Page 2 of 18 « First 12345612 ... Last»
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

Quote Originally Posted by Zlad View Post
    It's more a wrong translate. What he meant is that he would never get Sasuke if Itachi were alive. Good to analyse that sharingan Tobi can use Gedo mazo, because that's something people do not know, though I knew it.
    yep! They had mutual respect for each other which is why they agreed to each others terms. Obito doesn't harm Konoha or Sasuke, and Itachi probably joined akatsuki in exchange.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutoboss222 View Post
    Obito may be intangible but people who are intangible also has a intangibility weakness kid. Itachi is smart and capable enough of figureing out obitos weakness and exploiting it. Therefore he will kill finish him. Bye kid.
    The intelligence argument, commonly used by Itachi fanboys when they have no real argument.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Obito may be intangible but people who are intangible also has a intangibility weakness kid. Itachi is smart and capable enough of figureing out obitos weakness and exploiting it. Therefore he will kill finish him. Bye kid.
    if Itachi was so powerful, why didn't he just kill Obito in the first place instead of following his orders?

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kneel to the King of NB

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Sorry but Obito is smart also. How will Itachi find his "secret hideout"? He doesn't have that ability, only Nagato does. Obito can also teleport away to his other dimension and let akatsuki handle it.
    You got a point there but Itachi should not be underestimated. And you are underestimating him now.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This was when he already had the rinnegan.

I'm talking about when he just had the sharingan. He would have as great of control over it compared to with a rinnegan.

And I if he were to be scared of anyone, it would most likely be Nagato.....not that he was scared of him.
    Sorry to disappoint you but obito could already use gedo before he got the rinnegan. The reason why obito fought hard to get madara's eyes is because he can use the six of pain technique. The one that shares the views in each body.

Pein is the only person who can use these technique effectively with rinne tech. Obito just use it to keep the same ability(bijuu ability) in the six bodies and do all the rinne technique with just his body. Which is really cheap too.

Last edited by VariaBossX; 12-30-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes he was.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kneel to the King of NB

if Itachi was so powerful, why didn't he just kill Obito in the first place instead of following his orders?
    His fight was with Sasuke not Obito dude. His duty was to fight Sasuke and if he were to fight Obito he would suffer injuries by defeating him and he may also go blind after he won the fight with Obito dude. He would of failed Sasuke then.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If Itachi thought he was stronger than Obito, and if Itachi wasn't scared, he would've simply killed him. Itachi had everything to lose. Sasuke, Konoha, the Kyūbi's host etc. What reason did he have for keeping Obito alive? None. Obito had nothing to lose, only something to gain. He wanted Sasuke. He knew Itachi would allow Sasuke to progress and awaken the Mangekyō Sharingan. He wanted Itachi to help Akatsuki capture bijū. But he wasn't essential. There were other members to help for that. Obito was never scared of Itachi, he used the latter as a tool. Itachi waited until after his death to even make a move. Caught Obito off guard and had him saying that the cheap shot would've been lethal (at that very moment) had Itachi known more about him. Says it all really.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but obito could already use gedo before he got the rinnegan. The reason why obito fought hard to get madara's eyes is because he can use the six of pain technique. The one that shares the views in each body.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying.

I know Obito could control it before he got the rinnegan, but rinnegan most likely offers better control which is why Madara gave him an alternative.

So if it was a battle of control between Nagato and Obito for the Gedo, I'd wager Nagato would win due to his rinnegan.

But as I said....Obito being afraid of Nagato was just an example, not a fact.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon1 View Post
    Why would Nagato want it to move?

I like how Itachi fans always like to point out he's smart, as in being smart you're impossible to get defeated.
    why wouldnt he want it to move is the smart question. He can fight individually as well as the gedo. With out the rod lodged into your back. What kind of question is that?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

His fight was with Sasuke not Obito dude. His duty was to fight Sasuke and if he were to fight Obito he would suffer injuries by defeating him and he may also go blind after he won the fight with Obito dude. He would of failed Sasuke then.
    He already failed Sasuke lol

What about protecting sasuke from akatsuki, which is something he didn't want(hence amaterasu on Obito when sasuke met him)

He could just take out the Obito and take control of akatsuki.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What doesn't make sense is why he kept Itachi alive?

What does Itachi add to the Akatsuki, only thing he did was make Obito's plans wait longer.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't think you get what I'm saying.

I know Obito could control it before he got the rinnegan, but rinnegan most likely offers better control which is why Madara gave him an alternative.

So if it was a battle of control between Nagato and Obito for the Gedo, I'd wager Nagato would win due to his rinnegan.

But as I said....Obito being afraid of Nagato was just an example, not a fact.
    Nagato has senju lineage, so rinnegan gives you better use yes......but uchiha+senju is the same likewise.
    i would of like to see nagato use it as good as obito, instead of fighting with it from the waist up. Also not nearly dying in the process

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    If Itachi thought he was stronger than Obito, and if Itachi wasn't scared, he would've simply killed him. Itachi had everything to lose. Sasuke, Konoha, the Kyūbi's host etc. What reason did he have for keeping Obito alive? None. Obito had nothing to lose, only something to gain. He wanted Sasuke. He knew Itachi would allow Sasuke to progress and awaken the Mangekyō Sharingan. He wanted Itachi to help Akatsuki capture bijū. But he wasn't essential. There were other members to help for that. Obito was never scared of Itachi, he used the latter as a tool. Itachi waited until after his death to even make a move. Caught Obito off guard and had him saying that the cheap shot would've been lethal (at that very moment) had Itachi known more about him. Says it all really.
    Exactly!

IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

In no way was Obito scared of Itachi and here's the biggest reason.

Obito had akatsuki under his control and if he so chose, he could have commanded them to eliminate Itachi for him if he posed a threat. And there's no way Itachi could solo Akatsuki.

Obito stated that Sasuke's power will surpass Itachi's....so why would he risk giving Sasuke the EMS if he is already afraid of Itachi? Not to mention he already threatened to kill Sasuke if he doesn't obey which means he's unphased by their power.

They made a pact when they first met. Why would Obito be afraid of Itachi if they just only met and knew nothing of his powers? He could have just attacked him and tried to end his life, but he didn't. He just came to honor his agreement in exchange for help get revenge against the Uchiha.

He would be more afraid of Nagato's powers than anyone elses

He still had the powers of mokuton and the sharingan. Even as a kid, he did more damage than most characters and experienced more terror.

Obito could still control the Gedo with just the sharingan and Hashi cells. He knew the kinjutsu of the Uchiha along with other techs which Itachi had no knowledge of.

He already met the most terrifying force in the Naruto, Madara Uchiha, so why would he be afraid of someone like Itachi?

Obito is not afraid of itachi however being scared has nothing to do with what actually happened.Obito was stripped of the kyuubi and fled konoha.During that time after this and before the uchiha massacre he was the leader of the mist and was manipulating nagato and gathering memebers for akatskui.He wasnt taking on all the uchiha by himself.He needed assistance and itachi was the perfect chance.
    He was not scared but he knew his strength and the knowledge he possessed about konoha and akatakui.He would of caused major trouble and conflict if he faced off against itachi.So to avoid unnecessary conflict he waited since he knew he would die soon anyway.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    Nagato has senju lineage, so rinnegan gives you better use yes......but uchiha+senju is the same likewise.
    i would of like to see nagato use it as good as obito, instead of fighting with it from the waist up. Also not nearly dying in the process
    well regardless, I don't really know what we're arguing about. I said if Obito was to be afraid of an akatsuki member, it would be Nagato not Itachi.

I never said that he was indeed of afraid of Nagato. It was just an example. You get what I'm saying?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    What doesn't make sense is why he kept Itachi alive?

What does Itachi add to the Akatsuki, only thing he did was make Obito's plans wait longer.
    Because in exchange for sparing Konoha, Itachi would serve Obito and help capture bijuu....

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Be who you are and say
    what you feel, because those
    who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't
    mind." - Dr. Seuss

They were both afraid of each other.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kneel to the King of NB

He already failed Sasuke lol

What about protecting sasuke from akatsuki, which is something he didn't want(hence amaterasu on Obito when sasuke met him)

He could just take out the Obito and take control of akatsuki.
    He could of killed Obito and taken over the Akatsuki. That wasn't itachis aim though.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

He could of killed Obito and taken over the Akatsuki. That wasn't itachis aim though.
    it wasn't his aim because there was much risk involved and he was afraid. If he was that powerful, he could have sided with the Uchiha and defeated Konoha.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Because in exchange for sparing Konoha, Itachi would serve Obito and help capture bijuu....
    He never helps capturing the bijuu. Besides they have enough man power. Itachi adds absolutely nothing to the Akatsuki. He's only a hindrance. I'm not saying that he is stronger than Obito because he isn't but I can't think of any reason other than he was afraid to make a move.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    He never helps capturing the bijuu. Besides they have enough man power. Itachi adds absolutely nothing to the Akatsuki. He's only a hindrance. I'm not saying that he is stronger than Obito because he isn't but I can't think of any reason other than he was afraid to make a move.
    Each akatsuki has a team of 2. Akatsuki didn't only go after bijuu, but take missions from other countries for money. They are a mercenary force also

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kneel to the King of NB

Quote Originally Posted by KidGamer65 View Post
    The intelligence argument, commonly used by Itachi fanboys when they have no real argument.
    Your just a idiot who dosen't think intelligence plays a part in a fight. Get lost kid.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kneel to the King of NB

it wasn't his aim because there was much risk involved and he was afraid. If he was that powerful, he could have sided with the Uchiha and defeated Konoha.
    Nope. You just underestimate Itachi. End of story.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Each akatsuki has a team of 2. Akatsuki didn't only go after bijuu, but take missions from other countries for money. They are a mercenary force also

Yeah but Itachi never does anything, it's always Kisame doing all the work. I just feel like he does way more harm than good so why keep him.

Last edited by Talal; 12-30-2012 at 11:04 PM.