Re: Why don't people understand?

OP: Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post
    so? Its still because of rin
    No doubt her death played a part, but it has more to do with creating an ideal world and destroying the one that she died in.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    No dude, why don't you see that what Madara had been preaching to him for years about the nature of their world finally dawned upon him through Rin's death. He understood it, and accepted it.
    That was so rushed and unconvincing, we all love Naruto, but try to be objective. Kishimoto should have developed Obito's turn to darkness a lot more then he did.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    That's a terrible reason. Doesn't Obito have the six path resurrection ability? He was supposed to revive Madara with it, right? So why doesn't he just revive Rin?
    EXACTLY!! Because he doesn't want to bring her back to a world where everything and everyone amounts only to trash. He wants her to exist in a new world without, strife, pain, suffering and any kind of hardship, where everyone is happy, where there are no wars, no ill will, and where no one has to lose their beloved comrades.

Last edited by The God of Wind; 01-04-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

No doubt her death played a part, but it has more to do with creating an ideal world and destroying the one that she died in.
    nope, rin was dead, he wanted her back, and madara offered him the means

he doesnt revive rin because the real rin would never be okay with what he has done, and he knows it.

Status
    Jun 2012
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...

I think the real reason for Obito is his disappointment in everything he once believed in. His view of the world was shattered but it didn't happen in one second, it was a slow and far more intense process. Someone just pushed him into the 'right' direction. Rin dying was just a small part of it.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

EXACTLY!! Because he doesn't want to bring her back to a world where everything and everyone amounts only to trash. He wants her to exist in a new world without, strife, pain, suffering and any kind of hardship, whe everyone is happy, where there are no wars, no ill will, and where no one has to lose their beloved comrades.
    That could be a decent plot point, if it was developed, what we got was a couple of chapters leading up to the death of 1 person, that probably had a impact on him, but we never see how Madara gets him to agree with the "moon eye plan". Five chapters of back story could establish a satisfying motivation.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikki View Post
    I think the real reason for Obito is his disappointment in everything he once believed in. His view of the world was shattered but it didn't happen in one second, it was a slow and far more intense process. Someone just pushed him into the 'right' direction. Rin dying was just a small part of it.
    IT was instantaneous, nothing else challanges his beliefs besides her death. He didnt care what madara said until her death. and he states himself at the moment of apiffany that he would create a world were rin was in it. This is his plan, madara knew rin would most likely be killed using zetsu scouts and so on, without rins death he would have stayed in konoha.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

That was so rushed and unconvincing, we all love Naruto, but try to be objective. Kishimoto should have developed Obito's turn to darkness a lot more then he did.
    Look, how can I force my brain to think something that it doesn't? I am completely convinced already, I can only suggest reading Rehabilitation and Dream World. Those are the 2 most important chapters to his background.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by celarian View Post
    nope, rin was dead, he wanted her back, and madara offered him the means

he doesnt revive rin because the real rin would never be okay with what he has done, and he knows it.
    Look, I can only show you the door, you're the one that has to walk through it, if you refuse to do so then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikki View Post
    Right man! Exactly right!!
    That could be a decent plot point, if it was developed, what we got was a couple of chapters leading up to the death of 1 person, that probably had a impact on him, but we never see how Madara gets him to agree with the "moon eye plan". Five chapters of back story could establish a satisfying motivation.
    It has been developed, otherwise I wouldn't say it! Remember Madara's flashback as Obito is holding Rin, "a world with only winners"? Obito says this right after:"I will create a world where you are alive". It is heavily implied my friend.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Look, I can only show you the door, you're the one that has to walk through it, if you refuse to do so then so be it.

Right man! Exactly right!!

It has been developed, otherwise I wouldn't say it! Remember Madara's flashback as Obito is holding Rin, "a world with only winners"? Obito says this right after:"I will create a world where you are alive". It is heavily implied my friend.
    there's a huge difference between implied and developed.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Look, how can I force my brain to think something that it doesn't? I am completely convinced already, I can only suggest reading Rehabilitation and Dream World. Those are the 2 most important chapters to his background.
    It's like reading only the foot notes of a historical event, we only got the facts, it's sorely lacking of development. But hey, maybe i'm just weird for wanting more then two chapters to explain the motivation for taking over the world.

Last edited by enuzuki; 01-04-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

It's like reading only the foot notes of a historical event, we only got the facts, it's sorely lacking of development. But hey, maybe i'm just weird for wanting more then two chapters to explain the motivation for taking over the world.
    Don't look at it as world domination, but as erasing the current pitiful existence and making a better world where no one needs to suffer.

And those are just the key chapters that explain his present personality.

His motivation is only a single moment: His most trusted comrade piercing the heart of his most beloved comrade. Reality comes crashing down on you my man.

Last edited by The God of Wind; 01-04-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Don't look at it as world domination, but as erasing the current pitiful existence and making a better world where no one needs to suffer.
    So it's a dictatorship? Think about it, they all lose free will and are forced to live by the ideals of two people. Madara and Obito are Hitler and Mussolini? :o

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

So it's a dictatorship? Think about it, they all lose free will and are forced to live by the ideals of two people. Madara and Obito are Hitler and Mussolini? :o
    I believe the idea is to abolish pain and suffering, whereas those things are the top byproducts of dictatorships. It is a means to an end, the end is unconditional albeit forced peace. But peace nonetheless.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

And those are just the key chapters that explain his present personality.

His motivation is only a single moment: His most trusted comrade piercing the heart of his most beloved comrade. Reality comes crashing down on you my man.
    1. I'm not saying he doesn't have any reason to do what he's doing, but a stronger motivation would be great. 2. "Reality comes crashing down on you my man" So he finally sees reality and wants to change it. But why like this? we should have seen Madara mold him into what he is now. With more then just two chapters.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Personally i think that a 5 chapter back story of Obito's turn to darkness would be the second flashback in Naruto that i don't find completely boring. It had a lot of potential, but it didn't live up to one tenth of it.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Blink 182 is my Religion...
    nuff said!!

i don't know....seems legit

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Personally i think that a 5 chapter back story of Obito's turn to darkness would be the second flashback in Naruto that i don't find completely boring. It had a lot of potential, but it didn't live up to one tenth of it.
    You cannot question someone's motivation. The reason being: We cannot see the heart of the person who may be doing something that we believe does not line up with scripture.

plɹoʍ pǝʇɹǝʌuı oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ bl4ckJack's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    when Im with U ...the only place I want to be is CLOSER !
    Sandboxed QQ

Quote Originally Posted by celebrei View Post
    I'll explain this as simple as possible:

Rin dies, Obito cries, goes to Madara because she died, Madara offers Eye of the Moon Plan, Obito thought it got swag and off he ran, forming Akatsuki, capturing the Jinchuurikis, to revive the Juubi, to power up the Infinite Tsukoyomi, to be together forever with his biddy.

Even if Obito has tsukoyomi it is limited and the genjutsu will end when he's low on chakra meaning his illusionary paradise with Rin has a time limit, however with the Juubi providing infinite battery time to the Infinite Tsukoyomi, Obito can be together with Rin forever in a make-believe reality, the whole world is merely a casualty of his raging hormones.
    lol :D .. Nice Post .. agree agree