Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    World War Z gas83091's Avatar
    Status
    gas83091 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,452
    Location
    Ground Zero
    How Do You Kill The Undead?
     

    homeless people

    well i was siting at a red light and saw a homeless guy and felt bad as soon as i reached to get a few bills he gave me this pedo smile and scared the shit out of me WTH so i thought it was best to keep my window up :o

    i personally feel bad for them but at the same time feel they need to get a job and stop begging... it's hard to tell who needs help and who's lazy

    so what are your thoughts on homeless people?
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Status
    Kages is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,414
    you were so close.
     

    Re: homeless people

    They are awesome and yes they can be a bit creepy lol
     
         

  3. #3
    LssJBroly's Avatar
    Status
    LssJBroly is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    New Zealand
    Odin, why did you get my 2
    little bears terminated ? U_U
     



    Re: homeless people

    Um, Idk. I can't judge them as I am fortunate enough not to have ever been in their situation :shrug:
     
         

  4. #4
    Atarashi Yoake TheSyren's Avatar
    Status
    TheSyren is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,545
    Location
    In her arms. Jealous?
    i prefer lesser than or equal
    to, but for better or for
    worse, you know where to find
    me. -doki doki-
     

    Re: homeless people

    You know, Daniel Tosh had an interesting way to employ the homeless. Google it if you don't know his idea, lol
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member SonictheHedgehog's Avatar
    Status
    SonictheHedgehog is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,391
    Location
    Green Hill Zone / Mobius
    Fastest thing alive.
     

    Re: homeless people

    You never know when they're good or not. Just that they're on the streets without a home or food like you have.
     
         

  6. #6
    World War Z gas83091's Avatar
    Status
    gas83091 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,452
    Location
    Ground Zero
    How Do You Kill The Undead?
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by Kages View Post
    They are awesome and yes they can be a bit creepy lol
    lol how are they awesome?

    Quote Originally Posted by LssJBroly View Post
    Um, Idk. I can't judge them as I am fortunate enough not to have ever been in their situation :shrug:
    well i have been in their situation unfortunately but i still don't judge.... it just i don't wanna give my money to someone who's lazy and instead of one in need
     
         

  7. #7
    ~Started From The Bottom~ BelphaZar's Avatar
    Status
    BelphaZar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,299
    Location
    NYC
    Live happy life is too short
    to waste time
     

    Re: homeless people

    i honestly feel the same way you do i cant stand it, it breaks my heart to see a person suffering like that
     
         

  8. #8
    Banned
    Status
    daking is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    41
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by BelphaZar View Post
    i honestly feel the same way you do i cant stand it, it breaks my heart to see a person suffering like that
    they need to die
     
         

  9. #9
    World War Z gas83091's Avatar
    Status
    gas83091 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,452
    Location
    Ground Zero
    How Do You Kill The Undead?
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by Youth and Full power View Post
    You never know when they're good or not. Just that they're on the streets without a home or food like you have.
    i know that's why i feel bad

    Quote Originally Posted by BelphaZar View Post
    i honestly feel the same way you do i cant stand it, it breaks my heart to see a person suffering like that
    i know i always try to give what i have, i even bought this one guy McDonald's a few yrs back :D i loved to see him smile

    Quote Originally Posted by daking View Post
    they need to die
    ignorance
     
         
    Last edited by gas83091; 01-07-2013 at 08:03 AM.

  10. #10
    Nerd November's Avatar
    Status
    November is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,598
    Location
    My Room
    Tired just Tired !!!
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by BelphaZar View Post
    i honestly feel the same way you do i cant stand it, it breaks my heart to see a person suffering like that
    ^this

    Quote Originally Posted by daking View Post
    they need to die
    you went too far, dude!
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Necromancer4276's Avatar
    Status
    Necromancer4276 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,225
    Location
    Between this and the other world.
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Honestly, here in America at least, it's not hard at all to survive. When you can feed yourself for 8 dollars a day it's not hard. Offer them food instead of money and guess what? Half the time they turn you down. Why? Because they want alcohol instead.
     
         

  12. #12
    ~The Legendary Emo~ emo313's Avatar
    Status
    emo313 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    484
    Location
    london
    I Am The One Who Protects The
    Light Behind The Darkness ~
    I'm Balancing This World~
     

    Re: homeless people

    most of them are creepy
    but it's sort of bad when i see them i'm like OMG why ?
     
         

  13. #13
    oath ziggyZ's Avatar
    Status
    ziggyZ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,400
    Location
    back of your mind
    egg
     



    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by LssJBroly View Post
    Um, Idk. I can't judge them as I am fortunate enough not to have ever been in their situation :shrug:
    This.
     
         

  14. #14
    World War Z gas83091's Avatar
    Status
    gas83091 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,452
    Location
    Ground Zero
    How Do You Kill The Undead?
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    Honestly, here in America at least, it's not hard at all to survive. When you can feed yourself for 8 dollars a day it's not hard. Offer them food instead of money and guess what? Half the time they turn you down. Why? Because they want alcohol instead.
    i had that happen to me, i gave a guy $20 before entering a dollar store and i came out and he was outside the liquor store across the street with a 40oz he didn't have earlier -_- i should have known :sy:

    note: this was in st.louis, MO
     
         

  15. #15
    LssJBroly's Avatar
    Status
    LssJBroly is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    New Zealand
    Odin, why did you get my 2
    little bears terminated ? U_U
     



    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by gas83091 View Post
    l
    well i have been in their situation unfortunately but i still don't judge.... it just i don't wanna give my money to someone who's lazy and instead of one in need
    Yeah. Idk where your're from but I hear in the States there are a lot of homeless people around. Thankfully in New Zealand, we are not quite so bad,
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member Necromancer4276's Avatar
    Status
    Necromancer4276 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,225
    Location
    Between this and the other world.
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by gas83091 View Post
    i had that happen to me, i gave a guy $20 before entering a dollar store and i came out and he was outside the liquor store across the street with a 40oz he didn't have earlier -_- i should have known :sy:

    note: this was in st.louis, MO
    I offered this guy the second half of my 12 inch Subway sandwich when he asked me for money. He refused. That's when i lost all hope in beggars. You can literally buy food for $3...
     
         

  17. #17
    World War Z gas83091's Avatar
    Status
    gas83091 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,452
    Location
    Ground Zero
    How Do You Kill The Undead?
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by LssJBroly View Post
    Yeah. Idk where your're from but I hear in the States there are a lot of homeless people around. Thankfully in New Zealand, we are not quite so bad,
    i live in Hou, TX, USA and yeah we got a bunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    I offered this guy the second half of my 12 inch Subway sandwich when he asked me for money. He refused. That's when i lost all hope in beggars. You can literally buy food for $3...
    some ruin it for others luckily a guy excepted my McDonald's and said god bless you wease: i was so proud of myself
     
         

  18. #18
    Mikasa es mi casa . -Punk-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Punk- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    28,814
    Location
    With Mikasa.Esdeath.MichelleK.
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by gas83091 View Post
    well i was siting at a red light and saw a homeless guy and felt bad as soon as i reached to get a few bills he gave me this pedo smile and scared the shit out of me WTH so i thought it was best to keep my window up :o

    i personally feel bad for them but at the same time feel they need to get a job and stop begging... it's hard to tell who needs help and who's lazy

    so what are your thoughts on homeless people?
    o completely agree with you , BANE ... one time i gave this guy a dollar & some change & the guy trow it back at me .... i guess it wasn't enough for him ... i just wanted to share the story .... but some of them are creppy ... but if you can yoou gotta help
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Ciao's Avatar
    Status
    Ciao is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,294
    Location
    reddit
    Goodbye yellow brick road
     



    Re: homeless people

    Alcohol and drugs ruin lives.
     
         

  20. #20
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar
    Status
    Lightbringer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,789
    Location
    Anor Londo
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: homeless people

    m I think southpark taught me a valuable lesson about the homeless

    .....Never give them change, or else.

     
         

  21. #21
    World War Z gas83091's Avatar
    Status
    gas83091 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,452
    Location
    Ground Zero
    How Do You Kill The Undead?
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by labiancareality View Post
    o completely agree with you , BANE ... one time i gave this guy a dollar & some change & the guy trow it back at me .... i guess it wasn't enough for him ... i just wanted to share the story .... but some of them are creppy ... but if you can yoou gotta help
    lmao he threw it back, what do you do in that situation lol
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member SonictheHedgehog's Avatar
    Status
    SonictheHedgehog is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,391
    Location
    Green Hill Zone / Mobius
    Fastest thing alive.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    I offered this guy the second half of my 12 inch Subway sandwich when he asked me for money. He refused. That's when i lost all hope in beggars. You can literally buy food for $3...
    Yes, but sadly some people are unfortunate enough as to not even have that much, but there are some really picky beggars, that's why it's hard to decide if you should donate to them or not.
     
         

  23. #23
    Mikasa es mi casa . -Punk-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Punk- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    28,814
    Location
    With Mikasa.Esdeath.MichelleK.
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by gas83091 View Post
    lmao he threw it back, what do you do in that situation lol
    i was shock , ... & left ... i was not gonna waste my time with some world fodder ....

    there's some good homeless & so creepy & lazy ones .. but its hard to tell
     
         

  24. #24
    Mikasa es mi casa . -Punk-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Punk- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    28,814
    Location
    With Mikasa.Esdeath.MichelleK.
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by Youth and Full power View Post
    Yes, but sadly some people are unfortunate enough as to not even have that much, but there are some really picky beggars, that's why it's hard to decide if you should donate to them or not.
    exactly
     
         

  25. #25
    Senior Member Aim64C's Avatar
    Status
    Aim64C is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,314
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: homeless people

    Quote Originally Posted by gas83091 View Post
    i personally feel bad for them but at the same time feel they need to get a job and stop begging... it's hard to tell who needs help and who's lazy

    so what are your thoughts on homeless people?
    A rather famous individual had these rather wise words to say, according to the accounts available:

    "Give a man a fish, and he shall eat for one night. Teach a man to fish, and he shall eat for a lifetime."

    I believe, along with that, is: "You cannot, however, make a man decide to go fishing."

    You do what you can for those who have the will to improve their well-being. People are often somewhat divisive and manipulative. There do exist those who will take advantage of your kindness (and it's more common than anyone wants to think). There are others who are not mentally able to survive without constant assistance in some shape or form. And there are still others who have chosen a lifestyle that includes substances that make rational and responsible decision making difficult to impossible.

    For example... while I was overseas, my room mates asked me if it was okay for them to rent out my room to one of their old friends who had come across some hard times and needed a place to stay. I was alright with this - they'd allowed me to stay with them for some time rent-free following some of my own hardships (last parent passing away, probably could have been diagnosed with PTSD regarding the collapse of my relationship with my girlfriend at about the same time, the list goes on). I trusted their judgment and history with this guy, and wasn't about to turn my nose up at helping someone out.

    Things went fine. For a time. Eventually, this guy decided he'd get involved with a girl he worked with, who happened to be a tweaking mess (on methamphetamine). Apparently, she'd invited people over to the house without the knowledge or permission of my room mates and insisted upon utilizing illicit substances in my room.

    She eventually got told to GTFO and stay away... not long before Christmas and my own scheduled return. Pretty much the day I returned home, my room mates had come to the realization that quite a few of our possessions had been liberated from our custody.

    Moral of the story?

    Be discerning and practical with any ideals you have regarding aid to those 'in need.'

    I've seen trailer parks full of people who wait for their SSI check and/or avoiding the police because they're carrying something illegal. I've seen people file for, and receive, disability because they are simply too lazy to get a job (supposedly that qualifies as a mental disorder... which, I agree, to some extent that it is... but what good does it do society to pay to keep that around?)

    So, just be careful. A lot of the people who are in those types of positions are there for one of a few reasons: No one wants to let them into their home (indicative of substance abuse, behavioral disorder); He/she doesn't care to have a home (indicative of some psychological issue, usually). Yes - there are people who are "down on their luck." But the iconic heart-wrenching image of the family who roams the cold, empty streets is much less of a reality. What families do exist in such conditions often have psychologically troubled parents who can't provide for their own needs, let alone their child(ren).

    It's what we like to think of when we see people on the street... but that image used to support more extensive welfare programs is a very small minority amidst what is really going on.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •