Page 8 of 8 « First ... 45678
Results 176 to 182 of 182
  1. #176
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Once again, did he think that way before Rin's death?

    Tell me, because I'm pretty sure he was ecstatic to go back to Rin and Kakashi prior to that, and before his "death" he was eager to become Hokage and become acknowledged.
    Oh my gosh! Did I say that her death wasn't a factor? No! You said he is butthurt over her death and is doing everything to revive her. Remember? Or would you like to change your original statement?
    Many people changed due to the death's of their comrades in this story including Nagato and Sasuke.

    This discussion is about his resolve and his motivation. I specifically stated in my thread, with the first freaking line, that this war was not over attachments or lost love, but to change the world.

    You are obviously too immature to understand something like that.
     
         

  2. #177
    Member enuzuki's Avatar
    Status
    enuzuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    Oh my gosh! Did I say that her death wasn't a factor? No! You said he is butthurt over her death and is doing everything to revive her. Remember? Or would you like to change your original statement?
    Many people changed due to the death's of their comrades in this story including Nagato and Sasuke.

    This discussion is about his resolve and his motivation. I specifically stated in my thread, with the first freaking line, that this war was not over attachments or lost love, but to change the world.

    You are obviously too immature to understand something like that.

    Does he really need to whip out the page where he holds Rin and says, "i will make this a better world for you". Or something along does lines. No other motive has been revealed so far...In other words It's as simple as him doing all of this for Rin.

    PS: If you want an anime with complexity, sub-text and with actual deep philosophical points about humanity, check out "Wolf's rain". Or if you like double meanings, and clever metaphors check out "Utena". Stop hailing an mainstream shonen jump fighting anime/manga as the most complex and intricate thing ever made in otaku culture.
     
         
    Last edited by enuzuki; 01-06-2013 at 02:12 PM.

  3. #178
    In detention The God of Wind's Avatar
    Status
    The God of Wind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    3,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    Does he really need to whip out the page where he holds Rin and says, "i will make this a better world for you". Or something along does lines. No other motive has been revealed so far...In other words It's as simple as him doing all of this for Rin.

    PS: If you want an anime with complexity, sub-text and with actual deep philosophical points about humanity, check out "Wolf's rain". Or if you like double meanings, and clever metaphors check out "Utena". Stop hailing an mainstream shonen jump fighting anime/manga as the most complex and intricate thing ever made in otaku culture.
    You seem like a regular anime fanatic which I am not, I am only attracted to stories with substance, that explore the light and darkness of human nature. In that respect, there is not another story in the same league. Besides, Naruto has given me something much more important, I don't need to watch nor do I watch, any other anime. Not only that, Naruto has ties to the the real world in many aspects, horrors of war, dirty politics, power, pain, attachments to ones religion(in the anime, clan) etc etc etc. Naruto has the most brilliant real world incorporation, it is so amazingly crafted, that nothing else comes close to it in my mind. I had never even heard of forums for anime until I was so captivated and blown away by Naruto that I just absolutely had to join one and talk about it.

    What can I say, I have been spiritually fulfilled thanks to it. I will forever be grateful. I feel really sorry for those that don't see it's true beauty.
     
         

  4. #179
    Member enuzuki's Avatar
    Status
    enuzuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    You seem like a regular anime fanatic which I am not, I am only attracted to stories with substance, that explore the light and darkness of human nature. In that respect, there is not another story in the same league. Besides, Naruto has given me something much more important, I don't need to watch nor do I watch, any other anime. Not only that, Naruto has ties to the the real world in many aspects, horrors of war, dirty politics, power, pain, attachments to ones religion(in the anime, clan) etc etc etc. Naruto has the most brilliant real world incorporation, it is so amazingly crafted, that nothing else comes close to it in my mind. I had never even heard of forums for anime until I was so captivated and blown away by Naruto that I just absolutely had to join one and talk about it.

    What can I say, I have been spiritually fulfilled thanks to it. I will forever be grateful. I feel really sorry for those that don't see it's true beauty.
    Really...Naruto has fulfilled you spiritually? Nevermind then there's nothing i can do for you. The only thing i have left to say is, check out something that really tries to have emotional complexity for the sake of having emotional complexity. Trust me if you look really, really, really close in wolf's rain you'll see some of the deepest points of both religion and human nature...Plus it's a show that actually tries to do it, as a opposed to Naruto that has simple and understandable messages. You know, for the majority of the finacial demographic. Oh and as a response to "I am only attracted to stories with substance". Find something with substance that's more then just skin deep.
     
         

  5. #180
    JIRAIYA perv's Avatar
    Status
    JIRAIYA perv is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It is the mark of an
    educated mind to be able to
    entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    You seem like a regular anime fanatic which I am not, I am only attracted to stories with substance, that explore the light and darkness of human nature. In that respect, there is not another story in the same league. Besides, Naruto has given me something much more important, I don't need to watch nor do I watch, any other anime. Not only that, Naruto has ties to the the real world in many aspects, horrors of war, dirty politics, power, pain, attachments to ones religion(in the anime, clan) etc etc etc. Naruto has the most brilliant real world incorporation, it is so amazingly crafted, that nothing else comes close to it in my mind. I had never even heard of forums for anime until I was so captivated and blown away by Naruto that I just absolutely had to join one and talk about it.

    What can I say, I have been spiritually fulfilled thanks to it. I will forever be grateful. I feel really sorry for those that don't see it's true beauty.
    wow ..... its just a good story (and i see all the stuff you said it covered) but wow ..... you are spirtually fulfilled ?? .... then what would you do if i told you that there are better anime's out there ..... lol
     
         

  6. #181
    Member enuzuki's Avatar
    Status
    enuzuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by JIRAIYA perv View Post
    wow ..... its just a good story (and i see all the stuff you said it covered) but wow ..... you are spirtually fulfilled ?? .... then what would you do if i told you that there are better anime's out there ..... lol
    I watch Naruto when i wanna turn of my brain and watch ninja's pummel each other. I guess this guy does it to fulfill his spiritual needs? Funniest thing is that it's pretty obvious that Kishimoto wanted to end Naruto for sometime now. He's not very invested in it anymore, but shonen jump magazines are...financially that is.
     
         

  7. #182
    JIRAIYA perv's Avatar
    Status
    JIRAIYA perv is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It is the mark of an
    educated mind to be able to
    entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
     

    Re: Why don't people understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by enuzuki View Post
    I watch Naruto when i wanna turn of my brain and watch ninja's pummel each other. I guess this guy does it to fulfill his spiritual needs? Funniest thing is that it's pretty obvious that Kishimoto wanted to end Naruto for sometime now. He's not very invested in it anymore, but shonen jump magazines are...financially that is.
    haha yep it seems like it (its not the same any more), and i don't know about the spiritual fulfillment thing ..... but like you am there for the fights and the good story.
     
         

Page 8 of 8 « First ... 45678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •