Page 12 of 70 « First ... 289101112131415162262 ... Last»
Results 221 to 240 of 1398
  1. #221
    Senior Member Ebi..'s Avatar
    Status
    Ebi.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,742
    I hope senpai notices me today
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Rum Raisin View Post
    I may consider landscapes but no guarantees^^



    Inspired by our Moderator event? Heh, I'll think about it.
    Not really, I was making a new kind of flan, and well i thought it would be awesome if there was a desserts theme.

    And following up on what Nocturne said, Maybe a new award could be given
     
         

  2. #222
    Yugure's Avatar
    Status
    Yugure is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8,373
    Location
    オーストリア
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Rum Raisin, i was thinking if you mods can once again think on the rewards for the aotw contest...i mean its getting tougher and tougher as more great albums are appearing every week. The first price only now gets a medal and a cyan. not even a mod sized ava,,,and in 2nd and 3rd its basically of no use. imo..(dont get me wrong as im only suggesting. )
    So i was thinking if you can add a little bit more usefull prizes for the 2nd and 3rd places aswell as really try hard to make a quality album.
    I agree with this, the prices for the AotW have been the same as long as I can remember, and the amount of entries these days is between the 25 and 30, while there used to be like 10 people participating...
     
         

  3. #223
    Nocturne's Avatar
    Status
    Nocturne is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,972
    Location
    House Targaryen!
    Purge with Silver!
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Severus Snape- View Post
    I agree with this, the prices for the AotW have been the same as long as I can remember, and the amount of entries these days is between the 25 and 30, while there used to be like 10 people participating...
    and when there were 10, there used to be medal for the 2nd and 3rd place aswell...so like its quite unfair to us...
     
         

  4. #224
    ★God of the underworld★ -Hades-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Hades- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9,496
    Location
    Behind You !
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Rum Raisin, i was thinking if you mods can once again think on the rewards for the aotw contest...i mean its getting tougher and tougher as more great albums are appearing every week. The first price only now gets a medal and a cyan. not even a mod sized ava,,,and in 2nd and 3rd its basically of no use. imo..(dont get me wrong as im only suggesting. )
    So i was thinking if you can add a little bit more usefull prizes for the 2nd and 3rd places aswell as really try hard to make a quality album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakrazyebi View Post
    Not really, I was making a new kind of flan, and well i thought it would be awesome if there was a desserts theme.

    And following up on what Nocturne said, Maybe a new award could be given
    I have to agree, the prizes for the aotw should be reconsidered.
    And i just now noticed that first prize doesn't get the mod size avatar anymore
     
         

  5. #225
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,293
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Rum RaisinThe first price only now gets a medal and a cyan. not even a mod sized ava.
    The Large Avy is integral with the Cyan name as far as I know.

    And since The Euro is buzzing and the Olympics will start soon, it will be nice if we got a 'Games' theme sometime soon
     
         

  6. #226
    Yugure's Avatar
    Status
    Yugure is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8,373
    Location
    オーストリア
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    The Large Avy is integral with the Cyan name as far as I know.

    And since The Euro is buzzing and the Olympics will start soon, it will be nice if we got a 'Games' theme sometime soon
    That's a good one, The Olympic Games
     
         

  7. #227
    Nathan.'s Avatar
    Status
    Nathan. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47,860
    Location
    Australia
    -.-
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    The Large Avy is integral with the Cyan name as far as I know.

    And since The Euro is buzzing and the Olympics will start soon, it will be nice if we got a 'Games' theme sometime soon
    I think so too, when my premium ran out, I still at the option to have an mod sized avatar.

    I'm not one to complain ever, but. With the second place award, maybe replace the name change with something else, even/or add to the runner up like a medal/name change.

    Only reason I am suggesting that is; for every time I've come second in this contest I've been given the name change (4 in total, I think) and I haven't used a single one, so for me they are just going to waste and are just going to sit there, instead of someone else that could have them, cause I won't be using them any time soon. But that's just my two cents.
     
         

  8. #228
    Yugure's Avatar
    Status
    Yugure is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8,373
    Location
    オーストリア
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nafan View Post
    I think so too, when my premium ran out, I still at the option to have an mod sized avatar.

    I'm not one to complain ever, but. With the second place award, maybe replace the name change with something else, even/or add to the runner up like a medal/name change.

    Only reason I am suggesting that is; for every time I've come second in this contest I've been given the name change (4 in total, I think) and I haven't used a single one, so for me they are just going to waste and are just going to sit there, instead of someone else that could have them, cause I won't be using them any time soon. But that's just my two cents.
    Or keep the name change for second place, but you can choose between the name change as prize and something else, don't know what yet, maybe mod sized ava or so...
     
         

  9. #229
    Senior Member Ebi..'s Avatar
    Status
    Ebi.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,742
    I hope senpai notices me today
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    I want ecchi theme D:
     
         

  10. #230
    Nocturne's Avatar
    Status
    Nocturne is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,972
    Location
    House Targaryen!
    Purge with Silver!
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    thankyou guys for considering my suggestion...now im just waiting for Rum to reply fast...atleast by today so that we can get that change for tomorrow's winners...
     
         

  11. #231
    Yugure's Avatar
    Status
    Yugure is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8,373
    Location
    オーストリア
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakrazyebi View Post
    I want ecchi theme D:
    mmm, I'm not sure if that's 100% appropriate, but it's up to Rum to decide, not us-.-
     
         

  12. #232
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,293
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nafan View Post
    Only reason I am suggesting that is; for every time I've come second in this contest I've been given the name change (4 in total, I think) and I haven't used a single one, so for me they are just going to waste and are just going to sit there, instead of someone else that could have them, cause I won't be using them any time soon. But that's just my two cents.
    Well, I agree with this one. For every time, I've win something (how many is it already -.- ), I have used the name change only twice. And anyways, the prize is weekly. So, it's lost once the week is gone.

    Basically, I think there should be an option if I want to gift the name change to somebody. I think it's fair enough.
     
         

  13. #233
    ★God of the underworld★ -Hades-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Hades- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9,496
    Location
    Behind You !
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Well, I agree with this one. For every time, I've win something (how many is it already -.- ), I have used the name change only twice. And anyways, the prize is weekly. So, it's lost once the week is gone.

    Basically, I think there should be an option if I want to gift the name change to somebody. I think it's fair enough.
    I don't really agree with that, and i doubt it will ever happen. The name change is supposed to be something special and hard to get... something that not every user can take advantage of whenever he wants to.

    For example someone who didn't get premium (help the site) or won a contest... basically he didn't do anything asks a friend that has an extra Username Change available to give it to him... now does that seem fair?
     
         

  14. #234
    Nocturne's Avatar
    Status
    Nocturne is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,972
    Location
    House Targaryen!
    Purge with Silver!
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Scream~ View Post
    I don't really agree with that, and i doubt it will ever happen. The name change is supposed to be something special and hard to get... something that not every user can take advantage of whenever he wants to.

    For example someone who didn't get premium (help the site) or won a contest... basically he didn't do anything asks a friend that has an extra Username Change available to give it to him... now does that seem fair?
    yeah not much .... i just want the MEDAL giving on every position so that i can beat escorpiius on his medals via atow...hes the boss of aotw...damn i miss his albums...
     
         

  15. #235
    Senior Member Ebi..'s Avatar
    Status
    Ebi.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,742
    I hope senpai notices me today
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    I'm still thinking about a new kind of award look, something that would represent the AoTW.

    As for the name changes, Yes they are something special and shouldn't be given so easily to those who do not contribute and/or don't even partici
    pate in the contests.

    There's actually nothing else that could be awarded in this contest that would have that much meaning as everything else has already been taken: colored name, bigger avatar, award, name change, etc...

    Maybe something like giving us an extra line for our signature.
    Normal members get a limit of 3 lines
    Premium members get a limit of
    5 lines

    So I think it would be kind of nice to have an extra line for something like a quote and/or a banner. Not really sure if anyone else agrees but everything is pretty much taken...
     
         

  16. #236
    Nocturne's Avatar
    Status
    Nocturne is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,972
    Location
    House Targaryen!
    Purge with Silver!
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakrazyebi View Post
    I'm still thinking about a new kind of award look, something that would represent the AoTW.

    As for the name changes, Yes they are something special and shouldn't be given so easily to those who do not contribute and/or don't even partici
    pate in the contests.

    There's actually nothing else that could be awarded in this contest that would have that much meaning as everything else has already been taken: colored name, bigger avatar, award, name change, etc...

    Maybe something like giving us an extra line for our signature.
    Normal members get a limit of 3 lines
    Premium members get a limit of
    5 lines

    So I think it would be kind of nice to have an extra line for something like a quote and/or a banner. Not really sure if anyone else agrees but everything is pretty much taken...
    err its sounds good for some people yes but personally i dont care about my signature...but if the majority agrees on it then im ok with it ofcourse...but to see it clearly....the award is for a week...does that mean we should change the sig every week to its limit again?...it'll be annoying somehow...

    but still DAMN NO MOD IS ANSWERING BACK IN HERE...i dont think they know whats going on here...:P..shall i inform them?
     
         

  17. #237
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,293
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Scream~ View Post
    I don't really agree with that, and i doubt it will ever happen. The name change is supposed to be something special and hard to get... something that not every user can take advantage of whenever he wants to.

    For example someone who didn't get premium (help the site) or won a contest... basically he didn't do anything asks a friend that has an extra Username Change available to give it to him... now does that seem fair?
    It's still better than throwing to the bin. Isn't it general moral that if you're not hungry but have a piece of bread, give it to the needy instead of throwing?

    It's a bit the same principle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakrazyebi View Post
    I'm still thinking about a new kind of award look, something that would represent the AoTW.

    As for the name changes, Yes they are something special and shouldn't be given so easily to those who do not contribute and/or don't even partici
    pate in the contests.

    There's actually nothing else that could be awarded in this contest that would have that much meaning as everything else has already been taken: colored name, bigger avatar, award, name change, etc...

    Maybe something like giving us an extra line for our signature.
    Normal members get a limit of 3 lines
    Premium members get a limit of
    5 lines

    So I think it would be kind of nice to have an extra line for something like a quote and/or a banner. Not really sure if anyone else agrees but everything is pretty much taken...
    There's also the Album Capacity extension for whoever won the Contest. It's like a hidden prize. I think there's no need to add new prizes.
     
         

  18. #238
    ★God of the underworld★ -Hades-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Hades- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9,496
    Location
    Behind You !
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Tye could make the Name change optional... like either change your username or get something else in return (Kumi, or whatever they can think of)

    And I agree with Dakrazyebi, they could change the medal to something a little more representative for the AOTW... Notice the Manga coloring contest.

    And a little question: you guys said the mod size avatar lasts for a week as well, so if i were to change mine now, i would have to put on a regular avatar?
     
         

  19. #239
    Senior Member Ebi..'s Avatar
    Status
    Ebi.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,742
    I hope senpai notices me today
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    Yes, you keep your ava for as long as you want, but once you change it you go back to regular size.
     
         

  20. #240
    Kryptiic's Avatar
    Status
    Kryptiic is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,528
    Location
    Same as Nafan.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: AotW: Contest Discussion

    I was just thinking about that matter of the second place name change and thought of something that could fix it. With the name change reward perhaps it could be substituted with another prize if the person who came 1st/2nd is satisfied with their name. Like if you don't want the name change you can substitute for a set amount of kumi or a larger sized avatar for a set amount of time.

    Also, when you come first is the larger avy apart of the winnings? Just curious.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •