Page 3 of 18 « First 123456713 ... Last»
Results 51 to 75 of 435
  1. #51
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutoboss222 View Post
    Nope. You just underestimate Itachi. End of story.
    And you underestimate Obito....end of story

    how are you gonna justify a man who is going blind and dying of sickness being confident enough to defeat Obito and akatsuki?

    fail fanboy!
     
         

  2. #52
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    well regardless, I don't really know what we're arguing about. I said if Obito was to be afraid of an akatsuki member, it would be Nagato not Itachi.

    I never said that he was indeed of afraid of Nagato. It was just an example. You get what I'm saying?
    I'm not arguing about anything really, i was proving to you that obito feared no one. He was just concern of itachi exploiting his weakness.
    Itachi is good at at that kind of stuff, Example Kabuto. Kabuto would of destroyed itachi if not for his overconfidence, arrogance, and the help from sasuke. Although there was a point where sasuke was more of an obstacle than help.
     
         

  3. #53
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    A common misconception. Just because Obito is scared of Itachi, does not mean that he is weaker than him.

    If anything, Obito was cautious of Itachi's abilities as he was a thorn in his side, however note that Obito was still confident enough that he could dispose of him - note "IF Itachi knew my secrets, i'd be dead".

    I'm not a fan of the "Itachi's intelligence" response. In fact I don't really like using intelligence that much in arguments at all. It's far too empty. Firstly, just because Itachi's shown to have good analytical skills, does not mean we can automatically assume that he has a solution to EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM he's faced with during a battle. Secondly, don't think that Itachi's the only one in Narutoverse that holds the title of "The Man with The Plan". Remember, Obito has done the following:

    1. Taken control of the Akatsuki
    2. Manipulated members of the Akatsuki to his will behind the shadows
    3. Took on the persona of Madara Uchiha, a secret that would have been kept had Kabuto not summoned Madara.

    My opinion:

    MS Obito vs Itachi? - Close, but Obito wins
    MS + Rinnegan Obito vs Itachi? - Obito wins fairly easily

    I know that Itachi's cool and everything but every good character has his weak points. I don't think he can beat Obito. Or Kabuto for that matter. But that's a different story....
     
         

  4. #54
    Pekoms's Avatar
    Status
    Pekoms is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dark Continent
    Posts
    3,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elastic Love
     



    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Obito was not scared of Itachi.
    With that being said, he did acknowledge that if he hadn't kept information from Itachi he would have likely been killed.
     
         
    Last edited by Pekoms; 01-05-2013 at 10:26 PM.

  5. #55
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    Yeah but Itachi never does anything, it's always Kisame doing all the work. I just feel like he does way more harm than good so why keep him.
    Well Obito doesn't keep tabs on him every second. I don't think he really knows how much effort Itachi is putting in.

    Nonetheless, they still need Itachi to help out with the Bijuu extraction.

     
         

  6. #56
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    A common misconception. Just because Obito is scared of Itachi, does not mean that he is weaker than him.

    If anything, Obito was cautious of Itachi's abilities as he was a thorn in his side, however note that Obito was still confident enough that he could dispose of him - note "IF Itachi knew my secrets, i'd be dead".

    I'm not a fan of the "Itachi's intelligence" response. In fact I don't really like using intelligence that much in arguments at all. It's far too empty. Firstly, just because Itachi's shown to have good analytical skills, does not mean we can automatically assume that he has a solution to EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM he's faced with during a battle. Secondly, don't think that Itachi's the only one in Narutoverse that holds the title of "The Man with The Plan". Remember, Obito has done the following:

    1. Taken control of the Akatsuki
    2. Manipulated members of the Akatsuki to his will behind the shadows
    3. Took on the persona of Madara Uchiha, a secret that would have been kept had Kabuto not summoned Madara.

    My opinion:

    MS Obito vs Itachi? - Close, but Obito wins
    MS + Rinnegan Obito vs Itachi? - Obito wins fairly easily

    I know that Itachi's cool and everything but every good character has his weak points. I don't think he can beat Obito. Or Kabuto for that matter. But that's a different story....
    That's pretty much what I'm saying
     
         

  7. #57
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post
    I'm not arguing about anything really, i was proving to you that obito feared no one. He was just concern of itachi exploiting his weakness.
    Itachi is good at at that kind of stuff, Example Kabuto. Kabuto would of destroyed itachi if not for his overconfidence, arrogance, and the help from sasuke. Although there was a point where sasuke was more of an obstacle than help.
    I don't think Obito is afraid of anyone either and yeah pretty much
     
         

  8. #58
    Member
    Status
    Talal is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    959
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Well Obito doesn't keep tabs on him every second. I don't think he really knows how much effort Itachi is putting in.

    Nonetheless, they still need Itachi to help out with the Bijuu extraction.

    Funny you mentioned that, I was just about to say that he doesn't even have that much chakra to contribute to the bijuu extraction. meh the whole thing doesn't make sense, I don't get why Itachi didn't just use KA on Obito.
     
         

  9. #59
    Member iamsuperboggs's Avatar
    Status
    iamsuperboggs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    obito was just cautious, because if itachi finds out who he really is, itachi might not take side with him and his life long plan would be ruined. and i think he's aware of itachi's skills, techniques, intelligence and what he's capable of. obito respects itachi's abilities and he knows if he oppose itach,i his plan, technique and identity will be exposed. and it's all over for him. one wrong move in front of itachi and it's checkmate!

    but if there will be a fight between them, a healthy itachi can whoop obito's ass, mid diff! ( this is just my opinion ) peace
     
         

  10. #60
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    Funny you mentioned that, I was just about to say that he doesn't even have that much chakra to contribute to the bijuu extraction. meh the whole thing doesn't make sense, I don't get why Itachi didn't just use KA on Obito.
    I would assume Obito knows some secrets Itachi doesn't. Remember, Obito was able to control yagura, a jinchuriki. His control is very similar to a KA.
     
         

  11. #61
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsuperboggs View Post
    obito was just cautious, because if itachi finds out who he really is, itachi might not take side with him and his life long plan would be ruined. and i think he's aware of itachi's skills, techniques, intelligence and what he's capable of. obito respects itachi's abilities and he knows if he oppose itach,i his plan, technique and identity will be exposed. and it's all over for him. one wrong move in front of itachi and it's checkmate!

    but if there will be a fight between them, a healthy itachi can whoop obito's ass, mid diff! ( this is just my opinion ) peace
    Yeah but as I said, Obito has control over akatsuki. One word from him and he could have them hunt down Itachi for him if he so chose.

    Not to mention that Obito could control the gedo without the rinnegan.
     
         

  12. #62
    Senior Member BenjerminGaye's Avatar
    Status
    BenjerminGaye is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The city of Townsville
    Posts
    8,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOOD?I love it. CHICKENS i
    BAKE; But if you want BEEF
    then your life is at STEAK!!!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    I think obito was cautious because he learned from his mistakes. Last time he jumped the gun he lost kurama to minato. In waiting waiting not only did he get itachi's services but he also got sasuke after itachi's death. Also bcuz of itachi danzo stayed away.
     
         

  13. #63
    Senior Member BenjerminGaye's Avatar
    Status
    BenjerminGaye is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The city of Townsville
    Posts
    8,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOOD?I love it. CHICKENS i
    BAKE; But if you want BEEF
    then your life is at STEAK!!!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutoboss222 View Post
    Nope. You just underestimate Itachi. End of story.
    If itachi was that smart how comes after all this time even when he came back as an edo and died again he didn't figure out obito was lying about bring madara? I mean minato figured it out in one fight. Kust saying.
     
         

  14. #64
    Senior Member BenjerminGaye's Avatar
    Status
    BenjerminGaye is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The city of Townsville
    Posts
    8,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOOD?I love it. CHICKENS i
    BAKE; But if you want BEEF
    then your life is at STEAK!!!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    *being , *just
     
         

  15. #65
    Member JKakano's Avatar
    Status
    JKakano is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Plymouth, New Zealand
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by obito777 View Post
    Oh please, itachi is fodder compared to obito, kamui solo's all the way.
    Oh please! Why would obito said "if he knew about me Id be dead" as he already have kamui etc so he knew if he fought with itachi then itachi will find out the kamui weakness or counter. I still believe obito didn't want to fight itachi cos he knew itachi would win but he wasn't scared too..

    Like as nagato, he is stronger than itachi but itachi succesful stop nagato with naruto and bee one attack and used his mere MS. Weak with smart can beat stronger one.
     
         

  16. #66
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by JKakano View Post
    Oh please! Why would obito said "if he knew about me Id be dead" as he already have kamui etc so he knew if he fought with itachi then itachi will find out the kamui weakness or counter. I still believe obito didn't want to fight itachi cos he knew itachi would win but he wasn't scared too..

    Like as nagato, he is stronger than itachi but itachi succesful stop nagato with naruto and bee one attack and used his mere MS. Weak with smart can beat stronger one.
    I keep bringing up the point that Obito could have just ordered akatsuki to take out Itachi....and there absolutely no way Itachi could defeat them all

    Obito could also control the gedo at the time without the rinnegan.
     
         

  17. #67
    Member JKakano's Avatar
    Status
    JKakano is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Plymouth, New Zealand
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjerminGaye View Post
    If itachi was that smart how comes after all this time even when he came back as an edo and died again he didn't figure out obito was lying about bring madara? I mean minato figured it out in one fight. Kust saying.
    itachi didn't believe if tobi was madara. nagato and itachi talked and said madara but itachi talked to sasuke said tobi. itachi must be follow what nagato believed and itachi already told sasuke but sasuke still call him tobi same for itachi.. I think itachi knew tobi wasn't madara plus he wasn't foucs on tobi as he wasn't care. minato didn't figured it out. he thought it was madara but realised madara was long dead <-- failed madara was died recently before obito attack the leaf with 9 tailed..
     
         

  18. #68
    Senior Member BenjerminGaye's Avatar
    Status
    BenjerminGaye is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The city of Townsville
    Posts
    8,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOOD?I love it. CHICKENS i
    BAKE; But if you want BEEF
    then your life is at STEAK!!!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by JKakano View Post
    itachi didn't believe if tobi was madara. nagato and itachi talked and said madara but itachi talked to sasuke said tobi. itachi must be follow what nagato believed and itachi already told sasuke but sasuke still call him tobi same for itachi.. I think itachi knew tobi wasn't madara plus he wasn't foucs on tobi as he wasn't care. minato didn't figured it out. he thought it was madara but realised madara was long dead <-- failed madara was died recently before obito attack the leaf with 9 tailed..
    Itachi told Sasuke that the person who trained him and helped him in the uchiha massacre was uchiha madara. Not tobi. When fighting naruto and killer b he called obito madara cuz he still believed that to be true. Minato said that the only one capable of taming kurama was Madara but dismissed this do to Madara being dead. I never said he figured out it was obito i said he knew he WASN'T Madara while itachi didn't.
     
         

  19. #69
    Member iamsuperboggs's Avatar
    Status
    iamsuperboggs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Yeah but as I said, Obito has control over akatsuki. One word from him and he could have them hunt down Itachi for him if he so chose.

    Not to mention that Obito could control the gedo without the rinnegan.

    obito was playing the role of tobi when itachi was still alive, only nagato, konan and zetsu knows the truth ( or should i say half truth ). obito revealed himself to nagato as uchiha madara. but i'm sure if nagato finds out about the truth that tobi was not madara. i think obito will be in big trouble. he was cautious about itachi knowing who he really is because itachi knew much about madara, he can tell the difference once they get into a fight. obito took madara's name to use the akatsuki as his mercenaries to do the work for him, and cast fear to anyone who oppose him. he even introduced himself to sasuke as madara ( again he's bluffing ).

    obito didn't have the rinnegan back when itachi was alive.

    not all of the akatsuki can take itachi down, even if they were to hunt itachi... ( again this is just my opinion )
     
         

  20. #70
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsuperboggs View Post
    obito was playing the role of tobi when itachi was still alive, only nagato, konan and zetsu knows the truth ( or should i say half truth ). obito revealed himself to nagato as uchiha madara. but i'm sure if nagato finds out about the truth that tobi was not madara. i think obito will be in big trouble. he was cautious about itachi knowing who he really is because itachi knew much about madara, he can tell the difference once they get into a fight. obito took madara's name to use the akatsuki as his mercenaries to do the work for him, and cast fear to anyone who oppose him. he even introduced himself to sasuke as madara ( again he's bluffing ).

    obito didn't have the rinnegan back when itachi was alive.

    not all of the akatsuki can take itachi down, even if they were to hunt itachi... ( again this is just my opinion )
    He still controlled nagato in the shadows which gave the orders to akatsuki. How would Itachi prove that he's not Madara? He wears a mask and Nagato doesn't know what Madara looks like.

    Kisame was a loyal servant.

    He still had the several thousand zetsu clones.

    Obito could control the gedo with just the sharingan and his senju DNA

    all of akatsuki>Itachi......there is no way he could win, especially when he's going up against nagato, konan, sasori, kisame, deidara, kakuzu, hidan, and Obito if he feels like joining.
     
         

  21. #71
    Member
    Status
    Chef Boy RD is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Sorry, I have to be a nuisance, but there is a couple of things I disagree with here or would like to voice my opinion on. I am not saying that Obito was scared of Itachi per se, but there hasn't been any clarity defined by the topic creator on what is meant by scared. Though it may seem obvious, it actually isn't for I can easily parallel cautious and scared.

    Obito had akatsuki under his control and if he so chose, he could have commanded them to eliminate Itachi for him if he posed a threat. And there's no way Itachi could solo Akatsuki.
    But he didn't. To the Akatsuki members, Pain was the leader and Tobi was just Sasori's replacement and Deidara's new partner. So how could Obito "command" them? Secondly, why would Akatsuki attack Itachi for the action doesn't fall under any of their goals. If anything, Orochimaru was a greater thorn than Itachi, and yet he got off scotch free because attacking him would be very irrelevant to the Akatsuki as would be attacking Itachi.

    Obito stated that Sasuke's power will surpass Itachi's....so why would he risk giving Sasuke the EMS if he is already afraid of Itachi? Not to mention he already threatened to kill Sasuke if he doesn't obey which means he's unphased by their power.
    Because Sasuke has already been manipulated by Tobi and therefore not a threat. Whereas someone like Itachi is a little bit more difficult to read and manipulate. Not to mention, Sasuke's ultimate goal is to destroy Konoha (and everything else I suppose), which goes hand in hand with Tobi's plan, so they're both assisting one another. Itachi's ultimate goal on the other hand did not aid Tobi in any way and in fact, it conflicted with his objective(s), albeit just a little.

    They made a pact when they first met. Why would Obito be afraid of Itachi if they just only met and knew nothing of his powers? He could have just attacked him and tried to end his life, but he didn't. He just came to honor his agreement in exchange for help get revenge against the Uchiha.
    Even if they just met, there was more than enough valid evidence to prove Itachi to be a worthy adversary. He was just a kid and led the ANBU squad - a group in which Kakashi was a part of (if Obito didn't know this, it'd be fair to say that he suspected it would occur in the very least) and you knew what Kakashi was capable of already as a kid. And now we have someone even younger leading said group.

    Not only that, but you find out that he was tasked with killing the whole Uchiha clan in which he was up for. One kid, tasked with killing Konoha's (arguably) most potent and strongest clan. Those two alone gives anyone reason to "fear" this kid.

    And lastly, he's an Uchiha; honestly the name alone says that his prowess is potent (according to the manga).

    He would be more afraid of Nagato's powers than anyone elses
    Except that he more than likely didn't know what the Rinnegan (yes Madara "told" him, but seeing the application is different) was capable of nor how proficient Nagato was with it. But he does know that Itachi is an Uchiha, a clan in which he knows what they're capable of (which is why he kept telling and automatically assumed that he would surpass Kakashi once he awoken his Sharingan). He may not know what Itachi himself is capable of, but as I mentioned before, he's tasked with exterminating this whole clan (and not just any clan), and that obviously says something.

    He still had the powers of mokuton and the sharingan. Even as a kid, he did more damage than most characters and experienced more terror.
    Yes, that is nice, but what does it mean? That he shouldn't fear anyone because he possesses these two great attributes? He wouldn't be so stupid as to think that he is invincible, considering that he tried attacking Konoha (with the Kyuubi might I add) prior to, and was forced to retreat due to defeat.

    Obito could still control the Gedo with just the sharingan and Hashi cells. He knew the kinjutsu of the Uchiha along with other techs which Itachi had no knowledge of.
    To be fair, Madara was only stating what should be possible, but we know that theoretically speaking isn't always factual in application. We didn't see Tobi control the Mazou until he had the Rinnegan, so it is quite hard to say for certain of the aforementioned statement. As for the jutsus that "Itachi had no knowledge of", it is once again quite difficult to make such a statement with absolutely certainty, for there is no reassurance of such claim.

    He already met the most terrifying force in the Naruto, Madara Uchiha, so why would he be afraid of someone like Itachi?
    Because he met a Madara as an ally and already on his deathbed, not as an enemy.

    Secondly, don't think that Itachi's the only one in Narutoverse that holds the title of "The Man with The Plan". Remember, Obito has done the following:

    1. Taken control of the Akatsuki
    2. Manipulated members of the Akatsuki to his will behind the shadows
    3. Took on the persona of Madara Uchiha, a secret that would have been kept had Kabuto not summoned Madara.
    But none of this really sputters to intelligence. Firstly, all he had to do was remain hidden in the shadows and have Pain do his bidding. Nagato is still pretty much a child and only seeks peace, which he knows his small operation in Amegakure was not going to accomplish. Offer him a resolution for that peace to become global (just like how Madara got Obito m?) and you've just spun him into your web. Secondly, a lot of the Akatsuki were 'criminals' or just wanted "a better life" or so (i.e Orochimaru), therefore it wouldn't be too difficult to have them join your gang. And once you already have a few potent forces, collecting the rest is child's play for no single individual would so easily be able to ward off the potent forces coming to recruit him (i.e what happened to Deidara).

    Bottom line, was Obito afraid of Itachi? Maybe, maybe not, you'd have to be clear when defining scared.
     
         
    Last edited by Chef Boy RD; 12-31-2012 at 12:28 AM.

  22. #72
    Member JKakano's Avatar
    Status
    JKakano is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Plymouth, New Zealand
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjerminGaye View Post
    Itachi told Sasuke that the person who trained him and helped him in the uchiha massacre was uchiha madara. Not tobi. When fighting naruto and killer b he called obito madara cuz he still believed that to be true. Minato said that the only one capable of taming kurama was Madara but dismissed this do to Madara being dead. I never said he figured out it was obito i said he knew he WASN'T Madara while itachi didn't.
    don't forget minato met him once and didn't training with him etc.. if itachi swap to minato's place he would be the same. i don't think itachi believed tobi was madara. tobi wasn't train itachi.. shisui trained him. all strong uchihia can taming kurama once they learn how to. minato still failed.
     
         

  23. #73
    Member JKakano's Avatar
    Status
    JKakano is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Plymouth, New Zealand
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    MS obito <-- MS Itachi

    MS obito with rinnegan --> MS Itachi
     
         

  24. #74
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Posts
    8,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Boy RD View Post
    Sorry, I have to be a nuisance, but there is a couple of things I disagree with here or would like to voice my opinion on. I am not saying that Obito was scared of Itachi per se, but there hasn't been any clarity defined by the topic creator on what is meant by scared. Though it may seem obvious, it actually isn't for I can easily parallel cautious and scared.



    But he didn't. To the Akatsuki members, Pain was the leader and Tobi was just Sasori's replacement and Deidara's new partner. So how could Obito "command" them? Secondly, why would Akatsuki attack Itachi for the action doesn't fall under any of their goals. If anything, Orochimaru was a greater thorn than Itachi, and yet he got off scotch free because attacking him would be very irrelevant to the Akatsuki as would be attacking Itachi.



    Because Sasuke has already been manipulated by Tobi and therefore not a threat. Whereas someone like Itachi is a little bit more difficult to read and manipulate. Not to mention, Sasuke's ultimate goal is to destroy Konoha (and everything else I suppose), which goes hand in hand with Tobi's plan, so they're both assisting one another. Itachi's ultimate goal on the other hand did not aid Tobi in any way and in fact, it conflicted with his objective(s), albeit just a little.



    Even if they just met, there was more than enough valid evidence to prove Itachi to be a worthy adversary. He was just a kid and led the ANBU squad - a group in which Kakashi was a part of (if Obito didn't know this, it'd be fair to say that he suspected it would occur in the very least) and you knew what Kakashi was capable of already as a kid. And now we have someone even younger leading said group.

    Not only that, but you find out that he was tasked with killing the whole Uchiha clan in which he was up for. One kid, tasked with killing Konoha's (arguably) most potent and strongest clan. Those two alone gives anyone reason to "fear" this kid.

    And lastly, he's an Uchiha; honestly the name alone says that his prowess is potent (according to the manga).



    Except that he more than likely didn't know what the Rinnegan was capable of nor how proficient Nagato was with it. But he does know that Itachi is an Uchiha, a clan in which he knows what they're capable of (which is why he kept telling and automatically assumed that he would surpass Kakashi once he awoken his Sharingan). He may not know what Itachi himself is capable of, but as I mentioned before, he's tasked with exterminating this whole clan (and not just any clan), and that obviously says something.



    Yes, that is nice, but what does it mean? That he shouldn't fear anyone because he possesses these two great attributes? He wouldn't be so stupid as to think that he is invincible, considering that he tried attacking Konoha (with the Kyuubi might I add) prior to, and was forced to retreat due to defeat.



    To be fair, Madara was only stating what should be possible, but we know that theoretically speaking isn't always factual in application. We didn't see Tobi control the Mazou until he had the Rinnegan, so it is quite hard to say for certain of the aforementioned statement. As for the jutsus that "Itachi had no knowledge of", it is once again quite difficult to make such a statement with absolutely certainty, for there is no reassurance of such claim.



    Because he met a Madara as an ally and already on his deathbed, not as an enemy.



    But none of this really sputters to intelligence. Firstly, all he had to do was remain hidden in the shadows and have Pain do his bidding. Nagato is still pretty much a child and only seeks peace, which he knows his small operation in Amegakure was not going to accomplish. Offer him a resolution for that peace to become global (just like how Madara got Obito m?) and you've just spun him into your web. Secondly, a lot of the Akatsuki were 'criminals' or just wanted "a better life" or so (i.e Orochimaru), therefore it wouldn't be too difficult to have them join your gang. And once you already have a few potent forces, collecting the rest is child's play for no single individual would be so easily be able to ward off the potent forces coming to recruit him (i.e what happened to Deidara).

    Bottom line, was Obito afraid of Itachi? Maybe, maybe not, you'd have to be clear when defining scared.
    there's too many points to reply too but I'll reply to some

    Obito told Nagato to give out the orders to the rest of the akatsuki. Kisame was a loyal servant to Obito. Hidan doesn't give a sh*t either way. Kakuzu worked for money, not caring who it is either. Deidara disliked Itachi. Sasori probably wouldn't hesitate either.

    You do forget that akatsuki is also a mercenary group doing other mission than just hunting down the jinchuriki. Obito could pose to hire them to take out Itachi.

    About Itachi being part of anbu and taking down the Uchiha clan. Sasuke stated himself that Itachi wasn't powerful enough to do it single handedly which is how he figured out he had an accomplice in the first place.

    Obito fought Minato when he was about 15 years old and didn't use half his powers(mokuton, fire jutsu, gedo, kinjutsu, the Uchiha fan weapon, etc) He also killed a bunch of elite Hidden Mist Ninja as a kid. Kakashi was also part of Anbu. Why would he be afraid of Itachi?

    Sharingan+senju cells=rinnegan. Obito just didn't have the EMS or both eyes. But that doesn't mean he can't control the Gedo efficiently. All we know is that he could still control it.
     
         

  25. #75
    Member iamsuperboggs's Avatar
    Status
    iamsuperboggs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito was not scared of Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    He still controlled nagato in the shadows which gave the orders to akatsuki. How would Itachi prove that he's not Madara? He wears a mask and Nagato doesn't know what Madara looks like.

    Kisame was a loyal servant.

    He still had the several thousand zetsu clones.

    Obito could control the gedo with just the sharingan and his senju DNA

    all of akatsuki>Itachi......there is no way he could win, especially when he's going up against nagato, konan, sasori, kisame, deidara, kakuzu, hidan, and Obito if he feels like joining.

    we're kinda OT right now, " Obito was not scared of itachi " that's the topic...

    in my first post i said that obito was just cautious and he respects itachi... now i've changed my mind. obito was scared not only of itachi, he was scared of everyone. he used madara's name for his gain, so that no one would oppose him and to cast fear. obito is just full of sh*t. do you really think he can achieve his present state if he didn't use madara's name for his advantage. he knows that he cannot fulfill his plan by his own capabilities that's why he needed madara's name. ( that being said i think he is a scared *ss clown )

    this is OT:
    the first time he failed, was when he went to fight minato and used madara's name to his advantage. but minato just whooped his *ss. i know he is just 15 back then that's why he's kinda cocky but still obito had kurama by his side when he fought minato. Minato didn't really care about who he says he is. so i think that's the reason why obito avoids a fight, he decided to use his trump card on nagato his TNJ and it's proven that TNJ was nagato's weakness. ( naruto proved it )... after he got his rinnegan and had kabuto's support he just went into berserk mode, he's even opposing madara right now... what an *ss. ( again this is just my opinion ) peace bro!
     
         
    Last edited by iamsuperboggs; 12-31-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: changed some points!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •