Page 5 of 8 « First 12345678 Last»
Results 101 to 125 of 182
  1. #101
    ~The Legendary Emo~ emo313's Avatar
    Status
    emo313 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Am The One Who Protects The
    Light Behind The Darkness ~
    I'm Balancing This World~
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Agree.. wow some1 with brains on this site!!
     
         

  2. #102
    Senior Member Baka Sennin's Avatar
    Status
    Baka Sennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    3,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    That's a interesting theory. i was kinda thinking about it myself when he said "there is no need for this reality, come Naruto". Or at least something along those lines.
    yeah, i think obito's much more invested in project tsuki no me than madara is. plus, if obito's goal is simply to be reunited with rin he doesn't have any need to go to that length when either he or nagato or sasuke (in future) could just use RT on her, no need to involve madara in the equation. which means that his motivations probably run deeper. although of course you might say that i don't think nagato or sasuke would be too pleased to lay down their life for rin, i don't think obito was planning on them doing it out of free will in any case.

    at any rate, i'm not too pleased about the choice of obito as the man behind the mask of Tobi (or at least the depth to which his backstory was shown, we share the same opinion here), but Tobi's true purpose is a subject which really interests me, i think i'll make a thorough thread about him soon because neither him nor madara have revealed their true intentions yet imo.
     
         

  3. #103
    someone doubledude's Avatar
    Status
    doubledude is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    me gusta pizza
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Kakashi killing Rin only helped Obito understand in what kind of world they live in and the world's sistem. That's where he figured Madara just might help him change that.
     
         

  4. #104
    Member
    Status
    zeuspater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    good thread.
     
         

  5. #105
    Member buddy2soul's Avatar
    Status
    buddy2soul is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    It's pretty self explanatory that this whole rule the world nonsense is so Obito can live forever with Rin...but Madara is just using that to control Obito and get him to do everything he wants him to do.
     
         

  6. #106
    The Unbiased one slaton02's Avatar
    Status
    slaton02 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,617
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't **** wit me, you'll lose
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Moral of the story....Kisame is awesome.
     
         

  7. #107
    Senior Member Murasame's Avatar
    Status
    Murasame is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ..........
    Posts
    4,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    I totally agree with you on this. Some people are retarded and just think its over Rin when she's only part of the reason! Its easy seeing other people go through this and say wow its stupid that's he going crazy over someone he loved. It's a different thing when you're actually going through it! Especially for obito because not only did he see Rin die he saw kakashi killing her too. Just imagine his perspective seeing his friend who promised him to protect rin kill her. I'm not agreeing with Obitos actions but come on people you have to stop saying its over rin! Yes he wants her back but he also wants a World where everythings perfect a world with peace. He's just going on about it in a wrong way.
     
         

  8. #108
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baka Sennin View Post
    Rin's death was merely the catalyst, now he's adopted Madara's ideology of a world with just winners. even if I don't think that's Madara's true goal haha
    Indeed friend

    Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    Agree.. wow some1 with brains on this site!!
    Takes one to know one, thanks man!

    Quote Originally Posted by Animaeon View Post
    True, but even he had to go through a package of hardships, which was directly and indirectly caused by war; we had a backstory on his parents, his life as an orphan, losing his dog, getting involved in war and losing many comrades to achieve peace. When it finally came down to the Yahiko scene, it's safe to say it was the final push over the edge.

    But for Obito, the flashbacks were spent mostly on preparing Rin's death scene. We didn't get a backstory on the whereabouts of his parents, we don't know for sure if Rin was his only bond, we didn't get an interesting insight on Obito's life in the Uchiha clan, and the war was only mentioned once in the beginning.

    So the big difference between Obito and a lot of characters is that even though Kishi did a terrific job developing Obito through his hard work up to his ideals shattering, his background deserved more attention... Because it could've given Obito more motives and reasons to join Madara. And thus satisfying more people.
    You have about 9-10 chapter explaining his past, from the moment his mask comes off until Madara goes for the Jinchuuriki, it's all one big, awesomely put together, back story. I used to be one of the people that hated the idea of Tobi being Obito, but after those 10 chapters, I couldn't be more of a fan of his character. Honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlad View Post
    I wanted to create this thread as well, but now it looks like it isnt needed. Thank you
    You're welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by emo313 View Post
    Agree.. wow some1 with brains on this site!!
    Haha thanks, you too man!
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledude View Post
    Kakashi killing Rin only helped Obito understand in what kind of world they live in and the world's sistem. That's where he figured Madara just might help him change that.
    Exactly bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeuspater View Post
    good thread.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy2soul View Post
    It's pretty self explanatory that this whole rule the world nonsense is so Obito can live forever with Rin...but Madara is just using that to control Obito and get him to do everything he wants him to do.
    >_> I hope you dont actually believe that.....
    Quote Originally Posted by slaton02 View Post
    Moral of the story....Kisame is awesome.
    Yeah he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biju Naruto View Post
    I totally agree with you on this. Some people are retarded and just think its over Rin when she's only part of the reason! Its easy seeing other people go through this and say wow its stupid that's he going crazy over someone he loved. It's a different thing when you're actually going through it! Especially for obito because not only did he see Rin die he saw kakashi killing her too. Just imagine his perspective seeing his friend who promised him to protect rin kill her. I'm not agreeing with Obitos actions but come on people you have to stop saying its over rin! Yes he wants her back but he also wants a World where everythings perfect a world with peace. He's just going on about it in a wrong way.
    Thank you! I couldn't agree more with what you've said. Especially the part about how easy it is to undermine pain when it's not your own.
     
         

  9. #109
    Scavenger of humans sorrow phantomlord22's Avatar
    Status
    phantomlord22 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Posts
    4,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big words, small mind Behind
    the pain you will find A
    scavenger of human sorrow
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    I knew it from start that rins death just was the start
    obito doesn't give a shit about this world anymore
     
         

  10. #110
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlord22 View Post
    I knew it from start that rins death just was the start
    obito doesn't give a shit about this world anymore
    Hai Hai
     
         

  11. #111
    The Alchemist's Avatar
    Status
    The Alchemist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Within the desolate recesses of the human consciousness
    Posts
    1,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet I got some weed, bet I got
    some weed, bet she on her
    knees; bet she swallow ****,
    bet she love my swag, bet she
    leave yo ass
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    WTH?? There's no way you read the thread already.
    How the fukk would you know?...
    Anyway, I disagree. Obito was spurned into this action because of the death of Rin. It has everything to do with his motivation for betraying his comrades and carrying on with this plan.
     
         

  12. #112
    R Ì N N E -Immortal-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Immortal- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    24,127
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has Godly status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    because kisame is more beast in a way than obito
     
         

  13. #113
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    How the fukk would you know?...
    Anyway, I disagree. Obito was spurned into this action because of the death of Rin.
    Yes he was, but that isn't what drives him. Rin's death was the "pain" that made Obito grow up and mature. Just read the last few chapters, his entire barrage on Naruto was to make him see what he has seen. The only difference between him and Naruto, is that there was someone there to save him and help pull him out of the slump. But Obito had no one, nothing except for one single signpost about the nature of the world, left there by Madara. That was his only option and he followed it, lived his life by it, and became it.
     
         

  14. #114
    Atarashi Yoake TheSyren's Avatar
    Status
    TheSyren is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In her arms. Jealous?
    Posts
    2,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then a chill swept through the
    mammoth crowd and the demons
    squealed with glee, as a
    sordid, vulgar, repulsive
    essence was felt. Arrogantly
    prancing, hands held high,
    draped in a sparkling shroud
    Trolled by demons, Syren
    ascended from Hell.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchakra View Post
    Why not? It only took two minutes to read.
    I agree, it took around 28 seconds, if you skip the pictures.
     
         

  15. #115
    Academy Student
    Status
    morrowind788 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    [QUOTE=The God of Wind;9732733]I have tried to reason this, now I am left with one option, WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST!! Enjoy your stay!


    wow you told everyone to be mature and not act childish but then he states a valid point and you dont wanna even understand where he is coming from and what hes trying to tell you. you ask a quesetion then get mad at the answers you recive. if you dont like what other people think you shouldnt post things like this i for one think he had a valid point and please try to be nicer to people answering your questions that was just rude.
     
         

  16. #116
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrowind788 View Post
    wow you told everyone to be mature and not act childish but then he states a valid point and you dont wanna even understand where he is coming from and what hes trying to tell you. you ask a quesetion then get mad at the answers you recive. if you dont like what other people think you shouldnt post things like this i for one think he had a valid point and please try to be nicer to people answering your questions that was just rude.
    That dude isn't logical at all, you should read his previous post. I have reasoned with many people through out this thread. That guy just likes to make a mockery of everything, it's a joke to him. That's his nature.
     
         

  17. #117
    Banned
    Status
    Omnipotent is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the battlefield
    Posts
    5,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    This thread will prove to you, the war for Mugen Tsukuyomi is not over some petty attachment or love for Rin.

    How can someone who witnessed the death of his beloved, who obviously... had to be killed to serve a higher purpose.......





    .............like and trust a man who carries out the same objective day after day, night after night, without hesitation or regrets?





    If Obito had started this war over Rin, and the fact that she was killed for the protection of an entire Village, Obito would not have made Kisame his most trusted subordinate, because Kisame was someone who stood for that very ideal and protected it. Kisame carried out the same type of missions Kakashi had to complete by killing Rin that fateful day.

    Obito's reason for subduing the world is much greater than that, and beyond the understanding of some people, mainly the one's calling him "emo", "*****made" and the one's saying he did it because of Rin.

    I dont even fully understand him yet, Tobi is still very much a mystery to me.

    Simplified for some: Obito is well over Rin, this war is not for her, but for a much higher purpose that makes him a most dangerous and very stable man.

    When Obito said to Kakashi, "you let her die", he was replying to Kakashi's question on why he hadn't shown himself to him.

    Kakashi: "So......you survived. THEN HOW COME UNTIL NOW...........you never said anything....?

    Obito: "Because you let her die Kakashi(you broke your promise to me, you don't deserve to know)"

    Kakashi: "Aren't you going to blame me?"

    Obito: "It's pointless to blame you or this useless reality. I am not interested in a world that is about to disappear."


    Seriously....why don't people get that there is a lot more going on here besides vengeance for lost love?

    This war is meant to make the world a better place than the shitty world that exists today(in Obito's eyes).

    I do not agree with that^ method, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. So can you guys please be mature....
    So basically your interpretation is more valuable than the interpretation of others?

    Yes, it is for Rin:

     
         

  18. #118
    Atarashi Yoake TheSyren's Avatar
    Status
    TheSyren is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In her arms. Jealous?
    Posts
    2,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then a chill swept through the
    mammoth crowd and the demons
    squealed with glee, as a
    sordid, vulgar, repulsive
    essence was felt. Arrogantly
    prancing, hands held high,
    draped in a sparkling shroud
    Trolled by demons, Syren
    ascended from Hell.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    So basically your interpretation is more valuable than the interpretation of others?

    Yes, it is for Rin:

    That was how he used to feel. He may feel similarly now, but he wants more than that. He wants full control. He wants to create a world where only he has control. He is more like a dictator than a vengeful man who lost his love.
     
         

  19. #119
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    So basically your interpretation is more valuable than the interpretation of others?

    Yes, it is for Rin:

    Rin wouldnt really be alive, just an illusion. Post the next page too, that's his true goal.
     
         

  20. #120
    Academy Student
    Status
    morrowind788 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    That dude isn't logical at all, you should read his previous post. I have reasoned with many people through out this thread. That guy just likes to make a mockery of everything, it's a joke to him. That's his nature.
    i understand that i read every post up to the end and you make fun of everyone elses views unable to accept anything but yours. all i am trying to tell you is if you ask a question dont be rude about the answers you get read and understand what they are saying. there is alot that goes on in the question you ask first
    1. this whole story has been going on since the beginning of shippuden.
    2. obito and madra are not only the main plot sasuka is still in here and we dont understand his part in this war yet.
    3. there is still alot to discuss in this manga only small details have been released there is still LOTS of room for improvment and flashbacks.
    4. this whole thing about rin can go either was you feel this is for you to interprit if you think hese doing it for her then he is if you dont think he is then hes not the reason there is so few details is because he wants you to interprit your own way for his plot.
    5. it would have been nice to see more growth with him to me it seems like he kinda just dropped in and he became a main person in the plot he should have done like he did with naruto/sas or any other main people.
     
         

  21. #121
    Academy Student
    Status
    morrowind788 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    srry if some of that posts mixes together im at work and we hit a rush
     
         

  22. #122
    banned ImNoOne's Avatar
    Status
    ImNoOne is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,974
    Post Thanks / Like
    Numbing the passing days...
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    It is quite clear Rin was the trigger for Obito to sign up on Madara's plan. But I can relate to this idea that a grown up man that has done and lived the life Obito has will have a much more matured reason and vision on his motivations.

    You can look at this as Master Yoda would. Bounds and attachment are dangerous. Because over the loss of a loved one you may develop anger and grief that may evolve into hatred and coldness.

    For all that is worth Obito was still a child when he saw Kakashi killing Rin and signed up for the Moon's Eye Plan. Those factors cannot be forgotten when analysing his mentality. So obviously the motivations would have brewed inside him as he matured and today may have nothing to do with the original ones but his mentality hasn't changed, what he is - a tool to bring change to the world, as he defined himself - remains the why changes.


    This is actually a recurrent feature for Kishimoto. Sasuke has the same line of development. His motivations have now changed a couple of times but he is still hell bent on vengeance, that who he is, someone who sicks vengeance.
     
         

  23. #123
    Academy Student
    Status
    morrowind788 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoOne View Post
    It is quite clear Rin was the trigger for Obito to sign up on Madara's plan. But I can relate to this idea that a grown up man that has done and lived the life Obito has will have a much more matured reason and vision on his motivations.

    You can look at this as Master Yoda would. Bounds and attachment are dangerous. Because over the loss of a loved one you may develop anger and grief that may evolve into hatred and coldness.

    For all that is worth Obito was still a child when he saw Kakashi killing Rin and signed up for the Moon's Eye Plan. Those factors cannot be forgotten when analysing his mentality. So obviously the motivations would have brewed inside him as he matured and today may have nothing to do with the original ones but his mentality hasn't changed, what he is - a tool to bring change to the world, as he defined himself - remains the why changes.


    This is actually a recurrent feature for Kishimoto. Sasuke has the same line of development. His motivations have now changed a couple of times but he is still hell bent on vengeance, that who he is, someone who sicks vengeance.

    haha i completly agree!
     
         

  24. #124
    Member B00m's Avatar
    Status
    B00m is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    It sounds like you are trying to prove something that is really up to interpretation, although I don't know what exactly it is you're trying to prove.
     
         

  25. #125
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    You can look at it however you like, it really doesn't affect me. I was only helping people see Obito for the badass he really is, and how dangerous his ideology is and where it stems from. But if you wanna keep saying its because of Rin, then so be it. I couldn't care less.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •