Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

Re: Was itachi lying?

Let's look at the stats: in the official handbook Jiraiya had a total stats of 35.5 while Itachi also had 35.5 so they tie in terms of overall power.

IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

How does itachi turning out to be a good guy correlate to him being "obviously" more powerful then jiraiya ? Your logic is completely retarded.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

nah itachi and kisame were afraid of nardo, i mean who can handle a 12 year old kid

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by celebrei View Post
    Let's look at the stats: in the official handbook Jiraiya had a total stats of 35.5 while Itachi also had 35.5 so they tie in terms of overall power.
    thank you for pointing this out god forbid if people who make threads like this can take the time to google jiraiya /:

YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!

Maybe he was...maybe he wasn't...the world will never know(unless it's stated in the anime/manga or by Kishimoto)

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pacifist

Quote Originally Posted by megaamine View Post
    he's a professional liar
    this too

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Because he is loyal to Konoha. He didn't want to have to harm or capture Naruto. He was lying. I'm merely telling you that he was talking about Naruto. If you read from right to left it becomes obvious that Jiraiya was not the initial subject of the conversation.

Kisame himself has zero reasons to fear it though. He isn't stupid, He wouldn't say someone is simply out of his league because itachi said so or Implies it

Kisame already dealt with naruto and got rid of the kyuubi problem

So why they would Fear it is beyond me, While kisame was never part of the leaf, i'm sure he was informed about the sannin/It's bijuu and it's jinchuuriki to a degree.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tired just Tired !!!

Itachi didn't get the name solo king for nothing

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luke is my son?!!!!....I have
    a son !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by November Nolove View Post
    Itachi didn't get the name solo king for nothing
    where was it mentioned in the manga .... hw abt NOWHERE ....... its just a pathetic title added to his name buy his annoying fanboys :sy:

itachi is NOT beating Jman

if anything Jman >= Itachi

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

when jiraya magically finds the speed in base to dodge amaterasu, this question can be asked

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Exaar View Post
    Kisame himself has zero reasons to fear it though. He isn't stupid, He wouldn't say someone is simply out of his league because itachi said so or Implies it

Kisame already dealt with naruto and got rid of the kyuubi problem

So why they would Fear it is beyond me, While kisame was never part of the leaf, i'm sure he was informed about the sannin/It's bijuu and it's jinchuuriki to a degree.
    Kisame didn't fear it because of something Itachi said - he was the one who started the conversation. He only stated that he wasn't sure if he could take it on. Not that he would lose. Just that there was doubt in his mind with regards to how successful he would be. In their actual meeting, Naruto released only a small amount of Kurama's chakra. He didn't undergo any transformations, and even then, Kisame found the chakra terrifying [1] and that preventing the Kyūbi's power from being used would be removing a problem/trouble [2]. The initial scan was clear. Kisame wasn't sure if he could take it on. Itachi overexaggerated in order to try and completely put Kisame off. Kisame was happy to have found the host in the first place and then goes on to talk about the babysitter, Jiraiya.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

The answer is very simple.Yes itachi lied to sasuke how does that correlate to this situation ?
    It doesn't stop being but hurt and except what kishi has written.

JMAN DATA BOOK

ITACHI DATABOOK

////////////////////////////////THREAD

Last edited by DeadManWonderLand; 12-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post
    when jiraya magically finds the speed in base to dodge amaterasu, this question can be asked
    Because the entire match depends on him dodging amaterasu ? Your logic so undeniable lol

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and i dont even care

I think he just didn't feel like wasting time, but I agree with him, whether or not it was a lie.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

id say it is somewhat true as kisame knows itachis techs not sure if he knew about susanoo but he knew about tsykiomi and amaterasu so i doubt kisame would be fooled that easy by itachis lie

KillYondaimeHaters Hiraishin Flash's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever seen a wild
    beast that you were sure
    wouldn't bite? I haven't...

Until the manga says itachi was lying itachi was telling the truth.

Jiraiya > itachi

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi wanted to avoid a fight with Jiraiya since he's one of the good guys, Itachi obviously isn't afraind of Jiraiya since he ****ed up Orochimaru without any problems what so ever. Itachi said it himself ''Even the strongest heroes have their weaknesses'''and remember that he's also the one who said that ''Every jutsu has a weakness''. He obviously doesn't fear anyone...

Itachi rapes Jiraiya any day...

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kisame didn't fear it because of something Itachi said - he was the one who started the conversation. He only stated that he wasn't sure if he could take it on. Not that he would lose. Just that there was doubt in his mind with regards to how successful he would be. In their actual meeting, Naruto released only a small amount of Kurama's chakra. He didn't undergo any transformations, and even then, Kisame found the chakra terrifying [1] and that preventing the Kyūbi's power from being used would be removing a problem/trouble [2]. The initial scan was clear. Kisame wasn't sure if he could take it on. Itachi overexaggerated in order to try and completely put Kisame off. Kisame was happy to have found the host in the first place and then goes on to talk about the babysitter, Jiraiya.
    Well apparently a translator from NF (Naruto forums) ShounenSuki Seems to also believe that they were indeed talking of jiraiya

Originally Posted by ShounenSuki View Post
    The sentence most people fall over seems to be 「お守りが あの“伝説の三忍”とは」, which is usually translated as "His guard is one of the "legendary 3 ninja's"

However, translate it as "Naruto's caretaker..." or "The caretaker..." or something like that, and it becomes much more clear that they have been talking about Jiraiya. To be honest, even translating it as "His caretaker..." suggests this, but the "his" can be confusing as it suggests they have been talking about the person pronoun refers to. In the Japanese, there is no pronoun at all. It just says "caretaker".
    and another one from Gottheim

Originally Posted by Gottheim
    I went through the Japanese Internet (2chan, among others) to see what they think. The general consensus there seems to be that the whole conversation was about Jiraiya, not Naruto (Kyuubi) then Jiraiya as I thought.

They do have a problem with it, but it has to do with the contradiction between Itachi's claims that Jiraiya could handle Kisame+Itachi+reinforcements and Orochimaru saying that Itachi surpasses him (which is kinda reminiscent of a certain "Back then, he saw through everything I did"). To say nothing of the feats that have been displayed in the manga, which effectively put Jiraiya a cut above the rest of the Sannin and more or less on par with Itachi. Slightly below or above him, depending on which side of the fence you sit on.

This effectively settles the argument in the opposition's favor. Those who said it was all about Jiraiya were actually right, and I now I get to eat crow
    I cannot say how believeable these are though since i don't know them and dont use NF.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    Itachi wanted to avoid a fight with Jiraiya since he's one of the good guys, Itachi obviously isn't afraind of Jiraiya since he ****ed up Orochimaru without any problems what so ever. Itachi said it himself ''Even the strongest heroes have their weaknesses'''and remember that he's also the one who said that ''Every jutsu has a weakness''. He obviously doesn't fear anyone...

Itachi rapes Jiraiya any day...
    like you said everything has a weakness so that imply's itachi as well as he aint perfect im not sure who would win but to think it would be itachi every time is ridicules also we havent seen jiraiya fight a genjutsu user so we dont know what his battle plan would be

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Exaar View Post
    Well apparently a translator from NF (Naruto forums) ShounenSuki Seems to also believe that they were indeed talking of jiraiya
    This one is just talking about the second half of the conversation.

and another one from Gottheim

I cannot say how believeable these are though since i don't know them and dont use NF.
    And this was just a rumour with no actual evidence. Kirin Rei is a well known translator and this is what she had to say;

The above translation is way off.

Kisame - You could somehow win, but I couldn't stand up to such an opponent for more than a couple of minutes... It's on a completely different level.
    Itachi - Ah... Either (we) both (he says both/two, meaning him and Kisame) would die, or it would be a draw... The result wouldn't change even if we increased our numbers.
    Kisame - It was good that we found him at the ramen shop... And he has one of the Legendary Sannin as a lucky charm. That guy (Jiraiya) might be a fair match for the strongest Uchiha from Konoha and the Mist's strongest swordsman.
    Itachi - Hmm, even so... It's said that every strong man has a weakness...

Kisame and Itachi were talking about the Kyuubi, not Jiraiya. Kisame brings the topic of Jiraiya up later on in the conversation and Itachi acknowledges that he's strong, but he says that he has a weakness. *girls girls girls*

It seems as if Kisame was babbling on about taking the Kyuubi on, that he couldn't do it more than a couple of minutes but Itachi would have a chance. Itachi states that they both wouldn't stand a chance of winning, even if they increased their numbers. Kisame states that it was lucky to find Naruto in the ramen shop but Jiraiya would pose a problem and Itachi just says; girls girls girls.
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=161132

This view is also supported by the VIZ translation.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

da fuq? obviously he didnt want kisame to kill naruto or jiraiya.... itachi only saved jiraiya because he needed him to teach and protect naruto......oro is better than jiraiya, itachi one shotted him with 3 tomoe at age 13.........

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama2012 View Post
    like you said everything has a weakness so that imply's itachi as well as he aint perfect im not sure who would win but to think it would be itachi every time is ridicules also we havent seen jiraiya fight a genjutsu user so we dont know what his battle plan would be
    not even being a fanboy but at that point he was most likely pretty perfect

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This one is just talking about the second half of the conversation.

And this was just a rumour with no actual evidence. Kirin Rei is a well known translator and this is what she had to say;

http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=161132

This view is also supported by the VIZ translation.
    Guess it comes down to who you believe.

Still makes zero sense that kisame talks like that about a Genin child simply because the kyuubi is sealed inside him, especially when he fought a perfect jinchuuriki in part two. (assuming he is as powerful in Part one as he is in Part 2).

Kisame said he is in another league befor itachi even "overexaggerated" the situation.
    To me it's far more logical for them to be talking about jiraiya one of the 3 Ninja who is a Kage level shinobi, Than a Mere Child Genin who happens to have the kyuubi sealed inside of him.

Naruto has zero hype about him in the shinobi world, So why doubt would enter kisames mind in the first place is strange.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thnk it was a mistranslation and that itachi was talking about the kyuubi breaking free not jiraiya

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi lied