Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Why don't people understand?

srry if some of that posts mixes together im at work and we hit a rush

Status
    Nov 2011
    Numbing the passing days...

It is quite clear Rin was the trigger for Obito to sign up on Madara's plan. But I can relate to this idea that a grown up man that has done and lived the life Obito has will have a much more matured reason and vision on his motivations.

You can look at this as Master Yoda would. Bounds and attachment are dangerous. Because over the loss of a loved one you may develop anger and grief that may evolve into hatred and coldness.

For all that is worth Obito was still a child when he saw Kakashi killing Rin and signed up for the Moon's Eye Plan. Those factors cannot be forgotten when analysing his mentality. So obviously the motivations would have brewed inside him as he matured and today may have nothing to do with the original ones but his mentality hasn't changed, what he is - a tool to bring change to the world, as he defined himself - remains the why changes.

This is actually a recurrent feature for Kishimoto. Sasuke has the same line of development. His motivations have now changed a couple of times but he is still hell bent on vengeance, that who he is, someone who sicks vengeance.

Academy Student
    Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoOne View Post
    It is quite clear Rin was the trigger for Obito to sign up on Madara's plan. But I can relate to this idea that a grown up man that has done and lived the life Obito has will have a much more matured reason and vision on his motivations.

You can look at this as Master Yoda would. Bounds and attachment are dangerous. Because over the loss of a loved one you may develop anger and grief that may evolve into hatred and coldness.

For all that is worth Obito was still a child when he saw Kakashi killing Rin and signed up for the Moon's Eye Plan. Those factors cannot be forgotten when analysing his mentality. So obviously the motivations would have brewed inside him as he matured and today may have nothing to do with the original ones but his mentality hasn't changed, what he is - a tool to bring change to the world, as he defined himself - remains the why changes.

This is actually a recurrent feature for Kishimoto. Sasuke has the same line of development. His motivations have now changed a couple of times but he is still hell bent on vengeance, that who he is, someone who sicks vengeance.

haha i completly agree!

Status
    Apr 2012
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh

It sounds like you are trying to prove something that is really up to interpretation, although I don't know what exactly it is you're trying to prove.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

You can look at it however you like, it really doesn't affect me. I was only helping people see Obito for the badass he really is, and how dangerous his ideology is and where it stems from. But if you wanna keep saying its because of Rin, then so be it. I couldn't care less.

Academy Student
    Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    You can look at it however you like, it really doesn't affect me. I was only helping people see Obito for the badass he really is, and how dangerous his ideology is and where it stems from. But if you wanna keep saying its because of Rin, then so be it. I couldn't care less.
    see now i understand what you were talking about if you would have sad i think hes bad ass and he is a very dangerous ideas and views i would completly agree with you my man! because he very much is dangerous and very so much bad ass i dont even think we have seen but 30% of what he can do he is such a mysterious character. tis the reason he gets at me so much because we know so little!

Status
    May 2012
    Suck My Ass.

Your thread is full of assumptions

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by morrowind788 View Post
    see now i understand what you were talking about if you would have sad i think hes bad ass and he is a very dangerous ideas and views i would completly agree with you my man! because he very much is dangerous and very so much bad ass i dont even think we have seen but 30% of what he can do he is such a mysterious character. tis the reason he gets at me so much because we know so little!
    His current state of mind doesn't stem from the fact that Rin died, her death was his awakening to the reality and harshness of life. He is a badass BECAUSE of that awakening. That is my point.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Cool story now make me some ramen P.S Just because some expresses there opinion does not mean they are immature. I believe you are more immature then anyone who commented

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaBrothers View Post
    Your thread is full of assumptions
    Thank you you are so right

Status
    Sh*t Happens

I can somewhat understand what you mean, Rins death isn`t the sole reason for Obito`s crazy world domination plan but a catalyst. It does make sense when you think about it, but it is still in my opinion a really cheap move on Kishis part. Examining Obitos life what trauma has he really have? (excluding Rin). I still find it hard to think that Madara could convince Obitio to betray everything he was brought up to protect and serve with a few words and a single death. Though that seems to be a running trait in the series. Finally I don't think its fair to assume you have the correct opinion by saying why don't you people understand. As in the past this manga is one that requires some thought and opinion from the reader. This follows the same principle about those who thought that Minato was Tobi, it is all OPINION. Unless Kishi decides to come right out and start saying specifics (and lets be real here that about as likely as the moon falling right now) then there is no one way to look at things. Personally I think it was Obito taking Rins death at the hands of Kakashi to hard and he wants to destroy the world, not some unknown innate reason so convoluted that it flies over the head of a huge portion of Naruto fans.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Morality View Post
    I can somewhat understand what you mean, Rins death isn`t the sole reason for Obito`s crazy world domination plan but a catalyst. It does make sense when you think about it, but it is still in my opinion a really cheap move on Kishis part. Examining Obitos life what trauma has he really have? (excluding Rin). I still find it hard to think that Madara could convince Obitio to betray everything he was brought up to protect and serve with a few words and a single death. Though that seems to be a running trait in the series. Finally I don't think its fair to assume you have the correct opinion by saying why don't you people understand. As in the past this manga is one that requires some thought and opinion from the reader. This follows the same principle about those who thought that Minato was Tobi, it is all OPINION. Unless Kishi decides to come right out and start saying specifics (and lets be real here that about as likely as the moon falling right now) then there is no one way to look at things. Personally I think it was Obito taking Rins death at the hands of Kakashi to hard and he wants to destroy the world, not some unknown innate reason so convoluted that it flies over the head of a huge portion of Naruto fans.
    So witnessing your best friend and team mate pierce the heart of your most beloved comrade and killing her on the spot is a "single death"? It seems like you don't understand the magnitude of the situation. *sigh* look at what Kishimoto has to deal with.

Status
    May 2012
    Suck My Ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SageMasterMarcus View Post
    Thank you you are so right
    Your welcome... im glad you agree:D

Academy Student
    Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

His current state of mind doesn't stem from the fact that Rin died, her death was his awakening to the reality and harshness of life. He is a badass BECAUSE of that awakening. That is my point.
    Well you just Contradicted yourself the whole reason this started was because she died right so the fact that she died was the (stem) to start his BADASSNESS lol.if he did not witness this death and it knew about it this thread wouldn't exist. He would just walk away from madara and think him Insane

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by morrowind788 View Post
    Well you just Contradicted yourself the whole reason this started was because she died right so the fact that she died was the (stem) to start his BADASSNESS lol.if he did not witness this death and it knew about it this thread wouldn't exist. He would just walk away from madara and think him Insane
    You didn't understand my post.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Above All

Rin wouldnt really be alive, just an illusion. Post the next page too, that's his true goal.
    And who are you to say what's his true goal or not, Kishi?

Was his decision to go along with Madara's plan not directly influenced by Rin's death? Because I think it was:

Not to mention the way he reacts towards spectators of Rin's death?:

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    And who are you to say what's his true goal or not, Kishi?
    The page that I asked you to post, was the one that said: "I will change the fate, of this world"

That's his motivation and his goal. Madara's plan only provided him the means to accomplish that goal. He hates the reality that brought Rin's death from Kakashi's own hands. He will stop at nothing to make that reality disappear.

Status
    This user has no status.

I agree with this thread to the fullest. Obito is not simple minded. Ever since the unraveling of Obito and his background, I've thought the same way.
    Seeing these comments, especially those who completely disagree with what you said, just baffles me. It's like some people here have the analytical skills of a 1st grader, especially those who completely agree that Obito's motive relies solely on vengeance for Rin's death. It's frustrating to see that people actually think that way.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by abcplay57 View Post
    I agree with this thread to the fullest. Obito is not simple minded. Ever since the unraveling of Obito and his background, I've thought the same way.
    Seeing these comments, especially those who completely disagree with what you said, just baffles me. It's like some people here have the analytical skills of a 1st grader, especially those who completely agree that Obito's motive relies solely on vengeance for Rin's death. It's frustrating to see that people actually think that way.
    Yes it is. But I'm glad there are more insightful, smarter people in the world as well.

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

i think madara send a white zetsu to kill rin and transformed itself to rin so kakashi would kill it to brake kakashi friendship whit obito and control obito from then on