Page 3 of 22 « First 123456713 ... Last»
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    Nagato has senju lineage, so rinnegan gives you better use yes......but uchiha+senju is the same likewise.
    i would of like to see nagato use it as good as obito, instead of fighting with it from the waist up. Also not nearly dying in the process
    well regardless, I don't really know what we're arguing about. I said if Obito was to be afraid of an akatsuki member, it would be Nagato not Itachi.

I never said that he was indeed of afraid of Nagato. It was just an example. You get what I'm saying?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    What doesn't make sense is why he kept Itachi alive?

What does Itachi add to the Akatsuki, only thing he did was make Obito's plans wait longer.
    Because in exchange for sparing Konoha, Itachi would serve Obito and help capture bijuu....

Status
    Sep 2012
    "Be who you are and say
    what you feel, because those
    who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't
    mind." - Dr. Seuss

They were both afraid of each other.

Banned
    Status
    Kneel to the King of NB

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    He already failed Sasuke lol

What about protecting sasuke from akatsuki, which is something he didn't want(hence amaterasu on Obito when sasuke met him)

He could just take out the Obito and take control of akatsuki.
    He could of killed Obito and taken over the Akatsuki. That wasn't itachis aim though.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Narutoboss222 View Post
    He could of killed Obito and taken over the Akatsuki. That wasn't itachis aim though.
    it wasn't his aim because there was much risk involved and he was afraid. If he was that powerful, he could have sided with the Uchiha and defeated Konoha.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Because in exchange for sparing Konoha, Itachi would serve Obito and help capture bijuu....
    He never helps capturing the bijuu. Besides they have enough man power. Itachi adds absolutely nothing to the Akatsuki. He's only a hindrance. I'm not saying that he is stronger than Obito because he isn't but I can't think of any reason other than he was afraid to make a move.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

He never helps capturing the bijuu. Besides they have enough man power. Itachi adds absolutely nothing to the Akatsuki. He's only a hindrance. I'm not saying that he is stronger than Obito because he isn't but I can't think of any reason other than he was afraid to make a move.
    Each akatsuki has a team of 2. Akatsuki didn't only go after bijuu, but take missions from other countries for money. They are a mercenary force also

Banned
    Status
    Kneel to the King of NB

Quote Originally Posted by KidGamer65 View Post
    The intelligence argument, commonly used by Itachi fanboys when they have no real argument.
    Your just a idiot who dosen't think intelligence plays a part in a fight. Get lost kid.

Banned
    Status
    Kneel to the King of NB

it wasn't his aim because there was much risk involved and he was afraid. If he was that powerful, he could have sided with the Uchiha and defeated Konoha.
    Nope. You just underestimate Itachi. End of story.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Each akatsuki has a team of 2. Akatsuki didn't only go after bijuu, but take missions from other countries for money. They are a mercenary force also

Yeah but Itachi never does anything, it's always Kisame doing all the work. I just feel like he does way more harm than good so why keep him.

Last edited by Talal; 12-31-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Narutoboss222 View Post
    Nope. You just underestimate Itachi. End of story.
    And you underestimate Obito....end of story

how are you gonna justify a man who is going blind and dying of sickness being confident enough to defeat Obito and akatsuki?

fail fanboy!

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

well regardless, I don't really know what we're arguing about. I said if Obito was to be afraid of an akatsuki member, it would be Nagato not Itachi.

I never said that he was indeed of afraid of Nagato. It was just an example. You get what I'm saying?
    I'm not arguing about anything really, i was proving to you that obito feared no one. He was just concern of itachi exploiting his weakness.
    Itachi is good at at that kind of stuff, Example Kabuto. Kabuto would of destroyed itachi if not for his overconfidence, arrogance, and the help from sasuke. Although there was a point where sasuke was more of an obstacle than help.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

A common misconception. Just because Obito is scared of Itachi, does not mean that he is weaker than him.

If anything, Obito was cautious of Itachi's abilities as he was a thorn in his side, however note that Obito was still confident enough that he could dispose of him - note "IF Itachi knew my secrets, i'd be dead".

I'm not a fan of the "Itachi's intelligence" response. In fact I don't really like using intelligence that much in arguments at all. It's far too empty. Firstly, just because Itachi's shown to have good analytical skills, does not mean we can automatically assume that he has a solution to EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM he's faced with during a battle. Secondly, don't think that Itachi's the only one in Narutoverse that holds the title of "The Man with The Plan". Remember, Obito has done the following:

1. Taken control of the Akatsuki
    2. Manipulated members of the Akatsuki to his will behind the shadows
    3. Took on the persona of Madara Uchiha, a secret that would have been kept had Kabuto not summoned Madara.

My opinion:

MS Obito vs Itachi? - Close, but Obito wins
    MS + Rinnegan Obito vs Itachi? - Obito wins fairly easily

I know that Itachi's cool and everything but every good character has his weak points. I don't think he can beat Obito. Or Kabuto for that matter. But that's a different story....

Status
    Dec 2012
    Exact Standards

Obito was not scared of Itachi.
    With that being said, he did acknowledge that if he hadn't kept information from Itachi he would have likely been killed.

Last edited by Pekoms; 01-05-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Yeah but Itachi never does anything, it's always Kisame doing all the work. I just feel like he does way more harm than good so why keep him.
    Well Obito doesn't keep tabs on him every second. I don't think he really knows how much effort Itachi is putting in.

Nonetheless, they still need Itachi to help out with the Bijuu extraction.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    A common misconception. Just because Obito is scared of Itachi, does not mean that he is weaker than him.

If anything, Obito was cautious of Itachi's abilities as he was a thorn in his side, however note that Obito was still confident enough that he could dispose of him - note "IF Itachi knew my secrets, i'd be dead".

I'm not a fan of the "Itachi's intelligence" response. In fact I don't really like using intelligence that much in arguments at all. It's far too empty. Firstly, just because Itachi's shown to have good analytical skills, does not mean we can automatically assume that he has a solution to EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM he's faced with during a battle. Secondly, don't think that Itachi's the only one in Narutoverse that holds the title of "The Man with The Plan". Remember, Obito has done the following:

1. Taken control of the Akatsuki
    2. Manipulated members of the Akatsuki to his will behind the shadows
    3. Took on the persona of Madara Uchiha, a secret that would have been kept had Kabuto not summoned Madara.

My opinion:

MS Obito vs Itachi? - Close, but Obito wins
    MS + Rinnegan Obito vs Itachi? - Obito wins fairly easily

I know that Itachi's cool and everything but every good character has his weak points. I don't think he can beat Obito. Or Kabuto for that matter. But that's a different story....
    That's pretty much what I'm saying

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    I'm not arguing about anything really, i was proving to you that obito feared no one. He was just concern of itachi exploiting his weakness.
    Itachi is good at at that kind of stuff, Example Kabuto. Kabuto would of destroyed itachi if not for his overconfidence, arrogance, and the help from sasuke. Although there was a point where sasuke was more of an obstacle than help.
    I don't think Obito is afraid of anyone either and yeah pretty much

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Well Obito doesn't keep tabs on him every second. I don't think he really knows how much effort Itachi is putting in.

Nonetheless, they still need Itachi to help out with the Bijuu extraction.

Funny you mentioned that, I was just about to say that he doesn't even have that much chakra to contribute to the bijuu extraction. meh the whole thing doesn't make sense, I don't get why Itachi didn't just use KA on Obito.

Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

obito was just cautious, because if itachi finds out who he really is, itachi might not take side with him and his life long plan would be ruined. and i think he's aware of itachi's skills, techniques, intelligence and what he's capable of. obito respects itachi's abilities and he knows if he oppose itach,i his plan, technique and identity will be exposed. and it's all over for him. one wrong move in front of itachi and it's checkmate!

but if there will be a fight between them, a healthy itachi can whoop obito's ass, mid diff! ( this is just my opinion ) peace

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Funny you mentioned that, I was just about to say that he doesn't even have that much chakra to contribute to the bijuu extraction. meh the whole thing doesn't make sense, I don't get why Itachi didn't just use KA on Obito.
    I would assume Obito knows some secrets Itachi doesn't. Remember, Obito was able to control yagura, a jinchuriki. His control is very similar to a KA.