Senior Member Cyanide Addiction's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    I'm back in black... but I am
    not sure about the hitting of
    the sack...

Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    yes? I had that scan on the thread.....he was honoring his pact.

He could have just killed him when he met him. But he instead agreed to Itachi's terms in exchange for his services(joining the akatsuki)

Why would he let Itachi join if he saw him as a threat?
    Keep your friends close.. and your enemies closer. Especially those who pose a threat, possibly to your life.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Narutoboss222 View Post
    That's not the point. Kakashi still took on Obito and Itachi can take on virtually every ninja in the Narutoverse. Like i said before it wont be easy to take on a MS Obito because of his illness but Itachi is smarter than Obito so he would kill him before Obito kills him.
    and Kakashi took on Itachi as well in their second battle? Your point?

Can you give conclusive evidence of where it says Itachi is smarter?

We can name feats if you like? and I assure you that Obito has a lot more that prove his intelligence.

If Itachi was so smart, wouldn't he have been able to figure out a way to save the Uchiha clan and quell the rebellion?

Wouldn't Itachi have found a way to get rid of Obito earlier, saving konoha, his brother, and the rest of the world form his plan?

No didn't think so.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Addiction View Post
    Keep your friends close.. and your enemies closer. Especially those who pose a threat, possibly to your life.
    him being an enemy doesn't mean he was afraid. Obito had the advantage, because Itachi is working for him. Ofcourse that doesn't mean he has to trust him either. But not afraid if the circumstance arises.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Best Ever View Post
    Itachi could best most of them except nagato but kisame is on itachi side and most of the akatsuki do their jobs for the thrill and madara said he was the only one in his way and they all couldn't wait for itachi to show his tech even zetsu the only shinobi to have seen and recorded every fight in history said itachi susano is invincible the only way they beat him is if he's going blind
    Except Yata mirror is a shield that only protects the front side. It doesn't stop Itachi from drowning in water, like Kisame's water bumble, it doesn't protect Itachi from the sand on the ground like Gaara used on Madara. and it doesn't protect Itachi from Obito teleporting right beside him.

Itachi can't defend himself against all of akatsuki at the same time.

Status
    Jan 2011
    the sack...

him being an enemy doesn't mean he was afraid. Obito had the advantage, because Itachi is working for him. Ofcourse that doesn't mean he has to trust him either. But not afraid if the circumstance arises.
    You've also not been reading my posts. I know I've said at least once that Obito is scared of nothing. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

You've also not been reading my posts. I know I've said at least once that Obito is scared of nothing. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be.
    I read that part yeah. But talking about whether he should or shouldn't be scared of something just leads into more conflict on who's better, Obito or Itachi....and I honestly don't want to get more into it.

Last edited by Lightbringer; 12-31-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    the sack...

I read that part yeah. But talking about whether he should or shouldn't be scared of something just leads into more conflict on who's better, Obito or Itachi.
    Oh without a doubt Itachi had the potential to beat Obito, but Itachi's goal was never to become the most powerful Shinobi the Uchiha had ever seen. His goal was peace. To protect his brother. He admitted his shortcomings in the end. But there was never any doubt that he could have been as strong as Madara had he chosen the path Madara had. It seems that Sasuke is closer to that path than Madara.. but obviously his goals are different than Madara's.

Banned
    Status
    Kneel to the King of NB

and Kakashi took on Itachi as well in their second battle? Your point?

Can you give conclusive evidence of where it says Itachi is smarter?

We can name feats if you like? and I assure you that Obito has a lot more that prove his intelligence.

If Itachi was so smart, wouldn't he have been able to figure out a way to save the Uchiha clan and quell the rebellion?

Wouldn't Itachi have found a way to get rid of Obito earlier, saving konoha, his brother, and the rest of the world form his plan?

No didn't think so.
    That wasn't the real Itachi in the 2nd battle lol it turned out to be a fodder ninja. Kisame and Itachi just gave the Itachi clone chakra. Itachi is not invincible you know....he can't save the entire Naruto world but he played a massive part in saving the Naruto world by defeating Kabuto and making Sasuke powerful. Itachi beat Kakashi by standing still in there first battle lol if they battled now Itachi would have to move but he would still finish Kakashi with Tsukuyomi as there is no way Kakashi can break it.

Last edited by Narutoboss222; 12-31-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Oh without a doubt Itachi had the potential to beat Obito, but Itachi's goal was never to become the most powerful Shinobi the Uchiha had ever seen. His goal was peace. To protect his brother. He admitted his shortcomings in the end. But there was never any doubt that he could have been as strong as Madara had he chosen the path Madara had. It seems that Sasuke is closer to that path than Madara.. but obviously his goals are different than Madara's.
    Potential, yes, but that doesn't that is a sure outcome. and yeah obviously.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Narutoboss222 View Post
    That wasn't the real Itachi in the 2nd battle lol it turned out to be a fodder ninja. Kisame and Itachi just gave the Itachi clone chakra. Itachi is not invincible you know....he can't save the entire Naruto world but he played a massive part in saving the Naruto world by defeating Kabuto and making Sasuke powerful. Itachi beat Kakashi by standing still in there first battle lol if they battled now Itachi would have to move but he would still finish Kakashi with Tsukuyomi as there is no way Kakashi can break it.
    So you're admitting he's not invincible yet you claim he can go up against the gedo, the akatsuki, and obito who has more chakra/stamina, and mokuton......mokuton, one of the most powerful tech known to the shinobi world?

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

thats the longest thread i have ever seen i wonder if persons read all that or just view pictures and a portion like what i did.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by zesto View Post
    thats the longest thread i have ever seen i wonder if persons read all that or just view pictures and a portion like what i did.
    mostly they don't read and just post dumb shit, and I keep responding to them, rephrasing my entire thread for their lazy asses.

It's not even that long. There is like not that much text compared to most threads, and it's pretty spaced out so it's easily readable.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

anyways.....he wasn't scared but Itachi had pose a major threat, he could take out obito quite easily since he also possess a sharigan and knows about IZANAMI, something obito wasn't seen doing at all. Also do you think that everyone would team up to take out Itachi, Kisame would have betrayed his orders, since he had a close relationship.......Maybe Konan would interfere in this war also

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by zesto View Post
    anyways.....he wasn't scared but Itachi had pose a major threat, he could take out obito quite easily since he also possess a sharigan and knows about IZANAMI, something obito wasn't seen doing at all. Also do you think that everyone would team up to take out Itachi, Kisame would have betrayed his orders, since he had a close relationship.......Maybe Konan would interfere in this war also
    why do people think Izanami is the solution to everything?

Obviously Obito knows about it if he knows about Izanagi. Madara said he taught him the Uchiha Kinjutsu(which includes Izanagi, Izanami, and everything else)

Itachi didn't learn Izanami on his own. The clan most likely taught it to him. He even said that Izanami was made to counter Izanagi, so many people from the Uchiha know how to do it.....

Kisame joined akatsuki because he trusted in Obito. Obito told him he would create a world with no lies and that's why he joined in the first place.

Kisame killed himself in order to protect akatsuki's secrets.

He's the most loyal of all.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Chillin

Shut up u sound....well you know how you sound to a boss that's how you got fired

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by KING KISAME View Post
    Shut up u sound....well you know how you sound to a boss that's how you got fired
    what? lol

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

of course he wasn't afraid of Itachi. he was just wary and appreciative of his abilities as he knew that Itachi was the only Akatsuki whose agenda took priority over the Akatsuki's. he just honoured Itachi's agreement not to destroy Konoha because the kyuubi has to be sealed last. it was convenient for Tobi not to let Itachi stir shit up and let him eliminate himself via sasuke, while they collected bijuu for him. otherwise he would have set nagato on him and be done with that.

also, if itachi was confident about his ability to defeat tobi he wouldnt have gone for a backstabbing move but would have destroyed him in one of their encounters. after all, madara was only a 'shell' of his former self

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Baka Sennin View Post
    of course he wasn't afraid of Itachi. he was just wary and appreciative of his abilities as he knew that Itachi was the only Akatsuki whose agenda took priority over the Akatsuki's. he just honoured Itachi's agreement not to destroy Konoha because the kyuubi has to be sealed last. it was convenient for Tobi not to let Itachi stir shit up and let him eliminate himself via sasuke, while they collected bijuu for him. otherwise he would have set nagato on him and be done with that.

also, if itachi was confident about his ability to defeat tobi he wouldnt have gone for a backstabbing move but would have destroyed him in one of their encounters. after all, madara was only a 'shell' of his former self
    someone with some sense!

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

He was more than sarced of itachi.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by madarasasuke5 View Post
    He was more than sarced of itachi.
    Did you even read the thread?

can back this statement up with evidence?