Page 2 of 8 « First 123456 ... Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 182
  1. #26
    Chaotic Neutral Sir Derp Obito's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Derp Obito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    21,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    I think you're reading into things. Madara thinks of other people as insects, so why does he want to end suffering? He doesn't really have to much motivation if you ask me. I guess he wants world domination? Kishimoto hasn't established much motivation for Obito or Madara.
    It's just like Darth Vader and the Emperor, Anakin ventured into the dark side in the hope of saving Padme's life, he failed and she died but he was already submerged into darkness so there's no turning back so he did all his atrocities in the name of the Empire, the same can be said of Obito, while the Emperor is Madara who gave false promises only to use his apprentice for his personal gain and galactic domination. Whether Madara is the idealist that he claims to be in creating a perfect world or an insidious snake who has ulterior motives remains to be seen.
     
         
    Last edited by Sir Derp Obito; 01-04-2013 at 05:51 AM.

  2. #27
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    I think you're reading into things. Madara thinks of other people as insects, so why does he want to end suffering? He doesn't really have to much motivation if you ask me. I guess he wants world domination? Kishimoto hasn't established much motivation for Obito or Madara.
    That may be Madara's point of view but not Obito's. He truly has lost all hope or faith in the current world, and is trying to create a new one without the kind of suffering he had to endure. Just re-read the last chapter, 615
     
         

  3. #28
    Member celarian's Avatar
    Status
    celarian is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    How DO you mess with a non existent character?

    Cry me a river.


    No bud, you're wrong. After seeing Rin die, Madara's words got through to him, and the pain of her death made him grow up.
    The words would have meant nothing if rin didnt die, she is the only reason that he went with madara. If rin had been alive and he saved her and kakashi he would have never came back. If kakashi was the one who died he wouldnt have turned back either. When he gets back he states that rin will be in his new world. The purpose is only to get rin back.
     
         
    Last edited by celarian; 01-04-2013 at 05:56 AM.

  4. #29
    Mikasa es mi casa . Ackerman-'s Avatar
    Status
    Ackerman- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    with Mikasa/Esdese/Konan/Rui/Kanon.
    Posts
    27,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan/Akame Ga
    kill/Code
    Breaker/Coppelion/Deadman
    Wonderland = Favorite mangas.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    kakashi's choice might be like kisame's ... but that's what a ninja is & was about in those times , obito did all this cause he couldn't take the death of a friend(fodder) ... you dont see kakashi starting a war because obito die & he had to kill rin for whatever reason , NO! ... obito reason will always be shit to me & pathetic
     
         

  5. #30
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Animaeon View Post
    Honestly, it's no use. The main reason why people refuse to look further is because they're disappointed with Kishi's choice. It's a common fact that when a person disagrees, they become unreasonable... even narrow-minded.

    Personally, it's clear what Obito stands for and what he wishes to accomplish (this battle is the repeat of the younger brother (Naruto) vs older brother (Obito)), but I also wish there was more to Obito's flashbacks. We knew Rin's death was going to play a huge role, but it turned out to be the only event that changed him completely. Tobi himself is such a dynamic character, so I guess people expected to find out a list of twisted and sinister stuff, especially with Madara involved.
    You my friend.....are truly smart!
     
         

  6. #31
    Chaotic Neutral Sir Derp Obito's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Derp Obito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    21,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by labiancareality View Post
    kakashi's choice might be like kisame's ... but that's what a ninja is & was about in those times , obito did all this cause he couldn't take the death of a friend(fodder) ... you dont see kakashi starting a war because obito die & he had to kill rin for whatever reason , NO! ... obito reason will always be shit to me & pathetic
    Amen to that brother
     
         

  7. #32
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post
    The words would have meant nothing if rin didnt die, she is the only reason that he went with madara. If rin had been alive and he saved her and kakashi he would have never came back. If kakashi was the one who died he wouldnt have turned back either. When he gets back he states that rin will be in his new world. The purpose is only to get rin back.
    NO! The realisation that came after her death, when Madara's words echoed in his brain about the nature of the world, is when he decided to change the world's fate.
     
         

  8. #33
    Member celarian's Avatar
    Status
    celarian is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?



    This is obito's plan.... Now I want to here you say it wasnt because of rin, if you cant, then you are wrong
     
         
    Last edited by celarian; 01-04-2013 at 06:02 AM.

  9. #34
    Chaotic Neutral Sir Derp Obito's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Derp Obito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    21,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post


    This is obito's plan.... Now I want to here you say it wasnt because of rin, if you cant, then you are wrong
    Thread starter is obviously in denial :D
     
         

  10. #35
    Member enuzuki's Avatar
    Status
    enuzuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    That may be Madara's point of view but not Obito's. He truly has lost all hope or faith in the current world, and is trying to create a new one without the kind of suffering he had to endure. Just re-read the last chapter, 615
    Still, the motivation for the the moon eye plan seems rushed, Kishimoto could have developed on the story. Hell, Obito was Madara for more then a decade, there's alot of choices to be made there, i just think it would be a smart idea to give the people that are trying to take over the world, a plausible or even passable motivation for doing so. Instead we get the Star wars prequel treatment.
     
         

  11. #36
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post


    This is obito's plan.... Now I want to here you say it wasnt because of rin
    If Rin was to be a part of his new world, she would just be a figment of Obito's imagination and nothing more. She is dead! Nothing will bring her truly back to life. The only thing left to do, is to change the order and fate of the shitty world that led to her death.
     
         

  12. #37
    Chaotic Neutral Sir Derp Obito's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Derp Obito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    21,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    If Rin was to be a part of his new world, she would just be a figment of Obito's imagination and nothing more. She is dead! Nothing will bring her truly back to life. The only thing left to do, is to change the order and fate of the shitty world that led to her death.
    That's the whole point of Infinite Tsukoyomi, to live in a fantasy world! a fantasy world where Rin is alive. is that so hard to grasp? lol
     
         

  13. #38
    Member celarian's Avatar
    Status
    celarian is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    If Rin was to be a part of his new world, she would just be a figment of Obito's imagination and nothing more. She is dead! Nothing will bring her truly back to life. The only thing left to do, is to change the order and fate of the shitty world that led to her death.
    so? Its still because of rin
     
         

  14. #39
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    Still, the motivation for the the moon eye plan seems rushed, Kishimoto could have developed on the story. Hell, Obito was Madara for more then a decade, there's alot of choices to be made there, i just think it would be a smart idea to give the people that are trying to take over the world, a plausible or even passable motivation for doing so. Instead we get the Star wars prequel treatment.
    No dude, why don't you see that what Madara had been preaching to him for years about the nature of their world finally dawned upon him through Rin's death. He understood it, and accepted it.
     
         

  15. #40
    Member enuzuki's Avatar
    Status
    enuzuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    If Rin was to be a part of his new world, she would just be a figment of Obito's imagination and nothing more. She is dead! Nothing will bring her truly back to life. The only thing left to do, is to change the order and fate of the shitty world that led to her death.
    That's a terrible reason. Doesn't Obito have the six path resurrection ability? He was supposed to revive Madara with it, right? So why doesn't he just revive Rin?
     
         

  16. #41
    Chaotic Neutral Sir Derp Obito's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Derp Obito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    21,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    OP: Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!
     
         

  17. #42
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post
    so? Its still because of rin
    No doubt her death played a part, but it has more to do with creating an ideal world and destroying the one that she died in.
     
         

  18. #43
    Member enuzuki's Avatar
    Status
    enuzuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    No dude, why don't you see that what Madara had been preaching to him for years about the nature of their world finally dawned upon him through Rin's death. He understood it, and accepted it.
    That was so rushed and unconvincing, we all love Naruto, but try to be objective. Kishimoto should have developed Obito's turn to darkness a lot more then he did.
     
         

  19. #44
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    That's a terrible reason. Doesn't Obito have the six path resurrection ability? He was supposed to revive Madara with it, right? So why doesn't he just revive Rin?
    EXACTLY!! Because he doesn't want to bring her back to a world where everything and everyone amounts only to trash. He wants her to exist in a new world without, strife, pain, suffering and any kind of hardship, where everyone is happy, where there are no wars, no ill will, and where no one has to lose their beloved comrades.
     
         
    Last edited by The God of Wind; 01-04-2013 at 06:21 AM.

  20. #45
    Member celarian's Avatar
    Status
    celarian is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    No doubt her death played a part, but it has more to do with creating an ideal world and destroying the one that she died in.
    nope, rin was dead, he wanted her back, and madara offered him the means

    he doesnt revive rin because the real rin would never be okay with what he has done, and he knows it.
     
         

  21. #46
    Uchiha-Versteherin Kikki's Avatar
    Status
    Kikki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where things will end badly
    Posts
    1,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    I think the real reason for Obito is his disappointment in everything he once believed in. His view of the world was shattered but it didn't happen in one second, it was a slow and far more intense process. Someone just pushed him into the 'right' direction. Rin dying was just a small part of it.
     
         

  22. #47
    Member enuzuki's Avatar
    Status
    enuzuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    EXACTLY!! Because he doesn't want to bring her back to a world where everything and everyone amounts only to trash. He wants her to exist in a new world without, strife, pain, suffering and any kind of hardship, whe everyone is happy, where there are no wars, no ill will, and where no one has to lose their beloved comrades.
    That could be a decent plot point, if it was developed, what we got was a couple of chapters leading up to the death of 1 person, that probably had a impact on him, but we never see how Madara gets him to agree with the "moon eye plan". Five chapters of back story could establish a satisfying motivation.
     
         

  23. #48
    Member celarian's Avatar
    Status
    celarian is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikki View Post
    I think the real reason for Obito is his disappointment in everything he once believed in. His view of the world was shattered but it didn't happen in one second, it was a slow and far more intense process. Someone just pushed him into the 'right' direction. Rin dying was just a small part of it.
    IT was instantaneous, nothing else challanges his beliefs besides her death. He didnt care what madara said until her death. and he states himself at the moment of apiffany that he would create a world were rin was in it. This is his plan, madara knew rin would most likely be killed using zetsu scouts and so on, without rins death he would have stayed in konoha.
     
         

  24. #49
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    That was so rushed and unconvincing, we all love Naruto, but try to be objective. Kishimoto should have developed Obito's turn to darkness a lot more then he did.
    Look, how can I force my brain to think something that it doesn't? I am completely convinced already, I can only suggest reading Rehabilitation and Dream World. Those are the 2 most important chapters to his background.
     
         

  25. #50
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post
    nope, rin was dead, he wanted her back, and madara offered him the means

    he doesnt revive rin because the real rin would never be okay with what he has done, and he knows it.
    Look, I can only show you the door, you're the one that has to walk through it, if you refuse to do so then so be it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikki View Post
    I think the real reason for Obito is his disappointment in everything he once believed in. His view of the world was shattered but it didn't happen in one second, it was a slow and far more intense process. Someone just pushed him into the 'right' direction. Rin dying was just a small part of it.
    Right man! Exactly right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    That could be a decent plot point, if it was developed, what we got was a couple of chapters leading up to the death of 1 person, that probably had a impact on him, but we never see how Madara gets him to agree with the "moon eye plan". Five chapters of back story could establish a satisfying motivation.
    It has been developed, otherwise I wouldn't say it! Remember Madara's flashback as Obito is holding Rin, "a world with only winners"? Obito says this right after:"I will create a world where you are alive". It is heavily implied my friend.
     
         

Page 2 of 8 « First 123456 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •