Page 3 of 8 « First 1234567 ... Last»
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Why don't people understand?

Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    Look, I can only show you the door, you're the one that has to walk through it, if you refuse to do so then so be it.

Right man! Exactly right!!

It has been developed, otherwise I wouldn't say it! Remember Madara's flashback as Obito is holding Rin, "a world with only winners"? Obito says this right after:"I will create a world where you are alive". It is heavily implied my friend.
    there's a huge difference between implied and developed.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Look, how can I force my brain to think something that it doesn't? I am completely convinced already, I can only suggest reading Rehabilitation and Dream World. Those are the 2 most important chapters to his background.
    It's like reading only the foot notes of a historical event, we only got the facts, it's sorely lacking of development. But hey, maybe i'm just weird for wanting more then two chapters to explain the motivation for taking over the world.

Last edited by enuzuki; 01-04-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    It's like reading only the foot notes of a historical event, we only got the facts, it's sorely lacking of development. But hey, maybe i'm just weird for wanting more then two chapters to explain the motivation for taking over the world.
    Don't look at it as world domination, but as erasing the current pitiful existence and making a better world where no one needs to suffer.

And those are just the key chapters that explain his present personality.

His motivation is only a single moment: His most trusted comrade piercing the heart of his most beloved comrade. Reality comes crashing down on you my man.

Last edited by The God of Wind; 01-04-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Don't look at it as world domination, but as erasing the current pitiful existence and making a better world where no one needs to suffer.
    So it's a dictatorship? Think about it, they all lose free will and are forced to live by the ideals of two people. Madara and Obito are Hitler and Mussolini? :o

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So it's a dictatorship? Think about it, they all lose free will and are forced to live by the ideals of two people. Madara and Obito are Hitler and Mussolini? :o
    I believe the idea is to abolish pain and suffering, whereas those things are the top byproducts of dictatorships. It is a means to an end, the end is unconditional albeit forced peace. But peace nonetheless.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

And those are just the key chapters that explain his present personality.

His motivation is only a single moment: His most trusted comrade piercing the heart of his most beloved comrade. Reality comes crashing down on you my man.
    1. I'm not saying he doesn't have any reason to do what he's doing, but a stronger motivation would be great. 2. "Reality comes crashing down on you my man" So he finally sees reality and wants to change it. But why like this? we should have seen Madara mold him into what he is now. With more then just two chapters.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Personally i think that a 5 chapter back story of Obito's turn to darkness would be the second flashback in Naruto that i don't find completely boring. It had a lot of potential, but it didn't live up to one tenth of it.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blink 182 is my Religion...
    nuff said!!

i don't know....seems legit

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Personally i think that a 5 chapter back story of Obito's turn to darkness would be the second flashback in Naruto that i don't find completely boring. It had a lot of potential, but it didn't live up to one tenth of it.
    You cannot question someone's motivation. The reason being: We cannot see the heart of the person who may be doing something that we believe does not line up with scripture.

plɹoʍ pǝʇɹǝʌuı oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ bl4ckJack's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    when Im with U ...the only place I want to be is CLOSER !
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sandboxed QQ

Quote Originally Posted by celebrei View Post
    I'll explain this as simple as possible:

Rin dies, Obito cries, goes to Madara because she died, Madara offers Eye of the Moon Plan, Obito thought it got swag and off he ran, forming Akatsuki, capturing the Jinchuurikis, to revive the Juubi, to power up the Infinite Tsukoyomi, to be together forever with his biddy.

Even if Obito has tsukoyomi it is limited and the genjutsu will end when he's low on chakra meaning his illusionary paradise with Rin has a time limit, however with the Juubi providing infinite battery time to the Infinite Tsukoyomi, Obito can be together with Rin forever in a make-believe reality, the whole world is merely a casualty of his raging hormones.
    lol :D .. Nice Post .. agree agree

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by bl4ckJack View Post
    lol :D .. Nice Post .. agree agree
    IL IL later

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You cannot question someone's motivation. The reason being: We cannot see the heart of the person who may be doing something that we believe does not line up with scripture.
    I'm not saying we need a deep psychological analysis of his motivation, but a somewhat logical and dare i even say relatable. He could have made Obito's character without any form of association with a normal human being, but he didn't, he made Obito somewhat normal and to some extent relatable, that was so we would feel the pain he was feeling, or at least have some idea what he's going through, all of that is lost when he turns into something the boogeyman would check his closet for. Again he was with Madara for more then a decade, there are so many options it's not even funny. In my opinion he was a weak motivation to support a plot point.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm not saying we need a deep psychological analysis of his motivation, but a somewhat logical and dare i even say relatable. He could have made Obito's character without any form of association with a normal human being, but he didn't, he made Obito somewhat normal and to some extent relatable, that was so we would feel the pain he was feeling, or at least have some idea what he's going through, all of that is lost when he turns into something the boogeyman would check his closet for. Again he was with Madara for more then a decade, there are so many options it's not even funny. In my opinion he was a weak motivation to support a plot point.
    It's not that Kishimoto needs to do anything at all. You simply don't see it, too bad for you, because I and some other people do.....so don't know what to say to ya anymore :shrug:

Good day

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's not that Kishimoto needs to do anything at all. You simply don't see it, too bad for you, because I and some other people do.....so don't know what to say to ya anymore :shrug:

Good day
    It's called self-interpretation, not everyone sees the same thing. I didn't implement anything, i read the material and stated what was there. What you did was read it and state what you saw. Going by what's there it's sorely lacking. That's my opinion anyways.

Last edited by enuzuki; 01-04-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's call self-interpretation, not everyone sees the same thing. I didn't implement anything, i read the material and stated what was there. What you did was read it and state what you saw. Going by what's there it's sorely lacking. That's my opinion anyways.
    Well if the writer found it sufficient and so did a lot of other people including me, than it isn't a matter of what you say, it's simply just missing the point.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well if the writer found it sufficient and so did a lot of other people including me, than it isn't a matter of what you say, it's simply just missing the point.
    What point? I never said that the there was no motivation. I said the motivation was weak. It's a matter of personal preference, you might think it's a sufficient motivation, but i don't.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Going to find "the one who knows everything".
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

People never ever seem to see the bigger picture, Obito's story and philosophy is too sophisticated for them.
    Good thread. The sig is not how I really view Obito's descent into darkness btw, it's all for laughs lol

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

Quote Originally Posted by Lilvic92 View Post
    People never ever seem to see the bigger picture, Obito's story and philosophy is too sophisticated for them.
    Good thread. The sig is not how I really view Obito's descent into darkness btw, it's all for laughs lol
    Incidentally your sig was the one who inspired me to do my poem :D

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilvic92 View Post
    You're comparing Obito with Anakin. That's a bit mean, Those prequels were terrible.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What point? I never said that the there was no motivation. I said the motivation was weak. It's a matter of personal preference, you might think it's a sufficient motivation, but i don't.
    Well, the fact that you see his best friends and beloved team mates(the ones he sacrificed himself for btw) killing each other off right in front of his eyes as insufficient reasoning for him to go nuts and hate his reality is sort of alarming. But whatever

Last edited by The God of Wind; 01-04-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.

Good post man. Gave me a lot of things to dwell on.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercles View Post
    Good post man. Gave me a lot of things to dwell on.
    Hey thanks!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, the fact that you see his best friends and beloved team mates(the ones he sacrificed himself for btw) killing each other off right in front of his eyes as insufficient reasoning for him to go nuts and hate his reality is sort of alarming. But whatever
    That should have been the base for a deeper development. It makes sense, after seeing that he would go back to Madara. Madara would start to change him from a naive good hearted boy, to who he is now. Sadly all we get is what should have been the foundation to a deeper and more interesting back story. If you're content with it all the more power to you, i just wanted to see more.

Last edited by enuzuki; 01-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That should have been the base for a deeper development. It makes sense, after seeing that he would go back to Madara and Madara would start to change him from a naive good hearted boy, to who he is now. Sadly all we get is what should have been the foundation to a deeper and more interesting back story. If you're content with it, all the more power to you, i just wanted to see more
    That's why the chapter Rehabilitation is so important. We see his bonds developing with the Zetsu. We see him understanding Madara's ideology through them. He spends years in confinement with only half of his real body, trying to spruce up his artificial half enough to get out of there and finally go back to his friends. We see his hardship, his sole motivation being the left over memories of his team and Rin, which keep his hopes intact and his morale high. And then one day he finally makes it out, and the first thing he sees, is Kakashi stabbing Rin through the fukking heart and killing her on the spot. What the fukk more do you want?! I don't understand. That is much more than I expected.

I didn't even mention the facts that he gave up his own life to protect them, and he'd have done it again. What's more, is that Kakashi swore to protect her while Obito was lying their crushed like a pea. And then he's the one that ends up killing her?! C'mon, thats just too much.

Last edited by The God of Wind; 01-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's why the chapter Rehabilitation is so important. We see his bonds developing with the Zetsu. We see him understanding Madara's ideology through them. He spends years in confinement with only half of his real body, trying to spruce up his artificial half enough to get out of there and finally go back to his friends. We see his hardship, his sole motivation being the left over memories of his team and Rin, which keep his hopes intact and his morale high. And then one day he finally makes it out, and the first thing he sees, is Kakashi stabbing Rin through the fukking heart and killing her on the spot. What the fukk more do you want?! I don't understand. That is much more than I expected.

I didn't even mention the facts that he gave up his own life to protect them, and he'd have done it again. What's more, is that Kakashi swore to protect her while Obito was lying their crushed like a pea. And then he's the one that ends up killing her?! C'mon, thats just too much.

Again that is a foundation for a deeper story. Hell, the story that could've made here can be made into a manga in it self. It's a earth shattering thing to see, i would imagine. But for me it loses its impact when a character makes an complete 180. I would have liked to see him in torment and confusion over what transpired and then Madara would take advantage of his turmoil. Instead it's one event that shapes one event that changes him.(as far as we know)