Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~On Hitatus~

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [January 2013]

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyAssassin View Post
    Teeth

Gollum only has
    Awesome :D After doing some research though, I found out that the book had some more riddles, and that it didn't have the one with the egg... Either that, or the "Author" of the post I read just failed to mention it. If you saw, I only mentioned those that were present both in the film and in the book, plus the egg one. And an own version of the "pocket" one of course

Last edited by Michael92; 01-12-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN

Morning all! D

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    Morning all! D
    Morning! How are you?

Legendary Sage of Konoha Michael92's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~On Hitatus~

Fiona!!! ^^ And Netsie too! :D

Oh... I might be able to vote this month as well, like I did last month O__o:zonder:

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Fiona!!! ^^ And Netsie too! :D

Oh... I might be able to vote this month as well, like I did last month O__o:zonder:
    O.O I still have to read... :ghehe:

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Hey ppl

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra73 View Post
    Hey ppl
    :hey: How are you?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    :hey: How are you?
    Feel like shit. How are you?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Feel like shit. How are you?
    Are you sick? D:

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

Are you sick? D:
    Yes and it's bad.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Yes and it's bad.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.

I hope you feel better soon.
    I do too thanks

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~On Hitatus~

Michael92's Vote this month goes to...:

Okay, I've read through bits of the "first" chapter (out of three) that you guys have participated with this month, and given you all a "very" short comment on what I thought (mostly on the flow of the narration and the English, etc.), so it will be hard to cast a vote this time around. The following is a short note on each writer and the three nominees:

Sam (Shinobi Train) - You stand strong this month as well, just like last month.

Chakrawizard, Netsui, Reborn - Like Sam, you all stand strong this month, and trying to judge purely on your writing was hard, not only due to the fact that the four of you have a similar writing style, but you all seemed to be in the same phase in your chapter (build up wise). What I noticed though, that seemed to differ and stand out the most written wise, was the fact that CW wrote his narrative part in first person and he seemed to nail it pretty well... I'll come back later with whom of you make it to my three nominees...

Skylar Knight - Your style of writing is like mine... safe and sound, although purely written-wise I can spot the difference between you and the above. But like I said in my post, you're not English speaking, so expecting anything in the likes of Germanicus would be crazy. I like the originality of your work, it seems simple, yet intriguing... One thing to be noted though, even if your Norwegian like me, I'll have to judge fair in the end. Just thought I would mention that so that people didn't think otherwise.

Orange Hokage - Like I said in my post, your English is good, the plot is interesting (and safe), but the structure seemed a bit off at times. Even so, the action makes up for it (IMO), and you stand on equal terms with the rest.

Cobra - Also like I said, interesting story and character interaction, although the presentation didn't nail perfectly like Sam, Netsui, Reborn and ChakraW. But, still pretty good, and your writing seems pretty modern which IMO is a good thing.

Germanicus - What makes you stand out from the rest is your excellent English and your wide variety of words. Yet, perfection does not exist, and I think I spot a strange sentence structure/choice of word at one point (not entirely sure after a second read-through though). Still, IMO you stand strongest among the rest when it comes to the writing alone, but I don't base it entirely on that though.

Okay, I've picked three nominees out of three categories - each one representing of them (just because I placed you in this category, doesn't that necessary mean that your only quality lies here, but IMO it's one of your strong points).

English and Structure: Germanicus - Your use of the English language and the structure of your work, just brilliant.

Narrative and Flow: ChakraWizard - Your first person narrative surprisingly put me off guard and it was nailed perfectly (to be noted that you are the only one amongst the contestants that write narrative in 1st person). Your English is quite good too and the introduction of your first chapter was amazingly interesting, as I almost had to force myself from reading more (like I said, I don't have time to read through everything from everyone). The main reason I chose you here was because you stood out from the rest in this category.

Story and character interactions: Hmm.... This one was hard. Being as anyone could fit in here, even those mentioned in the other categories, I had to do some real thinking as I had very little to go on from the small bits and parts I read. In the end though I had to go for Reborn. I've read through bits and parts of his FF every now then, and I know for certain that he has a strong story. Not only did I find it fitting for you to be nominated here, but also perhaps deserving.

Other categories that I had in consideration for the three nominees: Action, length (who am I kidding, I love FF writers whom dare to put some length to their FFs) and Build up. In the end though, I found it more fitting to judge from the three above.
    --------------------------------------------------

Out of the three, my vote this month goes to *Drum Rolls*... ChakraWizard! Your English is great, your structure is great, your interaction between characters are believable, your first chapter build-up was great, your chapter length was decent, the story seemed interesting (not giving away its plot in the title nor really in the chapter name), the crossover from the character talking to the 1st person narrative was superb and surprising.
    I'm not sure from what I read if I really think your three chapters are above the rest this month (due to the little I was able to read), but the fresh start and the fact that you really caught me off guard and managed to stand out the most from the rest, was really the reason to why you get my vote this month. Great job! ^^

And great job everyone else too! If multi-voting was allowed, I might have voted for as much as six people this month, but that's unfortunately not the case, and I had to decide in the end. Work hard everyone, and let's make 2013 one of the best years in NB's FF history!

Side note - Being as you got my vote and being as your FF is new, I'm going to give your three first chapters a throughout read and a real review ^^

Last edited by Michael92; 01-12-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Fixed some bad grammar.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Okay, I've read through bits of the "first" chapter (out of three) that you guys have participated with this month, and given you all a comment on what I thought (mostly on the flow of the narration and the English, etc), so it will be hard to cast a vote this time around. The following is a short note on each writer and the three nominees:

Sam (Shinobi Train) - You stand strong this month as well, just like last month.

Chakrawizard, Netsui, Reborn - Like Sam, you all stand strong this month, and trying to judge purely on your writing was hard, not only due to the fact that the four of you have a similar writing style, but you all seemed to be in the same phase in your chapter (build up wise). What I noticed though, that seemed to differ and stand out the most written wise, was the fact that CW wrote his narrative part in first person and he seemed to nail it pretty well... I'll come back later with whom of you make it to my three nominees...

Skylar Knight - Your style of writing is like mine... safe and sound, although purely written-wise I can spot the difference between you and the above. But like I said in my post, you're not English speaking, so expecting anything in the likes of Germanicus would be crazy. I like the originality of your work, it seems simple, yet intriguing... One thing to be noted though, even if your Norwegian like me, I'll have to judge fair in the end. Just thought I would mention that so that people didn't think otherwise.

Orange Hokage - Like I said in my post, your English is good, the plot is interesting (and safe), but the structure seemed a bit off at times. Even so, the action makes up for it (IMO), and you stand on equal terms with the rest.

Cobra - Also like I said, interesting story and character interaction, although the presentation didn't nail perfectly like Sam, Netsui, Reborn and ChakraW. But, still pretty good, and your writing seems pretty modern which IMO is a good thing.

Germanicus - What makes you stand out from the rest is your excellent English and your wide variety of words. Yet, perfection does not exist and I did spot a strange sentence structure/choice of word at one point. Still, IMO you stand strongest among the rest when it comes to the writing alone, but I don't base it entirely on that though.

Okay, I've picked three nominees out of three categories - each one representing of them (just because I placed you in this category, doesn't that necessary mean that your only quality lies here, but IMO it's one of your strong points).

English and Structure: Germanicus - Your use of the English language and the structure of your work, just brilliant.

Narrative and Flow: ChakraWizard - Your first person narrative surprisingly put me off guard and it was nailed perfectly (to be noted that you are the only one amongst the contestants that write narrative in 1st person). Your English is quite good too and the introduction of your first chapter was amazingly interesting, as I almost had to force myself from reading more (like I said, I don't have time to read through everything from everyone). The main reason I chose you here was because you stood out from the rest in this category.

Story and character interactions: Hmm.... This one was hard. Being as anyone could fit in here, even those mentioned in the other categories, I had to do some real thinking as I had very little to go on from the small bits and parts I read. In the end though I had to go for Reborn. I've read through bits and parts of his FF every now then, and I know for certain that he has a strong story. Not only did I find it fitting for you to be nominated here, but also perhaps deserving.

Other categories that I had in consideration for the three nominees: Action, length (whom am I kidding, I love FF writers whom dare to put some length to their FFs) and Build up. In the end though, I found it more fitting to judge from the three above.

Out of the three, my vote this month goes to *Drum Rolls*... ChakraWizard! Your English is great, your structure is great, your interaction between characters are believable, your first chapter build-up was great, your chapter length was decent, the story seemed interesting (not giving away its plot in the title nor really in the chapter name), the crossover from the character talking to the 1st person narrative was superb and surprising.
    I'm not sure from what I read if I really think your three chapters are above the rest this month (due to the little I was able to read), but the fresh start and the fact that you really caught me off guard and managed to stand out the most from the rest, was really the reason to why you get my vote this month. Great job! ^^

And great job everyone else too! If multi-voting was allowed, I might have voted for as much as six people this month, but that's unfortunately not the case, and I had to decide in the end. Work hard everyone, and let's make 2013 one of the best years in NB's FF history!

Side note - Being as you got my vote and being as your FF is new, I'm going to give your three first chapters a throughout read and a real review ^^
    I appreciate the comments shown. (For myself of course. I can't speak for everyone else, though you all probably feel the same.) What I really like though is how much thought you actually put into your choice. It's refreshing. Most people just vote the same person over and over again.

Often times without reading the other entries.

Also, hate to sound needy, but which part held the strangeness. I must correct my errors.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to balance work and
    school while writing in my
    spare time.

I'm on Chakra Wizard's side, so you would have to deal with me! :mugi:
    You defends me? Why thank you:D

Okay, I've read through bits of the "first" chapter (out of three) that you guys have participated with this month, and given you all a comment on what I thought (mostly on the flow of the narration and the English, etc), so it will be hard to cast a vote this time around. The following is a short note on each writer and the three nominees:

Germanicus - What makes you stand out from the rest is your excellent English and your wide variety of words. Yet, perfection does not exist and I did spot a strange sentence structure/choice of word at one point. Still, IMO you stand strongest among the rest when it comes to the writing alone, but I don't base it entirely on that though.

Other categories that I had in consideration for the three nominees: Action, length (whom am I kidding, I love FF writers whom dare to put some length to their FFs) and Build up. In the end though, I found it more fitting to judge from the three above.

I'm so...honored I'd like to thanks the Academy...and all the people that will later vote for me now that Michael has

I kid (I know how humble you are in that respect), but thanks alot for the vote, man:D

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by chakrawizard555 View Post
    You defends me? Why thank you:D

I'm so...honored I'd like to thanks the Academy...and all the people that will later vote for me now that Michael has

I kid (I know how humble you are in that respect), but thanks alot for the vote, man:D
    Of course I defend you!

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Mike gives a long explanation for his charity vote, the Wizard is hiding behind women's skirts and Cobra...well...I'm not sure about him, but most likely he bit himself and he's just afraid to admit.

Is that about what I missed? ^_^

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Mike gives a long explanation for his charity vote, the Wizard is hiding behind women's skirts and Cobra...well...I'm not sure about him, but most likely he bit himself and he's just afraid to admit.

Yeah. How are you, S.Train?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Appears to be the case.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to balance work and
    school while writing in my
    spare time.

Of course I defend you!
    Thank you! :D

Ha...ha...HA! Reeeeaaallll funny, Sammy boy, reeeeaaalll funny

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring Back AUTOPLAY!

O-o Was I late for the party? I here this place can get up to some perverted stuff

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

O-o Was I late for the party? I here this place can get up to some perverted stuff
    :ghehe: No one is ever late for the party!

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Thank you! :D

Ha...ha...HA! Reeeeaaallll funny, Sammy boy, reeeeaaalll funny
    I thought so...

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Train is on less often, so pervy internet sexy time doesn't seem to happen quite like it use to.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~On Hitatus~

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    I appreciate the comments shown. (For myself of course. I can't speak for everyone else, though you all probably feel the same.) What I really like though is how much thought you actually put into your choice. It's refreshing. Most people just vote the same person over and over again.

Often times without reading the other entries.

Also, hate to sound needy, but which part held the strangeness. I must correct my errors.
    Yeah actually, all voters in the past gave reasoning for their votes, as well as mentioning the others (almost ), and I kind of miss those days. Every second post was someone revealing their vote as well, lol. People these days barely say who they vote for, and since I found some time, I thought I would remember and cherish that.

Sure... Hmm... on a second read-through (from the beginning to the "champiooooon" part), I can't seem to find what I thought was odd O__o xD :lmao: Either I can't get myself to focus enough to find it again, or maybe I jumped a bit too fast at one point when reading earlier, missing out on a word, which made the sentence seem strange. To be honest, I don't understand some of the words you use without searching them up in a dictionary, and that says a bit on how great and advanced your English is. Although my point still stand, perfection does not exist, although you're pretty close to it (not sure whom came up with that in the discussion I created the other day, but it's a valid point). If you had Fiona look at it, I'm sure she would find one. If I was to rank my nominees, you would have placed 2nd. The only reason you did not place first was because CW managed to surprise me with a writing style I haven't quite seen before... Carry on

, my pleasure