1. Before start of series: Hinata starts to admire Naruto, seeing through his made-up exterior of being the monster fox and instead truly seeing what is inside him. She eventually becomes the only girl in the Academy to recognize Naruto's potential and over time she starts developing a crush on him. Naruto is still unaware of the fact that there is at least one person who is able to see him for who he truly is.
2. During the first test of the Chuunin exams: Naruto and Hinata somehow ended up sitting next to each other and Hinata offers him help disregarding the risks that it may bring (being eliminated) Naruto is suspicious at first but then he truly starts appreciating her help until he eventually decides that it'd be better if he doesn't peek.
Because she likes him :P
3. During the start of the preliminatory battles in the Chuunin exams Hinata is still the only person besides Sandaime and Iruka-sensei to recognize Naruto's potential. She is silently cheering for him even though she's having an internal battle cause his opponent is none other than Kiba her team mate. She even shows some development when she offers Naruto some healing medicine. Kurenai-sensei notices Hinata's romantic feelings for Naruto. Naruto is still unaware of Hinata's feelings for him and probably thinks of her as just being shy, weird and negative.
4. During preleminatory battles: during Hinata vs. Neji Naruto starts getting angry at Neji for being such an arrogant person and for daring to look down on Hinata. Thanks to Naruto's words of encouragement Hinata is able to stand up again and here is where she shares her nindo with us: "to never go back on one's word and to always hold your head high up." Which also happens to be Naruto's nindo. Naruto starts to see Hinata's full potential. When Neji ends up half killing Hinata Naruto is enraged and he grabs her blood and swears to Neji that he will fight him and that he will defeat him. (Never going back on one's words)
5. When Naruto is leaving to battle Neji he encounters Hinata at the training ground. He starts a conversation with her, wanting her support. Hinata first thanks him for having had faith in her and then she is able to fully give him the strength, the confidence and the support he needed so much. Hinata mentions that she believes in him and that he's her proud failure. This makes Naruto feel surprised. Remember that up to this moment only 1 person (Iruka-sensei) besides Hinata have told him those exact same words; that they believed in him. Naruto ends up telling her that he doesn't think of her as being weird, shy and negative anymore. He says that he likes people like her. Meaning that he's saying that he likes her (as a friend for now) imagine the impact that Hinata's words must've had on Naruto. The first girl to tell him that.
6. During Neji vs. Naruto when Naruto is coughing up blood and right then and there Hinata starts coughing up blood, too! Here again it shows the deep connection between Naruto and Hinata.
We don't get any development in a very long time.
7. When Naruto and Hinata meet again after the Time Skip it is confirmed that Hinata still harbors romantic feelings for him.
8. Pain vs. Naruto: Hinata jumps into the fight even though she knows she has no chance of winning against Pain and is probably jumping there knowing she will die. But all this doesn't matter to her since she jumped in there to try and protect Naruto who is currently in a helpless situation. She lets him know what has always been on her mind; that his smile was the thing that saved her from her helpless self. That it was because of him that she was able to live on with her head held high up. She tells him that she's not leaving his side and tells him that if it's for him she is willing to die during that battle because she LOVES him! A confession! Naruto is shown to be quite surprised, but he also shows worry for her. Pain one-shots Hinata and stabs her with a rod and apparently kills her. He then mentions that love leads to hatred and that hatred will lead to pain and then pain to more pain and so on. Naruto loses control of himself and releases six tails...
Now what we can deduce from this situation is that Pain assumed and was sure that Hinata was the girl Naruto loved, because as he stabbed Hinata he mentioned that love ( Naruto's love for her) will lead to hatred (Naruto losing control of himself and releasing 6 tails, which by the way had never ever happened before. And he eventually ends up releasing 9 tails and all because of the hatred that accumulated in his heart from seeing Hinata die in front of him. Remember that he didn't have this reaction when he sensed Kakashi was already dead.) and that it'd lead to more pain which in this case didn't happen since Naruto managed to break that ideology. Now my conclussion from this whole confession and Naruto losing complete control of himself situation is that Naruto had already harbored special feelings for Hinata ever since that one time when she encouraged him before he went off to fight Neji. First it started off as appreciation, then after Hinata's confession that appreciation started turning into the beginnings of love. Something he didn't realize until much later.
9. I'm going to separate Pain vs. Naruto into 2 different parts since it had so much NaruHina. After Naruto comes back to his own senses he senses Hinata lying across the floor, bleeding, and he immediately starts worrying if he killed her during his kyuubi mode. But then Katsuya reassures him that she's alright and then he clenches his heart and cries from being relieved. Then the scene changes to Hinata showing her whispering Naruto's name. After the whole fight with Pain we see Sakura healing Hinata and when she finally wakes up her first thoughts are on Naruto and if he's alright. They then get news from Katsuya that Naruto was able to take down the 6th path of Pain and Hinata immediately starts crying from being relieved. Now isn't it obvious how they mirror each other's actions? Isn't it cute how they have so much things in common and Kishi just enjoys adding more of this mirror situations?
10. When Sakura hugs Naruto: We see one panel with only Hinata in it who was shown smiling, meaning that her reaction was important in that situation. Kishi was trying to remind us that Hinata was still important and that NaruSaku wasn't canon because of that hug. Hinata had just confessed to Naruto a few hours before and she is not shown to feel jealousy at all. Or you could argue that Hinata is not the jealous type but I really doubt it was Kishi's intention to make her look like she approved of Naruto and Sakura's supposed romantic relationship after she just went out and almost got herself killed after confessing to him.
11. 4th Shinobi War - first night: the first NaruHina development was shown when we see Hinata thinking of Naruto and she mentions that this war is to protect Naruto, that failure is not an option.
Nooow let me go back to another NaruHina mirror situation which happened one or two chapters after this one.
Remember Naruto vs. 4th Raikage? Remember the "I won't fail." From both him and Minato? Here again we see how Naruto and Hinata are so alike.
Let me add to this that in that same chapter (it's 540 by the way) Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are reconfirmed as she thinks about him when the random ninja says that the guy she loves must be a great man. (Which unfortunately he is not and Sakura is aware of this, that's why she is shown with such a sad face) whoever said Sakura loved Naruto because of that one hug? I love it how in this one chapter both NH and SS got reconfirmed and got given a boost up in the exact same way (meaning a mirror situation) with having the two ladies think of their respective loved ones in the exact same way. Why didn't an image of Naruto pass through Sakura's head even for one bit of a moment when the ninja mentioned it must be a great man? Isn't Naruto a great man? Yup she pretty much loves Sasuke.
12. This one is by far one of the best, if not the best, NaruHina moment out there. When Naruto's clone jumps in to save Hinata. Now he also jumped in to save Sakura, but his words to her were; "I see you aren't hurt Sakura-chan." And we have Sakura acting surprised and mentioning his name. By this time we already know that Sakura loves only Sasuke. And Naruto's feelings are still unclear. Though Naruto is aware of the fact that Sakura will always love only Sasuke and he had recognized this and has already rejected Sakura's false confession because of this fact.
Now moving onto the NaruHina moment; We see Hinata (of all things) being attacked by white Zetsus and then we see Naruto jumping in front of her and covering for her (another mirror situation here in which it's now Naruto who is protecting her) and then he asks her if she's alright. Notice the concerned expression, notice how he didn't ask Sakura if she was alright and didn't even look back at her. They barely had any interaction actually. Hinata is cute as always (and in love ^^) and is surprised to see Naruto there, she's surprised to see this new Naruto. Notice how much panel time they're given. Then we have Neji and Kiba being suspicious of Naruto. They don't recognize this new Naruto form with new chakra and a new scent. Naruto says he really is the one but Neji is not convinced. THEN, ladies and gentlemen, we have a shot of Hinata saying that he really is the real Naruto cause you can see it in his eyes. She didn't need any byakugan (Neji) to tell that his was the real Naruto. She knows Naruto so well that she can tell just by looking into his eyes (so romantic). Now if there isn't a deep connection between these two then I don't know what to say anymore.. Then we have Hinata feeling bad about herself cause even though she's the one who always wants to protect him he is always the one who ends up protecting her (another mirror situation from Naruto vs. Pain) this time around however, Naruto seems to have read into Hinata's thoughts ( deep connection, anyone?) and reassures her and tells her not to worry about it. And THEN we have another mirror situation when he tells her that it's all in her eyes! He can read just by looking into her eyes that she is strong! (So romantic!) and what's more; It is confirmed that Naruto remembers the two times she's saved him before! (Before his fight with Neji and during Pain vs. Naruto) AND he sure as hell remembers her confession! And while doing so he is shown smiling with a knowing look in his eyes!!! He knows that she loves him! He knows that her confession was genuine and he knows that she's willing to die for him.
Now remember what Kushina told him about finding a woman just like her. People like to compare Kushina to Sakura because of their unusual hair color and violent personality, BUT they seem to disregard that what Kushina might've truly meant when she told Naruto that was that he should find himself a woman that genuinely loved him just like she did and who was willing to fight for him and die for him out of love. That he shouldn't find himself a strange woman (Sakura still loves Sasuke after such a long time and after spending such quality time with Naruto. Sakura also falsely confesses to Naruto and right after it was once again confirmed that Sakura only loves Sasuke) I think that who Kushina meant by a strange woman was Sakura. Besides Naruto stopped viewing Hinata as someone weird back when he was about to fight Neji. Do not forget.
During this moment it was shown how similar Naruto and Hinata are. Kushina and Naruto also are by the way. It is also telling us that Naruto is still considering her confession and hasn't brushed it off yet. He is also shown to think positively of it and there's a hint that he might love her back.
13. When Naruto is fighting the bijus and Shikaku sends information on Naruto to everybody. Hinata is seen thinking that she's always been chasing after him but that when the war ends she will stop it and that next time she will be next to him, holding his hand and walking with him. Hinata never goes back on her words! Now we all know that they held hands in chapter 615, but this was still during the war. Hinata mentions that after the war she will be doing all of that, instead of chasing after him she will be with him, meaning that she will be his lover/wife.
14. There was this small NaruHina moment in chapter 611 when the shinobi alliance are all arriving and then we get a shot of Hinata and then Kiba makes a joke telling Naruto not to act all tough just because Hinata is there... Is Kiba implying that Naruto is in love with Hinata? Yes he is. When has Kiba teased Naruto in such a way before? Never ever. He always knew about Hinata's feelings for him, but he never thought about Naruto's feelings for her. And remember that he was present when the whole "it's all in your eyes" ordeal took place. Meaning that he suspects something's going on between the two of them. Another thing; What was what Hinata first said when she arrived? ---> She was worried about him and asked if he was okay. What did Sakura say to him? ---> Nothing.
15. The huge NaruHina moment in chapter 615. Here we have Naruto almost being brainwashed by what Obito is telling him and we see him reaching out his hand to him but then we have Hinata lightly slapping him across the face to bring him back to his senses. She tells him to not forget about his beliefs, to not forget the reason they've been fighting for, to not forget the sacrifices that have been made for him, and to not forget that he's not alone and that his life was never only his own. Hinata makes him remember about his nindo and once again lets him know that her nindo is the same as his. Naruto then realizes all of this and takes Hinata's hand into his own while thanking her for always being there by his side. Hinata is shown not to blush, which is great progress for her, and she thinks about how strong and manly his hand is ( ). His hand makes her feel safe... Couldn't get any better than that. Naruto finally recognized Hinata and the fact that she's always been by his side, he thanked her for bringing him back to his senses. And furthermore he's still aware of the fact that she loves him romantically. Hinata was depicted as a whole different person from how she was before. She clearly matured and is not afraid to slap Naruto and make him believe in himself again. Another mirror situation is seen here as we are brought back to the moment when she made him believe in himself before his fight with Neji. Back then Naruto thought of her as a friend, right now what does he think of her?
Anyway, later on we see Naruto doing his shadow clones while still staying by her side. Note that he never left her side even though many will argue that the NaruHina moment was ruined. It's logical that they had to let go of each other's hands in order to perform hand seals and to get ready to fight. But never forget that Naruto held her hand and recognized and thanked her.
16. Madara calls Hinata ''little missus'' meaning that he just called Hinata being Naruto's wife/girlfriend.
17. When Hinata pushes his shoulder back in place. Yes we know that Hinata was able to see his shoulder with her byakugan, but why didn't another Hyuuga do it then? Why did it have to be Hinata? And what was the purpose of his shoulder being dislocated in the first place? Of course; it was all to create this one NaruHina moment in which Naruto is shown extending his arm while throwing the Rasen Shuriken at Obito and Hinata is seen supporting that one extended arm from behind. They are fighting as one, they are supporting each other. It was all for the purpose of Kishi telling us that he still hadn't forgotten about the huge NaruHina development just a few chapters back.
To be continued.
I believe that there's a whole load of NaruHina coming in the future. Right now I'm hoping for this whole Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto ordeal to be resolved and for Sakura and Sasuke's relationship to come to a final conclusion. But what I'm sure of is that NaruHina will be the end pair. It can happen in the next chapter, it can also happen in the very last one. But sooner or later it will undeniably happen.
Remember that Naruto already got his chance with Sakura but he rejected it right away. With Hinata's confession still in his mind there is still a lot of room for more and finally for Naruto's answer. Just think why Kishi is making us wait. Probably because he can't make NaruHina canon until the end.
Another thing is that Naruto never thought about the "finding a woman like his mother" part. If Sakura had really been that one woman his thoughts would've immediately been that of Sakura, but no it wasn't. Instead a void was left open and that is because Hinata does matter to him. His heart was not set on any girl at that time. But if he was able to let go of his infatuation on Sakura then he is pretty much able to grow to love Hinata.
I wanted to also add this one ''mirror'' moment between NS and NH in favor of NaruHina of course. Remember that after Sakura's confession, Naruto mentions these words: I hate people who lie to themselves!
After Hinata encourages him before he goes off to fight Neji he tells her this: But... A person like you. I really like!!
Now, do you notice the similarities between these two moments? In one of them he's telling one girl he likes her and in the other he's telling the other girl he hates her.
thanks to the people who had the patience to read all of that and who clicked through all the spoilers lol. I'm sorry if this thread is repeated, but I've never really seen any other thread like this one before, normally they're all about Sakura vs. Hinata and NH vs. NS.
I still can't stand the SasuSaku pairing though. It just makes Sakura look like a complete idiot. How can she love someone who has never EVER reciprocated any type of feelings at all? At least Naruto and Hinata have had their moments... Hell Naruto and Sasuke have had more "romantic" moments than Sakura and Sasuke.
Good work in doing it and don't be discourage by Sakura lovers, sines the sires started it ben Hinata and Kishi has keep the pot boiling at low heat because true love takes time to come to the right setting. So keep reading in a few months father we come to the end of the war,we will see a Naruto Hinata time that nobody can deny at all.
learn what ? threads stating the obvious and common sense ?
Stop being so close-minded. This is not just your typical pairing thread. This is an actual analysis on every single moment and on a pairing's development and based on these facts I was able to ultimately draw a conclusion. If you don't agree, then don't even bother replying to these kind of threads, heh.