (like he did to Kakashi) then he would've to keep appearances.
     
         

  24. #24
    Godaime Hokage Slug Princess Tsunade's Avatar
    Status
    Slug Princess Tsunade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under a f***ing tree
    Posts
    7,046
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You are my disciple so
    you'll inherit the power of a
    Sannin"
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Amaterasu to his face

    jk
     
         

  25. #25
    Senior Member Thundercles's Avatar
    Status
    Thundercles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.
     

    Re: What Itachi Meant When Talking About Jiraiya

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug Princess Tsunade View Post
    Amaterasu to his face

    jk
    :D like I said, it might end up killing Itachi if he did lol.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •