Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 51
  1. #21
    Luzbel's Avatar
    Status
    Luzbel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    31,924
    Location
    Unknown
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibakuu Tensei View Post
    he was obviously lying loool he alone would be too much for jman much less kisame
    J-Man > Itachi.

     
         

  2. #22
    Trollo Lucilfer's Avatar
    Status
    Trollo Lucilfer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,498
    Location
    The village hidden in your ass
    Boooooooo
     



    Re: Was itachi lying?

    he's a professional liar
     
         

  3. #23
    Kage Exaar's Avatar
    Status
    Exaar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,051
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Kisame didn't need convincing. And it's true that Itachi wanted to avoid fighting Jiraiya because of his love for Konoha. But he was talking about the Kyūbi when he made that infamous statement. All he said about Jiraiya was that 'even the greatest of heroes have their weaknesses' or something along those lines.
    So Itachi was worried about a almost completely sealed/suppressed kyuubi when the man standing next to him is a perfect match for fighting jinchuuriki and can even go Toe to Toe with a perfect jinchuuriki?.

    Itachi or kisame had zero reasons to worry about the kyuubi.
     
         

  4. #24
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,288
    Location
    London
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exaar View Post
    So Itachi was worried about a almost completely sealed/suppressed kyuubi when the man standing next to him is a perfect match for fighting jinchuuriki and can even go Toe to Toe with a perfect jinchuuriki?.

    Itachi or kisame had zero reasons to worry about the kyuubi.

    Because he is loyal to Konoha. He didn't want to have to harm or capture Naruto. He was lying. I'm merely telling you that he was talking about Naruto. If you read from right to left it becomes obvious that Jiraiya was not the initial subject of the conversation.

     
         

  5. #25
    SIR DERP OBITO's Avatar
    Status
    SIR DERP OBITO is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    35,437
    Location
    Empyrean
    This user has derp status
     



    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Let's look at the stats: in the official handbook Jiraiya had a total stats of 35.5 while Itachi also had 35.5 so they tie in terms of overall power.
     
         

  6. #26
    Banned
    Status
    lol99 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,846
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    nah itachi and kisame were afraid of nardo, i mean who can handle a 12 year old kid
     
         

  7. #27
    YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Sharingan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,833
    Location
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Enjoying the Rain.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Maybe he was...maybe he wasn't...the world will never know(unless it's stated in the anime/manga or by Kishimoto)
     
         

  8. #28
    Member TruthLover19's Avatar
    Status
    TruthLover19 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    959
    Location
    In The Ultimate Reality
    OG
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaamine View Post
    he's a professional liar
    this too
     
         

  9. #29
    Kage Exaar's Avatar
    Status
    Exaar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,051
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Because he is loyal to Konoha. He didn't want to have to harm or capture Naruto. He was lying. I'm merely telling you that he was talking about Naruto. If you read from right to left it becomes obvious that Jiraiya was not the initial subject of the conversation.

    Kisame himself has zero reasons to fear it though. He isn't stupid, He wouldn't say someone is simply out of his league because itachi said so or Implies it

    Kisame already dealt with naruto and got rid of the kyuubi problem


    So why they would Fear it is beyond me, While kisame was never part of the leaf, i'm sure he was informed about the sannin/It's bijuu and it's jinchuuriki to a degree.
     
         

  10. #30
    Nerd November's Avatar
    Status
    November is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,601
    Location
    My Room
    Tired just Tired !!!
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Itachi didn't get the name solo king for nothing
     
         

  11. #31
    ★Darth Vader★ Anakin Skywalker's Avatar
    Status
    Anakin Skywalker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    918
    Luke is my son?!!!!....I have
    a son !!!!
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by November Nolove View Post
    Itachi didn't get the name solo king for nothing
    where was it mentioned in the manga .... hw abt NOWHERE ....... its just a pathetic title added to his name buy his annoying fanboys :sy:

    itachi is NOT beating Jman

    if anything Jman >= Itachi
     
         

  12. #32
    終 充琉寿 Owarij's Avatar
    Status
    Owarij is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,331
    Location
    Valyria
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    when jiraya magically finds the speed in base to dodge amaterasu, this question can be asked
     
         

  13. #33
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,288
    Location
    London
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exaar View Post
    Kisame himself has zero reasons to fear it though. He isn't stupid, He wouldn't say someone is simply out of his league because itachi said so or Implies it

    Kisame already dealt with naruto and got rid of the kyuubi problem


    So why they would Fear it is beyond me, While kisame was never part of the leaf, i'm sure he was informed about the sannin/It's bijuu and it's jinchuuriki to a degree.
    Kisame didn't fear it because of something Itachi said - he was the one who started the conversation. He only stated that he wasn't sure if he could take it on. Not that he would lose. Just that there was doubt in his mind with regards to how successful he would be. In their actual meeting, Naruto released only a small amount of Kurama's chakra. He didn't undergo any transformations, and even then, Kisame found the chakra terrifying [1] and that preventing the Kyūbi's power from being used would be removing a problem/trouble [2]. The initial scan was clear. Kisame wasn't sure if he could take it on. Itachi overexaggerated in order to try and completely put Kisame off. Kisame was happy to have found the host in the first place and then goes on to talk about the babysitter, Jiraiya.
     
         

  14. #34
    Enel is that dude TheCCV's Avatar
    Status
    TheCCV is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,412
    and i dont even care
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    I think he just didn't feel like wasting time, but I agree with him, whether or not it was a lie.
     
         

  15. #35
    Senior Member Kurama2012's Avatar
    Status
    Kurama2012 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,736
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    id say it is somewhat true as kisame knows itachis techs not sure if he knew about susanoo but he knew about tsykiomi and amaterasu so i doubt kisame would be fooled that easy by itachis lie
     
         

  16. #36
    d-_-b <-- Music is life FleeOnSight's Avatar
    Status
    FleeOnSight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,932
    Location
    Texas
    If it makes you nervous you're
    doing it right..
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Until the manga says itachi was lying itachi was telling the truth.

    Jiraiya > itachi
     
         

  17. #37
    Uchiha member. ixc's Avatar
    Status
    ixc is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Itachi wanted to avoid a fight with Jiraiya since he's one of the good guys, Itachi obviously isn't afraind of Jiraiya since he ****ed up Orochimaru without any problems what so ever. Itachi said it himself ''Even the strongest heroes have their weaknesses'''and remember that he's also the one who said that ''Every jutsu has a weakness''. He obviously doesn't fear anyone...

    Itachi rapes Jiraiya any day...
     
         

  18. #38
    Kage Exaar's Avatar
    Status
    Exaar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,051
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Kisame didn't fear it because of something Itachi said - he was the one who started the conversation. He only stated that he wasn't sure if he could take it on. Not that he would lose. Just that there was doubt in his mind with regards to how successful he would be. In their actual meeting, Naruto released only a small amount of Kurama's chakra. He didn't undergo any transformations, and even then, Kisame found the chakra terrifying [1] and that preventing the Kyūbi's power from being used would be removing a problem/trouble [2]. The initial scan was clear. Kisame wasn't sure if he could take it on. Itachi overexaggerated in order to try and completely put Kisame off. Kisame was happy to have found the host in the first place and then goes on to talk about the babysitter, Jiraiya.
    Well apparently a translator from NF (Naruto forums) ShounenSuki Seems to also believe that they were indeed talking of jiraiya


    Originally Posted by ShounenSuki View Post
    The sentence most people fall over seems to be 「お守りが あの“伝説の三忍”とは」, which is usually translated as "His guard is one of the "legendary 3 ninja's"

    However, translate it as "Naruto's caretaker..." or "The caretaker..." or something like that, and it becomes much more clear that they have been talking about Jiraiya. To be honest, even translating it as "His caretaker..." suggests this, but the "his" can be confusing as it suggests they have been talking about the person pronoun refers to. In the Japanese, there is no pronoun at all. It just says "caretaker".
    and another one from Gottheim

    Originally Posted by Gottheim
    I went through the Japanese Internet (2chan, among others) to see what they think. The general consensus there seems to be that the whole conversation was about Jiraiya, not Naruto (Kyuubi) then Jiraiya as I thought.

    They do have a problem with it, but it has to do with the contradiction between Itachi's claims that Jiraiya could handle Kisame+Itachi+reinforcements and Orochimaru saying that Itachi surpasses him (which is kinda reminiscent of a certain "Back then, he saw through everything I did"). To say nothing of the feats that have been displayed in the manga, which effectively put Jiraiya a cut above the rest of the Sannin and more or less on par with Itachi. Slightly below or above him, depending on which side of the fence you sit on.

    This effectively settles the argument in the opposition's favor. Those who said it was all about Jiraiya were actually right, and I now I get to eat crow
    I cannot say how believeable these are though since i don't know them and dont use NF.
     
         

  19. #39
    Senior Member Kurama2012's Avatar
    Status
    Kurama2012 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,736
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    Itachi wanted to avoid a fight with Jiraiya since he's one of the good guys, Itachi obviously isn't afraind of Jiraiya since he ****ed up Orochimaru without any problems what so ever. Itachi said it himself ''Even the strongest heroes have their weaknesses'''and remember that he's also the one who said that ''Every jutsu has a weakness''. He obviously doesn't fear anyone...

    Itachi rapes Jiraiya any day...
    like you said everything has a weakness so that imply's itachi as well as he aint perfect im not sure who would win but to think it would be itachi every time is ridicules also we havent seen jiraiya fight a genjutsu user so we dont know what his battle plan would be
     
         

  20. #40
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,288
    Location
    London
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Was itachi lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exaar View Post
    Well apparently a translator from NF (Naruto forums) ShounenSuki Seems to also believe that they were indeed talking of jiraiya
    This one is just talking about the second half of the conversation.

    and another one from Gottheim



    I cannot say how believeable these are though since i don't know them and dont use NF.
    And this was just a rumour with no actual evidence. Kirin Rei is a well known translator and this is what she had to say;

    The above translation is way off.

    Kisame - You could somehow win, but I couldn't stand up to such an opponent for more than a couple of minutes... It's on a completely different level.
    Itachi - Ah... Either (we) both (he says both/two, meaning him and Kisame) would die, or it would be a draw... The result wouldn't change even if we increased our numbers.
    Kisame - It was good that we found him at the ramen shop... And he has one of the Legendary Sannin as a lucky charm. That guy (Jiraiya) might be a fair match for the strongest Uchiha from Konoha and the Mist's strongest swordsman.
    Itachi - Hmm, even so... It's said that every strong man has a weakness...

    Kisame and Itachi were talking about the Kyuubi, not Jiraiya. Kisame brings the topic of Jiraiya up later on in the conversation and Itachi acknowledges that he's strong, but he says that he has a weakness. *girls girls girls*

    It seems as if Kisame was babbling on about taking the Kyuubi on, that he couldn't do it more than a couple of minutes but Itachi would have a chance. Itachi states that they both wouldn't stand a chance of winning, even if they increased their numbers. Kisame states that it was lucky to find Naruto in the ramen shop but Jiraiya would pose a problem and Itachi just says; girls girls girls.
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=161132

    This view is also supported by the VIZ translation.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •